One Piece Chapter 856: Liar

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by Mr. Kishido, Feb 16, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

98 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Epic

153 vote(s)
    34.9%
  3. Great

106 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. Good

51 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Meh

31 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    I agree.

Literally if they are even remotely as strong and powerful as they are said to be, they should at least have some sort of plan.

Judge is incredibly smart and was working with Vegapunk. I doubt he would just blindly follow someone as deranged as Big Mom's orders and not question if there might be a hidden plot.

Gonzo, YoungCoby, Sir Xu and 6 others like this.
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. dar

dar

Bounty Points:
    "D" brings the StorM!!!

4. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Oh man, what a chapter^^
    Chopper crying about Luffy and Sanji fighting...reminds me of his reaction when Usopp and Luffy fought, poor Chopper T-T
    That bar scene...The Vinsmokes can't get drunk I knew it^^ Maybe there really was something in their drinks, the bar maids all passed out.
    And finally...the reunion. Luffy punching Sanji, that was damn nice. I guess Sanji needed it^^

5. Den_Den_Mushi

Den_Den_Mushi

Bounty Points:
    The best explanation I can try to come up with is based on the notion of filial piety. Loyalty to one's family is absolutely huge in Asian cultures, and I can't stress it enough. Oda couldn't make Sanji kill his family no matter what, it would be received very poorly in his country.

This arc seems to ultimately be about family, and the different types of bonds you can have with them. Sanji's biological family except Reiju are awful to him, however he has two surrogate families in the form of the Straw Hats and Baratie crew. On the other hand the Charlotte family is huge and extremely dysfunctional, but the siblings do seem to care about each other as shown when Muscat died and when they thought Nami and Luffy might have killed Lola. Pudding may well have erased her sister's memories so she could live happily without being afraid of BM's hatred.

In the end I think Sanji's decision to save his family might have something to do with Sola. Even though she didn't succeed, she gave her life for the other Vinsmoke brothers too. That's just my take on it though. :camthinking:

6. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    The thing is he's a smug bastard who underestimates other people's intelligence. Just because you are scientifically intelligent, doesn't mean you can't fall for a trap by people you are going into an alliance with. Judge knows Big Mom's crazy, but he also doesn't think she is cunning which is his big mistake.

Topi Jerami and tyranno like this.
  7. Gin-San

Gin-San

Bounty Points:
    Forgot I would rate this chapter a Good Plus / Great Minus

8. Dave

Dave Robin

Bounty Points:
    https://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/4033/06.png
    yep still want these guys to die :shifty:
    and this is why we love luffy:<3: bring it on :cigar:
    https://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/4033/17.png
    wat a emotional panel this cant wait for it to be animated ;(;(
    https://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/4033/16.png
    really nice chapter loved it [:3]

9. Kappa King

Kappa King

Bounty Points:
    I believe Judge will have it the worst with Big Mom too. The siblings will be hugely devastated but I think Reiju will be the one who makes the biggest benefit from this ordeal. (Made a prediction tgat after judge's fall, Reiji will be the one who takes over Germa 66 as leader).

minions and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  10. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    You called it man. :yaaa:

Too badass to get drunk!

xdz, Flower, minions and 1 other person like this.
  11. cryhwks

cryhwks

Bounty Points:
    I love Luffy. For everyone else it's very complicated. But for Luffy it's very simple. Let's just kick everyone's butts and be on with our day.

Flower and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  12. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    You'd think after two years Sanji would be able to handle situations more better especially after seeing what Robin had to go through. I'd have preferred if he was more calm in this chapter, saying his apology and then getting to grips that he has a plan to overcome the wedding.

13. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    It's family piety, but it's also the fact that when he saves their asses that they owe him big time. It's a bruise to their egos that the one they are deeming a dud and a failure is the one who is actually going to save their sorry behinds from their dumb mistake. Yeah, they are biologically related, but emotionally wise they are dead to each other. It's also why he would be honoring the teachings of his true father, Zeff, who thought him to be a true man unlike Judge.

JioFreed and Den_Den_Mushi like this.
  14. Kabman

Kabman

Bounty Points:
    No way this arc ends this year.So many characters yet to be introduced,pudding backstory and its not even the wedding yet.

15. Boyoyong

Boyoyong

Bounty Points:
    Nami's is really making the Vinsmoke Blood Boil...:rolleyes::<3: She is going to get some Berserk treatment if they manage to capture her..:nosebleed:

[​IMG]

16. Dave

Dave Robin

Bounty Points:
    i hope they get late to party and mean while judge is dead :shifty:

tyranno, Jaime Reyes and Kappa King like this.
  17. AD07

AD07

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, i think you are right, it might be Oda playing trick on us, or maybe not. :lol: it's tough to guess what Oda thinks. :lmao:

YoungCoby and Treacle like this.
  18. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    I think Judge is fully aware of how crazy and powerful she is.

He might just be hiding it because the homies are everywhere.

Flower, minions and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  19. Maxpower818

Maxpower818

Bounty Points:
    Hope to see what Zoro is up to sometime soon. He's probably beasting it up. Taking out fodder samurai and uniting multiple clans. All bad ass and such.

Noiriel likes this.
  20. superboted

superboted

Bounty Points:
    Finally bege making his moves for sure hes going to collude with Luffy in this. But im kinda lost between Pedro's panel, i dont understand whether he and Jimbei knew about Bege's ploy all along. kinda knew that those sharks were a ally of Jimbei and Pekoms would be safe. This pretty much confirms that even her Big Mom's Daughter feels oppressed against her and together with Bege trying to take over Big Mom. LOL im fucking excited

21. NakedPanda

NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    Damn I normally dont like so much these touchy chapters but this was so well made and the words were picked so f*cking awesome.

I love Sanji's expressions when he got hit by Luffy and the states that he goes through - angry, even more angry, memories, all touchy.

I also loved that for first time this ark Sanji is actually not hiding his emotions in front of people and suffer on its own but opens up to Luffy. Because every time until now he was all alone in these hard moments. Plus the way it is presented saying "I want to go HOME to Sunny" was awesome and strengthen the idea of the family.

Him wanting to save Vinsmokes was obvious for me long time ago and I have predicted that in my theory of the Sanji's evolution and his new powers. Feels good :D (https://orojackson.com/one-piece-th...-the-master-of-4th-state-of-mater-plasma.684/ if someone is interested :D
    But the way that was presented is awesome as well, him saying somethink like "I want to be that cold blooded idiot and have the strength to leave them die but I cant" and then Luffy's response "thats just you, isnt it?" was perfect to show that all these emotional moments and crying is just part of Sanji and thats why everybody in SH likes him - another of the Luffy's great characteristics "I like you for who you are, just be your self and we will be there for you"
    I love the presentation of the reunion!!!!

Jimbei saving Pekoms was another thing that I predicted. Damn it feels good when your predictions are coming true :D but the strange thing is that Jimbei said "If WE havent noticed this he would have been dead" who are "WE"??? Are the Sun pirates somewhere close???

The three shadows - one seems pretty big, one small and one normal size
    Big: Urouge / Normal size: Kid / Small: Capone??? they have invaded BM territory before but were defeated. Are they back for revenge now when Capone is their inside man? Plus the shadows pretty much reminds of their way of dressing. And Bobbin saying "those bastards" means he knows them and he knows them from the first time they invaded BM territory.

tyranno and jazzyjoy92 like this.