One Piece Chapter 856: Liar

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by Mr. Kishido, Feb 16, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

98 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Epic

153 vote(s)
    34.9%
  3. Great

106 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. Good

51 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Meh

31 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    OnePieceChapter856.png

One Piece Chapter 856
    Title: Liar

READ ONE PIECE CHAPTER 856 ONLINE

KissManga | MangaStream

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 856 QUICK SUMMARY
    A weird dude was found sleeping in Sanji's bed, surrounded by a talking mirror that couldn't recognize him.
    Nami was found thinking.
    Chopper was found crying.
    Carrot was found to be shocked.
    But Jinbei, mah MAN JINBEI cannot be shaken.
    Exciting developments! We hear of a certain devious plot....AAAAAAAAAAAND WE CUT AWAY.
    Meanwhile in Sweet City, a barking dog apparently drowns out a fucking gunshot. A fucking. Gunshot.
    A judge and a few girls have a number of drinks. The girls were found unconscious as the numbers asked for another girl instead.
    Yonji joins in on the world-conquerors celebration. We would to remind everyone that this would-be world conqueror got his ass beat by a "Failure".
    A door makes an incredibly lewd face. What does that door wanna do to the Vinsmokes?
    Exclusive pictures of Judge in his sleep reveal that he is in fact Kaido.

BREAKING NEWS! Gambia's grandmother makes an appearance on Whole Cake Island's Sweet City. The multipurpose grandmother arrived in order to sample Sanji's bento.

What...that's not Gambia's grandmother?...But it looks just like her...That can't be Luffy, he's not shouting his ass off...

Ahem...anyway. Wha...how did Gambia's grandmother turn into Luffy after eating one Bento? What the fuck is in that bento? Give some to Dadan's wrinkled ass, she might become Vivi.

Sanji uses gestures to make his point...to a man standing behind him and who can't see the gestures. Reason 1, 2, 3? Sanji, you could be stroking a kitten and he wouldn't know.

Ya...No...this dude's shouting...Gambia's grandmother my foot, it was always Luffy.

When Luffy asked Robin what she wanted, she said, "I want to live". Sanji just said "I want my shitty abusive family to live."

Summary by @Takt

BREAK NEXT WEEK

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as
    "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the OJ community!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. D Sanji

D Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Oh yes I'm the first to reply
    Great chapter..... Sanji's back:D

What happened to pekoms :eek:

Bobbin hype ended :(

Luffy and Sanji best friends again :D

Sanji wants to save vinsmokes, boy don't you learn:faceplam:

Luffy and Sanji gonna wreck havoc:rofl:

Gonzo, 7D9, CandiCookie and 25 others like this.
  4. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    A mind blowing Chapter, and a huge blow right to the feels ;( I need tissues ;(

Luffy and Sanji finally reconciling ;( then Luffy finally eats ;(

Luffy the best psychologist in the world fixes things with one Punch, he's got experience.. Luffy the new One Punch Man confirmed :lmao:

Sanji decided to save his family ;(

Luffy says the tea party shall be fucking ruined, LET'S GO :punch:

Gonzo, CandiCookie, Gumshoe and 41 others like this.
  5. Den_Den_Mushi

Den_Den_Mushi

Bounty Points:
    Oh wow. The Sanji/Luffy scene and the parallels with Sola. He even messed up the bento just like he did with her ;(

Also Mangastream screwed up the translation. Honshin (本心, word Luffy used) means 'true feelings' not 'the truth'. It's a beautiful word and has the kanji for 'true' and 'heart'. Can't believe they lessened the emotional impact like that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  6. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    So amped that Luffy has decided they are going to stay and fuck up the ceremony..... Big Mom's downfall (Or a least a damn skirmish with her and Luffy, so we can see the full might of a Yonko) is looking more and more likely as the chapters go by..... Straw Hats are staying, and it seems Capone is making his move...... I knew Oda wasn't going to let us down, and just have them snatch Sanji and run....

It seems like Jinbei found out from Pekom's that Capone is plotting something.... So Big Mom is plotting against the Vinsmokes.... Capone is plotting against Big Mom.... And Luffy just wants to fuck shit up so Sanji can come back to the crew....

Also, it is interesting to note, that it seems that you can actually "kill" the homies... King Baum, and all the Peacekeepers are still in the same spot they were destroyed in..... It makes you wonder though... After you "kill" them, does the souls that were placed inside them go back to the original owner of the soul, or does that part of the person's soul, actually die...

Also, fair warning to anyone before they read this chapter...

[​IMG]

KakumeikaPeri, Gonzo, Reniki and 39 others like this.
  7. ShooterAli

ShooterAli

Bounty Points:
    get bitch slap from Luffy will get you back to the right path xD

8. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    I love the Vinsmokes panel and those barmaids XD

lmao Judge and Yonji drinking from fucking barrels :eek:

OMG Yonji has alchohol problems just like Zoro :eek:

Gonzo, Reniki, Mr. Vinsmoke and 17 others like this.
  9. Soviola93

Soviola93

Bounty Points:
    Rest in peace bobbin, son of crappin, fixer of my ars. Teach the angels how to overhype bounties:hides:

Gonzo, Reniki, Aloe Vera and 18 others like this.
  10. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Fuck man........ya boi got hit in the feels with this one

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    The Vinsmoke are thinking about Nami swaan :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

12. dizzy2341

dizzy2341

Bounty Points:
    I don't get why Oda drew the people who shot Bobbin so shadowy. He knows everyone is gonna think it is Capone anyway so if it really was Capone why wouldn't he just show him?

I reckon it could be someone who is coming for the tea party.

Oda just can't stop giving Bobbin L's though, damn.

What did he do to deserve all of this?

Gonzo, Reniki, dgeo and 18 others like this.
  13. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    I refuse to believe though that the Vinsmokes are this naive to what is happening right now. Judge is one of the smartest people in the world and I can't see him falling to something this. If you are on a yonko's territory you can't afford to be this naive and just wide open. They are even aware of how pirates play so I do think that they have something that is going to shock most people at the wedding.

Also, with this scene right here, [​IMG] Judge's eyebrows are being shaded out for some reason.......pretty sure it's because him and Sanji have the eyebrows going in the same direction.

tentamon, JDizzy31, Gonzo and 49 others like this.
  14. Jakubi

Jakubi

Bounty Points:
    Luffy's smile at end:<3:damn ninjas cutting onions
    I've missed this, but who shot Bobbin? Three black silhouttes walking away, Capone? Pudding?
    Good to hear Pekoms is alive
    No Katakuri:unsure:

Reniki, Hakuba, dgeo and 6 others like this.
  15. minions

minions

Bounty Points:
    Finally we´ll have the crew together, now we´ll see Sanji and Luffy destroy the weadding

Gonzo, Reniki, Raistlin and 3 others like this.
  16. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    The art in this chapter is sooo beautiful :eek:

I though just about Nami's panel, and Judge getting a badass drawing

now even Sanji :eek: Oda fucking delivered in this chapter wooow , I love it

Gonzo, Reniki, Hakuba and 16 others like this.
  17. ely

ely

Bounty Points:
    No wonder why Sanji hates Zoro,, his family can be Zoro's drinking buddies!!!

Wonder who are Capone's back-up

18. Coquet

Coquet

Bounty Points:
    Pekomamushi is alive ! :D

19. oneparkman

oneparkman

Bounty Points:
    This is the chapter that makes me want to stop reading the spoilers. The spoilers made it look so much like the Robin moment and the difference for me is day and night when compared to the actual release. Also for some reason Luffy seemed a lot bossy in spoiler and here it just feels like the usual him.. Kinda feel bad for judging the chapter so early..

So the Vinsmokes seem to be totally unaware of what's going on around them? I expected them to be planning something of their own, but they are partying hard. I just can't hate these guys.. The more they point out Sanji as a failure the more i know the scene is coming where he will be the one saving their asses. Also can we stop disrespecting King Baum's corpse? It's already cut in half.

20. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    It's no wonder Sanji quarrels with Zoro.

God_Usopun, JDizzy31, Reniki and 7 others like this.
  21. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger

Bounty Points:
    Raindrop, drop top (drop top !)
    Bege smoking on the hot stuff (HOT)
    Smokin' down Bobbin he got shot shot shot

[​IMG]

Damn right I was going to meme this epic L.

A Firetank takeover of this arc would be good, the Capone plotline seems to be one of the few that hasn't been solved
    in a few pages and might be the most suspenful and intriguiging thing going on this arc now.

Gonna put the fanboy to the side and get critical here. The one thing Bobbin managed to do this arc, was take any hype the BM pirates had left down with him bar the Sweet Commanders. These 3 carry the crew at the moment.

I'm questioning what Oda's doing here with the Vinsmoke, the premise of Sanji's story arc here at WCI seemed to revolve
    around him confronting and overcoming his past/family. These guys are irredeemable by nature, they're killers and
    they've broken all of Sanji's taboos, I don't see why Oda would characterise them as villains to that extent if it wasn't
    to have Sanji confront them a final time to give out due retribution and finally put his childhood behind him for good. I'm
    scared that Oda will now pull a 180 and actually try to redeem them and have them talk out their differences, which after
    the characterisation they received + that flashback... is the weaker narrative.

The Sanji "I want to live moment"really had no impact on me, this is classic Oda I'm not sure how many times we've seen
    this exact same scene played out. Sanji's decision to suicide after the Reiju speech still makes no sense to me whatsoever. I would have preferred a toned down apology from Sanji, with him calmly explaining to Luffy that he wants help saving the Vinsmoke and Luffy grinning and telling him that his nakama will help him shut down the tea party . It would have juxtaposed their very violent first encounter earlier this arc, quite nicely.

Overall the chapter was pretty good. Hope we come back stronger after the break.

tentamon, Gonzo, CandiCookie and 45 others like this.