1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Kuina Tashigi Smoker and Dragon connections.

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by The Pandaman, Jul 12, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pandaman

The Pandaman

Bounty Points:
    Theory time
    i was just thinking on how Smoker Knew of Dragon and then thought of this theory
    Title: Kuina Tashigi Smoker and Dragon connections.

As far as we know From Zoro's Flashback, Kuina died when she fell down from the stairs.i mean isnt this too simple.

From Zoro's Flashback we can also see that Dragon's ship(revolutionaries) landed in their(Zoro's) Town.

So i think it was around that same time when the incident with kuina took place.
    everybody lost hope on kuina presumed she would have died.it is around this time that Emporio Ivankov Dragon and co arrive at koshiro's Dojo.

till now we know that Ivankov has a Devil fruit which can stimulate and manipulate Hormones.So what if Emporio ivankov tried to treat Kuina and succeeded and mind you he is called miracle person(would have performed a lot of miracles when saving lives).

As far as we know Koshiro never wanted Kuina to pursue swordsmanship because she was a girl and thats why he contemplated making Zoro his heir rather than his own daughter Kuina simply because of her gender.

So what i want to say is what if Kuina lost her memories after she fell down from stairs and then remembered nothing.
    And koshiro might've given kuina to Dragon to raise her.

And you might be thinking why would koshiro give kuina to Dragon??
    Because zoro.
    He might've thought that if kuina remains with Zoro then she would again pursue swordsmanship because of the influence of zoro and she might even regain her memories and this not help Koshiro's cause.

Dragon possibly couldnt deny koshiro because they helped them resupply and other needs however he knew as a revolutionary he couldnt raise her let alone luffy.

So he takes a decision i.e let smoker raise her since he trusted her and she might live a peaceful life(atleast better than with the revos)

And that is how i think Smoker knew about Dragon at loguetown and these connections.

So might be thinking about funeral which Zoro attended right?
    Zoro at that time was still a Child and i guess Children are easy to fool so i think koshiro made zoro believe of kuina's death by a fake funeral which also strengthened zoro's resolve on becoming world's strongest swordsman

And tashigi losing her memories might also explain how she lost her battle experiences and became weak.
    you must remember that it is battle experiences that grows a swordsman into a finer swordsman.and she with her memories also lost her battle experiences from her past.
    Trivia-Like Kuina, her name comes from a flightless bird. The fact she is named after a flightless bird is a reflection of herself. In regards to the bird itself, Oda stated though a bird cannot fly, it does not mean it never will,
    And Flightless here can also mean Shackles of her past Memories.i.e she will fly(not literally fly) after her memories return.

So what are your Thoughts guys??

P.S- Btw i dont know if anybody in the past made same sort of theory like mine.then my apologies beforehand.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    santoryu kageoni likes this.
  2. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Decent theory, however, there are two things that bother me about it.

Smoker could have easily just known about Dragon since he has the title of Most Dangerous Man. That is almost common knowledge to most people and I am sure that everybody in the Marines would know about him to some extent.

And the other thing is, how would Dragon and Smoker even know each other on a personal level to the point where Dragon could entrust a
    child to Smoker with having complete faith that he would do a good job raising her?

santoryu kageoni likes this.
  3. The Pandaman

The Pandaman

Bounty Points:
    it maybe because of Garp.Garp may have trained Smoker and might've met Dragon during his training with garp however we still dont have any evidences so i didnt wanted to speculate more on Smoker and Dragon's relationship because it would be like throwing Darts in dark.

or it can be that Dragon gave kuina to garp and garp later then gave it to smoker as he trusted him and told him about her past and all the things which happened.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  4. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    This can't possibly be the case because it wouldn't match up with the timelines. Smoker was a child at Rogers execution and Dragon already had the Revs established so him and Garp had a shaky relationship at that time I'm assuming. But like you said, it's not even worth discussing because there isn't enough solid evidence to go by.

Again, the relationship between Dragon and Garp could have been on edge at this time, but it is more plausible than the first one imo.

5. The Pandaman

The Pandaman

Bounty Points:
    ///This can't possibly be the case because it wouldn't match up with the timelines. Smoker was a child at Rogers execution and Dragon already had the Revs established so him and Garp had a shaky relationship at that time I'm assuming. But like you said, it's not even worth discussing because there isn't enough solid evidence to go by.///

you see kuina died when she was a teenager acc to zoro's flashback.most likely between the ages 12 to 14.
    and you see smoker is actually 13 years older than Tashigi so you see when he took in the teenager kuina he was already between the ages 25 to 27 so i dont ages would matter.Currently 36.
    or there can be one more possibility i.e Garp raising kuina until right age and then recruiting her into marines to Garp division so he can look after her and this way she can also gain experience without garp's parenting and that is exactly what i think Garp would do.

6. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    It is an interesting idea, but seems rather unlikely. The points @DizzyBrows raised are the main ones against it.

And regarding Kuina being a bird related name, most of Oda-sensei's female names are as well... ^__^

7. The Pandaman

The Pandaman

Bounty Points:
    true.well anyways theories are all based on speculations with the help of facts,well this is the only conclusion i could come up with the existing facts.
    Well anyways cheers.

8. santoryu kageoni

santoryu kageoni

Bounty Points:
    As stated by @DizzyBrows very well that all marines know who dragon is, the whole GD world knows him so that could have been how he knew dragon in lougtown but one thing I dont not get is why hand her to smoker ? There isnt that much of an age difference between smoker and tashigi so at that time as well he would have been a really young guy who had just enlisted so it doesn't make much sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice