Sports Mix Martial Arts and Boxing

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Shishio, May 10, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Shishio

Shishio

Bounty Points:
    It really surprised me that there isn't a single Mix Martial arts thread on this forum like there is one for Pro Wrestling, there is one for NBA, I believe there is one for NFL.

This is a thread for any people who like to watch or practice Martial Arts. Talk about your favorite Martial Arts, the martial arts you are currently or have ever practiced, the Martial Art companies like UFC, Bellator MMA etc you guys like to watch, and your Favorite Martial Arts and just about everything else.

Let me describe my back ground as a Martial Artist
    • I started doing Tae Kwon Do when I was in 2nd Grade and did that shit for 6 years and I went as far as getting Green Belt with Blue Stripe (If I remember correctly)
    • Then I took a break from active Martial Arts Practice until Fresh Man year of my college when I joined University Judo and Jui Jutsu Club as well as MMA Club
    • Right now I have a brown belt in Judo and blue belt in Jiu Jitsu.
    • On top of it, I also practice Boxing and Muay Thai for my stand up game
    My favorite Martial Artist of all time Period is Bruce Lee even though he never had a truly televised Martial Arts Match

Currently the most entertaining martial artist for me to watch is obviously Conor McGregor (Even though he did some dumb shit recently).

But on an all time scale my favorites Mix Martial artist of all time are Fedor Emelianenko, Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva and George St Pierre

Favorite Boxers include Mohammad Ali, Smokin Joe Frazier, Mike Tyson and Naseem Hamed

@Major Lee Hung @Yaksha @Den_Den_Mushi @Dragomir @Kagura @Hio @Topi Jerami -->Just to get this thread started lol

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. Iram Coercere

Iram Coercere

Bounty Points:
    There is an ufc thread..

3. Shishio

Shishio

Bounty Points:
    This is more general martial arts thread not just UFC or MMA alone.

4. Iram Coercere

Iram Coercere

Bounty Points:
    If you say so. .

5. Shishio

Shishio

Bounty Points:
    eh it will get moved or deleated anyways.

Yaksha likes this.
  6. Yaksha

Yaksha

Bounty Points:
    I don’t do any martial arts or anything like that, but I can take a hit and y bob and weave game straight. Plus my hands kinda quick, and it’s served me pretty good so far lol

7. Deleted member 26903

Deleted member 26903 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Neither can i do MA nor fight in general.

I am one shot material. :catpole:

Btw, here...One of my favourite MA videos...

8. Shishio

Shishio

Bounty Points:
    Lol Tai Chi and Akidi are two of the biggest forms of bullshito out there. They are not gonna do you any favors at all in mma octagon or in the street

Deleted member 26903 likes this.
  9. Skye

Skye

Bounty Points:
    I don't watch boxing that much but did anyone see the Lomachenko fight last night? That dude is special.

10. Ubermensch

Ubermensch

Bounty Points:
    GGG got robbed once again! I had the fight 8-4 in his favor. Admittedly most of the rounds were close and it was much more of an even matchup than their last fight but given the context, I'm very disappointed. Had it been their first clash, a draw would have been acceptable, leaving us hungry for rematch. Glovokin's career has simply been tainted because of poor judges.

11. Sundown

Sundown

Bounty Points:
    There was no robbery.

115-113 was the right call. I had it at that or perhaps even 116-112.

The only way GGG wins is if you give him the majority of the close rounds, of which there were many, and I don't think that's justifiable considering the smaller man was pressing the action and landing the cleaner, better shots.

Yes, GGG's jab was money, but jabs don't win fights, they secure dominance, but you can't dominate unless you're winning the fight.

GGG should have done more to warm up in the back before coming out because the old motor took 8 rounds to wake up, by which time Canelo was up 6-2 or perhaps even 7-1.

The last rounds were definitely GGG's, with the lone exception of R12 perhaps, but Canelo cleared the path to victory early, and that's why GGG's own coach told him he was losing and needed to knock him out.

12. Ubermensch

Ubermensch

Bounty Points:
    Abel Sanchez told Golovkin he's behind to motivate him and go for the KO, since it was obvious from the first fight that all close rounds go to Canelo for whatever reason. In my eyes it's no surprise that out of 18 media score cards, only one backed up Canelo's win. Rewatched the fight with a bud and it's impossible to give Canelo 7 rounds. Might be that it was politically fueled since most of his decision wins show a clear bias towards Alvarez. Boxing's "Golden Boy" atm, no doubt!

It's true the last fight left a bitter taste in my mouth(like most boxing fans) so I'm gonna wait and see what the pros think of the call.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice