One Piece Chapter 928: The Courtesan Komurasaki Takes The Stage

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by Iron Pirate, Dec 20, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

37 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Great

178 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. Average

147 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Poor

25 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Awful

15 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    Kid is a secret softie.

Guan_Yu and Luffy. like this.
  2. Black lord sanji

Black lord sanji

Bounty Points:
    Wano’s country number one prostitute”

[​IMG]

3. GeneralCracker

GeneralCracker

Bounty Points:
    Last Chapter he gave me Shutenmaru vibes and this Chapter, Doffy Vibes for some reason.
    [​IMG]

Want to see more of him. Oda can really make him into a well written character

4. swingingsalmon

swingingsalmon

Bounty Points:
    The King of the Coast > Shanks > The worms inside of the dirt > the dirt > Kidd

But that's pretty cool though. Do you think it would have been Shanks? Or one of the subordinates that we also saw with a bladed weapon at Marineford? It seems like that would be out of Shank's character.

But, I guess that also brings up the question of when Kidd, Killer, Hawkins, and Apoo were all convening and talking about taking down Shanks. Did they see something that can be exploited? I feel like most people who lost a limb to a yonko would stay away from that yonko for now on, but not Kidd. Is he brave, or stupid?

One Piece 4 life and thanhbv like this.
  5. Raistlin

Raistlin

Bounty Points:
    Hmm

The bulk of the chapter is about Komurasaki, so she's definitely important. The ending with Momo and Tama there, seems to clinch it. She and Kyoshiro are in on something.

Oda either always planned it this way or he heard fan whining of 'ret-con' on SeaStone efficacy from Pre-Skip, since now we have an apparent reason why the Seastone cuffs don't work the way fandom thinks they should. Weakened Seastone? somehow diluted with other materials is my guess.

So, Kidd wanted to avenge his crewmate and went into BM's territory? But glancing at sthe spoilers it seems to suggest he went there to retrieve something instead. Ah it'll all be cleared up by tomorrow I expect, early release of SJ online.

I'm hoping there is no break next week. Forlorn hope. At least there is JF 19 to look forward to.

6. deadpool1999

deadpool1999

Bounty Points:
    No need to complain here. We seriously need more bitches in this story to avoid repetition. Like I love how Oda handles Hancock's character. Yeah, she's on good side now and falls in love with Luffy, doesnt change the fact that her characteristic is toxic:ZULUL:
    Also props for my nigga Kyoyshiro. He's the definition of " f*** you boss first come first serve". What a man of culture (well, Komurasaki is a hoe after all:sadgrin:).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Poundman, MarineHQ62 and Ev Violet like this.
  7. Luffy.

Luffy.

Bounty Points:
    More like he cares about those he close to or work under him.

iamkushank, Naomi Rose and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  8. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Komurasaki is 100% Hiyori... both are being emphasised on in this chapter, and even age coincides.

Please Oda, just keep Luffy in jail and show us something else... Anything else for that matter...

9. Ev Violet

Ev Violet

Bounty Points:
    the difference is Nami didnt go for selling her body to get money, she straight up stealing all the money instead of making any business

10. Luffy.

Luffy.

Bounty Points:
    Let the "this guy cut Kidd's arm" theories begin!

11. Fuchsia

Fuchsia

Bounty Points:
    I smell jealousy :smuggrin:

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  12. OEKaneki

OEKaneki

Bounty Points:
    Best part of the chapter was Raizo talking to Luffy, if only because that means that Luffy won’t be long for jail. Happy to see that the jail stint won’t be extended and things are moving along. Kid getting his arm taken by Shanks’ people was a nice reveal, not a surprise why he’d choose to go after Shanks. Also nice to see Tama again, though I want her to have nothing to do with Momo. And it looks like Nami’s gonna have some eye candy in the future, with how jacked Luffy’s become since the end of WCI and the start of Wano :saikensmirk:

Also, can’t wait to see all he ways in which the fanbase will praise Komurasaki while simultaneously continuing to shit on Nami for unfathomable reasons.

13. swingingsalmon

swingingsalmon

Bounty Points:
    I don't know, man. It seems to sudden for Oda, I feel like this is a red herring. Would it really be worth it if we had this mysterious 20-something girl introduced to us properly in the series, and then in that same chapter we get the solution? No way. I'm not sure. I just think it would be too quick.

14. maxiko

maxiko

Bounty Points:
    That seastone cuffs doesn't look like it's touching to Caribou's skin since his dress cover through his hands. So, since he has a logia fruit, can't he help himself via liquifying his body to get rid off that cuffs?

15. 1neboss

1neboss

Bounty Points:
    Talking about hiyori right after komurasaki scene suggest that they are the same person.
    From cute little princess of Wano to No 1 prostitute..Damn* insert sad past story for making her a bitch*.
    I can see a situation whereby she only scams wicked people that waste money.
    Pretty cool chapter.

16. Ryuarashi

Ryuarashi

Bounty Points:
    Dam she's a savage.

Next chapter should be hype.

You're reading into it too much, he can't.

Poundman likes this.
  17. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    Seems like Kid isn't the type to abandon his nakama.

Old man, Bingo only has himself to blame for his misfortune.

If Komurasaki was privileged her whole life, then there doesn't really need to be an explanation for why she looks down on the poor. But maybe she was poor once in her life and does not like anything that reminds of her of that aspect of her past.

If she is Hiyori, then I wonder what caused her to look down upon the poor.

18. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    you call it not toxic but complex character..hard to see what she truly is like....like how she shows no regard for the three she turned to stone(later shows) but at the same time she is protecting everyone by becoming a subordinate of WG who she despises. Just like how Nyaba says she is originally meek and like a maiden(like when she is crying, she mentions its been such a long time to see your true heart etc) but keeps a strong front(which probably was forced to after having that kind of past) too. which makes her a good character in that way.

19. Chilly Cobra

Chilly Cobra

Bounty Points:
    Yah she'll get a sympathetic backstory so keep tbh. Toko is the only one we fucking wit atm.

I think it's nice that Kid would go fight a Yonko just cause his subordinate was injured lol. Seriously though, Zoro is probably gonna have an important role considering how absent he's been from the whole thing.

20. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    It's already been like what? 20 chapters? We've barely scraped the surface of the arc. We still have to meet the other Samurai, dude in cell, X Drake, Apoo, Killer, Orochi, Orochi's other subos besides Kyoshiro. That's ignoring the fact that Big Mom is on her way too.

This arc will easily go on for the next 3-4 years imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice