One Piece 20th Anniversary News & Announcements

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, Jul 22, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

There have been so many One Piece 20th anniversary announcements over the past week days with the potential for more to come. One Piece Podcast is keeping a running list of everything we know so far. We will continue to update this post as more details become available.

Contents
    • One Piece LINE Account
    • New Look for One-Piece.com
    • One Piece Day
    • One Piece Collaboration with the City of Kyoto
    • One Piece Magazine Cover Takeover

read more
    http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2017/07/21/one-piece-20th-anniversary-news-announcements/

minions, SMILE, Naito and 4 others like this.
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Interesting news. Well,it seems like the 22nd July news had nothing to do with the events in WCI lol.

4. AfroKing

AfroKing

Bounty Points:
    The news came out on 21st though.(Even in Japan)
    let's have a slight hope that there are more news to come.( Doubtful and 99.9% not going to happen.)

5. benexworth

benexworth

Bounty Points:
    ugh. i was hoping for something badass. (fell over in exasperation)

6. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    from sandman

Japanese TV show called "Jump Police" (JumPoli"ジャンポリ") celebrated 20th anniversary of ONE PIECE 2 hours ago.[​IMG]
    They asked 100 audience about 2 questions.

- Who is your favorite character in ONE PIECE?
    1st Sanji (28 votes)
    2nd Luffy (21 votes)
    3rd Chopper (12 votes)

- What is the most impressive scene in ONE PIECE?
    1st Ace got killed by Akainu. (34 votes)
    2nd Luffy inviting Chopper to Straw Hats (24 votes)
    3rd Straw Hats saying goodbye to Going Merry (20 votes)

Some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg appeared in the TV show!
    https://twitter.com/ochimusha108/sta...67439277015040
    https://twitter.com/ochimusha108/sta...69956618518533

By the way, here is my translation for editor's impressive comment about Oda yesterday.

"Junior high school students 20 years ago have already become adults. They may be married and have children.
    All the while, Oda-sensei has been drawing ONE PIECE day after day to deliver an adventure and excitement to us.
    I'd like to show respect to him from the bottom of my heart.

(Oda tells his editor not to call him "Oda-sensei" so that they can talk friendly, but editor decides to call him "Oda-sensei" just for today/yesterday to show respect.)
    #ThankYouOdacchi#OP20th

source: https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...59725829193729

7. Cant sleep

Cant sleep

Bounty Points:

That last part, why the f*** is rain inside my room ;(

8. dirtyLarry

dirtyLarry

Bounty Points:
    Don't want to bragg here, but that has been obvious from the beginning. Oda would never make a special announcement about some "huge news on July 22nd" that would have anything to do with the actual story.
    Anytime you hear such announcements (from basically any manga/tv show etc.) you know it's most probably about a new project.

9. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Yeah but people still had hope lol since the editor said something along the lines "WCI is going to be more interesting in the future, something will happen on the 22nd July" so the people can't be blamed for thinking that Oda would somehow do a connection with the actual story :lmao:

Mr. Kishido likes this.
  10. Xlaw

Xlaw

Bounty Points:
    Seems...Chopper is really popular in Japan !

11. Masbabas

Masbabas

Bounty Points:
    It's just me or the number doesn't add up :camthinking:

12. AfroKing

AfroKing

Bounty Points:
    Well,sure they don't add up and it makes sense. These were not the only options and people voted for other people/moments aside from these. These were the top that's all.

Treacle likes this.
  13. Kuro Ashi

Kuro Ashi

Bounty Points:
    Must be the small sample size, i would be really surprised if Sanji get's more votes than Luffy in the official popularity poll !

14. Chilly Cobra

Chilly Cobra

Bounty Points:
    If Sanji beats Luffy in the next popularity poll (extremely low chance) then the Jap Sanji fandom is loyal asf(they kinda always were).

I'm surprised that among 100 random one piece fans, people like Sanji over Luffy.

Mr. Kishido likes this.
  15. Bogard

Bogard

Bounty Points:
    I kinda expected Sanji to be in the top3, and possibly top2, but top1? If i recall correctly the popularity poll will come out in 2weeks. Guess it'd turn out to be more surprising than i expected. I wonder what makes Chopper so popular as well. I keep asking this

Treacle and SMILE like this.
  16. ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

Bounty Points:
    Translated and summarized by sandman:

Here is my brief summary for ONE PIECE editors' talk show in Tokyo Tower today.[​IMG]

- Oda received tons of fan letters asking him to save Ace's life during Marineford War arc.
    - Editor Hattori asked Oda every week, "Are you really gonna kill Ace? I don't think it's a good idea.."
    - However, Oda didn't understand why many audience are worried about Ace since he planned to kill Ace ever since his first appearance.
    - Basic course of events in the story is usually decided before the arc starts. However, Oda didn't have an intention to make Shanks appear in Marineford War.
    - Oda asks his editor what kinds of predictions audience have. Oda tries to go beyond their expectations.
    - Oda asked his editor, "What do you think if Ace turns out to be Roger's son?" The editor was very surprised to hear that. Oda was satisfied with his reaction and decided to go with this idea.
    - Oda goes mad when editor doesn't answer the phone, Editor holds his cell phone in his arms while sleeping so that he can answer the phone from Oda anytime.
    - Editor wanted to publish ONE PIECE Magazine every month in 2017, but Shueisha rejected since it would be too risky.
    - The cover page of ONE PIECE Magazine volume 3 got revealed. It will be released on September 1st. (Volume 2 will be out on August 4th.)
    - Oda's comment about Wano arc will be included in ONE PIECE Magazine volume 2.
    - Editor Naito and Sugita already know what will happen in Wano arc. Both of them agree that the climax story in Wano arc is awesome.
    - Oda showed his BEST smile when he received a cake in OP 20th celebration party with his family and friends

17. AfroKing

AfroKing

Bounty Points:
    I can see three reasons.

1)Japanese are suckers for drama and that's why they voted for Sanji
    2)Pure luck and they just fall into more Sanji fans
    3)They are becoming fed up with how much Oda shows Luffy .

18. Bogard

Bogard

Bounty Points:
    Damn you Oda !!! :shifty: ;(

Interesting, makes me wonder what was the original end of the War arc if Shanks wasn't supposed to come

Haha the fan theories are becoming in danger then :yawn:

So the idea of Roger's son really came on a whim uh? Kinda makes sense since i myself felt it was like random the very first moment it was implied

So Oda is a martyr? :hmmm:

Interesting, that @Naito himself think the Wano ending will be awesome:pggrin:. He keeps hyping it since a while, makes me think the Wano ending may be one of the best in a while. Hopefully it delivers then.

Treacle, SMILE, Rivaille and 2 others like this.
  19. ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

Bounty Points:
    Ace being condemned to die was pretty obvious over the course of his appearances, so it´s no surprise he planned it so from the get-go.
    Him being Roger´s son coming later is surprising though, considering that´s the reason why Marineford was credible in the first place.

20. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    Reminds me of when Chris and Syed were giving me a hard time over this :D:lmao::rofl::
    [​IMG]

Interesting how two of the most iconic Shanks moments and One Piece moments in general were not planned by Oda: Shanks losing his arm to the seaking and Shanks showing up at Marineford.
    One Piece interviews really helped me understand the importance of editors.

Unexpected how Zoro is not even on that Top 3. I can hear the cries of both happiness and anger coming from the Sanji and Zoro fanboys... the sweet celebration and the salty excuses....

Ace = plot tool confirmed!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 22, 2017 ---
    Also, that part about the editor sleeping with his phone in his hand reminded me of my physics teacher who kept saying stuff like "You should know these formulas so well that if I call you in the middle of the night you should be able to tell them to me"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    SMILE, zazen, Adimas and 1 other person like this.
  21. D Sanji

D Sanji

Bounty Points:
    If Sanji gets number 1.... there's gonna be a party at my house :lmao: ( no Zoro fans invited :rage:) jk they are

But we all know Luffy is gonna be number 1, if Sanji turns out to be number 1, then my boi broke a popularity poll record:cigar:

Mr. Kishido likes this.