1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Luffy's Awakening

Gear 5th (Gear Reverse Revised)

Share This Page

1. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    Liked your theory? So what? I'm just one guy with no friends, family, hobbies, shoes, clothes, homes, cars, money etc..(broke into my neighbor's house and is using their computer).
    You're probably thinking of Raijin but he is Enel.

2. Shu

Shu

Bounty Points:
    nice theory :yaaa:

8787NO3Monet and Dave like this.
  3. santoryu kageoni

santoryu kageoni

Bounty Points:
    Were all sure that luffy will eventually gain a new form and tge udea seems legit but in order to produce shockwaves that effect the air and other stuff I think only his elasticity is not enough

Dave likes this.
  4. Mat D Bizzo

Mat D Bizzo

Bounty Points:
    :eek: Nuh bruh.... Luffy is all out Rubber..anything more then this will start looking like BLeach

Dave likes this.
  5. Cassia OP

Cassia OP

Bounty Points:
    I'm still of the opinion that his actual awakening will be like Doffy's(and most Paramecia) and his surroundings will become rubbery. What I really like about your theory though is that it expands so much on how Luffy can improve beyond just his DF awakening. Seems like your explanation gives a lot of insight into things he could do if he just trained in these other techniques, but I don't understand what it has to do with the actual affects of his DF changing in any way. Sorry if i missed something. However if he could increase the elasticity of his surroundings through his awakening, then all the abilities you described would become way more effective right? I agree that our hero deserves better than to just do the same basic thing as Doffy. However I think this is the basis for all Awakened Paramecia(which is already rare), so its not really a slap in the face for Luffy. What you have described though could be what makes Luffy's awakening truly special. I just pictured him bouncing all over the place(spring hopper on steriods) and clothes lining everyone into submision, as well as dampening the affects of the gura-gura no mi. The applications you describe could take it so much further though.

Either way thanks for the in depth explanation of elasticity and elastic waves. Very interesting

Dave likes this.
  6. Dave

Dave Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    thanxx and welcome to OJ :D
    now awakening is max of one DF abilities so doffy was able to bring string out of his which in turn extended to his surrounding by changing every thing else to strings:8D: similarly corco boy was able suck moisture out of stuff earlier well duh he is suna suna :lmao::lmao:
    hence i believe his awakening will enhance all his functions to max level and add Conquer's haki control over it he should be able to influence his environment like shanks did on whitebeard's ship :)

Cassia OP likes this.
  7. Kindaichi

Kindaichi

Bounty Points:
    luffy needs to increase his haki also, in his fight with doffy his haki was stronger.

Dave likes this.
  8. Cassia OP

Cassia OP

Bounty Points:
    So what do you base your definition on the nature of awakening on? If I explain this poorly I apologize, but my understanding of it seems to differ. I just want to be sure that I am not missing something. To clarify my understanding, I believe Awakening is more than just practicing and mastering the full spectrum of abilities that your DF allows for. I think that may be necessary, but awakening is something that happens, for reasons not yet known, and actually widens this spectrum. I don't want to say that it's just completely up to chance, but it seems like it's more than just practice, creativity, and hard work. Idk what that extra something is.
    I am sorry if I'm miss representing your explanation of awakening. Just want to know if this boils down to a difference of interpretation(which I can totally respect) or if there is actual text from the manga that I am missing from my understanding.
    Thx
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 1, 2016 ---
    At the risk of rambling too much: I base my interpretation of awakening based on the the word "awakening" itself. I'm not expert on how waking up works, but it seems like the result of an subconscious or external stimulus. I don't recall ever deciding to wake up, only not go back to sleep. So I hear "Awakening" I think subconscious/external(in this case the DF being foreign to the users natural physiology) triggering a change in the persons state of being. I don't expect this to serve as definitive proof of course just explain why I interpret it the way I do.

Dave likes this.
  9. Dave

Dave Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    hmm according doffy when one awakenings the DF starts to effect its surrounding also but luffy hasnt showed any signs of any external effects apart from his body so rubber quality of his body will change drastically and if u know about nitrile rubber its a other from of rubber i saved it for other theory but meh:p it posses high quality resistance to temperature and heat and strength in other words its a upgraded rubber
    nightmare luffy was a foreshadow to it according to me its alternate from of G4 and awakening but G5 will use both this properties
    he will effect objects both the atmosphere itself using CoC
    in G4 he showed that he can fuse his haki will rubber properties so infuse the elasticity into atmosphere and his punch will have same effect as shockwaves that sorry if i m rumbling but i'll try make this more clear in my next theory on luffy :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 1, 2016 ---
    ya he will increase his haki over the time as he fights stronger opponents ;)

10. Cassia OP

Cassia OP

Bounty Points:
    Ok so you interpret Doffy's explanation that it effects the surroundings as only in the case of paramecia who produce substances? I only ask because Doffy doesn't make that distinction, and I want to be certain there isn't another explanation(aside from the jailers of Impel Down) of awakening somewhere else in the manga that I'm missing.

11. Onepiecefan9867

Onepiecefan9867

Bounty Points:
    This sounds awesome this would really help my Fujin theory. Keep up the good work. Lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2016 ---
    Lol Yo I was thinking the same thing and posted my theory on it and other people Luffy might be based on you should check it out http://orojackson.com/threads/which-characters-from-stories-is-luffy-based-from.27449/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice