Straw Hats Luffy's Secret Trump Card Against Kaido?

Discussion in 'Characters, Groups & Organizations Discussion' started by Ryuma Reborn, May 11, 2019.

Share This Page

?

How do you think Luffy would be able to stand up to or fight Kaido?

1. He is going to use his mastery of all his Gears combined with his mastery of armament Haki

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. His new mastery of armament Haki alone should be enough to penetrate Kaido

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. He can't do it alone right now and will need others such as Law and Kidd to help him

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    So for this thread, I am actually getting some inspiration from one of King of Lightning's more recent videos, more specifically this one, which talks about an alternate form of attacking that Luffy could use before going Gear 4th. To quickly summarize the video, KOL speculates that now with Luffy's mastery over both Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd, plus given the fact that he is much stronger overall in terms of stamina and durability, he could use the Jet Giant series of moves (same move that he used to beat Moriah).

Now I didn't quite want to make a theory on this because honestly this is just my speculation that popped into my head so I would still need to iron out the details and clean it up some, but I figured this could honestly be plausible after really thinking about it, so I wanted to start a discussion with everyone and get some feedback, as well as see how everyone feels about it! So what could one of Luffy's trump cards against Kaido be? Well:

• What would happen if Luffy, while already in Gear 2nd, were to go into Gear 4th? Or even crazier still, what if Luffy while in Gear 2nd combined his muscle and bone balloon abilities at the same time?
    Honestly before you completely dismiss this discussion just hear my reasons as to why this combination could work:

1. Between the timeskip Luffy mastered both Gear 2nd AND Gear 3rd, no longer having anymore drawbacks
    2. Luffy has become a proficient and expert Haki user, and as of late is even coming close to mastering certains aspects (still has a little ways to go)
    3. Luffy has already combined Gear 2nd and haki plenty of times, example being his Hawk series of moves as well as Red Hawk
    4. Luffy is able to move after using Gear 4th now unlike when he first started, and his experience using the form is increasing now that he is fighting stronger opponents and getting more practical use out of the form

We all have seen and know how much of a monster Kaido is, and even when Luffy said this new Haki training could help him somehow hurt Kaido, I find it incredibly hard to believe that even the new Haki alone would be enough to penetrate his scales or tough skin. Maybe if Luffy were apply some variation of his new Haki to a King Kong Gun he could maybe hurt Kaido?

The only true way I could see Luffy truly touching or hurting Kaido is if, while already in Gear 2nd, he went into Gear 4th which theoretically would automatically augment his strength and speed more than that of a normal Gear 4th, and then maybe from Gear 4th he could apply bone balloon to himself while simultaneously using Gear 2nd and Gear 4th. Other than potentially using that combination with his new Haki, the only other things I could reasonably see Luffy using to defeat Kaido would be a supposed Gear 5th or Awakening whatever those would be. What do you all think of this possible combination that Luffy could use against Kaido, as well as him bringing back his Giant Jet series? How do you all see Luffy fighting toe to toe with Kaido without assistance from other like Laws Gamma Knife, etc. Let me know :)

2. Uyuu

Uyuu

Bounty Points:
    i think he can manage 1 vs 1 if he at least combine all of his Gears 2-3-4, and then unleashes King Moves all the time, harmonized with Advanced no-touch Armament, to produce concentrated, Supermassive Ursus Shock in front of his fist each time he punches using King Moves. Double damage: Stacked Gear Leorex Bazooka followed immediately by Supermassive Ursus Shock Kamehameha.

3. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for being the first to reply to my thread and the detailed response! :)

I am actually glad you mentioned that because I have not only thought about that exact same scenario before but even made the argument for why it could and should happen. Aside from Luffy learning about and beginning to awaken his DF, I think the next step for him in mastering his DF and becoming stronger, would be for him to combine ALL of his gears. So far since the timeskip, Luffy has mastered Gear 2nd, Gear 3rd, and supposedly Gear 4th minus the Haki, with him becoming a proficient and expert Haki user who has started to master both observation Haki in the form of future sight, and now currently armament Haki in the form of barriers and short range attacks.

• Gear 2nd: Speed and reaction time
    • Gear 3rd: Bone size and density
    • Gear 4th: Muscle Strength and power
    If Luffy was able to truly master future sight so he could dodge Kaido's insane blitz speed, and if he can also master armament and combine that with all of his gears, Luffy would truly be a force to be reckoned with and I could see him standing with the top tiers of the OP verse. Other than this, I think Luffy should at least start to learn or train for his awakening because Doflamingo and Katakuri both had it and Luffy hasn't really even stated so much as training to obtain it yet.

4. mugiwalaw

mugiwalaw

Bounty Points:
    ugh... plot armor?

Topi Jerami likes this.
  5. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    Ryuma Reborn likes this.
  6. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    I'm so glad you said that and came up with that theory!! I have literally come to that same thought a couple of times before but never had the time to sit down and come up with a proper theory. And honestly everything you said in your theory makes sense, so besides this thread and Luffy potentially mastering Haki and learning Awakening, I definitely think your theory is plausible!

Xatch likes this.
  7. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    Glad you enjoyed and agree with it...

I always thought it odd that luffy started with G2

Ryuma Reborn likes this.
  8. Kyro Kakugi

Kyro Kakugi

Bounty Points:
    G1 is his base form lol

9. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    My argument (like cars and other things with gears) neutral is base form... he skipped g1

10. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    But there has never been any mention or reference of a Gear 1 in the series. We assume that his base form is his Gear 1 or as Xatch has said, his "neutral".

Xatch likes this.
  11. Kyro Kakugi

Kyro Kakugi

Bounty Points:
    I don't go around irl telling people "I'm in my Zero Amor" form right now, do you?

And a car also doesn't drive in a "neutral" state either. A car needs atleast a first gear. *gasps sarcastically* OMG! Is that what Luffy's forms are named after? :eek:

Seriously though... If there is a specific transformation called Gear 1, it's going to be less effective than his other Gears

12. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    Only if i was a socially akward dork...
    (But even then zero armor form would be naked and thats illegal... cloth armor at least...L2Larp)

Actually your completely wrong and probably either not old enough or incapable of driving manual/stick.... but 90%of vehicles can bypass 1st gear altogether and start in second....

1st gear is only truly necessary in extreme grades, and hailing freight, or with weak ass engines...
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2019, Original Post Date: May 18, 2019 ---
    Not if the point is to slow down too gain strength....

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Ryuma Reborn likes this.
  13. Wai

Wai

Bounty Points:
    Mastery over armament haki, mastery over conqueror's haki, combined with his newly learnt future sight and DF awakening is how he is bringing Kaido down.

Ryuma Reborn likes this.
  14. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Exactly, with future sight Luffy can dodge, and with enhanced armament, conqueror's Haki, and potential awakening, Luffy can fight back.

Xatch likes this.
  15. Travolta

Travolta

Bounty Points:
    Luffy beats the worlds strongest creature.
    Luffy is now the worlds strongest creature.

the end.

boring story?
    yep

Kyro Kakugi likes this.
  16. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Sooo what is your theory? How does Luffy win?

Luffy can't keep dodging the Yonko forever, and Luffy has already faced all of the Shichibukai (minus Weevil) and beaten everyone that matters (as far as those relating to Luffy so Mihawk doesn't cut obviously). At this point he is floating around top tier Yonko Commander after his training with both Observation and Armament Haki, but he still got one shotted by Kaido and fled Big Mom (even though he only came to WCI to rescue Sanji). I am definitely sure that Luffy will still need help from the likes of Law, Kidd, and possibly some others, but he also needs to raise his strength if he want to hang with the bigshots of the New World and EoS people.

17. Travolta

Travolta

Bounty Points:
    start with the weakest yonko. shanks.
    does not make sense to beat the strongest creature as the very first. not all by yourself.

Kyro Kakugi likes this.
  18. Uyuu

Uyuu

Bounty Points:
    the two things you stated are not the same thing, imo, since Luffy being new WSC =/= the story being boring.

Ryuma Reborn likes this.
  19. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    You think Shanks is the weakest?? Please explain your reasoning, because Shanks used to spar with Mihawk (World's Strongest Swordsman) often, was able to clash with Whitebeard (World's Strongest Man), prevent Kaido (AKA World's Strongest Creature) from coming to Marineford, and stopped the war with just himself and his crew. Just his first mate Benn Beckman was able to check Kizaru, an Admiral, and neither Sengoku nor Blackbeard (who possessed TWO of the strongest DF's wanted anything to do with Shanks) wanted to tangle with him.

I will admit it is hard to rank the Yonko because all of them are incredibly strong and powerful freaks of nature in the world and each one is powerful for a different reason. But to me Shanks and Kaido are probably tied for strongest.

marcjean820 and Xatch like this.
  20. Travolta

Travolta

Bounty Points:
    yes. absolutely.
    and lost. he is weaker than Mihawk. clue is in the title.
    flexing at each other is not really a clash. neither of them intedend to hurt the other.
    we do not know how he did that. seeing as he reached MF unharmed it was most likely solved non violently.
    shanks did not stop anything. sengoku did. if sengoku gave the command then akainu and the rest of the marines would have continued to fight.
    shanks even thanks sengoku for agreeing.
    Kizarus kept fighting. he ignored Benn Beckman.
    sengoku had what he wanted. ace was dead, the pirates were fleeing. bb had what he wanted. wb was dead and he got the gura.
    there is absolutely no point for any of those 2 to keep on fighting.

Kyro Kakugi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice