1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Luffy's awakening??? gomu gomu no mi's destructive power unleashed

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Monkey D Theories, May 12, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMILE

SMILE

Bounty Points:
    Was just reffering to your rubber argument with slith you had xD

Slith and Monkey D Theories like this.
  2. Cpt.

Cpt.

Bounty Points:
    Both of the awakening abilities sound cool and seem like sound theories, but they would also be a weird addition to Luffy's fighting style. Especially the making objects around him rubber, he likes to fight using his own body.

Maybe in his awakened state he can control his own body much better and therefore become a full giant! Luffy would love that haha

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    Yeah fair shout but it would only be two type differences, *producers and performers

4. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Giant luffy would be useless; he would be as vulnerable as Oars jr at marineford. Luffy can already control most of the rubber aspects of his body, so the only real addition to his body that would make sense is rubber logia. Which imo wouldn't be good with luffy

5. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    Thats what i'm talking about! It would be awesome and by the time we get to the Elbaf arc I think this has a high probability of coming true!!!

Cpt. and Clover like this.
  6. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    But say luffy gets an awakening that affects his body; what would it be. All I'm saying is that apart from G5 and logia powers, their isn't much more he could do with his body
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2015, Original Post Date: May 12, 2015 ---
    But giant luffy isn't an awakening; it's literally just a combo of muscle balloon and bone balloon. Luffy's awakening is going to be a new power he never had, not a combination of his already used techniques

7. Che1ck

Che1ck

Bounty Points:
    The Gomu Gomu no mi allows him to mimic the properties of rubber, it didn't turn him into rubber. One of the properties of rubber is electrical resistance...

Slith, SMILE and Monkey D Theories like this.
  8. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Finally someone who understands

Che1ck likes this.
  9. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    Luffy can only shift air between bones for G3 to create a giants limb, knowing Oda i'd say it will be more than turning into a giant but definately along those lines to an extent, I am not disputing what's been said, but feel it will not be shockwaves or turning things to rubber. I agree in the sense that his own body will be heightened to the point where he is superpowered rubber Luffy
    He is rubber, not a mimic of rubber

10. Clover

Clover

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for tagging me. :D:D

I agree with one of the possibilites of Luffy's awakening. He will be able to control his surroundings into rubber. I am most curious what Robin's and Chopper's devil awakening will be. Brook maybe will be able to extract souls from people and banish them to the Underworld. :wideeyes:

WolfShadowz007 and SMILE like this.
  11. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Explain exactly how becoming a giant would be beneficial. How would his body be enhanced? Lastly their is absolutely no proof what so ever that luffy is actually made of rubber
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2015 ---
    I actually did a theory about brook being a necromancer if you want to check it out

Spider likes this.
  12. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    @knaal, I love your posts and theories, it was said by i think "Blueno", that Luffys blood vessels and suchlike are rubber aswell as his internal body (When he went gear 2nd). (Crocodile made Luffy bleed) The anime in early days state this at ennies lobby. But the Anime is not as accurate as the Manga.... they add things. Hence why there should be no blood (because of rubber). But the series was meant to finish long before it did/has. Unless crocodile used haki, but Luffy's blood should not have flowed like it did because he is rubber!
    A lot of what we have seen has been contradicted as the series has gone on (through Anime mainly) to be one of the longest Manga's to date. (And the most popular other than Naruto), i can't prove anything... therefore my comment is speculation... I love hearing other people's opinions and therefore a "discussion", of peoples opinions. love to here from all of you, this is nit an argument, merely friends disputing evidence. Love all of you because you are One Piece Fans!

Clover likes this.
  13. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    But the thing is; is luffy was 100% rubber, then he would be considered logia. He isn't logia, he is paramecia so therefore he is not rubber
    Btw let's not talk about luffy being rubber anymore, I just wanted to make that one last point but imo we shouldn't make luffy being rubber the focus of this thread

14. Che1ck

Che1ck

Bounty Points:
    His awakening should bring him to Admiral/Yonko level. I don't see how turning the environment into rubber is a power up... How would that even make him stronger.... I hope Oda has something better planned.

Slith, Spider and SMILE like this.
  15. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    luffy could create volcanoes, earthquakes, and possibly knock up streams with this ability. So yeah; he would be admiral lvl
    luffy could create volcanoes, earthquakes, and possibly knock up streams with this ability. So yeah; he would be admiral lvl

SMILE likes this.
  16. Che1ck

Che1ck

Bounty Points:
    How would he create volcanoes? And how would any of these things be used as an attack?

Slith and Spider like this.
  17. ToBeThriller

ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    It was said by Lucci. And the blood when fighting Crocodile was due to cuts and not impact. Cuts can still hurt his blood vessels. If he didn't bleed, he wouldn't have beat Crocodile.

18. MidnightKingZX

MidnightKingZX

Bounty Points:
    very clever theory
    would be really cool to see those things happen but wats on the picture after jinbei its not showing for me
    anyway really nice

19. Harold

Harold

Bounty Points:
    Amazing theory Knaal, like always. and thanks for the tag. ;)
    it would be amazing if happen. :)

20. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    Without someone using haki, he could'nt bleed real blood, if his blood and blood vessels were rubber (As stated ) he could never be hindered by any physical impact, .... after intraducing slicing attacks (i.e) swordsman and slicing attacks ( full story development)
    Nice point! Ennies lobby was after Arabasta but Oda said (The Series in general) ... was meant to end after like 3 years, I like imperfections and think Oda has had to add things he never should have, Thats what makes one piece great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice