Anime Series Megalo Box

Discussion in 'Completed Anime Series Discussion' started by Riley Escobar, Jan 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Episode 2 was pretty good. Loved the name reveal in the end. For longtime Ashita no Joe fans this was probably a great moment. Not sure how similar this is to the original though.

So far this really looks like it ticks all the boxes to be a classic in the making. It has a great and memorable soundtrack, the animation looks different from anything else that is airing right now and our protag Joe is just great.

2. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    2 episodes are out and I love this show so much already. The 2nd episode was great. This show is definitely my favorite of the season so far after Steins;Gate. The OP and ED were both great. Loved the OP more though. But man, the soundtrack of this show is phenomenal. Simply amazing. The Joe name drop was a nice moment. Loving the M.C so far. Yuri seems like an interesting character too.

Really looking forward to watching more of this every week.

3. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I was so glad when he was revealed to not be a simple brute. This character could have easily been a silent, insanely strong puppet of the owner but seems like he has his own will and he's not even unlikeable. Great!

4. Deleted member 10852

Deleted member 10852 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Honestly tho, I didn't think he would turn out to be a simple brute haha. But yeah, glad that wasn't the case. Would have been a bit cliche xD Yuri vs Joe fight in the end should be pretty amazing. Looking forward to the training now tho :D

5. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
  6. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Bounty Points:
    I liked Cowboy Bebop though :blobthink:

I will probably start this when I finish Violet Evergarden. I will reserve my verdict till then. I mean if the episode can kick start the plot from the get go, animation shouldn't really matter to me. Except when the plot is really slow and animation and side story is the only major focus, then yeah, I might shun it :vonFlame:

7. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    If you criticise the animation I'll sleep with your waifu!!

8. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    As a fan of Hajime No Ippo
    that punch Junk Dog throws in Episode one was animated eerily like this

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. novaselinenever

novaselinenever Best Dad!

Bounty Points:
    Nanbu > All

Best character so far but what a piece of shit lol.

10. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Gotta love Nanbu man. Don't go calling the guy who got Joe into Megalonia a piece of shit!! xD
    I think it's great to get a character like him whose already received lots of focus and development. He may be trash but I don't think he'll sell Joe out in the future and I really like the dynamic they have. Even though Joe punched him out of the ring in episode one he doesn't hold it against him xD Nanbu is greatness!

Hiken_no_Esu and novaselinenever like this.
  11. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    My apologies.

He really is the man and by piece of shit, him selling Joe out never crossed my mind lol.

Their dynamic is amazing and he really stands out. An amazing character. When he was talking with Joe about accepting his life, it looked like he was trying to convince himself about it as much as Joe.

" Listen up, guys like us, we don't get to think about tomorrow. " - Nanbu the man.

Hiken_no_Esu and Dazai like this.
  12. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Nanbu is totally gonna end the series sitting on mountains of cash with a girl on each of his arms and a glass of the finest wine in his hand. Sleazy coaches are the best xD Do you think the "training" will just be boxing matches or perhaps something different like a master/student trip to the mountains? I'm not sure which I would prefer but I think this series should explore more of the world than just the tournament. The city they live in looks really interesting ^^
    I don't want Nanbu to be something cliché like an ex boxing champ that no one knows about anymore. It's alright if he use to be a boxer though. So far he doesn't help Joe get stronger or even train him at all. He just has the guy throw fights for money. How does anyone still bet on Joe btw? He made it sound like he loses every fight :D
    Arsenal will beat Atletico, if you think otherwise I can take some of your bounty points after the game :coolpink:

Nanbu gives me hope for more dynamic characters in this series. Even that girl who has Yuri on a leash will probably be really cool or at least have great development.

13. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    He'll deserve it lol. Man gotta live like a King after paying his debt and getting Joe on top of the world.

They really are great when well done. He stands out from most sleazy coaches and is really endearing, at least to me haha.

Both would be great and I think we could get both. The usual "training" and fights, with that instead of master/student trip to moutains I think we could get a trip/adventure linked to the Megalo box technology. They can explore the world that way while getting Joe ready because 3 month ain't going to cut it if he still fight with that junk lol.

They struck a good balance with how the fight went were he got rekt but also managed to score a win by making Yuri use his right hand. So I'm not too worried. Hopefully, we get both.

I'm really interested in the megalo technology. A great add-on to the boxing background and the fight just made it more intriguing. The way he used his right hand, seemed like it was a reflex from the arm itself. Yuri seemed surprised by it.

He's probably an old coach or boxer but an ex champ or genius would be a bit disappointing. I would buy it though and be happy since I love Nanbu lol. The dude deserve it hahaha.

lol Nanbu is probably a top-tier hype man. Every new fight, he sells him like a dude that's back for his revenge. He shows off the first round and then the bet starts coming in.

Yep, that girl is really interesting. Her and the company story might be something we'll get soon. Probably a dead father and some stuff like that haha.

Also the dude that takes care of Joe's injuries is someone I hope we keep seeing. He really stood out for me.

You never learn, do you lol. Come at me in the football thread. Wouldn't mind taking some more of your bounty points. :madmonk:

14. sakuza

sakuza

Bounty Points:
  15. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    This show off to a good start eh, I might get into it for this season then. Does it have any stylistic similarities to other anime?

16. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Stylistically (never used that word before) it’s very similar to cowboy bebop ^^

17. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    It definitely gives me Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo vibes. The art, animation, gritty atmosphere, music etc. Old-anime feels.

18. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Bounty Points:
    Is this show worth watching so far?

19. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    The 1st two episodes have been somewhat slow as mostly set up
    but we were briefly teased with the boxing scene that has been somewhat good
    I say give it a go if your into sports manga or boxing manga's

20. novaselinenever

Bounty Points:
    Definitely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice