Fights & Battles Meaning Behind Luffy's Fights !!

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Salah Eddine, Aug 11, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Who among Yonko, Luffy will defeat 1 v 1 in a fair Fight and prove he is finally a Top Tier/PK ?!

1. "Red-Haired" Shanks

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. "Blackbeard" Marshall D. Teach

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. "Big Mom" Charlotte Linlin

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. "100 Beasts" Kaido

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Salah Eddine

Salah Eddine

Bounty Points:
    Hi guys, you can say that this is kinda a Theory or an Idea of mine that i think might be True

Luffy had many fights against countless opponents from various places and factions and levels ...... etc
    But the ones that really stand out and were Major Ones (Arc Villain) are: (Basically Strongest Major Villains)
    Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moriah, Doflamingo & Katakuri

What i noticed is that in almost all these Fights, Luffy's Wins are never Satisfying & Questionable:
    • Crocodile was clearly Superior to Luffy, the latter simply got Super Lucky
    • Enel was also much more powerful than Luffy, but due to Rubber Weakness, Luffy won
    • Moriah was clearly Superior to Luffy, it's just that he was nerfed and it wasn't Luffy who delivered the Final Blow (Castle Saved him)
    • Doflamingo's fight is discussed a lot, and Luffy clearly got a lot of help to defeat Doflamingo
    • Lucci is the only one who matched Luffy, and it was a balanced fight and ended in Luffy claiming Victory
    So what's the meaning of all this ?! can't Luffy have a Fair Fight ??!!
    Well i think that Oda did this on purpose, because Luffy is getting stronger all the time, so if all his Opponents matched him and were his Equal, it will become just like Dragon Ball and destroys the whole point of the story where Luffy faces Dangers bigger than himself and survives

Lucci was the only fair and balanced fight, because it showed us where Luffy really stand in Power Level Pre TS, so the question is, what's the meaning of the others fights ?! how does Luffy wants to become Strongest & PK and he never defeats the Big Shots fairly ??!!
    I think Oda answered this question by introducing Katakuri !!!

Katakuri is introduced as The Perfect Guy, this was no coincidence, he clearly represents something, specially due to his Bounty being highest at the time, his DF being very similar to Luffy's ...... etc

Katakuri was clearly a Milestone, a fight to prove Luffy's Worth, i noticed that Katakuri's share similarities with all those Villains i mentioned:
    • He can't be touched and Luffy needed to figure out a solution just like how Crocodile was back at Alabasta
    • He have superior CoO compared to Luffy just like Enel was back at Skypia
    • Luffy had a Time Limit just like when he fought against Moriah
    • Katakuri is awakened User just like Doflamingo and also have CoC (King's Quality)
    So basically Luffy by defeating Katakuri finally proved his worth and destroyed all past debates about his past fights, now he is clearly stronger than everyone he fought against before (The ones he defeated them not Admirals and Mihawk ... etc ofc)
    And as proof of that Luffy got a Huge Bounty and is considered as Yonko Candidate (Fifth Emperor)
    And don't forget what Crocodile in Impel Down, he mentioned Silver Medalists and included himself and introduced them as the ones who are only surpassed by like of Roger & WB (In other Words Top Tiers)

What i'm trying to say here is that Luffy by defeating Katakuri, proved his worth and how strong he is and that he is finally a Top Silver Medalist who will now aim to become a Gold Medalist and fight Yonko (Fifth Emperor)

Based on this, i think maybe the same thing will happen with Yonko & Top Tiers !!! maybe Luffy will have Help in defeating Most of Them but Finally EOS he will fight a fair 1 v 1 fight and Win Alone, finally proving himself to be Top Tier and PK
    If you ask me, i'm confident this guy will be Shanks

Sorry for long post, what do you guys think ?

Jo_Ndule, kiiro94 and The Deity like this.
  2. Beky

Beky Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Why are you ignoring all plot point that allowed to Luffy to defeat Katakuri?

• Merienda
    • Brulle
    • Self Wounding
    If you ask me they way i say it pretty much this : Luffy isn't ready to take the big dogs because of the difference in expirience. Which isn't something bad. I mean look at Shin vs Riboku or Deku vs Chisaki. Luffy is 20 i believe , Doffy and Kata are like 40. They are years of expirience ahead of Luffy so naturally they will be better fighters. Oda introducing a weak flaws to Luffy's enemies is his way of bringing them down to Luffy's level

Jo_Ndule, Kuroemon and Tartan Owl like this.
  3. kiiro94

kiiro94

Bounty Points:

Well it was 2 rounds vs Katakuri, the first one he lost due running and the second one he won.

Merienda does not have much to do. I mean, both got more energy by eating. Brulee was the reason he lost since he ran. And self wounding has nothing to do since he did it because he damaged Luffy the same way thanks to Flamble.

The second time, it was a fair fight.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2018 ---
    Great argument.

Yes, IMO it will be Teach.

4. Beky

Beky Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    No it was 3 rounds

1st round ended with Merienda

2nd round ended with Luffy running

3rd round ended with K.O.

Merienda has a lot of to do with the victory. It was a plot device that allowed Luffy to discover the secret of Katakuri and his power. Saying it has not much to do is wrong on my levels

Another falacy. Self Wounding was a problem because Katakuri wanted to kill Luffy only to revert being a "friend" to him. At that point fight lost a major factor which was the one of Death Match.

Even if you don't take all of that into consideration you still have the fact Katakuri is a pirate that wanted a "fair fight" even tho Luffy himself said it isn't his fault but rather Luffy's because he failed to dodge the shot of Flampe.

And people love to overuse that plot point of Flampe wounding Luffy as a justification that Katakuri had "leverage" but when you spin the tables Luffy had the same shit against Cracker and Katakuri yet no one cared.

People do like the spin the narative in their favour a lot

Ah yes --- a fair fight only on one side - Katakuri's

Jo_Ndule likes this.
  5. Redx

Redx

Bounty Points:
    What exactly is the point of this thread? "Meaning behind Luffy's fights" ??? The title doesn't seem to have anything to do with your post. You kept talking about how Luffy didn't have a fair fight. What kind of nonsense is this? Thats just how you create dramatic stakes. By creating complex situations for the characters to get out of. Thats how you write action stories.

It's like you're only looking at things through the lens of "power" like someone who spends too much time in vs forums.

Luffy didn't win because of plot.

6. Awakened light

Awakened light

Bounty Points:
    I don’t actually think there was correlation between previous fights and the most recent

I knew back at the tea a party Luffy needed to legitimately be considered a threat to someone like Katakuri before hoping to challenge top tiers at full strength

He took the YC1 step within the confides of Oda’s story, and through the same means will continue to take logical steps in strength
    To cut out plot is to cut out the story’s existence, and due to plot everything that has happened up till now exist..

I guess I’d say the meaning behind the fights are to show his growth in strength; to symbolize how hard he’s worked to become the freest man on the seas and the steps he’d taken obtain his goal

7. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    no one,he wont fight shanks..cant defeat BM or kaido in 1v1 right now...you can say there is BB but i doubt he wil fight him ... dont think he is the enemy to defeat

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  8. ashfr

ashfr

Bounty Points:
    I can't even imagine the dismal state of the Crocodile fight if Luffy knew Haki. So much for that gorgeous first loss, so much for Mizu Luffy and the bloodied hand, so much for Robin saving him.

Enel being so much stronger than seemingly just about everyone on the island and yet losing to that one guy who was stuck in a snake's stomach - because RUBBER, was the whole fun of it. Imagine if Law didn't help defeat Doflamingo, his sworn enemy, at all.

All that being said - aside from Flampe, I liked the Katakuri fight anyway, nice character development and probably the single most gorgeous looking fight in the series if nothing else.

The.D.itself likes this.
  9. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Maybe BM!? Like one arc after Wano!! Can't be certain cuz she may come to Wano so if not her then it has to be BB who should be at that point the strongest emperor...

10. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    Nah...defeating yonko is not something which cant be done in few chapters..oda needs a whole arc we wont get for BM again.

11. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    When did I say BM is gonna be defeated in few chapters?

12. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    yes you did say an arc which i said wont happen as of now since we already had WCI and also got the things needed i.e. prestige and plot(phone-glyph)

13. BOCCHI

BOCCHI Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Few chapters = an arc in your opinion!!

Either way, there's nothing to say she ain't coming back... and it's heavily implied she might be fighting Luffy soon after Kaido.. and things haven't been resolved around her.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2018 ---
    BM is not out of the story yet

14. Sanji W. Smoke

Sanji W. Smoke

Bounty Points:
    I think Bb is sure shot but he will have more like a friendly match with Shanks before his big fight with BB in which he will be able to match Shanks pretty well proving he is new top tier.

15. Jo_Ndule

Jo_Ndule

Bounty Points:
    There won't be
    Maybe BB at the end

Shanks will be a good matchup but yeah they won't fight

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice