Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, if you are interested in reading content related to One Piece head over to the Theories & Speculation Platform where content creators share their theories & speculations.

VIEW FEATURED THEORIES & SPECULATIONS or VIEW LATEST THEORIES & SPECULATIONS

One Piece Chapter 861: The Consummate Actor

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by Syed, Mar 30, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

65 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Epic

141 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. Great

131 vote(s)
    31.2%
  4. Good

58 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Meh

25 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    OnePieceChapter861.png

One Piece Chapter 861
    Title: The Consummate Actor

READ ONE PIECE CHAPTER 861 ONLINE

MangaStream | Jaimini's Box

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 861 QUICK SUMMARY
    - Nice and cute cover page
    - We get to see three more BM's kid's names, Compote, Daifuku and Oven
    - We got to see Mother Carmel's photo.. she seems like a nun. BM doesn't likes it when asked about her.
    - Cartain plan went without the hitch
    - Finally someone killing the homie as it can pretty much leak the info
    - Straw hats are sleeping... Straw hats being Straw hats
    - Sanji being Sanji
    - Then two more double spread with the start of main event

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as
    "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the OJ community!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
    Abiz, Jul D. Ace, Madsick and 51 others like this.
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. ely

ely

Bounty Points:
    R.I.P. all Mother Carmel Theories LOL

I guess, next chapter should be the start of wedding ceremony!!!

gila, Madsick, Jamon_jamoon and 28 others like this.
  4. Jakubi

Jakubi

Bounty Points:
    Sanji really trying to not fall for her cuteness, but damn she is cute
    Luffy and the others sleeping dear lord:lmao:

5. Den_Den_Mushi

Den_Den_Mushi

Bounty Points:
    Mangastream why? The official translations aren't even out yet and already there's mistakes.

Mother Carmel =/= Mother Caramel. The kana isn't even the same. カラメル(Caramel) カルメル(Carmel)

Also Capone didn't say Sanji was getting into his role too much, he said なんて演技力だ which means 'what/such acting skills!' It makes it look like Sanji is going to stray from the plan :shifty:

Overall Oda has made it very ambiguous as to whether Sanji is going to obey the plan or not. His nosebleed and doubting his own recollections might imply that he won't, but Capone's actual speech at the end implies that he's actually just putting on a show. However you wouldn't get that from reading MS alone.

Mindallin, Gumshoe, gila and 80 others like this.
  6. Kiejiro

Kiejiro

Bounty Points:
    >30 minutes before the tea party
    >Luffy and crew are asleep

Never change Straw Hat Pirates.

Gumshoe, gila, Master-Boa-7 and 63 others like this.
  7. Jaime Reyes

Jaime Reyes

Bounty Points:
    Its why I prefer Jaimebox or whatever, tends to be closer to the source then MS.

Which should come up soon.

8. Ban Midou

Ban Midou

Bounty Points:
    Lose Lips, Sinks, Ships .. Bloody Hell !!! First time, I am hearing something like that.
    And is it me or does the mother looks like Sanji . :p :p Judge has a lot to answer for !!! lol ..
    Stupid Sanji, even now he is thinking with his other head .. Moron !

ANd of course, next week is a break week !!.. Uff,.. its torture ..

9. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger

Bounty Points:
    Not a fan of Sanji this chapter, wasn't he the one crying about having no light left in the world just recently ? His acting ? Why does Oda love giving him Ls.

Keen to find out more about these new ministers, love compotes, might go out to buy some later.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  10. dirtyLarry

dirtyLarry

Bounty Points:
    Now all the setup is done, next chapter the chaos will start, I'm hyped :)

It was a very good chapter again, Big Mom is really a lunatic.

This assassination is the least professional one I've ever seen. Vito literally just informed the door that something is going on... They killed the door afterwards, but talking so open about their plan while all the BM monster are nearby is just crazy.

Mother Carmel looks a lot like Gloriosa from the women island. :camthinking:

The interaction between Pudding and Sanji (and the panels of their actual thoughts) was priceless :lmao: I can totally understand Sanji. Rationally he knows that he has to stick to his plan (and he will), but having such a gorgeous babe like Pudding in front of you makes every man having at least some perverted thoughts. But relax guys, Sanji will get the job done. :yaaa:

One more thing: Katakuri is sitting right next to Big Mom at the banquet (on the right side, too). That possibly means that he's indeed her right-hand man.

Btw: It would be nice to see a new cover-story. Those fan-made request just aren't really interesting.

edit: One thing that's very interesting is Pudding's reaction in the jaimimi translation (which is far superior than mangastream again): "What the hell is up with this perverted kappa??? NOW I really want to kill him as soon as I can."
    This leaves a lot of room for speculation. The "now" can be interpreted in a way that she actually had second thoughts about shooting him. After seeing Sanji's hilarious reaction I understand why she's furious at him :lmao:

Markorus, pavan_pk, Upscale and 15 others like this.
  11. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    http://img.**********/cdn/manga/51/4142/13.png

Pudding is evil there is no denying it.

12. Raijin

Raijin

Bounty Points:
    Big moms crew bout to catch some bodies
    [​IMG]

13. Cockycent

Cockycent

Bounty Points:
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS LMAO

14. law is a cool character

law is a cool character

Bounty Points:
    Pretty hilarious to see both Sanji and Pudding both acting, that scene was great. I'm also a little disappointed that Mother Caramel doesn't immediately strike me as someone we know from the series but she really looks like Gloriosa from the Kuji imo, could be the same person. Possibly.

I don't care for the Capone parts but it has to be done I guess. I just wish that we would have gotten more on the Big Mom pirates or more of the Sanji/Pudding interaction but the chapter was great nonetheless

M'gwara no Ruffy likes this.
  15. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Blew my fucking mind

Big Mom's tea parties are the best

so many Big Mom children

Judge, Katakuri, Big Mom, Mother Caramel's portrait and the UW guys, all sitting in the same table :eek:

#PrayForEverybody'sSurvival

[​IMG]

Masamune, SSsagemode, dgeo and 12 others like this.
  16. Treacle

Treacle Robin

Bounty Points:
    Aww, my gosh, what a cute cover! :<3:

I couldn't wait to see the BM Pirates, heck yes! Compote looks like BM, but she looks younger than Brulee. The years were not kind to poor Brulee. :( I also like the other designs, and Katakuri stands out even more now. Oven’s hair is amazing. :lmao:

Mother Carmel is an actual nun? I know @SanjiKun has made the connection with the Carmelites, but I didn’t see this coming. But with this all the theories got thrown out the window...
    Wait, did BM just CoC one of her guests?! And she was placated with gifts, of course... :shifty:

Oda does go out of his way to reinforce that Caesar is a scum. Every chapter someone points it out. :r Our heroes definitely needed the sleep, but it still seems risky to be only woken 10 minutes before the plan. One more place where it could all go awry. Capone is already fed up with the Straw Hats and takes matters into his own hands. So much for a perfect plan...

I have to be honest, Sanji’s reaction is a huge disappointment. It’s over-exaggerated to the point that it’s not even funny anymore. His expressions look dumb and it’s really hard to believe that he can still react to Pudding like that after everything that has happened. I know she looks drop-dead gorgeous and Sanji actually acts on the outside so he controls his lusting, but it’s still not what I expected. :whatever:
    Also, he hasn’t acted this stupid ever since he set foot on WCI. Who would be suspicious if he wasn’t his love cook self? He had a serious heart-to-heart with Pudding when they talked in private. He never reacted like this to Pudding in front of BM or Judge, he actually hated the idea of the wedding the whole time. It’s true that he promised Bm that he will make Pudding happy, but it was a trade: Pudding’s happiness for the Straw Hats’ lives. So shouldn’t his eagerness be more suspicious than anything?

The biggest question is how will Pudding uncover her third eye in time? Her bangs completely cover it and the veil is also in the way. I don't see how that will work out... But she seems ready and happy to kill Sanji, no surprise after how he acted.

Well, there is nothing else left. Let the wedding begin! :yaaa:

17. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    This chapter demonstrates how comically serious Katakuri is as well. He really acts like the emo son of the family, and just stoically goes with the flow.

18. Ferbert

Ferbert

Bounty Points:
    Chapter was just a bit of a bridge leading to the plan, so not much of interest there (other than Katakuri and Smoothie of course).

That being said, I think I'll wait for Jaimini's translations to come out before I make a proper judgement on it.

tyranno and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  19. Escanor

Escanor

Bounty Points:
    It seems like Sanji isn't acting...

PortgasD.Ace, Zainab, dgeo and 14 others like this.
  20. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
  21. Sanzen

Sanzen

Bounty Points:
    I think Sanji will change the plan.I think he knows what he doing.There is no way that Oda make him act like that.Well in reality when someone knows the truth behind that all situation he trying to follow the flow and then interrupt it with the most suddenly way which I believe Sanji will do it and no one else except him.