Manga Chapter My Hero Academia - Chapter 212: Successor

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter & Episode Discussion' started by Chris Mic, Dec 30, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Chapter

1. Plus Ultra!!!

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Great

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Average

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    My Hero Academia Chapter 212 - Successor

Read The Chapter Online
    MangaStream (ONLINE)

Death72 likes this.
  2. Beky

Beky Nerf This <3 Wanted Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Uraraka is MVP, i don't fucking care what others say she is an amazing female character. Without a moment of hesitation she jumped to Deku knowing it is dangerous. And what did All Might say that is most important hero quality? Spriti of Self Sacrifice

Seeing Shinso smile reminded me of Baba, i know the dude is beyond happy Shinso is in the story. :feelscryingman:

Also one of the previous OFA users is prolly Bakugou's grandpa or something like that when you consider his behaviour :omegalul:

3. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Who is cutting onions ;( ;( ;( ;(
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 30, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 30, 2018 ---
    Such short chapters recently though, it kinda makes me sad.

I am excited for Hellboy.

And also I am so glad to see Uraraka get focus once again showing why she's great. Those who say ''lmao Uraraka's whole character is that she likes Deku'' are dumb.

Death72 likes this.
  4. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Introduced to a potential goat at the end of the chapter but aside from that nothing really interesting happened this time around. Also tired of the short chapters. If the work is just that much for Horikoshi to handle he should just take a week break or something.

5. Beky

Bounty Points:
    He never took a brake this year. Which is bad for his health considering he worked on the movie,anime and the game and also he traveled to USA few times

Death72, Name Is C and Chris Mic like this.
  6. Ninety Eyes

Ninety Eyes

Bounty Points:
    Next year is going to be exciting. Uraraka and Shinsou not only saved Deku, but they also saved the match, and we get some more OFA lore.

Name Is C and Chris Mic like this.
  7. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Didn't he take ONE break? Like... just ONE? That is honestly terrible. He needs to be taking more breaks, like Oda.

Name Is C likes this.
  8. Beky

Bounty Points:
    He only took it because he was sick

Name Is C and Chris Mic like this.
  9. Ninety Eyes

Ninety Eyes

Bounty Points:
    I feel like Shueisha doesn't allow Horikoshi to go on break every few weeks like Oda does, because he doesn't have the sort of control and influence Oda has yet.

Luna <3, Name Is C and Chris Mic like this.
  10. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Nope. He took it to do ''research''. He should take more frequent breaks.

Oda doesn't even want to go on breaks though, Shueisha forces him to. If Horikoshi wanted breaks, he very well could. Poor dude has been tormented for a while now.

11. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Bounty Points:
    is that Hellboy?!
    Midoriya is the Beast of the Apocalypse confirmed

Chris Mic likes this.
  12. ToxiM

ToxiM

Bounty Points:
    This was a Decent chapter. Not too much happening really from where the last chapter left off.

I really like the brainwash kid. Very short chapter though which is a bit sad but thats okay.

Hopefully the new One for All guy that showed up helps teach Deku something better. He still just tries to mimic All Might too much considering how long its been passed down through the generations there is bound to be some cool stuff one for all is capable of.

13. Rohan

Rohan

Bounty Points:
    This new guy is interesting. It was also nice to see all the teamwork.

14. JioFreed

JioFreed

Bounty Points:
    My girl Ochako getting the shine she deserves, A+ chapter :feelsokman:

[​IMG]

Kyaaa :catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush:

This kind of tag team between Uraraka and Shinso to save Deku, i love it :')

Speaking of Shinso...

[​IMG]

Feels :catblush:

lol that predecessor of OFA is something, the Bakugo vibes are strong x3

Too bad the chapter was so short but then again, Horikoshi might need to rest a little so there is that.

Death72 and Luna <3 like this.
  15. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    After seeing what happened in this chapter, I will admit, it is a bit disappointing that it's such a short chapter, although it is right at the end of the year, so I don't blame Horikoshi for producing such a short chapter. But nevertheless, the focus on Ochaco at the beginning was quite nice and seeing Hitoshi use his quirk to help Izuku regain control was pretty good too.

Not to mention, the part with Izuku and one of his predecessors was kind of weird, but also kind of interesting at the same time and I hope we will actually get to know more about this predecessor soon enough. So overall I'd say this was a good chapter.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    TMWRS likes this.
  16. Beky

Bounty Points:
    Horikoshi’s comment for WSJ 6-7 He says “Happy New Year! I’m moving, so I’m in the middle of packing up a mountain of figurines!”

So thats why we have so few pages

JioFreed likes this.
  17. Char Aznable

Char Aznable

Bounty Points:
    only down part is as it was a short chapter i would give it a 4(or 4.5 and thats me being generous)/10
    Ochako good quick thinking but i still hate the character she's annoying i wish this was a seinen series so i can see her die a pitiful death
    Shinsos part was interesting and some development

the rest is meh

18. Name Is C

Name Is C

Bounty Points:
    I would say more breaks, using more CG to make his work easier and he should do some meditation to relax his body. A bit of HIIT training for a day in a week should help with rebuilding his body. Good that he has a large team to make his work easier.

A manga can be finished later then expected but a damaged body will slow you down your entire life, Oda and Horikoshi. Not only that, I will cause depression so that the quality of their work drops significant. They should know when to stop. I guess the writer of Hiatus X Hiatus is probably somewhere in the Bahamas, sipping his (world famous) Bahama Mama Cocktail while taking a nice sunbath.

Chris Mic likes this.
  19. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    What a threat this is, jesus christ

I think Togashi doesn't need to worry about his drawing too much. He focuses more on writing than presentation.

I do agree that Horikoshi needs to take breaks. Oda at least is forced into breaks and he is more passionate than any mangaka on the planet, he's been working since he was 22 and even earlier and now he's 44, he has a determination unlike anyone else. Horikoshi is the one who wants to be like Oda but is unfortunately grounded by reality. And that is why when he takes breaks, it's for ''research'' and not because ''hey guys I draw an amazing manga every week and I'm tired'', and the latter should be the case because he really deserves it both because he earned it and because his quality will grow. I hope he doesn't become a Kishimoto, who, if you look at chapters from early to mid Naruto, they are much MUCH more of high art quality value than late Naruto. Hopefully he gets his big break.

Name Is C likes this.
  20. Name Is C

Name Is C

Bounty Points:
    Looks like I forgot the t of "It". Come on, would you except such a behavior from me?

Chris Mic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice