Spoilers One Piece Chapter 740 [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Manga Spoilers' started by Divvens, Mar 4, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphipjorge

hiphipjorge

Bounty Points:
    I just feel like Doflamingo is a very prepared guy. Maybe he wouldn't write down all the fodder Sugar's changed into toys but for influential characters like Elizabello, or Sai/Boo he could just write basic stuff like "Elizabello II, King of Prodence Kingdom" or whatever, so he could take advantage of their disappearance.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Hasashi likes this.
  2. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    haha was about to add some:
    actually if they held an archive with essential background of every participant (Doflamingo ''invited'') to the tournament, a kind of systematic approach --> they could somehow do that.
    But it's information that's hard to use (cause it's hard to predict what the consequences of their / influential people's dissapearences are in the first place)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  3. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Well they already have name and such of every participant, but I think Doflamingo doesn't care as long as he gets toys to work for him for free, so I don't think there are any "records" maintained or such.

4. Dragon

Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Not sure if anyone posted this

[​IMG]

5. Enies

Enies

Bounty Points:
  6. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    All legit/confirmed spoiler information is always on the first post :)

CliffLoire likes this.
  7. Kadis

Kadis

Bounty Points:
    The spoilers so far seem really interesting, cannot wait for the detailed summary.

DoFlamingoDaCannibal likes this.
  8. CliffLoire

CliffLoire

Bounty Points:
    full script soon... so be prepare...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    barto, Recoilation and Frosch like this.
  9. ayepuzzt

ayepuzzt

Bounty Points:
    yeahhh,, gladius kakkoii :yaaa:

10. CliffLoire

CliffLoire

Bounty Points:
    From Aohige

coverart is Chopper dancing hula with squirrel and an ape

Part 1

Luffy and Violet runs through the B1F of the palace.
    The walls are constantly shifting, and every way is a deadend, thanks to Pica's ability.
    Violet worries about Zoro they left behind, but Luffy says he'll be alright no matter what

Zoro vs Pica
    Pica is no longer shape of a man, he's stretched across from wall to wall, with a face in the middle.
    Zoro has no idea how to end this fight, every cut he makes seems to have no effect on Pica.
    (Very logia-like)

Meanwhile in 1F, the toy soldier, Kabu, and Rambo make their way through, but Gladius stands in their way.
    Kabu and Rambo decides to attack him from two opposite sides to buy the soldier time to run, but Gladius easily catches the two Tontattas.
    His arms blow up big like baloon, then explodes, knocking out both Tontattas.
    Gladius is a Pam Pam fruit user, and is a Puncture man.
    (this will be tricky to translate, "punc" in Japanese is short for tire punctures, but it's not the English word puncture... it means inflated to the point of bursting. So more accurately he's a bursting-man)
    He can inflate any non-organic substance and explode it.

So he's basically DIG DUG MAN

He grabs the toy soldier and inflates his head big. Right as it's about to burst, Luffy arrives and Jet stamps Gladius away.
    Gladius is pissed seeing Violet with the Strawhat, he cannot forgive traitors.
    Although she insists she's not a traitor, as she was never aligned with them in the first place.

She runs with Luffy, as they have no time to deal with Gladius.
    Gladius blows up his helmet, sending shards at the two, and injuring Violet.
    Luffy decides to make a shortcut, and carries both the soldier and Violet and jumps out of the window, using his rubber ability to head straight for the destination.

As Gladius wonders where they dissipated off to, Doflamingo appears.

Uh, no wait.

Donquixote Doflaemon appears.
    The strangely samurai Dofla tells Gladius he'll leave this up to him and head to the underground for Kanjurou
    Gladius tells Doflaemon the samurai dissappeared at the Scrapyard, to Doflaemon's surprise.

(Doflaemon does a great job looking like Dofla to be honest lol)

Meanwhile outside the Suit room, Luffy and co are listening to the conversation in the room.
    Luffy wants to bust in and fight, but Violet insists on staying with the soldier's plan

Dofla is interrogating Law, very annoyed about being ignorant of what's going on.
    Law's plan should have been just the factory... so how does the Tontatta fit in? How is it that Strawhats are working with them?
    How did they get into the underground? Why are they after Sugar? If this isn't coincidences, that means they know the darkness at the center of this country...
    Baby 5 hits Law, demanding him to answer Dofla's questions. Law glares back at her menacingly, which sends her crying to Buffalo
    Law has no idea what Dofla is saying, and tells him the alliance with Straw Hats are over with.
    Dofla asks King Riku if he knows anything, to which the king remains silent.

The toy soldier is glad to see his king alive, remembers when he was recruited by the king when he was Kyros.
    He vows to save him. He wonders what's taking Leo so long, the moment the toys turn human is the perfect time to strike Dofla.
    Leo and Usoland are his only hope!

Luffy: Can I go in now?
    Violet: NO!!
    As Gladius wonders where they dissipated off to, Doflamingo appears.

Uh, no wait.

Donquixote Doflaemon appears.
    The strangely samurai Dofla tells Gladius he'll leave this up to him and head to the underground for Kanjurou
    Gladius tells Doflaemon the samurai dissappeared at the Scrapyard, to Doflaemon's surprise.

(Doflaemon does a great job looking like Dofla to be honest lol)

Meanwhile outside the Suit room, Luffy and co are listening to the conversation in the room.
    Luffy wants to bust in and fight, but Violet insists on staying with the soldier's plan

Dofla is interrogating Law, very annoyed about being ignorant of what's going on.
    Law's plan should have been just the factory... so how does the Tontatta fit in? How is it that Strawhats are working with them?
    How did they get into the underground? Why are they after Sugar? If this isn't coincidences, that means they know the darkness at the center of this country...
    Baby 5 hits Law, demanding him to answer Dofla's questions. Law glares back at her menacingly, which sends her crying to Buffalo
    Law has no idea what Dofla is saying, and tells him the alliance with Straw Hats are over with.
    Dofla asks King Riku if he knows anything, to which the king remains silent.

The toy soldier is glad to see his king alive, remembers when he was recruited by the king when he was Kyros.
    He vows to save him. He wonders what's taking Leo so long, the moment the toys turn human is the perfect time to strike Dofla.
    Leo and Usoland are his only hope!

Luffy: Can I go in now?
    Violet: NO!!

There's no where to run Franky, give yourself in! Shouts the marine.
    Franky tells him he's going to rampage here for absolutely no reason.

In truth, Franky knows going to the factory right now while marines are on his tail would hinder the plan.
    He decides to fight them here, and leave it all up to Usopp.

Meanwhile, Robin has turned into a toy doll.
    She tried to throw the Tatababasco into Sugar's mouth using the Hana Hana ability, but Sugar grabbed Robin's clone arm and turned her into a toy. She wonders where Usopp is, he is their only hope left.

The Tontattas are all defeated by Sugar and Trebol. Sugar wonders if the grape they kept trying to force into her mouth is a poison.
    Leo is down on the ground, beaten, and remembers what Usopp said about saving them. He leaves it all up to Usopp.

While everyone's counting on Usopp....
    Usopp runs from the scene, vowing to never forget Tontatta's bravery and one day he'll write a picture book about them.
    But he can't die here now over a lie of being a hero. Besides, it's Franky fault, why isn't he here!?

Usopp the coward runs away...
    (Editor note: Don't run, Usopp!!)

End of Chapter

Divvens, Frosch, Takt and 4 others like this.
  11. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    Looks like an awesome chapter, except that god damn ending. Fuck.

12. CliffLoire

CliffLoire

Bounty Points:
    Dunno but I guess it's kinda natural for me that Ussopp still a coward? well nobody can't change their habbit so fast rite?

So it's kinda strange for everyone babgling about Ussopp that being coward hahaha...

It's kinda not fun if hes change past this 2 years... at least Ussopp still Ussopp...

Hope Sogeking Strikes again this time...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 5, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 5, 2014 ---
    Japanese Raw by Kaze ~> http://imgur.com/a/e0nv5#0

kdom, Recoilation and bigbadplayah like this.
  13. Takt

Takt Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    @Divvens I may have to reconsider what I said about Chopper on the pod.
    Even by Usopp standards this is too much. This is too idiotic and too cowardly. Now we'll get the same nonsense followup chapters where Usopp will find his motivation (que the emotional flashbacks with how much the dwarfs look up to him) and make a come back.

It's been rehashed before and is no longer funny, it's boring, infuriating and irritating all at the same time.

14. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    Like, never before has Usopp really frustrated me. Even in PH/FI if he had a panel like this, it was fine - and this was after the timeskip.

In Dressrosa though, he's had so many panels on him and all of them are him being completely whiny. You have to understand too, this is some serious shit going on. He is screwing over so many people simply because of how he is. He forced the Tontattas to charge, forced Robin to change plans and get turned into a toy, is inhibiting Toy Soldier's transformation and also stopping every toy everywhere from returning to normal and revolting, whilst he has not done a thing. Also, Franky is fighting whilst believing in him. If a bunch of Toys get turned into humans with the marines around to see, that would help Franky out too.

This isn't child's play any more at all. It fits his character, but it doesn't mean I enjoy it. I'm not going to enjoy him, UNLESS there is a bigger payoff than usual. Think an Enies Lobby badass Sogeking payoff. If he's able to screw with Trebol and Sugar in a future chapter on his own (which considering strength, would be amazing) and giving him a big moment, then i'll understand.

This much emphasis on his cowardice to simply do something minimal is a waste. The panel time could have been used on Robin more than him, but he's got the focus. I do still trust that Oda will bring this full circle, and maybe we are meant to be annoyed. I'm just not going to haha laugh at his character when everyone else is screwed over by his actions.
    All that aside, I still like Usopp, and the rest of the chapter looks awesomeeeee. Palace progression for the win~

Gintoki, Frosch, Takt and 1 other person like this.
  15. CliffLoire

CliffLoire

Bounty Points:
    So what do you expect from a coward sir? everything kinda strange if he rush and attack Sugar or Trebol rite now. For a coward their priority is stay save no matter what happens to their comrade rite? ya stay save and leave them behind.

16. barto

barto

Bounty Points:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: can't wait for the next chapter...... i know Ussop will strike back ^______^

17. CliffLoire

CliffLoire

Bounty Points:
    Ya that why the chapter named "It's up to you"

18. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    I'm easily pleased and enjoy nearly everything OP throws at me, but this is annoying and no justification will stop it from annoying me ;_:. I'm just hoping he beasts it up soon, that's all.

xD

Gintoki, Takt, Dango and 2 others like this.
  19. CliffLoire

CliffLoire

Bounty Points:
    From I see at page 18, they didn't catch Robin. But the effect of Sugar ability affect her. And yeah no contract for Robin so far and I guess everyone forget about Robin rite? And wtf with Robin toy body.

Frosch and Recoilation like this.
  20. kdom

kdom

Bounty Points:
    Even if we know that Usopp will make a come back, I wonder if all the "hate" there have been over his character lately will let some trace and if Oda is aware of how readers have received these chapters.
    Lol I didn't understood Doflaemon meaned kinemon ! It's only when I saw Wicca that I got it. Great disguise man !!!

Takt, CliffLoire and Recoilation like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice