Spoilers One Piece Chapter 727 [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Manga Spoilers' started by Divvens, Nov 5, 2013.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    The one thing I'm really interested in seeing, is how they actually plan on exposing DD as using King Riku and his guards as puppets to slaughter the civilians. Is Oda going to go the same route he did with Alabasta and have a "witness" come forward to expose the truth, and if so, why did it take him/her ten years maybe they were threatened and feared for their life? Or maybe Violet was the witness, and she will use her DF powers to project the treason DD committed to the Dresrosa civilians. :eek:

Death72, chopper666 and Dango like this.
  2. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    I'd prefer if anything of that sort happened it would be Violet showing everyone. Though I'd rather after the conclusion of the blocks the person behind the turning people into toys was defeated and the memories came back along with the people turned. That way it would add depth to the current arc as well as corner Doflamingo as they'd want him to explain how such a thing occurred.

3. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Or they may have come to know over time after seeing Doflamingo/realizing his power.

4. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    Back directly on topic: Caribou and possibly his brother, has big information, remember? If they take him away, to who?

Did King Riku refuse to give Doflamingo the throne when he demanded-it?

5. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    From what I gathered from the spoilers, DD threatened Riku with war, and told Riku that if he was to give him 10 Billion Beli's then he would walk away and Riku could keep the Throne, and upon realizing Riku might actually raise the money, he resorted to drastic measure to ensure the people of Dressrosa would lose all faith in Riku, and then DD could swoop in and become it's "savior" of sorts

Death72 and chopper666 like this.
  6. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    Yes...but I suspect that even if King Riku could not pay the money, Doflamingo would have still framed him unless he wanted the money and the reason he framed him was because he could not pay. It would be more convenient for him to be seen as a savior than a conqueror.
    The spoilers also said that Doflamingo demanded the throne. Did you miss that part?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  7. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    This Arc is becoming more like Alabasta it kind of obvious. 1.DD got almost same characteristics as Crocodile greed and superior to others 2. DD took over Dressrossa This make me conclude that Oda wants the Straw Hats to fight against the Donquixote Pirates but who knows he could change things.

Anthony and Death72 like this.
  8. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    - Doflamingo demanded for King Riku's throne, he asked for a ransom of 10 billion Beli's from Dressrosa (King Riku). As King Riku didn't want a war and wanted to continue the peaceful rein over Dressrosa, he accepted this and was ready to pay the ransom.

Thats what I ment ^ He demanded the throne, then asked for a 10 Billion belli ransom (Giving Riku a choice of one or the other) Then it said Riku didn't want a war (Implying that if he paid the 10 Billion Belli's he would keep the throne and DD would leave Dressrosa alone) DD see's that Riku was on his way to raising the money, and not wanting to go back on his word that if Riku paid he'd would leave him alone, resorted to framing Riku instead....
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 6, 2013 ---
    I don't see any other plausible reason why he would "demand" the Throne, and yet offer a ransom for it.....It's like I steal your bike, then tell you to give me a hundred bucks and I'll give you your bike back, but I have no intention of giving you your bike back, then why did I make the offer in the first place?

Death72 likes this.
  9. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    If what Doflamingo wanted was throne then why would he ask for some money?

To get the money.

10. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    I honestly think he asked for the money because he knew King Riku didn't have it. Plus because he knew he's want to avoid a war he's try to find a way to get it. Then with his DF abilities it was easy to control him from the shadows.

chopper666 likes this.
  11. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    Crocodile did not take over Alabasta.
    Their are a lot more players involved than the Alabasta arc. I doubt it will only be The Straw-hats fighting against the Donquixote Family.For starters; some of the Straw hats are presumably of the island and heading to Zou.

chopper666 likes this.
  12. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I don't think it had anything to do with money, DD is a business man, he probably makes and spends more money than any other pirate. What I think he did was give Riku an ultimatum. Either Riku surrender his thrown to DD, if not, then DD would declare war on Dressrosa. (as a bluff) But if Riku could come up with 10 billion Belli, then Riku could remain King of Dressrosa, The spoilers also say that Dressrosa was not a rich Kingdom, so DD probably thought it was impossible for Riku to pay 10 billion belli's therefore Riku would most likely give up his throne, as he wouldn't want to risk putting his people through a war. But then Riku started to raise the money through taxes and the help of citizens, and DD realized that Riku might actually come up with the money. DD didn't want to look like the bad guy so when Riku called his bluff on the war, and opted to raise the money, DD then decided to just have it look like the king snapped and started killing the citizens. This way DD could swoop in, "save" the Kingdom of Dressrosa, and look like a hero in the eyes of the citizens....If DD would have went the "war route" the citizens would have looked at him as a tyrant, and he wouldn't have been able to build his "perfect little kingdom" where he is beloved by all...

Death72 and chopper666 like this.
  13. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    Yeah what I meant was that DD and Croc both attempt to take over a country but DD was succesfull. I doupt they are going to Zou though but I believe that Bartolommeo and Chinjao are going to help them somehow

Anthony and Death72 like this.
  14. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    That's what I thought in a more clear way.

15. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Here are two different takes of spoilers on chapter 727 to show you.

Translation: Rio
    Source: Ishuhui

- Cover-stroy: Drake takes down all Caribou's crew and takes him away.
    - Toy Solider says in 800 yrs, there's never a war in Dressrosa.
    - That night 10 yrs ago, the event started when Doflamingo showed up in front of Riku's bed.
    - At that time, Doflamingo captured transport ships with 'Sky Gold' (Rio: cant think of a better translation, or heaven gold.)that's been sent to Celestial Dragon to threaten the World Government to be a warlord.
    - Doflamingo asked for getting the king back, or Riku gave him 10 billion beli to buy Dressrosa before dawn.
    - Riku said war is what beast (animals) do, Dressrosa couldnt have a war anyway, he told army to ask nationals to raise money.
    - The public trusted Riku, but Riku shouted into the crowd and started killing people as well as the soliders.
    - The truth is Doflamingo used his ability 'parasitism string' to control their bodies.
    - Doflamingo then waited in the shadow until Riku lost all his reputation, he came back to the front as a hero.

End of chapter.

Credits: Redon
    Source: APForums

- Toy soldier gives the flashback about how Doflamingo took the throne 10 years ago.
    - Dolfamingo kidnapped the ships that took tribute from countries to the Celestial Dragons and threatened the World Government to be part of the Shichibukai.
    - He threatened King Riku for 10 billion Berries for Dressrosa. King Riku didn't want a war. There's no wars for last 800 years in Dressrosa so he accepted.
    - Dressrosa soldiers went to the town to collect money.
    - But suddenly King Riku started attacking people and set fire to buildings with tears, he was controlled by Doflamingo. Soldiers also started attacking people later.
    - "The timing that hero shows up is when people have fears and hate King Riku." Doflamingo said to Trébol, Diamante and Pica.

End of chapter.

Dango, Death72 and chopper666 like this.
  16. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    If he did not care about the money or if the money did not play an important role than Doflamingo could have just said and saved time:' give me the kingdom or I'll wage war'. Surely King Riku would have given up the throne then.
    The fifth hyphen seems incoherent.

17. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    @Dany, from what I gathered while translating
    > Doflamingo demanded for the "throne", he basically threatened and demanded the throne. And he asked for a ransom of 10 million if Riku didn't want a war/give the throne away.

Doflamingo did this I think knowing that Riku would
    a) Not want a war, and would accept the term to pay ransom.
    b) The royal family wouldn't have such money (country wouldn't be so rich) which would make Riku asks citizens for money.
    c) Doing this, he sets up the downfall of Riku.

It was all planned, Doflamingo was never in it for the Money. He wanted to prove that Riku (the royal family) was poor and bankrupt and he had plans to make Dressrosa richer/wealthier . We already saw his statement in the past chapter. It was a big set up on his part.

Those translations are a bit wrong.
    >Doflamingo showed up in front of Riku's bed, next line implying that Doflamingo kidnapped the king. That did not happen, the king wasn't kidnapped. His throne/country was ransomed, not his safety/well being/getting back.
    > Riku himself was involved in asking money from the civilians. He didn't send soldiers to do that without himself not showing up himself.

18. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I'm assuming he was using they money angle as a ploy to get the King and his men onto the streets so he could take control of their body's and have them attack the citizens of Dressrosa, he already knew that the Riku king himself didn't have the money to pay as Dressrosa was not a wealthy Kingdom, so he was counting on the King to go onto the streets and ask the citizens for help then ::BAM:: Takes control of the King and Soldiers, and completely destroys the trust the people had in their king. Thus giving DD the chance to come in and be the knight in shining armor. The people of Dressrosa loved Riku, they wouldn't have sat back and allowed DD to just come in and take over the Kingdom. DD needed them to hate Riku and love him....It was his plan....He wanted to rule Dressrosa, but he didn't want to be considered a tyrant King.
    Yeah I know they are flawed, which is why I opted not to post them earlier as they've been out all day, but there is only so many ways I can try and explain one single scenerio :wacky:

chopper666 likes this.
  19. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    I agree with you.

20. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Divvens just said everything I've been saying!!!! :eek: I'm taking my ball and going home!!!!!! ;(

Divvens likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice