Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gaming Central' started by Roogy, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:

Share This Page

?

Which Version To You Want To Own?

1. Grey Version

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Neon Version

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Roogy

Roogy Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Hey, Oro Jackson-ers, what are your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo's next major console release currently slated for release in March of 2017. Here is the First Look Trailer, in case you have not seen it:

I think it would be interesting to perhaps discuss this new console, so if you have any thoughts, feel free to add to the conversation.

As for me personally, at the moment I'm interested, but will probably not be buying it at launch.

2. RZ_Senpai

RZ_Senpai

Bounty Points:
    Looks like a good console. Can be used on the go and at home. Nintendo isn't usually my cup of tea (besides Pokemon games on handhelds) but it looks good for their usual market. My main concern is that it won't reach into new markets and draw in customers who aren't usually into nintendo's. I will not be buying as it doesn't do anything to compare to an Xbox One or PS4 for me.

Hermes, Nico Robin and Roogy like this.
  3. Ryokugyu.

Ryokugyu.

Bounty Points:
    I'm just curious if Nintendo will ditch a handheld console like 3DS. Nintendo Switch looks like a fusion between the Wii U and 3DS.

If this is true, then we have a really big chance for a 3D high qaulity Pokemon game! I am waiting like forever for a Pokemon Console game Q_Q. Please Nintendo and Gamefreak make this happen!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  4. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I am definitely interested! It's going to play the new Zelda game, so it's a done deal for me. But, I probably won't get it right away.

Roogy likes this.
  5. RZ_Senpai

RZ_Senpai

Bounty Points:
    This could be difficult. One of the best things about Pokemon games is the simplicity. It could be pulled off if done right but I have my concerns. If a real solid 3D Pokemon game was made exclusive to this console I would probably buy the console purely for that - although this is extreme, Pokemon games were a huge part of my childhood so it would be great for me.

Roogy likes this.
  6. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    I believe this is the next evolution of gaming because playing at house and outside of your house brings many opportunity, especially with your friends, anime convention, gaming convention, gaming clubs, etc.

If they port Pokken Tournament to Nintendo Switch, you should be able to local play with your friends on your own console without sharing a screen similar to the handheld Pokemon games.

I'm not surprised by Nintendo taking this route. It makes sense. Only they would do something creative and unique consoles like this. The Nintendo Wii U was just a skeleton building for a better console.

I don't have a problem with Nintendo or any gaming company really. I play games for games. My favorite games were Pokemon series, Snash Bros series, Paper Mario series, Fire Emblem series, Dragon Ball game, One Piece Unlimited series, Naruto Clash series, etc. I still play most their new Nintendo Wii U games like Paper Mario Color Splash. I just hope they develop a new Pokemon game similar to Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. Those games were my shit.

I will not be buying it at lauch unless it has bundle of games. I'm sure it will. Usually I wait a year or two for a new console to have a stack of games to play.

Many were hoping for it to play Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U games, but it doesn't seems the case. This is understandable because I think Nintendo want to keep the Nintendo Switch as its own console.
    https://www.destructoid.com/nintend....phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Many people are complaining about Nintendo not revealing anymore information about the Nintendo Switch until 2017. I think this is good decision because new year and new console. Not to mention, new games will be revealed at Nintendo Direct, E3, Tokyo Game Show 2017, and Jump Festa 2018. It makes sense to me.
    http://nichegamer.com/2016/10/21/no-new-official-info-for-nintendo-switch-until-2017/

The new console has Nvidia Tegra processor, Unreal Engine 4, and a full list of third party support party support. This is a super plus!
    http://gematsu.com/2016/10/nintendo-switch-game-console-unveiled

Since Bandai Namco is supporting this new console. I'm hoping they get developers to develop more anime games for it. A new One Piece Unlimited game by Ganbarion will be amazing. Same for One Piece Burning Blood. I want the fanbase to grow strong.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Hyper Haki and Roogy like this.
  7. Hyper Haki

Hyper Haki

Bounty Points:
    It's a great thing because it will help the console business in Japan where handheld gaming is more popular. Game devs should be happy. I have heard lots of positive information on how good it is to make games for the system. Hopefully it's not a repeat like with the Wii U where it started positive and 3rd party quickly fled at the first sign of failure.

The marketing looked good. They're clearly focusing on their core fanbase first yet are still keeping true to trying to bring people together. Iwata would be happy to see this.

I've always wanted a handheld that could do multiplayer without getting another system. Saves me hundreds of dollars to play with my family. It'll also be nice to see the games in better quality and a bigger screen.

I feel the 3DS will last a year or so and then the switch will replace it. I'll be sad to see dual-screens leave because plenty of games were good with it such as TWEWY, Kid Icarus uprising, drawing games, Rhythm games, etc.

Overall I'm very excited for this.

Coolguy and Roogy like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes

Bounty Points:
    Zelda alone makes me want to buy it. :<3:

Roogy likes this.
  9. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    Roogy likes this.
  10. Coquet

Coquet Wanted Roger Cracker Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    It looks very promising though I will wait a bit before I buy it.

Roogy likes this.
  11. Eileen Winifred Sanchez

Eileen Winifred Sanchez

Bounty Points:
    I'd definitely be buying it. I love everything Nintendo!
    Fanboyisms alone will see me with a copy of it.

Roogy likes this.
  12. Roogy

Roogy Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the conversation :) I've been looking at my options as far as getting more consoles (as I only have PS4), and at the moment, this is probably the next console I will get (probably at the end of next year). I'm excited, because I skipped over the Wii U, but am interested in trying Splatoon / Zelda. Plus, the whole idea of a hybrid console feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the standard computer in a box model of other consoles. :D

13. Eileen Winifred Sanchez

Eileen Winifred Sanchez

Bounty Points:
    The Wii u feels like a dream away,though it was a good dream. This should convince people to love Nintendo again.
    I was expecting another console from them for a while and this looks like just the ticket eh?
    The games have always been good for Nintendo. That's how I feel about it.

Roogy and Coquet like this.
  14. Troyofyort

Troyofyort

Bounty Points:
    Looks good to me. my biggest concern is battery life while trying to output good graphics. Nintendo has always been a boss as far as portable consoles have gone.

15. Sir

Sir

Bounty Points:
    Thoughts on tonights press conference?

Roogy and Troyofyort like this.
  16. Troyofyort

Troyofyort

Bounty Points:
    New Zelda trailer is dope af and I'm excited as hell for a No More Heroes sequel! !

Roogy and Sir like this.
  17. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    300 dollars fuh it. Not bad.
    March 3 is the date!

Now the waiting game.. I want a new Monster Hunter game or a Super smash bros game!! I don't really care for Zelda or Mario atm..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Roogy and Troyofyort like this.
  18. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    New fighting game. Gomu Gomu no PISTOL!

19. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Looks good so far to me not to sure if I will buy it on launch date or not, still debating if I should pre order it now or just wait. The game Arms looks kinda interesting, however I'm more hyped for Zelda breath of the wild and Super Mario Odyssey. I am little bit disappointed that Super Mario Odyssey is coming out for the Holidays of this year instead of in March as a a launch title but on the bright side at least I don't have to choose between getting either Zelda or Mario now. Now the one thing I find a little upsetting is why the Pro controller being sold separately again and why is it $70 like seriously, if I remember correctly the Wii U Pro controller was only around $50. If it was being sold for around $20 to $40 I wouldn't mind it but $70 I think is a bit too much, so far it looks a bit more promising than the Wii U at least.

Roogy likes this.
  20. Hyper Haki

Hyper Haki

Bounty Points:
    The extra controllers are way too expensive wtf. Pay to play online sucks and I don't know how I feel about actual humans in Mario (a realistic setting with some cartoon ones is fine though).

Other than that I like everything I see. Looks like the switch is the system for JRPG.

Roogy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice