Spoilers One Piece Chapter 729 [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Manga Spoilers' started by Divvens, Nov 19, 2013.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    This is pointless because you're lacking serious details on the fighting details in One Piece. You've made that clear due to the things you've just said.

Death72 likes this.
  2. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I think just by defeating Law, Doflamingo has show how big of a threat he is.

Dellinger is not Sabo, just no :p

I think Doflamingo will never see Bellamy as anything other than an eyesore, however hard Bellamy tries... it's sad but damn. Even Baby 5 has more respect in Doflamingo's mind than Bellamy.

Law being shot in front of Luffy really add's a lot, while translating I noticed, the events go like this
    > Law was fighting Doflamingo, things weren't going so well. But Law said that whatever happens he trusts "Mugi-Ya"
    > As their fight progressed somehow Law and Doflamingo ended up outside the Colosseum, mostly due to Law's ability and Doflamingo chased I guess.
    > Law went there because he trusted Luffy and Co. would do something to help him out.

It is clear that Luffy is to lead this generation, he is above Law and Kid and the likes. But you are right, just because Law lost many will now presume Luffy will lose/won't be able to fight Doflamingo. But we know Luffy is different, he's the man who is gonna become the pirate king!

Haha, that is an epic way to put it xD
    Mwhahahaha, take that you Law fanboy! :D Don't ram your head too hard, I need you conscious for seeing this :p

I just hate Law coz we was overhyped the whole time till now, like come on. A marine who invested 15+ years (Vergo) was defeated in a slash, a single slash, that's just to hype the character xD Now with his defeat, it'll get him back to earth. There were some Law fans who thought Law could easily defeat Doflamingo, he was that hyped around.

I think the gun thing isn't Doflamingo's style, but if the bullets are sea stone special ones, Law can't use his ability, maybe that was Doflamingo's motive in shooting Law.

Doflamingo is clearly scared of Kaido, and I don't think Doflamingo was looking to become a Yonko, his motives are something different and something to do within Dressrosa.
    Ah damn, I kinda did expect it, and I guess Christmas/December will have a Jump break also. So that means 2 breaks in December.

I agree with @MDN here, if Jesus Burgess is defeated, it would just mean that the Strawhats can be compared to Yonko, which isn't the right time yet.

Luffy can damage Burgess, it's not like he will get instantly defeated, but Zoro or Sanji or any other Strawhat doing anything to Burgess is us overestimating the potential of the Strawhats. Would you say that Luffy can defeat Ben Beckman? Do you say that Luffy can defeat Marco? Nope, Luffy isn't at that level yet. Luffy cannot stand his own ground and dictate a battle against Kizaru or a Marine Admiral. He is still to reach that point, and the commanders of Yonko's have been shown to be of Admiral level. Ace could hold his ground against Aokiji, Marco could hold his ground against Kizaru.

Let's not forget that Blackbeard Pirates grew a lot in the two years, he took over Whitebeard's territory and became a Yonko. Apart from Blackbeard, his main crew is going to be really strong. Burgess cannot be defeated that easily, especially at least not by Zoro. That would make Luffy and Co. equal to the strength of Yonko, that means they can easily waltz in and defeat Kaido, which is not going to happen that easily.

Burgess is the 1st Div Commander under Yonko Blackbeard, he would have more fighting experience and would have been more exposed to the New World, Luffy is still new, experience counts in battle. Luffy is not yet at that level where he can easily defeat Burgess, yes, he will inflict damage and he won't lose, but he can't defeat.

If you are saying Luffy/Zoro can defeat Burgess easily, you are practically saying Luffy/Zoro can defeat Kizaru, Luffy/Zoro can defeat Marco, and Luffy/Zoro can defeat Ben Beckman.

MDN and Death72 like this.
  3. rio poneglyph

rio poneglyph

Bounty Points:
    Yes, quite soon.

4. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    You're misunderstanding a lot of things and I also doubt I could convince you by typing in a lot of details to explain things. Just keep in mind that you're a bit confused on my thoughts because of my crappy explanation to MDN.

Just keep in mind that I do not agree with you or MDN. I would have explained it with more care and understandable detail if the person I was explaining it to had a bit of a good discussion reputation in my mind.
    When it comes to speculating the fights of One Piece I have always been correct. I can't prove that, unfortunately.

But when it comes to everything starting from Punk Hazard which I can remember there's Luffy's fights with Caesar, Sanji's fight with Vergo, Zoro's fight with Monet, Luffy's fight with Chinjao, Bellamy's fights in the arena and Law's fight with Mingo. The only thing I may have possibly miscalculated so far is how fast the fight between Law and Mingo would last. I believed that Mingo would be able to defeat Law in one hit with the right level of technique. I can't prove that since I haven't seen the fight. There's normally a small struggle between fights because of things I'm sure you guys don't understand. That's just how fights go.

This is pretty much a similar situation between the WB commanders and the admirals. Despite what many of you may think people of Ace's level are still far from an admirals power. Even letting their guard down for a split second fighting an admiral can cause you to lose your life. They have to give it their all and focus just to keep up or they could lose in an instant. That's how powerful the admirals are compared to the Yonko's commanders. Luffy can clearly sense Fuji's power and him being near Ace's level shows you that gap in strength. Still I'm sure you guys don't believe Luffy is near Ace's level and that's the problem here. There's something that Oda puts inside the Manga that he doesn't want everyone to notice... I really want to show everyone but it ruins a lot of things and for me as well. It's proof about what I'm saying. Don't dig much deeper into it because I won't reveal what it is until this arc is completed. I've known about it for quite a while now. Oda likes to put a lot of funny things in the Manga, you just need to be sharp enough to notice them all.

And lets make this clear, I do not believe Zoro can beat Burgess easily. There's a reason I mentioned Zoro and Burgess fighting after I included the part about his Asura technique. Just 1 extra swords gives Zoro incredible power.

Zoro's 3 sword caliber technique should be at 1,080 precisely and when he uses his Asura technique it's 3,240. That's absolutely incredible power. To top it off we haven't even seen the power he has beyond his ausra techniques. I'm quite sure he has advanced enough to defeat Burgess.

Bellamy, Zoro, Sanji and Law know about Luffy's power. Bellamy has commented on it saying it's beyond imagination. Law has that unexpected faith in Luffy to defeat Doflamingo. It's pretty obvious by now why. He obviously believes that Luffy will defeat Mingo and the reason why is obvious.

And again, it's not difficult to figure that out seeing that Luffy is the main character of this series and Mingo is the boss of this arc.

Also Zoro being capable of defeating Burgess doesn't say that the Straw Hats are equal to a Yonko in the least, it just says that the Straw Hats have more potential or that they have a very strong crew members. It's absolutely impossible for them to rival a Yonko if Luffy isn't at the level of a Yonko himself. Zoro has always been extremely close to Luffy's level of strength and that's the key here.

Burgess can't compare to the power of those with "D." in their name. They're very special. Luffy is much more special because of his Monkey personality.
    They're at a higher level of potential than basic people. Drake, Kid and Law are nothing compared to Luffy. Law already knows this and because of that power he senses from Luffy he can clearly see what we cannot. He can see that he would most likely die if he fought Mingo and that Luffy could definitely beat him because he obviously believes that Luffy is far stronger than him.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  5. MDN

MDN

Bounty Points:
    Although I find it hard to believe that you have always been right, I'll take your word for it since I have no reason to not believe you.

But you are saying Zoro's power is 1,080 per sword yet that is really just the name of a technique but he does get stronger with each sword. So with asura's 9 swords and his power up over the time skip he is pretty powerful, but Zoro is still weaker than Mihawk, unless you can tell me differently, and Mihawks attack was blocked by Jozu, one of WB commanders, so that point to me basically lost it's value straight away.

6. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    You are misunderstanding as well. 1,080 is how much he gets using 3 swords. 1 sword = 360. Zoro has been getting some major One-Sword style hype. Did you see how big the hole in the wall was after he sliced Monet in half? Imagine how big that hole would be if he used 2 swords, 3 swords, 9 swords. That's very big if you try to imagine it.
    The numbers are the amount of power he can use with those attacks, it's not just a name. That should be clearly obvious.

And it's pretty obvious that Zoro stand no chance against Mihawk, I don't need anyone to tell me that. The guy fought against a Yonko for fun, common sense would tell me or anyone that Mihawk is at a Yonko's level.

And you shouldn't base everything on an attack like the one Mihawk unleashed. He used a simple slash. That's childs play. And the attack also wasn't meant to cut diamond. All Mihawk had to do was simply swing his sword with a decent amount of power. If Mihawk is definitely the greatest swordsman in the world then that means he should be capable of cutting diamond, right? Then Obviously that means Jozu was lucky that the attack wasn't serious. I wouldn't think too much about such a simple attack.

7. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    Dude whoever does these spoilers has terrible english...

Death72 likes this.
  8. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    I think Divvens is the one who translated it. He probably rushed through it. His job isn't easy. lol

Vihyungrang and Death72 like this.
  9. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    OK! Things to be said. I knew Mingo wanted to kill Bellamy. As for the Law thing OMG I ACTUALLY CARE! This one is gonna be a tearjerker, especially for my friend who's a Law fan. And LAW BELIEVES IN LUFFY AND THE STRAWHATS! DAWWWW! I'm REALLY liking his character now...too bad he's dying right now. If I didn't know for a fact that Oda wouldn't kill him off like this I would actually be worried...

Death72, MDN and Shockingly like this.
  10. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I translated them ._______. I thought the English was good enough.

Anthony, Vihyungrang, Death72 and 2 others like this.
  11. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    Umm...I ment these...<link removed> I didn't read your spoilers. I'll go do that. Might be better...

Yup your spoilers are better...

MDN likes this.
  12. Shockingly

Shockingly Guest

Bounty Points:
    Good enough but not perfect?
    But you typed strawhat incorrectly. It should be "Straw Hat" with a space between. My grammar isn't perfect so I shouldn't really judge yours.

Oh yeah, their spoilers are always pretty darn crappy. Oh and you typed "You're" instead of "Your". And sites like OneManga and such are usually made by people who's original language isn't English.

Divvens and Death72 like this.
  13. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    @Shockingly
    Yes, you do have a point. The commanders of the WB pirates had to pay 100% attention to their fight against the Admirals. Even a second of distracting would cause them their lives, and I do see Luffy close to Ace's level. If Luffy isn't at Ace's, Luffy isn't ready for New World. You do have a point there :p

I think it's kinda the same with Doflamingo, although Doflamingo isn't Admiral level, if Luffy fights against Doflamingo even a second of distraction can cause a problem.

Just read the first post of the spoiler threads, it mostly has good translations.

I always make that mistake, since Mugiwara translates to strawhat, I keep the word together and forget to add a space between them :p

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Vihyungrang, Shockingly and Death72 like this.
  14. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    Meh I'm not a grammar police person, I just wanted to at least understand what they're saying...Div you're fine, I wasn't talking about your translation...

Death72 likes this.
  15. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I think it was pretty clear that Law already trusted the Strawhat's quite a bit :D The fact that he let them escape along with Caesar was a good proof, but Doflamingo has created a big problem himself by harming Law in front of Luffy.

Death72 and MDN like this.
  16. MDN

MDN

Bounty Points:
    The spoiler's kind of don't really explain how Law and DD get from the bridge to the collisium in, what seems like, such a short time. Can we reall be sure its not an illusion. JK:D

But still do't understand it.

17. Vihyungrang

Vihyungrang Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Well,I doubt Luffy can beat him during their first battle.And I have bigger doubts that Doflamingo will actually fight Luffy right now.He may just ask his subordinates to take care of Luffy.

Or worse Luffy,Zoro and others also get taken hostage.That will give Sanji and the others a reason to return to Dressrosa along with Caesar.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 19, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 19, 2013 ---
    Yeah,it was an illusion.It seems that Itachi and Sasuke are on Dressrosa along with Rokudu Mukuro. :p
    Luffy will now have to learn Sage Mode to beat Doflamingo.

MDN likes this.
  18. MDN

MDN

Bounty Points:
    Then this is about to get epic!! :D

Vihyungrang likes this.
  19. Takt

Takt Roger Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Wo wo woah....What?!
    So Law defeating Vergo, you think that was just to hype up his character? Are you being serious here? You don't think that that was to cement Law's threat in the New World? A character's potential or threat can be expressed in 2 ways in One Piece. Either we are told about their historical feats/status (like with WB or the Yonkou) or we are shown their potential or threat (like with Doflamingo, in a way). And how can we be shown that? Through fights or feats that they perform (like taking over a kingdom by playing puppeteer). Through them defeating other people. If you refuse to give characters a chance to cement their so-called "power status" when they clearly defeat someone that was supposed to be a step above them then how are you ever gonna accept that the character has grown?

The whole point of the Vergo fight (and this point is further backed up by the speech after it) is that pirates like Law, Kidd, Apoo and Luffy are now at a level that is definitely beyond what they used to be! That was the real point of the fight. Oda's not gonna hype a character up just to get fans, for god's sake. He went with using a shock factor approach which included a single slash (which no one saw coming), that's his creative license.

I've always maintained that it would be a surprise for me if he defeated Doflamingo, even if you take away what happened with Fujitora. He said it himself, before fighting Fujitora, that it would be a hard battle that he would need to be at 100% for. Fans need only pay attention to Law's cautious approach to the whole plan to realize that this guy doesn't necessarily believe himself that he can defeat Doflamingo (not 100% at least).

I'm sorry if I sound angry or confrontational. Just take this as a discussion point. In my mind, I've always thought of ways Law was overhyped (coz I do hear that a lot) but this is something I've heard for the first time that just jarred with my perception of things. :unsure::galien::peeking:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Anthony, Death72 and Dango like this.
  20. Donquixote Doflamingo

Donquixote Doflamingo

Bounty Points:
    Oh God

Luffy beat the shit out of Doflamingo please.

On another note,Law admitted inferiority to Luffy.Fuck yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice