1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Lola's Arranged Marriage

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Boatlet, Jun 21, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boatlet

Boatlet

Bounty Points:
    I'm not sure that this theory has been stated yet or if it actually holds any substance.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are guessing that Lola is Big Mom's daughter or at least has some sort of relationship with her. I just thought of an idea that I would like to propose and get other's opinions on.

I think that Lola might have been in an arranged marriage with Pedro from Zhou. The first connection that made me assume this was her attraction to Absalom. When she was brought back to life on Thriller Bark she could probably assume that she would not see Pedro there, her answer to this was to marry the person who most reminded her of Pedro physically.

I haven't had a chance to look in depth at some of the arguments against this, but by just thinking of past events I have come up with some points that might help others agree with me.

The first is that I believe Lola was a human before she died. I'm not sure if this is confirmed, I would have to look back at the past material. Some issues that arise from this can include that Pedro is not a human, so she wouldn't marry him. I think I have 2 fair points to counteract this. The first being that minks love humans, something could have happened in Pedro's past that made him more reserved, like say... losing his bride to be. My other point on this issue is that when Big Mom tell's her children they have an arranged marriage, they do not question this. No matter that Pedro is a mink, Big Mom is more worried about expanding her family into every part of the sea as possible.

I think it could be foreshadowed that the reason Pedro has been in Big Mom's territory was due to his previous arranged marriage with Lola.

I'd love to hear some criticisms of this, let me know what you think!

spitles likes this.
  2. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    When she was brought back to live? When was she ever dead? She never died and she was always a human.

You are basing your theory on the fact, that Lola wanted to marry Absalom and since you say that Absalom has some similarities with Pedro, that's why she was supposed to marry Pedro in the past and found her Pedro in Absalom. But the thing is that Lola has proposed 4452 times (including the SH's) and was always rejected. So Absalom was just one of them and there is not really any big meaning behind this.

Treeko D James likes this.
  3. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    ???

When did Lola ever die? Did I miss something?

I can see where you are coming from with the resemblance from Pedro and Absalom, but I don't think Lola was looking for anything specific. She was proposing to any man in sight hoping to get married.

4. Mugiwara_ya

Mugiwara_ya

Bounty Points:
    I did think that absalom sort of resembled pedro. And the fact that pedro haf been to big mom's territory raises more questions.
    However, I don't recall lol dying...

5. Average_insanity

Average_insanity

Bounty Points:
    Just like others already pointed out Lola was never dead. she and her crew were trapped on thriller bark because their shadows were stolen but they where never actually killed.

You could be on to something, Pedro's ties to whole cake island might be marriage related... But I think the more realistic assumption is that Pedro was simply a pirate under Big Mom.

6. Boatlet

Boatlet

Bounty Points:
    Maybe I assumed her death, sorry its been awhile since I've been through Thriller Bark! I just looked back and completely forgot that her human form is shown, sorry about that.

I knew that the over-marriage thing didn't fit into the theory. I appreciate the response anyways

7. Buggy D. Clown

Buggy D. Clown

Bounty Points:
    I think this is a shot out of the blue, and it fits.
    Lola was all into Absalom, and he does share similarities to Pedro, and Pedro said before that he was already in Big Mom's Territory before, and Big Mom has arranged marriages for all her daughters as it increases her numbers and power.

And also because Lola said to look for her MOM in the new world because she's a pretty BIG pirate there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice