1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Luffy will NOT be the one to defeat Akainu

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Celestial D. Dragon, Jan 31, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zedderond

zedderond

Bounty Points:
    I can't see sabo fighting akainu. Only luffy.

Sophiaa likes this.
  2. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    Could be Coby to be honest.

3. Mr. Prince

Mr. Prince

Bounty Points:
    Well first sabo would have to die so coby gets the mera mera, and this of course is after caesar clown joins the crew but before zoro meets his father, the shogun of wano.

Edit thought I was in the who beats jajji thread

Your point is salient, but I dont know if coby can be that strong in the short term, money's on sabo IMO because I dont think luffy will beat both blackbeard and akainu if we get a crazy theee way war

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  4. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    There's two ways of talking about 'defeat', one being literally in a combat sense and the other being in terms of idealism and faith. Obviously, Sabo/Luffy will defeat Akainu but that won't entirely defeat the amount of faith or idealism that Akainu has for he's type of justice. That's why I say Coby who is aiming to become Admiral should defeat him entirely.

5. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    I completely agree @Celestial D. Dragon . While I think Sabo will die, anyone who is the user of the Mera Mera no Mi by/towards the end of the Manga's serialisation will be the perfect opponent for Sakazuki.

As @Supreme Master said it could be Coby. Whether my theory about the Mera Mera no Mi is right or wrong it could still be Coby. Afterall, Sakazuki did try to kill him during the Marineford War and everything
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  6. The Pandaman

The Pandaman

Bounty Points:
    you may think Oda is depicting luffy to not kill anyone in the series but thats wrong.

after his fight with akainu.luffy understood that he was naive at marineford.plus we saw a darker luffy in Madam shirley's future prediction.and from the way the things have developed i think we will see a darker luffy as the story progressess.
    You may think that sabo hates akainu but its not the case because sabo was seen hating the fact that he didnt come to rescue ace at marineford when his memories were gone.he didnt even see sabo depicting any feelings at the news of WB pirates vs WG for the execution of ace.
    anyways you have your own POV and i have my point of view.
    this is just a speculation on my part
    we will see a darker side in one piece after/in the kaido arc.

7. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Here is my translation of your argument. Do tell me if I'm wrong of course:

You guys may think Oda is sending across a very clear message about Luffy and how he lacks killing intent and is yet to kill any of the 49 official one on one opponents he's been involved with, but that's wrong because I want it to be.

After his fight with Akainu which we don't know is even going to happen, Luffy will *past tense because English* understand his naivety at Marineford even though his character development has already surpassed this stage. I would like Luffy to regress back to his immature 17 year old self because even though Oda clearly showed us in the Post Marineford Arc that he has matured - I need to say something stupid and amusing. We saw Shirley's prediction which has little to no meaning or evidence as it was either disproven in the Fishman Island arc or foreshadowing of Luffy having another fight on or over Fishman Island territory in future. We don't know for sure but obviously, I'm going to somehow link Magma and Fire together to assume that it's Akainu he's facing.

You may think Sabo hates Akainu but you're also wrong, it's not the case. Even though there are several panels showing Sabo has inherited Aces will (thus, hating Sakazuki) and several panels showing him baring his teeth at Sakazuki during his grieving for Ace after the Marineford war. His undue suffering was caused by Akainu - the same reason Luffy hates him. But of course for the purpose of stupidity I'm going to ignore this fact because we saw Sabo had internal conflicts over him forgetting his past.

You have your own educated views and I have my random one which is incoherent and doesn't make sense. But I'm going to cover this up with a cliché justification roughly coming across as 'lets agree to disagree'. Now I will say it's all speculation, thus making my entire post and argument completely void. We will see a darker side to One Piece even though from what we've seen thus far, that is not necessarily true and I'm just making this up and rambling.

That is probably what everyone thinks when reading this post.

8. The Pandaman

The Pandaman

Bounty Points:
    you have your own views.i have my own.i respect people's views and wont critcize it because theories are based on speculations,facts and what we see as a viewer.i may see something different and you may see something when watching a same panel and this is what creates a difference in opinion.i really hope you dont take it the wrong way but they were my speculations based on what i see as a viewer.
    About madam shirley prediction-you may think that this is irrelevant but others may think otherwise from the way it was depicted and this is what caused a difference in opinion.
    Btw i would like a really mature discussion and not ranting or flaming.

9. santoryu kageoni

santoryu kageoni

Bounty Points:
    Nice one !!! That would actually bring back the discussion of magu mmagunb mi vs. Mera mera no mi again. And id personally like to see that the mera mera no mi is avenged by some one as good as sabo

10. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    Sabo having the mera mera no mi should mean he will beat Akainu and I really hope this happens in the final war, good shout bud

Celestial D. Dragon likes this.
  11. Indra

Indra Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    akainu kills ace
    its pretty clear luffy will have his revenge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice