One Piece Chapter 858 : The Meeting

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by traffy_kun, Mar 9, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

192 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Epic

176 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Great

61 vote(s)
    13.1%
  4. Good

25 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Meh

12 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. traffy_kun

traffy_kun

Bounty Points:
    OnePieceChapter858.png

One Piece Chapter 858
    Title: The Meeting

READ ONE PIECE CHAPTER 858 ONLINE

Mangastream | Jaiminisbox

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as
    "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the OJ community!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Once again Oda delivers with another amazing hype chapter...

The Kingdom of Elbaf, if the strongest Country in the World? My inner Usopp fanboy is going absolutely nuts right now.... I expect a massive character development for Usopp when the Elbaf arc comes around.... The Hype for the Country of Viking giants is just too strong.... I called it way back during the 847 spoiler thread, that it was either going to be the leader of Elbaf, or his son who proposed to Lola, and I was right on the money...

https://orojackson.com/threads/one-piece-chapter-847-spoilers.32690/page-31#post-1938696

Usopp! Your dreams of becoming a brave warrior of the Sea, just got hyped up beyond imagination... Your Arc is going to involve the strongest Country in the World!!! My man!!

I really like how Oda used Capone not wanting to meet with "Dirty people" as a means to clean up the Straw Hats, after all they did on WCI, so far... He is a master of incorporating plot elements into the story, to explain things.... He really takes his time, and makes sure there is an explanation for everything....

Straw Hats in mafia attire? Plus fuck ten for Oda... I have been waiting for him to put this in the Manga ever since Strong World... WCI, is just one massive hype chapter after another... And even though I didn't see it at first, other called it... Caesar is in the building, as a Mafiosi... So to those of you, who like me, didn't think it was Caesar... I made this meme...

[​IMG]

I have a feeling that next week, we are going to jump right into the start of the Tea Party, and then later on in the Arc we will get a flashback of this "Perfect Plan" that will be carried out... Much like in the fashion of how Jinbei and the Straw Hats made a plan on Fishman Island, and then we got a flashback of it, midway through the chaos the Straw Hats were creating....

Once again, for a hype chapter, I give this the highest rating, and can't wait for next week, when the major festivities, and end Arc Epicness will begin! :D

4. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    What a mind blowing chapter
    StrawHats in mafia cloths, it's so cool ... Ceasar is so fabulous
    Dammit Oda, high quality fan service in so many pages :nosebleed:
    Elbaf Hype, Tea Party hype
    Oda really delivered :yaaa:

5. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    So, Big Mom beat Chiffon, which is why she has no love for her. If I couldn't hate this woman anymore, she just pushed up the limit. Judge was bad enough of an abusive parent, but Big Mom is trying to take his spot. :rage:

6. Kyutie Mo

Kyutie Mo

Bounty Points:
    The head chef look like he just finish a long battle in the kitchen and has won.lol

7. Patryipe

Patryipe

Bounty Points:
    Good info about BM-Elbaf-Giants as many had speculated. Not much else, but it's OK. I assume next week there's another slow chapter, then break, then we finally enter the tea party.

CandiCookie likes this.
  8. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    Let me guess, Gastino for Nakama

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  9. Den_Den_Mushi

Den_Den_Mushi Robin

Bounty Points:
    The list of terrible things Big Mom has done just continues to pile up. First killing her own son on one of her rampages, then abusing Chiffon because she reminded her of Lola. No wonder her kids lie to her and Chiffon and Praline are even conspiring to kill her. That's karma for you :cigar:

Whitebeard was considered a legend because he was beloved by his sons and never betrayed his allies. None of this backstabbing crap that Linlin keeps trying to pull on the giants and on Germa. Sorry Mama but that's why you never could surpass your old rival and become PK, not because Lola wouldn't marry Loki ;)

On a side note Luffy and co look awesome in gangster themed outfits. Especially Nami. :<3:

10. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    I am also happy that Chiffon and Lola had a great relationship with each other, because it's great to see some sisterly relationships. I also love how she still cares about her sis, even after she ran away. I also wonder if she knows how her father is doing, and if he knows about how abusive Big Mom has been to her in the past.

11. Kyutie Mo

Kyutie Mo

Bounty Points:
    Big mom also had a long conflict with Giants for some reason.

12. D. Shanks

D. Shanks

Bounty Points:
    This is shaping up to be epic!!
    Also that mafia style meeting is just awesome :D

[​IMG]

Luffy Nami and Chopper sitting on the boss end of the table :smuggrin:

13. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    We can add Praline to the list of children who wants to see Big Mom's downfall... But don't worry.... Her Children all love her... That reasonable, kind hearted Big Mom! She just spreads joy and happiness to everyone!!! :<3::rolleyes:

14. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    Sorry, even though people will focus on the fanservice in that bath scene, I think the revelation that Big Mom beat her is really chilling. No, Big Mom is just pure evil, and I want to see her fall down hard.

15. slazer77

slazer77

Bounty Points:
    I love that milk is what bring Luffy's missing tooth after all these chapters. Brook seriously is an inspiration for us all! But seriously, Luffy looked really weird without his tooth.

Also I've said it before and I'll say it again, Caesar is dead set one of the funniest characters in all of One Piece. Sorry, I should say Gangster Gastino, Bege's sworn brother.

I think the Giant revelation was fairly obvious but it was really interesting to hear that Big Mom beats Chiffon just because of her resemblance to Lola. That's some nasty shit right there. All in all it was an interesting chapter but I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of plan Bege has up his sleeve.

16. Den_Den_Mushi

Den_Den_Mushi Robin

Bounty Points:
    I have a theory that Chopper is on the boss end because he made Carrot call him 'Bropper' (アニキ or something) which is a very Yakuza style of referring to more senior members within the gang. :cigar:

Gumshoe, tentamon, Okinami and 33 others like this.
  17. Kikodg78

Kikodg78

Bounty Points:
    This chapter was another great hype chapter had me smiling throughout the whole thing.

First off with all that backstory about Lola and the giants we finally got a clearer understanding why Big Mam hates her so much, why there are no giants, and finally why Lola would ever say they should go in the first place. Turns out she's just an airhead like Luffy:rofl:.

But all that Elbaf information was really interesting, especially the princes name being Loki, just confirms once again that Elbaf will be heavily Norse inspired and that we will more than likely see a Thor brother to Loki and the King of Elbaf will more than likely be Odin as well. Great world building and hype for Elbaf for sure:cigar:

After all the Nami and Carrot cuteness in the bath, and might I add major hints for Carrot joining with her constantly thinking about how big and cool the ocean is, we got this master piece of a shot.
    https://***************/reader/content/comics/one-piece-2_58650da78040f/858-0-the-meeting_58c11380a64e0/15-16s.png

All the Straw Hats couldn't look more badass if Oda tried:cool:. Pedro in that top hat and suit, Nami looking gorgeous with her hair up, Brooke with that suit and vest combo, and finally Luffy looking like Strong World all over again, I approve:cigar:.

But the best part of this chapter by far was the introduction of the gangsta Gastino. I never really liked Caesar but I have to admit that he had me dying in this chapter with his antics:lmao:. Him, Luffy and Capone finally being able to come to an agreement thanks to Jinbei though has me so hype and I can't wait for next chapter to get the plan all laid out hopefully. All in all solid 4.5/5 hype chapter for me:yaaa:

Pnormanjr39, F.E.A.R., East and 31 others like this.
  18. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Gangster GASTINO for PK :yaaa:

Sawyer, F.E.A.R., Zainab and 25 others like this.
  19. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    I can't believe that I thought Big Mom could be good. She is pure evil.

CandiCookie, Zainab, Lawlord and 17 others like this.
  20. Bador

Bador

Bounty Points:
    wasted too many pages for stupid fanservice. but the thingy with the giants was interesting. a little dragged out, but ok.
    and the last part with "punching you for shooting pekoms" was rushed as hell.
    Great. drawn out the boring part. rushed the interesting part.
    6/10 chapter

ETrap likes this.
  21. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

I'm a hypebeast when it comes to Elbaf, that's the one arc I'm dying for, I'm ready for it - me and Usopp both. The strongest kingdom ? Loki ? Oh God the hype... It's time for the long awaited return of Broggy and Dorry, Oda !!!

So it was Caesar after all, looked too gangster to be perfectly sure. Dissapointed if he's now permanently under Capone, he's someone I would have love as part of the crew to create a fresh and more unique dynamic. Every reader loves Caesar really, some are just being tsundere about it.

Great chapter, with some Epic info drop on Elbalf. Everything else was good too, lol.