Namie Amuro Plans New Collaboration Project with "One Piece" before Her Retirement

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, Feb 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    "Hope," the 20th OP theme song for the TV anime One Piece performed by 40-year-old J-Pop singer Namie Amuro, has been digitally available since February 11. At the same time, her official website confirmed that a "special collaboration" between her and the internationally popular franchise was decided, and posted an anime visual featuring her and the members of the Straw Hat Pirates. Her second One Piece OP theme song following "Fight Together" (14th/episode 493-516) has been used since the 807th episode aired in Japan on October 1, 2017.

Since she has already announced her retirement from the entertainment business as of September 16, 2018, it is expected to be her last collaboration with One Piece. She says, "I am really honored to join a collaboration project with One Piece for which I have provided theme songs. I would be glad if the adventure between me, who dive into the One Piece world, and the members of the Straw Hat Pirates will be a project filled dreams that deliver hopes and courage to you." More details will be provided at a later date.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-project-with-one-piece-before-her-retirement

2. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    so it might be something else but not the past anime episode... interesting...

3. edogama

edogama

Bounty Points:
    and also
    I hope this collaboration about song Amuro with SHP....

4. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted! Wanted Sanji

Bounty Points:
    First.. I can't believe she is 40...she looks no older than 19/20. Absolutely beautiful!
    Second... I can't wait to hear what it is!!

5. RobinGloriousBoobs

RobinGloriousBoobs

Bounty Points:
  6. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    Hope and Fight Together both are great openings. I hope she will do great work again.

7. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    Her career has been as long if not longer than Oda's lol (1992) before he was even 18 XD
    Props to her for sure

Blazenix_73 likes this.
  8. RETRO

RETRO

Bounty Points:
    Namie Amuro is a living legend, She's literally my childhood, I grew up listening to her songs. (I actually started One Piece just because Namie sang its opening :smuggrin:)

Along her 25 years of career she has changed japan's music industry and inspired a lot of people. She's had an insane longevity, while all the artists from her era started to flop one after another, she maintained her popularity in a changing music market, today she's the second best selling japanese solo artist of all time.
    Sadly, last year she announced her retirement from the industry ;( I'm very interested to know about that collaboration project.

Btw, here is a short 20-minute documentary of Namie's career, if anyone is interested.

9. RedDragonStrike

RedDragonStrike

Bounty Points:
    A really good musician we have here! Her songs are earworms for me!

10. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    What? we have a new one piece opening? I really need to catch up with the anime.

Kuroh likes this.
  11. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    Hope has quickly become one of if not my top One Piece opening songs. So I'm very excited.

12. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    same one we've had since October 2017 lmao

mettalica.D.symon likes this.