Gameplay Mafia General Discussion

Discussion in 'Oro Jackson Mafia' started by Ruffles, Jun 12, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Ruffles

Ruffles

Bounty Points:
    mafia_banner.png

Some of you may know what kind of game mafia is and some may not know, I was thinking of hosting a round here but before I start on planning stuff I need to know if enough people are interested.

Also those who are not familiar with mafia don't worry, I'll help as much as I can to help you understand

Sign up thread - http://orojackson.com/threads/mafia-round-1-one-piece-sign-ups.1435/

Game Rules
    Rules:
    1. Every player will be given a role from the host (me) through PM. On your role you will either be a member of the Mafia, Town, or a 3rd party (with slight variations depending on themes).

2. Each player will also be given a role or a special ability that can be used during the night or day phases.

3. Lynches and Unlynches must be in bold in order to be counted. Unvoting before casting a new vote is not necessary, but a good habit nonetheless. (e.g. Unlynch, lynch Ruffeh).

4. The player with the most lynches by the end of the day will be lynched. In case of a tie the day will end without a lynch/no lynch.

5. You may vote No Lynch. (e.g. Vote No Lynch) If a majority votes No Lynch, the day will end without a lynch.

6. After your death scene has been posted, you may not post again until the end or if you are revived.

7. You're not allowed to quote personal messages from the host. Communication with the Host is not to be used as part of the gameplay. Pretending to quote the Host is punishable too.

8. It's FORBIDDEN to discuss the game outside of the thread, unless specifically stated by your role. If you see anyone talking about Mafia outside of the thread please notify the host, DO NOT respond anyone trying to talk to you about the game, and simply report them.

9. If a situation arises where these rules are ambiguous or incomplete in any way, what the Host says will go. If you have any questions or comments, please PM the Host rather than posting it in the game thread.

10. The game thread is only used to discuss the GAME ITSELF. PM me any questions you have.

11. DO NOT POST YOUR ROLE. You are allowed to say who you are, but you may not post your actual role, this goes hand in hand with rule #7.

12. You are not allowed to ask players to reveal their roles.

13. When sending in your actions please label the Subject as following:Mafia Night ( and then the number of whatever night it is ). The night's number will be posted alongside the night story so there shouldn't be any confusion.

14. When sending in your actions please label them. If you use a block power, say I wish to block ( your targets name ), or if you have a protection, I wish to protect ( your targets name ). Do NOT say, I will target ( your targets name ).

15. CONFIRM YOUR ROLES! I cannot stress this enough. Everyone read your roles, make sure you understand them. I do not want pm's on night 2 asking about a power you thought was one way, only to find out it was something different. Ask about anything you don't understand.

16. If you are not going to use an action during the night phase. PM me and let me know. Do not assume that by not sending in an action means that I believe you're not doing anything. If you do not send me a PM, I'm going to assume that you are planning on doing something. Additionally, if you have no actions to be used that night still PM me saying you have no actions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
  2. Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Bounty Points:
  3. Ruffles

Ruffles

Bounty Points:
    Minimum 12 players is ok too

Yasopp, Dead-0r-A1ive and Urek Mazino like this.
  4. Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Bounty Points:
  5. Ruffles

Ruffles

Bounty Points:
  6. Asya

Asya

Bounty Points:
    I have absolutely no clue what this game is... :eek:

7. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:

I've never played before but I catch on quickly so...tell me the rules and the goal of the game...

8. Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Bounty Points:
    Its very simple and a hell lot of fun.

Ruffeh will make a game rules thread once he gets enough people I think.

Once you play you'll understand everything.xD

9. simovich

simovich

Bounty Points:
    i only played mafia a couple of time in starcraft :p. though seems interesting

10. Ruffles

Ruffles

Bounty Points:
    I'll post the rules along with the sign up thread if there are enough interest =]

P.S the theme will be one piece, the arc is a secret ;]

11. Asya

Asya

Bounty Points:
    Alright, let's see then :p

12. Char Aznable

Char Aznable

Bounty Points:
    I'm in ill post a semi- rule function on here soon

13. ETSI

ETSI

Bounty Points:
    no time! sorry!...i am saying that and i have the laptop in my hands! *looking at the book*-->*the books is looking back to me..middle finger up*
    bb

Yasopp and kurumu-chan like this.
  14. Koozza

Koozza

Bounty Points:
    People... How hard can this be...

Koozza is with TWO o's and TWO z's...

15. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    yes im in

Yasopp, Dead-0r-A1ive and Urek Mazino like this.
  16. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    I would really like to join ^^ tho i have no time this week (doubt it will go that fast but just in case i am reporting this to you guys) :p and I want to warn you that if I join in you might want to be carefull with the theme... I'm still not up to date :oops: (I'm sorry!!!) >,< So you'll have to keep that in mind not to spoiler it for me... if this is too much trouble for you I understand :')

Yasopp and Dead-0r-A1ive like this.
  17. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    If it's being played on a forum I can play between typing and drawing...not too hard...And since I'm free this summer I'll be finding time to have fun as well as work on my manga...

18. Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Bounty Points:
    It doesn't involve any drawing...xD

Its quite a simple game.

Okay you seriously made me laugh..this is not a game that will spoil you in One Piece..:p

Much more simpler than that...xD

19. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Count me in as well :p

20. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    I already thought so but because Ruffeh said something about arcs I thought it would be best to remind you all once more :)

Yasopp, Dead-0r-A1ive and Gintoki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice