1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Monet's Whole Cake Island Chapter 851

Monet's made prisoner and brought to Whole Cake Island

Share This Page

1. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    8787NO3Monet submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Monet's Whole Cake Island Chapter 851 - Monet's made prisoner and brought to Whole Cake Island

Click here to read further...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Naomi Rose, Goldfish, Roogy and 34 others like this.
  2. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Great theory man!

Naomi Rose, Roogy, nicolaw_h and 4 others like this.
  3. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    Haha, thank you, it's my first try. :)

Naomi Rose, Goldfish, Roogy and 7 others like this.
  4. Kiejiro

Kiejiro

Bounty Points:
    Pekoms and Tamago are clearly after Ceasar and not Monet. Every point you make from this point onward justifies this.

They were watching Ceasar's broadcast when he displayed his gas weapon. That's how they found him.

She is under Doflamingo's orders to watch Ceasar. When she first came to the island, she had no idea of Ceasar's experiments until he explained them to her. She is not spying on him for BM.

If Kuzan wasn't on the island, this may be questionable, but if he has business with her (let's be honest, we really don't know why he's there), then there's no way Tamago and Pekoms would pick a fight with him over her.

In your reappearance section, I believe the snowman with the crown is supposed to be a nod to monet.

My favorite part was the correlation between carrot and monet. I like the sound of Carrot being a spy, but her character seems so genuine unlike Pudding.

Naomi Rose, Roogy, Beli Rich and 5 others like this.
  5. 4xdblack

4xdblack

Bounty Points:
    Actually I already stated in a previous theory that this was the most likely future for Monet. It was in my wholecake island predictions and theories thread. I figure if she is going to reappear in the story at all, wholecake island will be when and where. Glad you agree.

but as a former monet fan... I kinda hope she's dead just for the possibility of Carrot eating her devil fruit :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Naomi Rose, Roogy, Beli Rich and 3 others like this.
  6. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    I apologize, i really thought no one made a theory like that. :S

What i'm suppose to do in that time?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 1, 2016 ---

It makes perfect sense to me and i feel like you too, if she doesn't appear in WCI, i will start mourning. lol;(;(;(;(

Naomi Rose, Roogy, Beli Rich and 4 others like this.
  7. riddly890_..

riddly890_..

Bounty Points:
    Seriously, what's so great about Monet?The character that i would like to be still alive is Vergo.He was such a badass,while Monet was just a harpi,with a touching ending,but still not as good as Vergo

8. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    I guess it's a matter of perspective, if you think thousands of people like Monet, then there may be good points to
    her that you can look over. ^^ :D

I really liked Vergo too , i beleive he's not dead as well, but that's another theory

Naomi Rose, Roogy, Beli Rich and 2 others like this.
  9. riddly890_..

riddly890_..

Bounty Points:
    So what's the reason??

10. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    Oh, so you want me to give them to you, instead of searching for them by rereading the manga and pay a close attention specially to Monet, i guess it would be annoying.

Ok let me like a day and i will give you a detailed post as to what's so good about Monet.

Cause now i just posted this theory after working 5 hours on it and i'm pretty tired, so just relaxing.

11. KurashikiA

KurashikiA

Bounty Points:
    About your theory I specially like 2 things: chapter 851, we know that Oda likes to play with numbers, and the possiblity of Carrot being a spy or at least us not knowing everything about her character.
    Jinbe's first appearance was on chapter 528, that's why him reappearing on 825 was a possibility. It didn't happen (wasn't this the short chapter because Oda's sickness?) but it was really close.
    Again, numbers.
    [​IMG]

I made this a few weeks ago, if the color pattern is right then Monet's color would be spring green, completing the female nakama triangle (3-7-11); that's why Franky foreshadowing the 8 of 851 could make sense.
    [​IMG]

Naomi Rose, Roogy, Beli Rich and 6 others like this.
  12. nacrose

nacrose

Bounty Points:
    I get it u are a die hard monet fan, you are tagging this to all other monet fans, why the hell would you tag me in this post....
    I am a genuine monet hater, i dont contribute anything to this disvussion whatsoever except pissing off other fans....

Monet till her last breath followed doffy and was ready to die for his sake and died in the process too, yeah DIED and went to pink heaven where there are flammingoes flying everywhere
    and they all wear glasses....good for her...

13. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:

That was a close call for Jinbe indeed. o.o
    You're right he did play on numbers before, even if 851 makes sense it's still a wild guess. haha^^

In the latest chapter she saved Nami's life, but again she can be part good part bad. I don't know, that innocence seems too easy to play, she seems a too good character to be just that type.

Yeah he definetly wears Monet's color there and he's the 8 member, i don't know. XD

Your circle is very interesting.^^ :)
    Magenta would be perfect for Caesar. :D

14. nacrose

nacrose

Bounty Points:
    She tried to kill everyone with chemical bomb in punk hazard including all those poor little sick children, you might want to keep that in mind before saying shit like she tried to save those kids
    earlier....

15. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    I figured you couldn't help yourself on bashing and sooner or later you would come here and make a comment, so why not tag you? :D

Even if you're a Monet hater, that doesn't mean i hate you. O.o

And if your pleasure is to piss people off, then i hope you really enjoy it, cause else it would look miserable. :D
    Let's pity the poor children because they are so cute and innofensive right? :)

16. nacrose

nacrose

Bounty Points:
    Well my comments about monet just pisses off monet fans coz they cant take monet died...
    I dont hate u either, u are just different than me thats all...

I am not pitying those shitty brats coz punk hazard would have been lot better wiyhout them...
    I am just stating monet us evil coz she helped caeser drug those kids, experiment on brownbeard's men and eventually tried to kill them all including those kids

Naomi Rose, Roogy, tj3995 and 3 others like this.
  17. 8787NO3Monet

8787NO3Monet

Bounty Points:
    You should make a theory about it cause 3/4 of what you're saying is pure speculations.^^

If there is some biased Monet fans, you're also biased on her being pure evil. :)

Did you even read my theory? lol

18. nacrose

nacrose

Bounty Points:
    Why dont u enlighten me on why she is not evil....

No i didnt read this theory coz i dont believe she is alive in the first place... Fot this theory to make any sense, monet needs to be alive....

And if monet is alive by any chance, good for u, bad for me , coz i dont like her....

U like her so u only see her good side, if there is one in the first place..
    I dislike her so i see only bad side of her, there is no neutral ground...

Naomi Rose, Roogy, tj3995 and 3 others like this.
  19. Law Heartstrong

Law Heartstrong

Bounty Points:
    Haha Monet coming back in this arc would be like the cherry on top of the cake! (Pun intended! ;))
    I mean we all know Oda's full of surprises so why not? :D Like, who woulda thought Sabo would be back in Mingo's arc? (I know I always wished for Sabo's return, just like many other fans did, but not everyone felt the same...)
    Btw if I may ask bro, what made you become a 'former' Monet fan :eek:? Is it because of Carrot? Cuz I LOVE Carrot too!! (I want her to join the strawhats soooo bad!). The thing is, there's enough space in my heart for both Carrot and Monet to join the crew :p!
    Great to talk to a dedicated One Piece theorist! Do tag me when you come up with your next material! :yaaa::yaaa:
    I feel you brah:fist::fist:! Vergo's badassery was on another level!!!!!! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

But if he does ever come back, I hope it doesn't happen before he receives a major power-up ! I mean he's f*ckin strong already, no doubt about it... But during his last fight against Law, Law proved to be A LOT stronger than Vergo (Vergo had an avantage), and I think Vergo's return would be underwhelming if Vergo came back with the same power level as before :whatever: :pain:. I want the new Vergo to present a decent level of threat against Law and Luffy without an advantage! :punch:
    But yeah, Vergo is one of the most badass characters ever :8D:!!!!!!! :yaaa:

...However, I wouldn't dismiss Monet as a boring character just yet :stop:! One of the things I liked about her was her interactions with Law and Luffy. The way I see it, Monet wasn't hostile towards Law and Luffy.
    In the case of Law, she enjoyed taunting him, and given Law's repressed yearning for fun things (as seen when Law interacts with Luffy's crew :lmao:), I think Monet suspected that Law was just putting up a facade and isn't actually as ruthless as he looks.
    In the case of Luffy, Monet's fight against him was pretty funny (at least I though it was a funny fight :p) and Monet even complimented Luffy. If Baby 5 could be rehabilitated and join the ''good guys'', I think Monet can, too. But regardless if Monet remains an enemy, I would enjoy her return nonetheless :lol:.

Also Monet was such an important part of Mingo's crew, right? Yet Oda gave us barely a peek into her past and her motivations, whereas most of the other members of the crew received a decent amount of attention/explanation as to why they were so loyal to Mingo. Oda may have done that on purpose, leaving Monet's backstory for later, perhaps in order to give her character some other role later on in the story.
    Interestingly, in an SBS (volume 77), Oda revealed that :
    ''
    Corazon is 2 years younger than Doflamingo. He died at the age of 26. So Sugar and Monet would end up joining after this incident. These two were rescued from an extremely misfortunate environment by Doflamingo himself, and as sisters aged 9 and 17, they resolved to throw their lives away if it were for the sake of the Family. They were provided with Devil Fruits after joining. You see, Doflamingo is very observant of the "environments" that people grow up in.
    ''
    I know a lot of One Piece fans who don't read the manga and certainly haven't heard about this particular revelation by Oda in an SBS, so I'm sure Oda assumes a good deal of his fans don't know about it. Oda just had to give these surprising details in an SBS because a fan asked him, so I guess it's possible Oda's planning to reveal this stuff officially in the manga when Monet comes back :D!

Lastly, I can't forget Monet's hilarious reaction here :
    [​IMG]
    She's weak to compliments! :lmao:
    Idk I think she's pretty interesting :lol:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016 ---
    At this point I'm just gonna stop pretending, lay back and let you guys do the heavy lifting brain gymnastics :tongueclosed:... I'm trying reaally hard to channel my inner ''One Piece detective'', but I feel like anything I'll come up with will just sound idiotic..... :lmao:
    One Piece is definitely smth else tho cuz it seems to attract the fans with the highest IQs in the manga community :rofl::rofl:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016 ---
    Hey breh! I actually enjoyed reading your thoughts on Monet and the likelihood of her comeback, cuz it gives us an insight into why many other people might not expect/enjoy Monet's return. :yaaa:
    You've clearly stated your reasons for not liking Monet, and I admit, even as a One Piece fanboy, I don't like all One Piece characters to the same degree. :)
    However, as far as characters dying officially and then returning, there are lots of precedents in One Piece, most notably Sabo. ;)

Don't get me wrong tho, I realize the burden of proof lies with anyone who makes a theory ((btw I'm just a passive observer :pompus: who wishes he could write theories by himself :lmao:)), not the other way around, so you do have a point when you say Monet's dead. No one can prove you wrong, cuz she is officially dead.

But again, so was Sabo until a while ago. :8D:

Please read my previous post in this thread where I mentioned little known details about Monet's backstory. It seems to me Oda deliberately kept most of his readers in the dark about Monet's backstory and motivations for following Mingo to the death.

And you know what? If Monet does come back, it's likely that Oda will develop her character to its full potential, and then you might change your opinion about her being evil to the core ;)

20. nacrose

nacrose

Bounty Points:
    I mean if monet backstory was that important then why not show it on manga....why sbs? Idk, maybe its not important...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice