1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory [NOW DEBUNKED] Special Paramecia: A Case for Katakuri

No haki needed to explain Katakuri's abilities!

Share This Page

1. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
    TwinKidd_B submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Special Paramecia: A Case for Katakuri - No haki needed to explain Katakuri's abilities!

Click here to read further...

2. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
  3. Jinbei

Jinbei

Bounty Points:
    Hmmm was a good read. But you didn't explain why you think Katakuri doesn't use Haki to predict moves or am I missing it entirely? I like your theory for it explains how Katakuri can be turned into pieces but then he just recovers and back in one piece. That said, is he kind of invincible then? I get that he still feels the pain but I always thought that Haki embued attacks should be able to do fatal damage to Logia's and now special parameicia users like Kata-kun. You seem to think that Haki only allows one to keep a Logia user in place.

4. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the feedback! As far as predicting moves, I just don't think it really matters. I'm more describing how his DEVIL FRUIT power works. He could have been predicting Luffy's moves, but that wouldn't affect how his body works and what we've observed. As far as invincible, we'll see. Perhaps conqueror's haki would be effective. Or, luffy could even cause him so much pain that he passes out. If you wanted to, you could say that cracker's unorthodox hatred of pain was a hint of what's to come. Oda will find a way. As far as haki and causing damage, I think I explained it. I might have been unclear. I'm not saying haki ONLY keeps the user in place. That's one of the things it can do. You can cause damage, even to Katakuri. I'm just saying the damage can be repaired. While haki might not be the solution, other devil fruits certainly are. We've seen water is his weakness. However, I'd venture to say that freezing his entire body could also spell lights out for the sweet commander! Hope that helps!

5. Jinbei

Jinbei

Bounty Points:
    Ok. So, other than keeping a Logia user in place, does Haki nullify their power too, i.e prevent them from using their devil fruit and turning into their Logia form? I thought you meant to say Haki wouldn't prevent them from changing form but it still did damage to them, even in Logia form. Up til now I always thought Haki helped keep a Logia user in their human form, thus making them vulnerable to damage; Haki didn't do direct damage to Logia user in Logia form. Sorry for the questions and I know this is getting confusing but I hope you understand what I want to ask.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
    TwinKidd_B updated Special Paramecia: A Case for Katakuri with a new update entry:

Theory Still Holds Up!

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
    TwinKidd_B updated Special Paramecia: A Case for Katakuri with a new update entry:

Haki clarification

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    I would like to continue the discussion spawned from my review here if you don't mind... @TwinKidd_B

Sea prism stone more specifically cuffs effect the people the are one differently sure, this is explained by personality, strength etc..

Luffy gets dramitacally weak and drains when touching it because luffy is over the top always...remember how luffy acts when he's hungry or sees a robot... It's his character

Asce stood tall was was seemingly unaffected by it it's drain... That's because asce was a stern strong pirate... Sane as robin

I would assume WB in cuffs woukd stand tall too.... Because in his character not fruit type or unconfirmed subcategorization...

The one effect that is undeniable and 100% the same across the board on the cuffs is it completely stops the ability of the users DF... Period.... If it didn't why wouldn't (I used Caesar because he's the most recent prevalent victim) not take away oxygen in the surronding area, or turn to gas... Why wouldn't luffy just stretch through the bars (something he's capable of) or out if the cuffs?
    Why wouldn't any other DF User in cuffs not use or attempt to use their DF.... Like all shown in impel down eternal hell? Aside from all other shown cases..

When in fact luffy, Robin, have used their DF underwater effectively?
    (like luffy beating Hordy Jones)

9. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
    Hey!

I actually just checked the WIKI, and it turns out that seastone has different affects based on the density used. I had no idea! This explains all the presumed inconsistencies throughout the series (usually makes Luffy weak, but the chains used on him during Punk Hazard prevented him from using his powers while he lacked is usual weak behaviors). I think we both just didn't take it into account. At least I feel better knowing there's a logical explanation that fills all the holes. So thanks for making your point. Otherwise, I would have kept walking around sounding like an idiot. Lol

10. TwinKidd_B

TwinKidd_B

Bounty Points:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice