World Government Loguetown

Discussion in 'East Blue' started by Larsi, Mar 7, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Emperor Cross

Emperor Cross Big Mom Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    # Shaarib was happily going towards the bar the marines indicated him. He was going to enter when his escargophone began ringing. The phone took a foxy appearance and the Captain understood that it was Vulpes. It was the first time they talked to each other and Shaarib didn’t know it was the last. The Rear-admiral was brief : His new partner was already packing her things and was probably ready to go.

He didn’t need much information, He wasn’t going to let her took all the shine. Our hero for a minute jumped in one place and vegan running at full speed in the direction of the port. He was so locked in his thoughts that he completely forgot about proposing Frayzah to come or asking for his part in the bounties of the Buggy Pirates.

Naglfar was ready, he was the missing piece and when he set foot on his ship. They finally quit the port for a new mission : Beat the Pirates of Dawn Island. Shaarib suddenly felt tired so decided to sleep in his quarters. #

Frayz and Handsome like this.
  2. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    Marine Base - Smoker's Office
    _____
    He knew he had to pay attention to Frayzah's entire body language in order to perceive suspicious reactions. As he talked, he could feel an angry tension, but that was to be expected, as Smoker provoked him on purpose...
    The ashes of his cigars crumbled to the ground as he sat there unresponsive for a moment. He had not expected the possibility of the 169th branch was coming for HIM with an assignment from the HQ.

Those damn bastards... so far they could prove nothing... could they?! Were all the information I got about Nezumi just a ruse to blame ME for something different like this?! Jimmy probably just tries to unsettle me with those assumptions. Anyway, the situation has changed... no statement about this may leave this island... The irony, which he was becoming aware of, drew for a brief moment a smile on his face.

Out of nothing, he reached out with a flattened hand and hit the shell, which he hid behind the picture so that it crashed against the wall and shattered. The picture that showed him, Blackcage, and some former recruits flew from the desk as well. The shell was a sound recording dial and he tried to disguise its destruction as just a response of anger by subsequently leaning over the desk with both of his hands. By which he had taken the position with which he would normally shout at his counterpart... but he already knew that no amount of loud words would help him in this situation. He just glared at Fayzah with an indignant look and shortly afterward sat down in his chair again.

Looks like we came into this conversation with a similar intention. Hell, I'm even sure that we got our information from the same place. But that doesn't matter here... As Smoker spoke, the half-open window behind him seemed to close as if by an invisible hand, slowly increasing the amount of smoke in the room. That being said, I had neither to do with Nezumi's dirty business nor with his death. What your branch's role in the latter was, remains to be seen... and now that I know why you're here, all I can say is that I'm not confessing anything and I'm not intending to leave my base here. Now get lost, if you know what's good for you!

Frayz and Emperor Cross like this.
  3. Frayz

Frayz The Scourge of The Dark Multiverse Wanted Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    The Marine veteran didn't respond immediately, just silence as if he was taking it all in or possibly planning his next play.
    Then for a split moment Jimmy could feel the tension in the room, like he knew exactly what Smoker's next move would be. He was angry about the accusations made by the man who was once a vigilante and whether or not they were true, he was going to take that anger out on Frayzah. It was no surprise that he felt this way though, Jimmy may have acted similarly under the circumstances but what did surprise him that he was 'aware' of this.

Jimmy: ‘The hell is this feeling? I'm aware of his violent intentions, is this the Colour of Observation Haki? I tapped into Armament Haki during training on the trip here, the two Haki's must be more connected than I originally believed.’

He couldn't ponder this newfound ability for too long though, he now knew Smoker was pissed and was most likely about to lash out at him.
    He watches as Smoker swiftly slams his hand against the desk and assuming it was just some show of power, does nothing to stop it. He looks over to the fallen picture hit the wall, the frame glass now broken. He notices the most prominent crack positioned between himself, a young hooded Marine standing behind Tashigi, and Smoker who stood to her left. This crack was now a symbol of their fractured friendship. He looks back to the desk and notices the broken shell close to where the picture was sitting, instantly cussing himself for not realising sooner.

Jimmy: ‘A sound dial? Fuck, it probably had crucial evidence. I have orders to arrest him anyway but it would of been nice to have some solid proof first.’
    As Smoker talks, the masked Marine witnesses the window shut and in it, sees the reflection of Jerome Napier standing behind him with a gigantic grin. His 'Ghost of Madness' appears to be taunting him into attacking his former mentor, Frayzah is triggered by this but holds back. He simply stands up and draws his blades from their sheaths, clearly confident of the situation.

Jimmy: “Heh, is that a threat to a superior officer?”

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Handsome and Emperor Cross like this.
  4. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    _____
    Then as now, something bothered him about Frayzah. It was not just his name and his past that reminded him of that desateur ... Fayzal. There was something else, but he couldn't point his finger on it ...

[​IMG]

As he, too, rose from his chair, his gaze wandered quickly through the room - from the tall ficus-plant near the front door, the massive bookcase to his left, down to his desk and finally to Frayzah. Apart from the latter, an opaque white shape of smoke seemed to circle around each of the objects that met his gaze. On the left behind Frayzah, one could hear the rattling leaves of a plant.
    The dense smoke, unable to escape through the window, floated gradually uneasy through the room. The moment Smoker's gaze fell on his counterpart again, the smoke seemed to grow heavier and ebbed down to the lower third of the room, so their eyes could unerringly meet.

A threat ... I want you to see it as just that. Not to a superior, but to a criminal who thinks he can disguise his true self by joining the Marines. People do not change...

As he extended his right arm to his right, the smoke formed a white, hand-like shape that grabbed the Jitte leaning against the corner of the room and threw it over to his hand ...

Frayz likes this.
  5. Frayz

Bounty Points:
    Richland City/Königsheim Island - Then (4 years ago):

Citizens line the streets staring, a fierce sword fight has been raging on for close to an hour now. Jerome Napier, a former Cipher Pol agent turned pirate has made this city his home as of late and battled its former protector on many occasions. Faysal, that same protector had mysteriously disappeared a week prior, only his mask and sword remained in what is believed to be a pool of his own blood. Jimmy Frayzah, Faysal's own student and the one who found his belongings now seeks Justice on the man who is suspect number one, he confronts the leader of the Insane Pirates himself and conflict immediately ensues.

Exactly 53 minutes later and both dual sword users are worse for wear, 'The Vigilante' and 'Prince of Insanity' both covered in wounds and their clothes slightly torn. Caught in a locking of blades, both men get a good look at each other for the first time and the unnatural clown appearance of Napier awakens emotions Frayzah had never felt before. Fear? Shock? Intimidation? He didn't know what it was and it didn't matter, he no longer cared if he were to die as long as he takes the man he believes is responsible for Faysal's death with him. Jerome enters a hysterical state, only just realising this wasn't the person he thought it was.

Jerome: “HAHAHAHA I didn't know Faysal had a son, so what's your name little one? And just how is your old man, I take it he's retired if you're the one fighting me now?”

Jimmy: “My name is Frayzah and you killed Faysal so now, I'll kill you!

Jerome: “We'll work on your opening monologues later, these kind of things need a bit of drama to let the viewer know what your story is HAHAHAHA! I didn't kill Faysal, he was the only one who believed me.”

Jimmy: “Believed yo..”

The Pirate Captain uses this distraction to knock away his swords and make a quick getaway, it wouldn't be the last time he would come face to face with this masked crusader though.

Smoker's Office/Loguetown - Now:

The 'Shadow Sentinel' knows Smoker is planning a move but his cocky nature stops him from striking first, almost as if doing nothing is a challenge in its own way.

Jimmy: ‘Go on, make your move. Heh-heh I dare you.’

At least that's how he felt until the Marine Captain once again opens his mouth, saying something that would anger him more than ever before.

Jimmy: ‘Criminal? Does he know who I fucking am, I'm the goddamn Crime-Slicer!’

The 'Ghost of Madness' appears once more, this time standing right behind Smoker. As usual he laughs manically at the dismay of Frayzah.

Jerome: “Wow not even I piss you off that much HAHAHA, maybe you should teach him a lesson. Also do the monologue we worked on, now's a good a time as any.”

Smoker creates a hand like form out of his smoke to reach for his Jitte in the far corner, throwing it to his hand.

Jimmy: ‘Showtime.’

“Sure, I've killed....most good Marines have.”

He puts his blades into a defensive position in front of him.

“But to group me in with pirate scum such as Buggy and Arlong.....Heh-heh it's like you never truly knew me at all, so allow me to introduce myself.”

He kicks the desk in front of him, hoping to catch Smoker off guard and knock him over.

“My name is Jimmy Frayzah. After ten years in a corrupted nation, I inherited only one goal … to save my city....”

Whether or not his previous attack connects, he would then run and use the desk as a step for an overhead jumping attack.

“....but in doing so, my eyes were opened to a deeper evil. To combat this, I had to serve Justice. I had to serve Mad Justice.”

He continues his attack, swinging his katana downwards he aims for the arm that holds Smoker's Jitte.

‘He should easily avoid this without my Haki but that's my ace in this fight, I can't reveal it too early.’

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    _____
    The Commodore seemed to become increasingly impatient after Smoker answered him. It was true, though, that he prejudged people with such revolutionary leanings, especially given Frayzah's past.

Smoker's left hand dissolved slowly into smoke and merged with the one that covered the entire room like a low-lying-fog. Meanwhile, the smoke circling the desk, bookcase, and plant increased in density, causing the objects to tremble slightly due to the pressure exerted.

The kick moved the entire desk towards him, but it didn't seem to reach Smoker, as it might have been intended. Looking closer, the desk seemed to have been stopped by the dense smoke that wrapped around it.
    He is strong...

With Frayzah's first approach of an attack, Smoker got into position and held his Jitte, which he already caught with his right hand, in front of him. However, only with his right one, as his left hand, together with the sleeve of his jacket, was now completely dissolved in smoke.
    Mad Justice ... I quite believe it ...
    Smoker held his Jitte in front of him, but his main focus was on something else while he stretched out his smoke-shaped left arm. Books could be heard falling out of the bookcase as the heavy wooden construct rattled slowly over the surface of the ground and moved toward the desk with increasing speed.
    Frayzah's blade passed the Jitte and cut through Smoker's right arm - apparently. As expected, the affected part of the arm dissolved into smoke in the second the katana connected ... he is also fast. But he still doesn't seem to be ready to use Haki...

White Haunting!
    As he pushed the chair aside and backed away, he made a swinging motion with his left arm, as if pulling something heavy toward him. The shelf picked up speed and would be dragged in Frayzah's direction over the desk. Unstopped, it would break through the southern window and the wall around it.

- White Haunting
    It's basically "White Out" but instead of engulfing an opponent - objects were captured in dense smoke and then moved.
    -White Out (ホワイト・アウト Howaito Auto?): The user shoots clouds of normal smoke from their arms and uses them to engulf their opponent, then makes the smoke dense to trap them inside. This attack can be used to ensnare many people at the same time. (31 Mastery)

7. Frayz

Bounty Points:
    As he jumps through the air he can hear the sound of trembling and objects falling to his right. As a man with strong hunger for knowledge, Frayzah recognises the sound of books falling.

Jimmy: ‘Gotta be careful, he's definitely planning .....something.’

He throws caution to the wind however, fully believing in his own abilities. He swings his blade down and, like he thought, it passes through his right arm due to if turning to smoke. In response Smoker swings his left arm which had taken ahold of the bookcase, causing it to fly in Jimmy's direction. His new position behind the desk making it nearly impossible to avoid.

‘Heh-heh smart move. I'll have to slice through it, leaving myself open to any further offense.’

He quickly composes himself, turning around to face the case which still has books falling from it. It comes closer and he cuts through it, while simultaneously jumping back over the table. One side lands about where Smoker's jitte stood before and the other smashes through the window just near there. He turns back around to face Smoker, expecting another attack.

8. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    Marine Base - Third Floor
    _____
    Tashigi had long been feeling uneasy about Smoker's apparent problems affecting his behavior. It was just rumored, but it seemed to be related to an event a few months earlier, which probably was also the reason why the headquarters had put pressure on him. As she walked thoughtfully towards Smoker's office, which was at the end of the corridor, she suddenly heard loud noises from there. Her steps became faster.

_____
    While one half of the shelf crashed against the wall, the other flew straight out of one of the southern window, taking a piece of wall with it. Passing the edge of the building, it fell right next to a group of marines, who, warned by some falling books, could barely leap in safety.

When the Commodore had successfully fended off the obstacle and looked around at Smoker, this pointed with his arms outstretched in his direction and moved slowly to where the bookcase stood. The dense smoke, which also whirled through the room because of the now open window, slowly gathered behind him.

His gaze seemed rigid and he continued without comment to his next attack.
    White Blow!

Both of his arms turned into clouds of smoke and shot with his palms open in Frayzah's direction. Apparently, he tried to push the Commodore out of the window with as much pressure as he could muster with the remaining smoke in the room.

-White Blow (ホワイト・ブロー Howaito Burō?): The user shoots a cloud of dense smoke from his arms to blast his opponent hard. After striking, they can then trap their opponent as with the White Out attack. They have another variation of this attack where they turn only one arm (except their fist) into smoke and launches the fist at their opponent as a long-range punch.(21 Mastery) Destructive Potency Rank: C

@Frayzah

9. Frayz

Bounty Points:
    Aboard The Stormhawk - Then:

Jimmy, appearing to be in a discussion with himself or possibly an imaginary friend, was beginning to get annoyed by Napier's repetitive jokes but continued conversing with his inner madness just to kill time. He was a little curious about the mention of hope and rationality however. If the pirate captain from his past was the personification of his insanity, could it be possible of there being more of these 'Ghosts' hidden deep within his subconscious. He certainly hoped not.

It was around this time that the man he sent for, Ensign George, knocked on the doorway and Frayzah thanked 'The Writers' that his prayers for a distraction were answered, to which Jerome had a giggle about.

Jerome: “HAHAHA who could be knocking at this late of an hour! Do your subordinates have any respect at all?”

Jimmy: “Come in Ensign.”

The young Marine enters, taking note of the various books and comics spread out across the desk; 'Cursed Swords for Dummies' and 'The Adventures of El: Tiger Chef' were just two of the titles he could spot. He takes a seat in front of the desk before asking why he was sent.

Jimmy: “Well that's simple, I see big things in your future and would like to make a recommendation for your immediate promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade. But before I can do that, I need to know if you can be trusted.”

The Marine Commodore shows a slight smirk of amusement.

Jimmy: “Don't worry, I believe you and my brother will get along just fine. Heh-heh I'm sure that a promising Marine such as yourself would be aware of the activities of Cipher Pol?”

Smoker's Office - Now:

Before turning back around to face his opponent the tailed Marine takes note of the damaged wall as people outside look on. He knew this could take advantage of this later as it wasn't wise to fight Smoker in such a cramped environment. If he could get outside to the rooftops, he would feel more in his own element. He had to act fast though, with his Observation Haki he could sense a familiar presence quickly approaching as he began turning around.

Jimmy: ‘Tashigi! Bloody bad timing for this reunion old friend. She's probably not implicated but still likely to take his side without proof of his crimes.’

But this wasn't Frayzah's only problem, the distraction of Tashigi's involvement left him wide open to the Captain's White Blow technique, the open hands connect hitting him in the chest and upper ribs. He thinks he can feel one crack as he's pushed through the hole in the wall to the ground below, luckily for him he lands on his feet without too much damage. He immediately prepares for his next technique, positioning the ninja like blade he calls 'The Life-Drinker' above his shoulder horizontally.

Jimmy: ‘Heh-heh I wonder if it's possible to bury smoke.’

“FATAL SPIRAL SLICE!”

As he proudly screams out the name of his technique, he swiftly performs a circular swing of his sword which generates a projectile of compressed air that moves with a spiralling motion. This slash is done with the hopes of hitting and breaking more of the office's walls so that the roof would collapse onto the more experienced Marine.

-Fatal Spiral Slice: The user delivers a stronger version of his Spiral Slice, which is presumably 10 times stronger than the original.(51 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B

Emperor Cross and Handsome like this.
  10. Capt_NakedPanda

Capt_NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    "Thoughts/Internal conversation"
    Narrative/Action
    Out-loud Speech
    *Sound effects*

Stats:
    Panda mink + 16 strength + 16 vitality + 4 speed
    Level 45
    45 x 5 =225
    Strength: 35 + 16=51
    Speed: 61+4 = 65
    65x2=130
    -Reaction: 67
    -Movement: 63
    Vitality: 45 + 16=61
    61x2=122
    -Durability: 61
    -Stamina: 61
    Mind: 20
    20x2=40
    -Cooking: 40
    Martial arts: 31
    31x2=62
    -Electro 1

-Rokushiki 61
    Shigan
    Soru
    Tekkai
    Geppo
    Rankyuaku
    Kami-e
    Devil Fruit: 1 (Bara Bara no Mi - Buggy)
    Haki: 31
    31x2=62
    CoA: 41
    CoO (Precognition): 21

... "Retreat Retreat! Everybody off that creature. Back to the ships"... Crowd can be heard screaming, pirates trying to protect themselves. Others were jumping off a cliff tying to save their lives, thirds were beeing drop with rafts from the edge of the cliff.

The little mink panda was looking from not far away hidden in bushes near by.

Unknown: "So cool! Our warriors are so strong! No one can invade this place. Your dad is the strongest I am telling you."
    Reo: "He is the coolest of the coolest!"

Reo turned his head to see who is talking to him but all he saw was a blurry face of another mink kid.

Suddenly, Reo felt a kick to his ribs and a human dropped near him. The human was very scared. He was covered in bruises and blood. When their eyes met the human reached for the kid and grabbed Reo by the neck, carrying him in front of his chest and stepping slowly back towards the cliff.

Human: "Don't come near me... I am gonna break his neck... Don't come I am telling you."

Across the human and Reo a big group of mink warriors were coming closer until a shout was heard.

"Stay in place! He has a hostage! Nobody moves!"

A figure started coming behind the front lines. It was a huge panda mink with large battle axe on his back. One of his eyes had lower eyelid that the other. His shoulders and elbows were covered in armor like plates but just to protect his joints without restricting his movements.
    While moving slowly towards the human and Reo, he spoke up.

The big panda mink: "Buddy, don't worry. Everything is gonna be, ok. Do not move."

Switching his glare with anger towards the pirate the spoke.

The big panda mink: "Leave the the boy alone and you can go. You have my word."
    Human: "No, no, stay back, I am telling stay back..."

With a smirk on his face Reo looked at his dad. The fire in his eyes was saying "look at me now Dad..."

Reo: "Dad, dad, dad, dad, DAD..."

Suddenly Reo opened his eyes and all he can see is a white ceiling. Covered all in sweat and eyes wide open, he felt he was out of breath.
    The mink looked around and saw that he is in simply furnished room.

Reo: "A dream...? Was that...? Where am I?"

Voice can be heard outside of the door and a bit of commotion.

Voice 1: "Lady Informa, ma'am, something is happening with the commodore."

Rushing in the room Informa was out of breath looking towards Reo. Breathing heavy, holding on to the door she kept staring towards the panda. Reo had no idea what is going on and he was blinking with empty eyes of confusion while straightening himself to sit on the edge of the bed. While looking towards his chief of staff the mink saw Informa's eyes filling up with tears.

Reo: "Informa...?"

Taking that as a signal the woman rushed and hugged her commanding officer and squeezed as hard as possible for her completely leaning towards the minks body. Reo was confused what has triggered such reaction in usually calm and collected woman. After few seconds like that, realizing that there are other officers from the crew in the room, Informa lifted her glasses, brushed her tears, moved away from Reo while fixing her uniform and cleared her voice.

Informa: "Commodore Reo, sir, I am glad that you are awake finally."
    Reo: "Awake, finally? What do you mean?"
    Informa: "Sir, on our way back from Arlong park, you have suddenly collapsed and this is the first time you open your eyes after that. Dont you remember, sir?"

Reo was even more confused.

Reo: "Last thing I remember is landing on the island and me firing the flare gun. I have no idea what is going on. Where are we? How long was I out? What about 169th branch?"

Informa: "You have been out for quite some time sir and during all that time we have been situated in Logue town assigned to help with other missing since 169th branch had major changes in to it."
    Reo: "Major changes?
    "
    Informa: The branch has been reduced to two active members, sir. The leader of 169th branch has been transferred to HQ for unknown reasons and rumors has it that commodore Vulpes is transferred to HQ as well. While you were in your long sleep, there were members coming in and out but the only left are Commodore Frayzah (@Frayzah ) and Lieutenant Shaarib (@Emperor Cross). Currently Commodore Frayzah is the operating leader of 169th branch."

Reo's head felt like its going to explode from all that information. So many things have changed. And that dream as well...

Reo: "Thank you Informa. That is enough for now." - the mink said with a noticeable tone of fear and confusion. - "Do we know the whereabouts of Frayzah and Shaarib at the moment."
    Informa: "To my knowledge commodore Frayzah is in Loguetown and Lieutenant Shaarib is on a mission in East Blue."
    Reo: "Do we still have the den den mushis?"

Informa confirmed with a nod turned around towards one of the accompanying marines and said something to him.

Informa: "It will be here in a minute sir."

After few minutes while Reo was getting up from the bed, he lifted his eyes from the ground and saw himself in the mirror and for a second his big body turned small and he saw the small panda mink from his dream. Then behind him suddenly the image of his big brother Burei appeared as a kid. Then everything went back to normal.

Reo: "Burei..." the mink thought to himself

Without even a second of delay...

Burei: "What the hell is that you stupid little brother. The big whale was finally gone and you lost out chance to run the branch as we want it. Before it was an over-sized fish, now we are playing second role character to some idiot human... PERFECT!"
    Reo: "Oh Burei. You are back! Did you see the dream as well."
    Burei: "What dream...?"

Couple of arguments were exchanged between Reo and Burei while the marines and the chief of staff were staying in confusion as always when Reo starts changing voices and talk to himself.
    In that time a marine came back with the den den mushi in hand. Informa took it and gave presented it to the commodore.

Burei: "Oh, give me that. Lets check on out "booooooss", shall we Reo?"
    Reo: "Dont cause troubles from the first moment we are back, Burei..."

Without waiting a second Burei grabbed the snail and tried contacting their new "boss" Jimmy Frayzah @Frayzah

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Handsome, Frayz and Emperor Cross like this.
  11. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    Marine Base - Outside
    _____
    The group of Marines, who had previously rescued themselves from a falling bookshelf, noticed that shortly afterward a person fell off the same spot and skillfully landed on his feet. They quickly identified him as Commodore Frayzah, whom they just recently led to the marine base on Smoker's behalf. "Commodore?!"
    When his attack reached the outer facade, the walls involved splintered with a bang that briefly shook the entire building, causing both the Captain's office and the adjoining rooms to collapse under the weight of the roof. Subsequently, the affected part of the building crashed down on the forecourt of the marine base.

Many passersby on the street within sight of the event stopped in shock, and some quickly ran away screaming as they considered it a pirate attack. Present marines too watched speechless as the roof collapsed and not much remained of the captain's office.

[​IMG]

Marine Base - Third Floor
    _____
    A sound like a blade slicing through the wall echoed through the corridor, followed by a loud tremor that almost knocked the Ensign off her feet. The debris, some of which also fell down to the third-floor corridor, created a wave of grey smoke that rushed towards Tashigi. In spite of the obstacles created by the rubble, she ran to what was left of the office entrance and tried to see if anyone was still there.

Holding her sleeve protectively in front of her face, she recognized through the thick smoke how Smoker's Jitte, surrounded by a white cloud, seemed to float through the half-ruined room and then leaving to the outside.
    "Captain Smoker!" ...

Marine Base - Outside
    _____
    Outside, one now could see the white smoke, which stood out clearly from the gray debris cloud around, moving gradually faster in Commodore Frayzah's direction. What do you think you are doing here, you brat?! sounded from the cloud in an angry voice. While coming from above, the smoke suddenly reshaped back into Smoker's body, ready to attack him with a thrust of his Jitte, aiming his chest.

Aloe Vera, Emperor Cross and Frayz like this.
  12. Frayz

Bounty Points:
    Narration
    "Talking"
    'Thoughts'
    Emphasis/Sound effects
    Techniques
    Flashback
    My name is Jimmy Frayzah, Marine Commodore and all around great guy. People call me many things and most of them are true;
    Killer? Some trash needs taking out.
    Arrogant? Don't hate the player.
    Unethical? Ice cold but fair.

But criminal? Fake news and if any of you readers think otherwise then you're just as corrupted as my old pal Smoker here, I won't be too offended if you took an opportunity to lock your front door because the Crime-Slicer is coming for you.

Anyway back to Smoker, dude's a hypocrite so what do I care. After he threw a freakin' book shelf at me and I narrowly escaped, I begin to finally launch some offense and the roof buries him. I doubt this burial will end him but I need some time and space, getting to the rooftops is my best option. Other Marines begin to gather, they are not the target so I reassure them I'm just following orders.

“Your Captain has been working with pirates so stay out of my way and one of you will most likely get a nice promotion, somebody will need to fill the void

I jump onto the roof of a nearby building across from the base to survey the damage, even with the surfacing of my Observation Haki, I shouldn't get too sloppy with my training.

‘It seems he's alive and even angrier than before, let's see what he does next.’

Paruparuparuparuparu.”

It was my Den Den Mushi, moving itself to my shoulder as it rang. I wondered if it was Vulpes, that fox has been Rear Admiral for like five minutes is he that concerned I'll screw it up for him? I shouldn't of answered this mid battle but did anyway.

“Make it quick Pezzy, I'm a little preoccupied right now. Smoker had to make a scene in the middle of town. Somebody should keep the civilians clear, this could get messy. Is Reo still taking his little granny nap?
    ...........Oh shit!!
    ...Hold that thought.” @Capt_NakedPanda

Smoker emerged from the rubble quicker than I was hoping and was now heading my way, catching me a little off guard. I still have my secret weapon but is it too soon? He's raging enough not to see it coming.

‘Heh-heh screw it, why not?’ I thought at the time and quickly unsheathed my katana before coating it with Hardening Haki and preparing for Smoker's arrival. As he reformed at the other end of the roof I knew he was prepared for a Jitte attack, I could take that if it meant landing a lethal blow. When he got closer I also started moving closer and resheathed my blade before swiftly swinging it back towards him, as his Jitte hits my chest, I aimed towards his lower torso but my movements made it difficult to assess the damage if there was any.

Oww!’ I thought as I create a bit of distance, I still feel pain thinking about that strike from his weapon, the ribs around that area were already sore from his last shot. “What does it look like I'm doing? I'm winning.” I said as I was turning around to see if I hit him “I like to call that move Destructive Draw Slice.

@Handsome

-Destructive Drawing Slice: A stronger version of his original Drawing Slice. The user swings his sword in a very quick and powerful unsheathe move to slice his opponent. This attack is strong enough to easily decapitate a legendary beast like a Dragon.(41 Mastery, 41 Strength) DPR: B (+2 for Hardening Haki)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  13. Capt_NakedPanda

Capt_NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    Narrative/Action
    Out-loud Speech
    *Sound effects*

Waiting for the pick-up signal, Burei was getting inpatient, tapping with his foot on the ground with increasing pace.
    In the room everybody were silently waiting.

*Paruparuparuparuparu*
    *Catcha*

Hearing the sound of picking up, Burei took a deep breath, hold it for a bit and pushed his brain to come up with some kind of mocking name to address Frayzah and undermine his status in front of everybody listening.

Burei: "Oh that is a good one..."

Before the words left his mouth @Frayzah has already shot few sentences.

Then the connection was interrupted... *Catcha* and the black and white snail went back to sleep.

Burei was still holding his breath without even having the chance to say anything. He looked a bit from side to side to everybody in the room with eyes wide open and finally his eyes stopped on the sleeping snail. His eyes narrowed down with eyebrows smirking angrily while his sharp teeth uncovered little by little and his breath coming slowly through his teeth creating a thin stream of steam. His face was also turning red until it got with the color of a red hot iron. It looked like his head will explode. He grabbed the sleeping snail with two hands, shaking it forcefully and finally his head couldnt take it anymore.
    The top of his scalp separated from the rest of his head and pressured steam was coming out making his floating scalp wobble in the air before reattaching to his head again.

Burei: "WAKE UP YOU USELESS CRAPPY SNAIL! HOW DARE HE UNDERMINE MY AUTHORITY IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY... THIS IS NOT OVER... GRANNY NAP... WAKE UP YOU PEACE OF SH*T!!!"

The snail was shaking in the huge furry hands. His eyes were wide open and they looked like they are about to pop out from their sockets. From all the squeezing the slippery snail actually popped out of the tight grip, hit the ceiling and dropped in Informa's hands. Instantly it got back in his shell and started trembling with his eyeballs visible from the safety of its shell.

The panda turned towards Informa and the den den mushi and continued.

Burei: "CONNECT ME TO FRAYZAH, NOW!"

The snail refused with few quick shakes of his eyes from side to side.

Burei: "I SAID..."

In that time a another marine arrived in the room out of breath screaming and interrupting the mink in his rage.

Marine: "Urgent report, urgent report... Commodore Frayzah has engaged Captain Smoker in the Marine Base near by. Reports are they are raging in the middle of the town for unknown reason."

Burei clam down little by little while listening to the report but he was out of breath.

Burei: "Oh.. You... little punk... Granny... is coming... to teach you... some manners
    spank you...
    "

The panda rushed out of the room in full speed, seeming like a black and white blur to the rest in the room. While running to the nearby reported location Reo was concerned about something else.

Reo: "Burei, Frayzah said civilians might be around. We need to make their safety our top priority."
    Burei: "You and your morals..."
    Reo: "We became marines to protect and prevent tragedies like the ones from our childhood. Remember as well our last mission against Buggy..."

Burei got silent for a moment and memories from the mentioned moments started appearing in his mind.
    In a sign of agreement Burei gave control back to Reo.

Burei: "Fine... But after this is done, I am getting my moment with Frayzah..."
    Reo: "Fine, just behave until then!"

Approaching the Marine Base and almost on the town square Reo was able to see huge smoke coming out and two shadows colliding with each other, before separating with a it of distance
    Reo wanted to know what was this all about but he had set his priorities already. Ignoring for now the fight, Reo went to the gathering noisy crowd and tried to establish a safe perimeter around the destroyed building. other marines stationed nearby also arrived at the scene.

Reo: "Marines, I am Commodore Reo and I need help establishing a safe zone around the building as fast as possible, keeping the civilians out of danger. Assist me please!"

As usual the first reaction of people seeing the huge panda mink was silence... However, after a brief pause, the marines started moving around doing as he said. He was wearing a commodore rank marine jacket in the middle of a Marine Base. They had no other option...

The safe zone was being created in a fast pace, but the crowd was getting noisier and noisier, wondering what has happened. The same thought was going through Reo's head as well while he turned his head towards the fighting high rank marines.

@Handsome feel free to RP as the crowd if you want :)

Frayz, Handsome and Emperor Cross like this.
  14. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    Marine Base - Outside
    _____
    A large contingent of Marines poured out of the main building of the base. "Is Loguetown being attacked by pirates?? Which pirate would be stupid enough to attack a marine base?!" A lot of confusion prevailed on the forecourt until a group of marines, who had previously been able to get to safety from the falling parts of the building, tried to bring clarity...
    "I-It was Commodore Frayzah... first he fell out of the window a-and then he attacked the building with his sword!"... "With his sword?!"
    And again the East Blue Marines were facing a Commodore from the 169th branch. A brief moment of silence ensued after the Mink gave the order, but quickly everyone followed suit with a unified "Yessir". Under his guidance, they began to form a safety zone to keep the people away from the surrounding buildings. As the growing crowd was successfully kept in check, one could perceive displeasure among the people.
    "The marines should protect us from harm and not fight each other!", "Why are you marines just standing around here? Someone has to intervene!", "Is this bear wearing a marine coat..?" ... that person then threw an empty can in direction of Reo's head.

Tashigi now too left the main entrance of the base and headed for the building, to which Smoker flew. "Smoker-san!" Still not knowing what exactly is going on, she got ready to come with her sword drawn to her Captain's help... "Move! I need to help him!"

Nearby Building - Roof
    _____
    While Smoker dived down with his Jitte ahead, Frayzah too moved towards him. On the middle of the roof, as they were only a few yards apart, Smoker noticed that the katana his counterpart began to resheath was now coated completely in black. Based on the wide-eyed expression one could see that the Captain knew what was going on... No way?!!

But he was too fast and too close to back down now. Blood and cigars flew through the air. Although he reflexively tried to dissolve his abdomen in smoke, it didn't help, as the sword attack slit through the smoke as well as his normal body. Whether his Jitte connected or not, he dropped everything after the moment he should have hit and landed a few yards behind Frayzah with a deep wound across his abdomen.

At first motionless, he finally tried to get up but fell back on his back. With a trembling hand, he removed a cigar from his breast pocket and searched for a lighter with the other. "Haki ... you deluded me with your first attack...", he said while coughing blood.

Aloe Vera, Frayz and Emperor Cross like this.
  15. Frayz

Bounty Points:
    My name is Jimmy Frayzah but enough about me for now. Elsewhere due to the panic among citizens I had inadvertently caused, a hooded man sitting alone in a local bar finishes his drink then gets up to see what all the commotion is about.

Before leaving the bar he leaves enough Beri to cover his tab and puts on a bright green bandana to hide his lower face. He walks unsteadily as he approaches the door, swearing at himself for it and it continues even once he exits.

This man who goes by the epithet 'Drunk Green' is my brother, a former Cipher Pol agent who learned many secrets in his time working with them.

Okay back to me again I guess. As I turn around I feel greater damage from the Jitte than I originally thought, a sharp pain in the chest as if he was using a blade of his own but it seemed the gamble to take the hit was worth it. Smoker was grounded, completely still and with a deep cut across his lower torso bleeding heavily.

It would of been difficult to tell because of my mask but I was completely shocked, I wasn't expecting the effects of Haki to be so devastating when put into practice.

He begins to move slightly, pulling a cigar from his jacket and fiddling around his pockets with the other hand. I knew what he was after and decided to oblige, a final request if you will. As he expresses his disbelief at the situation I approach, pulling out my own lighter for him to light his cigar before lighting a cigarette for myself and replying.

“Well I'm still new at it so it's a little limited. I am sure it was the same with your Devil Fruit at one point.”

16. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    Nearby Building - Roof
    _____
    After his former student lit his cigar, Smoker's arms dropped to the ground and he took a deep drag. While at first fighting for air, the smoke in his lungs seemed to calm his breathing a bit. As he exhaled it again, a stringy cloud floated into his inside pocket and brought out a small key.

It's for the secret drawer you'll find in the interior of my desk... *cough*
    You weren't wrong, instead of accepting casualties from fighting certain pirates, I just let them pass the Grand Line, knowing that none of them would ever return to the East Blue alive. I documented all the names that bribed me for this favor of looking away - From marines like Nezumi and his men who seemingly wanted to protect their own crooked business to pirates who thought I would do them a favor by giving them access to their own graveyard...

Tashigi was heard approaching from the street. Tashigi... briefly distracted, he turned his head back to Frayzah... It's your right to hate me, after all, I was ready to accuse your branch for the death of Nezumi in order to distract from my own guilt. Nevertheless, I ask you to keep my crew out of the matter, they were not inducted...

Capt_NakedPanda, Aloe Vera and Frayz like this.
  17. Capt_NakedPanda

Capt_NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    Narrative/Action
    Out-loud Speech
    *Sound effects*
    Flashback

Reo saw that the action on the roof has calmed down and the crowed has been pushed in a safe distance. However, due to the urgency of the situation the marines were a bit rough with the pushing which made the crowd even noisier. Chills got back on the mink's back and he started getting a feeling that if the people do not get an explanation, there is a possibility for things to escalate, especially with such a large crowd.

Looking towards the roof Reo was trying to see what is happening and check if he can locate Frayzah. Before he was able to get a good look the panda felt a bump on the back of his head.

Turning back to crowd the marine commodore followed with his eyes a can rolling on the ground apparently threw at him.

Burei: "Oh this shit is done, I am gonna brake someone's hands!"
    Reo: "Burei, remember what did you promise me... "

Reo: "Keep your promise and I will keep mine. Anyway it is Frayzah's fault he decided to do whatever he is doing in such an open fashion and put civilians in danger."
    Burei: "Fine..."

As the rolling can was calming down and coming to a full stop Reo turned to the crowed with all his serious face...

"Damn these seagulls, dropping stuff from the air, rerorerorero." - said Reo while making a big smile from ear to ear and scratching the lump on his head created by the hit - "According to the reports there have been an accidental explosion of gunpowder stored in the attic above Smokers office. Commodore Frayzah was first on site, assessing the situation and helping the injured if any. The roof might be unstable, so its better to move away from it as soon as possible. To make it up to you all I, Commodore Reo, the highest ranking chef in Marine forces, will personally escort you safely to the near by Main Marine Dinning Hall and if you are so kind to accept me as your chef and let me calm your worries and hearths with a free warm meal, you will make me the happiest chef alive." - said the mink, while trying to enlarge his huge watery brown eyes in attempt to look as cute as a puppy after the mischief it has done.

Burei: "Buraraaa, do you think they will buy that stupid lie. We could clearly see that they were fighting."
    Reo: "From distance we only saw them as shadows, plus they were moving quite fast and I hope to the untrained eye and from the low angle from the square they might have been hard to see. I really hope they buy in to the free meal bait because Frayzah has messed up big time and we might get into trouble because of him..."
    Burei: "Oh yes, he is being a bad boy, let "granny" spank him! :madmonk:"

@Frayz @Handsome

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  18. Frayz

Bounty Points:
    My name is Jimmy Frayzah. Justice has been served and just because it's the right thing, doesn't mean I took any pleasure in it. Captain Smoker broke the law and I only defended myself when he resisted capture, so why am I starting to feel guilty about it? Maybe it's because I just like see the bad in everyone or maybe I wanted it to come down to this all along. It doesn't matter what it is now though, I acted pretty recklessly and now he's on his deathbed.

After I lit his cigar, it surprisingly relaxed his heavy breathing which I assumed it was related to his Devil Fruit and the smoke he exhales reaches into his pocket soon after. It emerges with the key to the evidence I had previously wanted as Smoker goes on to explain his secret drawer and the full extent of his crimes. My guilt fades a little, knowing my earlier suspicions were true. Tashigi interrupts which causes him to ask for his crew to be left out of it.

“You may have had a noble cause but every Marine knows the risks when they sign up, you simply took the cowards path.” I reply, before taking a drag of my own cigarette “But don't worry, only your name was mentioned in my orders so I'll leave it at that. Unless there's evidence in that drawer of course but I suspect you're being truthful now.”

-

Meanwhile just outside the town square, Ensign George is talking to a shady figure. Just who is this mystery man?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  19. Handsome

Handsome

Bounty Points:
    One the Street
    _____
    More and more people were jamming in the crowd on the street. The initial hysteria flattened and the worried people gradually turned into prying onlookers. But the general unrest subsided as the much taller Mink turned to the crowd of people after he got hit by an object.
    The big brown eyes fulfilled their purpose and a murmur of relief flew through the crowd.
    "Well, I believe him, if Smoker-san was involved in a fight, we would definitely notice that.", "Phew... and I was afraid pirates would invade our town", "Did you understand what the big guy said back there?", "Not really, but I think he invited us to dinner", "Yeah, thank you Chef-sama". The lack of sensation and the relief of the non-existent fight drove the group of onlookers to cheerfully approach the Mink.

"Come on folks, let's accept Chef-sama's offer, who's with me?"
    Cheering, the crowd got ready to follow Reo.

Meanwhile Tashigi approached the building Smoker seemed to be on. Through the entrance and some offices, she made her way upstairs. Almost at the top, she saw a hatch leading to the roof.

Nearby Building - Roof
    _____
    Smoker knew that Tashigi would approach any moment. Now step aside... I will...
    A brief movement of his entire body announced the will to get up. But every attempt to move his arms and legs failed. Even his tongue slowly seemed unable to spit out more words. Instead, coldness spread throughout his body and the focus of his gaze gradually strayed from his former student and got lost. While the glowing cigar still hung in the corner of his mouth, his breath stopped entirely, and the smoke, which previously seemed to have started his breath again, flew out of his mouth to the sky like a ghost.

While Smoker passed away, one may hear the sound of a drawn sword, which is now pointed at Frayzah. Tashigi approached him slowly while staring at him, her nervous glance kept falling on her captain lying on the roof.

Aloe Vera, Frayz and Emperor Cross like this.
  20. Rohan

Rohan

Bounty Points:
    Rohan had travelled a long way across the sea to reach Loguetown. After he reached the city he went to the Marine Headquarters and waited for orders from his superiors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice