1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Monkey D. Dragon's Tattoo: The Revolutionary Zodiac

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Vandenreich, Sep 13, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vandenreich

Vandenreich Sanji Bon Chan Robin

Bounty Points:
    Hello once again everyone and welcome back to yet another theory for your entertainment. This time I shall talking about something every has been thing about, Dragon's Tattoo and something other things I found like the Revolutionary Zodiac. Like always people, I'll get straight to the point.

Dragon reminds me of a Native American.

Dragon has a widow's peak and those are extremely common in native Americans. So common that widow's peaks are refereed to as primary native gene.

So yeah.....Dragon's tattoo is a native tribal tattoo. A variation of a feather tattoo at that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Native Americans fought against North America for centuries to liberate and take back their land. Dragon is trying to liberate the world from centuries of oppression by the WG.

Bartholomew Kuma is similar to a native as well.
    http://orojackson.com/threads/monkey-d-dragons-origin-the-creation-of-the-revolutionaries.10137/

Bears are viewed as guardian spirits of the forest. In the link above, I said Kuma was apart of a forest tribe that was burned down(along with the surrounding area) by the WG. Dragon showed up later and took the pain of all of the natives(via Kuma's pain bubble) and lived, prompting Kuma to join the revs.

Another thing that is common with tribes are totems. In the burning island where Bonney was captured by BB, there are totems everywhere.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bonney somehow escaped from Akainu and she was probably saved by Dragon(it was probably this encounter between Akainu and Dragon that prompted the WG to push Akainu so much for the Fleet Admiral seat).

A little off topic, but have you noticed that Dragon mostly shows up where there is fire? He saved the citizens of Gray Terminal from a fire and later saved Sabo from one.

Back on topic, the most well known tribal totem is the Thunderbird.
    [​IMG]

The thunderbird is considered a supernatural bird of power and strength. The thunderbird's name comes from the common belief that the beating of its enormous wings causes thunder and stirs the wind. Across many North American indigenous cultures, the thunderbird carries many of the same characteristics. It is described as a large bird, capable of creating storms and thundering while it flies. Clouds are pulled together by its wingbeats, the sound of thunder made by its wings clapping, sheet lightning the light flashing from its eyes when it blinks, and individual lightning bolts made by the glowing snakes that it carries around with it. In masks, it is depicted as multi-colored, with two curling horns, and, often, teeth within its beak.

Hmm....I wonder if anything like this happened.....
    [​IMG]

Still doubt Dragon has a DF. Some believe that Dragon was flying when he saved Sabo, but in Enies Lobby, it was shown that Geppou can be used to glide across sea water and "levitating", Oda doesn't draw any motion lines around any part of the body except the feet, and we couldn't see Dragon's feet.

HOWEVAH!!!....feathers? birds? Could Dragon be a mythical thunderbird zoan?

Guess what? Native also believe in Dragons. It is called the Piasa.
    [​IMG]

Also known as the Piasa BIRD, it is a Native American dragon depicted in one of two murals painted by Native Americans on bluffs (cliffsides) above the Mississippi River.

Now lets move on to the Native zodiac.
    Month: January
    Sign: Aquarius
    Animal: Otter, Magpie

Otters are playful, prophetic animals. Otter people are creative, and logical. They have high ideals and tend to seek more from others than is reasonable. They seek the truth above all else

Month: February
    Sign: Pisces
    Animal: Wolf, Cougar, Whale

The wolf is graceful, has initiative, and loves freedom. Wolf people are generally very trusting, and generous with deep feelings towards their loved ones. Their ultimate goal is to find and keep love in their life.

Jabra?

Month: March
    Sign: Aries
    Animal: Hawk, Falcon, Wolf

The hawk is a messenger of insight, adaptability and openness. Hawk people aim to initiate and lead, and may be impulsive from time to time. They want to establish individuality while still being accepted by the group.

Month: April
    Sign: Taurus
    Animal: Elk, Beaver

The elk is a strong, handsome and proud animal who can be aggressive if challenged. The beaver is an industrious builder with unlimited patience. Elk people are very industrious and find security through possession. They are eager to discover and possess something which has lasting value.

Month: May
    Sign: Gemini
    Animal: Eagle, Deer

The eagle can see extraordinarily well, is very strong willed, and graceful. Eagle people are great observers, have great intuition and creativity. They try to bring things together and better them through creative actions.

Month: June
    Sign: Cancer
    Animal: Salmon, Woodpecker, Flicker

Salmon strive to return home after a long journey. Salmon people are home-loving, giving and sensitive. They are also very imaginative and sometimes moody. Their goal in life is to live in harmony with the environment.

Month: July
    Sign: Leo
    Animal: Cougar, Salmon, Sturgeon

The cougar is swift, graceful, spontaneous, and determined. Cougar people make great leaders and are courageous, ambitious and determined to succeed. They want to find purpose in life and to dominate what they do best.

Month: August
    Sign: Virgo
    Animal: Owl, Bear

Owls are very observant and sensible. Owl people are intelligent, well spoken and discreet. Their eye for detail often makes them perfectionist. They must cultivate tolerance and optimism.

Fukurou?

Month
    : September
    Sign: Raven, Crow, Dove
    Animal: Libra

The raven is intelligent, cleaver and mystical. Raven people are peace loving, idealistic and charming. They long for harmony in the community and must stay away from uncertainty and inconsistency.

That crow zoan that carried Sabo in Dressrosa? It was probably a raven and a woman.

Month: October
    Sign: Scorpio
    Animal: Snake, Eel

The snake is mysterious, intuitive and is the epitome of transformation. Snake people aim for satisfaction and thrive on praise. They require great self-discipline and will power to control their harsh natures.

Hancock and her sisters?

Month: November
    Sign: Sagittarius
    Animal: Horse, Owl, Elk

The horse is a wise and strong animal which possesses great stamina. Horse people are determined, sincere and understanding. They are also inquisitive, generous and trustworthy.

Month: December
    Sign: Capricorn
    Animal: Bear, Goose

Bears are quiet, swift and very protective of their family. Bear people are cautious, independent and hardworking. They adapt well to new situations and value tradition over technology.

Kuma duh. Kind of ironic that Kuma became technology for the rev's cause....

@Syed D. Master @beck @SMILE @Celestial D. Dragon @Jewish Kaizoku @PrincetonProduction @Baam @KuroNaito @BossYimz @Smoker D Webb @Walreyn @hebilea @Monkey D Theories @ToBeThriller @Ben Beckman @Shirohige Kaizokudan @Chris Mic @Koshimae @AfroKing @WJG12345 @Redache @Meliodas @Sontaran Gaming @MESS @Joalt @Luke @TickTocxk @rodrib74 @ASL @Blazen91 @Blue gear @Capt.SamSellick @Greatest_Takoyaki @inactive @mattiDjankila @Red gunner @Sanzen @Shad D. JaggerJaques @Skater1ooo @L o g i a @Koshimae @Sun Wukong @Conandao @Saiken @Matthew D. Kings @chaps @TensaiAnimation @Akiyousei @nate trace @A7xnighthawk @Buckweed @ewhee- @fenixof2002 @gamergautham @Killumiknight @Monkey D. Daz @theUnkemptHerald @Barbarossa (Red Beard) @D. Revolutionary Dragon @Samurai Jack @akainutheboss @Vegeta @Badass D. Zoro @Juntoci @Gevoles @DemonSlash @Surgeon of Death @'Dark Terror' Shyami ! @Whitey Bay @Alex D Syrus @AzurePhoenix_S12 @Mat D Bizzo @Veritas @Zantos @djiayebee

2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Badass D. Zoro

Badass D. Zoro

Bounty Points:
    Damn, never actually thought of this:eek:.
    Great theory bro!:yaaa:

Kings, Zazhi, L o g i a and 1 other person like this.
  4. Doctor Room

Doctor Room

Bounty Points:
    I was researching Dragon's tattoo..looks like you found something before me...very nice theory,liked it :D
    It is very high possibility that Dragon is thunderbird or something similar..or even that he has animal that is thunderbird.. - remember back in Edd War..something saved Roger..maybe it was that egg ?

5. Syed

Syed Vivi Sanji Bon Chan Robin

Bounty Points:
    Woah that is very interesting :eek: the connection you made for his tatoo is perfect :eek:

Him having a thunderbird fruit is very highly possible :yaaa:

I think his name is based from this and he have a thunder bird fruit :yaaa:

6. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo Vivi Sanji

Bounty Points:
    :eek: i never saw it in this way,..so still to the very end,..Kuma has the Revo's intentions in mind?!!!!!!! Then does this mean, he has a flip switch? Yep..The dragon tatoo connection to the thunder bird.... perfect, he might have that mythical zoan!!!!!

..this is amazing.......nice like always, but i feel as if you cut it short:unsure:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  7. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Awesome and very original and creative theory, I never noticed the parallels of the Plains Wars to One Piece, which is awful considering I'm now studying that period of history!

But hey, I learnt something new; I'm a smexy ol' Cougar :wtf:

I like it!

8. Monkey D Junior

Monkey D Junior

Bounty Points:
    I'm very fascinating your theory Dragon may have Thunderbird Zoan fruit. Great theory

Kings and Zazhi like this.
  9. Zazhi

Zazhi

Bounty Points:
    Nice Theory:D. Ironically I posted in this thread saying I wanted to see a thunderbird zoan in the future:eek:

10. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    I like it. Plus any theory on Dragon having a DF instead of weather haki is welcome in my books

11. Jewish Kaizoku

Jewish Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Huh, maybe, the question is what impact it's going to make I guess then.

12. Vandenreich

Bounty Points:
    Different aint it Zoro? :)

Took me months to find something worth while on the tattoo......

I have no idea what that is inside that eggs....probably just Roger's breakfast...

Cue the sexy saxophone music!

Thunder this, thunder that.....It was about Dragon being a native :booo:

I think Vegapunk is a Revo spy so he might have a way to preserve Kuma's memories.

Glad you liked it L o g I a ! :D ...and I'm a salmon.......

Thanks! What about the native references though?

Yeah...Zaptos....no life for the natives.....

What about the goddamn Native references!!!!??????

No idea which is why I'm still on t he side of Dragon having no DF.

Syed, Slade, Kings and 4 others like this.
  13. Zazhi

Zazhi

Bounty Points:
    What? I wasn't talking about Zapdos LOL:rofl:. I was talking about this, just like you were
    Edit: Could the Native Americans represent the Ancient Kingdom? Is that what you are saying? and the WG, Celestial Dragons represent the Europeans? Sounds plausible. I think you might be right.

Syed, Kings and djiayebee like this.
  14. Go D. Usopp

Go D. Usopp

Bounty Points:
    All I could think of while reading it was "Pell for Falcon" (or Hawk they were the same month anyway I don't remember which he was)

Syed, Kings and Zazhi like this.
  15. Vandenreich

Bounty Points:
    I know I was just making a joke. Thunder bird, Zaptos.....yeah I know I suck.....

Its possible since Ds live best in the wild apparently(Luffy, Ace and Garp).

16. Jaguar D Hustle

Jaguar D Hustle

Bounty Points:
    Very nice theory.

Dragon's tattoo does seem like a NA tattoo, you could even add that it resembles the pattern of the giant snake that the NA based character of OP worshipped.

The statues in the Bonney page seem more like the Tula statues than totem poles, still Native American.

Amazingly, Tula is connected to the Atlantis myths and hypothesis, the name itself is a hint.

I lean more with the wind logia for Dragon theory, but anything is welcomed at the moment.

I made the connection between the Native Americans and the European settlers with the D's and CD in another theory, check it out! :yaaa:

17. Mugiwara Kun

Mugiwara Kun

Bounty Points:
    First things first, I do not believe for one second dragon is based on the native Americans. Anyone can come up with what we think Dragon is based on, I can say he's based on Martin Luther King Jr who fought for justice and equality of blacks against "the corrupt" government, or on Nelson Mandela. We just don't know yet, all this are just speculations.
    Secondly, if you're looking for native Americans, they've been show already. Remember that city that hot sent up to the sky via the knock up stream? (can't remember their names for the life of me and am too tired to go searching), they were based off native Americans due to their skin tone and mode of dressing and also for the fact they fought for the liberation of their land. Can't see Dragon being based off of that given we know his father and his home town.
    Thirdly, I do like the linking with the thunderbird, it's plausible but at this point, it's just see speculations.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2015 ---
    As for the tattoos, we'll, it could just be tattoos. Just don't feel he's based off them.

18. Badass D. Zoro

Badass D. Zoro

Bounty Points:
    Yes.Kind of different.

Zazhi, Syed and Kings like this.
  19. Kings

Kings Vivi Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Well, that was a fun read. I especially like how you used his appearance, surroundings, and weather to tie into the native American culture. Very well put together man. Although, I have to ask, what do you think of this image from sabo's flashback after luffy's fight with doflamingo?

[​IMG]

Slade, Zazhi, Sallucion and 1 other person like this.
  20. Vandenreich

Bounty Points:
    The Atlantis thing is great cause the Ancient Kingdom has a lot of references to it.

About the settlers, this is the moment where you provide a link.....wait I just check your content!

[​IMG]

Kind of...:cyclops:

Well there is lots of "smoke" around indictating heat or a transformation. Or it could be the wind cause I've seen that effect with Sanji and Doflamingo landing(as with people hitting the ground).

Zazhi, Syed, Slade and 1 other person like this.
  21. Slade

Slade Vivi

Bounty Points:
    Great theory. Would be nice to see Dragon having a mythical Zoan. They are rare fruits and the strongest of men possess them so it does fit the bill. Also it does give a different dimension to the Conquerors Haki for weather theory. However I still find that one more believable but this is great too.
    Great references and evidence and it's something different. As expected from your theories. :)

Kings, Zazhi and Syed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.