Anime Series Megalo Box

Discussion in 'Completed Anime Series Discussion' started by Riley Escobar, Jan 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Episode 3 is out but I can't watch it until tomorrow ;(

2. novaselinenever

novaselinenever Best Dad!

Bounty Points:
    Another great episode. The animation and direction in this one was god-tier.
    [​IMG]

That opening scene with Nanbu was interesting. Really excited to see his past and what made him the sleazy Nanbu we know (and love lol)

3. Hiken_no_Esu

Hiken_no_Esu

Bounty Points:
    E3

-We see Joe starting at 257, dead bottom. The best way to go about it imo!
    -Yuri's training was pretty cool. I thought it was very interesting to see the effect Joe has had on him already.
    -At least another two scars on Joe's face xD we need more...
    -Loved the way he stood up for those brats.
    -I was hoping the training would happen soon. It did this ep and was done extremely well.
    -I'm liking Sachio, seems to know his stuff - the gaki's pretty cool

NOT DEAD YET.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2018 ---
    Like a perfect coalescence of those two bro! :catsalute:
    HELL. YES.

Dazai and PurplePandaSage22 like this.
  4. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    Episode 3 is really smooth action wise but also storywise and ofc they are going the route of the thug from the slums inspiring the riff raff.Its always lovely to see this.
    JD showed us he wasn't just good with the gears and he is genuinely talented without it.Implying the Nanbu's troubled past.

It aint a good boxing anime if it doesnt have training
    :catblush::catblush::catblush:

Hiken_no_Esu and Dazai like this.
  5. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Really love how we're focusing on the city and individual characters more than just boxing. Exactly what I wanted.

6. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    I just started with this animu and watched the first two episodes. Another one is remaining.

Would just like to share some thoughts about how I think it was a good investment of time because this animu is great. The main character is a rowdy underdog who has his own set of values and he doesn't care for money except longs for an exciting fight. The setting and the premise of the story gave me a Cowboy Bepop kinda feeling or reminded me of one of those old indie film. A main character who likes to ride motor cycles and loves to fight! Simple yet very enthralling. Love how beautifully they have shown the segregation of the society like a ghetto part and a rich part. As for the megalo boxing, what to say. At first it kinds seemed weird with that machines attached but Yuri's gadget was sleek and now I am getting used to it. I just can't wait to see what comes next!

7. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    If you loved this kind of anime boxing
    I cant recommend Hajime No Ippo enough.It's about an underdog as well but he isn't a rowdy like JD but just a shy dude .The boxing scenes are amazing there and also the training montages are the best in any anime I have seen

:catblush::catblush::catblush:
    Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet :catrude:

8. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    I would try it but the length is intimidating! 120 volumes and 100+ episodes! :catcry:

9. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Watch episode 3 soon Kagu!! [:3]
    I really liked your thoughts on the series so far ^^ The series does seem very simple and while it might get a bit more complex it'll be great either way. The atmosphere is so perfect for the city they're living in. The animation and all of the music fits the plot so well. Nothing but praise for the animu as of now and to add something else that's kind of random; I love the first four seconds of the ED song xD

10. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    Haha try the anime 1st
    s1 is The Fighting is 76 episodes
    s2 is New Challenger is around 24
    and s3 rising the final adapted season is also around 24
    I promise you won't regret it if you do give it a chance

11. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    Oh yes! I forgot to mention the music used in the series. It's upbeat and hip hop. Matches the situation perfectly. I always have the tendency to skip the OP so I don't know. Should I watch it too? :eek:

I don't mind the situation getting more complicated during the Megalo boxing since it's the main core of the whole series and expecting a lot of things to get revealed during that time. But they did a good job in showing us the setting outside of the arena too! Can't wait to watch episode 3. Also have some other things to watch like Golden Kamuy and Overlord hueheuhuehue xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2018 ---
    I know how awesome the animu is! Madhouse production right? I have watched few titbits here and there and hence put it in my bucket list. But I'm just worried that it's a huge commitment to make atm .-.

12. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    Yeah its a madhouse production and its worth your time if you ever get into it
    :catblush::catblush:

13. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    I approve this anime!

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  14. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    I'm not sure about the opening, I know this is the kind of op I'll like once I've heard it more but right now it's kinda average for me. Well anyhow you can probably decide for yourself whether you like it enough not to skip it xD The ED on the other hand is really great. Don't skip that ^^
    Off-topic but I wish One Piece still had ED songs at the end of episodes. I don't really watch the anime anymore but this might be an inkling for me to do so. Would also mean that long intro's could be shortened~

I'd really like lots of focus on the City Joe lives in. I think there's loads of potential if they explore the environment more than just having boxing and nothing else. If there's less boxing it'll also be more hype each time we get to see Joe knock someone down :D

15. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    Another great episode.

Gearless Joe is epitome of hype lol. The intro of it was so fucking cool. I guess, it was kind of predictable since Nanbu wanted to hype him up as quick as possible haha. However, I was expecting them to focus on the tech side of Megalo Box with Sacchio, but it looks like it won't be for now.

That cliffhanger though :steef:

Hiken_no_Esu and Dazai like this.
  16. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    We’re getting nanbus old boxer vs joe so early. This should be great.
    Did anyone catch what Joes ranking is?

Hiken_no_Esu and novaselinenever like this.
  17. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    No doubt. He has an interesting scar around one of his eyes. And Nanbu was kind of stressed.

I love suited up Nanbu lol.

102nd.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  18. Hiken_no_Esu

Hiken_no_Esu

Bounty Points:
    E4
    -"Gearless" Joe is quite a fitting title indeed! I like the approach of going into the early fights like this.
    -One of the best aspects for me about this anime (apart from the obvious - art and music) is its unpredictability, which was again evident in this ep and especially in the fight.
    -The team dynamic is also fantastic. We can really see a a bond forming between the three.
    -Woah, that cliffhanger!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Dazai likes this.
  19. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Really loved everything between nanbu and his former pupil. A lot of his pain and anxiety was shown visually rather than explained outright and this was great. It worked so well with the music enforcing the atmosphere.

The fight itself was orchestrated nicely. Joe won through a combination of resilience and persistence. Eventually his opponent leg gave out despite him being ranked 17th. It all made sense and didn’t feel like he had a massive jump in strength or anything. He applied everything nanbu had taught him and kept his ground. The trash talk was on point and his smile is savage. Loving this anime.

20. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    This anime reminds me of Real Steel.
    Such as skill will be better than the best technology can offer and the poor > the rich later on in the story.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice