1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Kuina is the Shogun of Wano

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Warlord Luffy, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlord Luffy

Warlord Luffy

Bounty Points:
    Hi guys,
    this is my first short theory. I hope there wasn't a theory like that yet. ;)
    So I saw this page, I'm not really sure from which chapter it is or where I can read the chapter.

[​IMG]

As we all know, there is one person in One Piece who really hated their gender.
    That person was Kuina!

And luckily, there is also a person who can change genders.
    And that would be Ivankov!

In that page we can see, that Dragon visited Zoro's dojo.

And here is where my theory starts. There are 2 ways I can think of right now, as to how Ivankov and Kuina got into contact.

1. Kuina talked with one of the revolutionaries, who was previously a different gender and during a training session or some other coincidence, Kuina learned about the gender change and went to see Ivankov.

2. Ivankov talked to her father and complimented the skills of the female student, who he saw outside, but then her father told Ivankov, that she will never be a great swordsman because of her gender. Which then made Ivankov send a message to Kuina / leave a message for her / went to see her.

Either way, they came into contact and Ivankov changed the gender of Kuina.
    She is now a boy :eek:

She then went back to her father and happily reported about her gender change and that she can now become a true swordsman.

However, her father reacted differently. He dispelled Kuina from the dojo. For a prideful man like himself, it was no option to tell people, that her daughter changed her gender. Or maybe she was meant to get married off to the son of a master of a different dojo. There are many possibilities, why her father dispelled her to not lose his face.

Kuina, who didn't know where to go now, had no other option than to leave the island with Dragon!
    For her father, the only option, to cover up the whole gender change and to explain where Kuina went, was to pretend that she died.

(It is also possible that the change didn't happen at that night. I just assume that it is the night when Zoro and Kuina fought. But she certainly learned about Ivankov at that night and might even have decided to leave the dojo on her own, to then seek Ivankov, which would also lead to the same scenario. Either way her father had to cover things up, to not lose his face. The daughter of the master leaving the island certainly is something that could have ruined his dojo's reputation)

Now I don't want to believe that she is still with the revolutionaries, so at this point I want to speculate even further than I did before.

At some point, Kuina decided that she wants to go to the Wano Kingdom.
    She knows that this is where her father's sword is from. And she probably heard many stories about Wano from her father. (Or was it from Wano? Just assuming that Koshiro is originally from Wano. If not, then ignore this part. As a swordsman, she might have just learned about Wano at some point)

And yep, that is where Kuina - the boy - is right now.
    For someone as skilled as her (him), who knows how to train students, and at her young age, she had a long time to train her skills even further and to join higher ranks in Wano.

She might have become the Shogun of Wano by now :eek:
    Why did she ally up with Kaido to take down Lord Oden?

Well, maybe because of the way women were treated in Wano. According to the OP Wiki, it says "Women from Wano are expected to be modest and speak gracefully and quietly.". Or maybe there was a different motivation for Kuina. Maybe to get closer to being the strongest swordman there is or she knew that Wano stands no chance against Kaido and then had to ally with him to protect Wano.

There is also the possibility that Kuina is not the Shogun but she/he will definitely be in Wano. :eek:
    Better keep an eye on any character from Wano, someone of them might resemble Kuina a lot.

To sum it up:
    Ivankov changed Kuina's gender, Kuina went to Wano. Kuina is now the Shogun. :dead:

Also to add to this from my other post:
    http://orojackson.com/threads/kuina-is-the-shogun-of-wana.28515/#post-1673902

edit: err, I made a typo. How can I change the title? xD

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. izaya

izaya

Bounty Points:
    I don't think she's the shogun I'm pretty sure he was already in wano originally. I wouldn't be surprised if she was alive though I thought it was really suspicious that the revos were at that island of all islands. Plus Ivankovs views on gender vs kuinas father's could have caused something.

8787NO3Monet and StevieV like this.
  3. CrushinDefeat

CrushinDefeat

Bounty Points:
    Never going to ever happen, but I'll give you props for the shock factor.... Kuina as the Shogun of Wano would make me toss my laptop across the room maybe even break it! I would shout in frustration at my broken lab top and point vigorously, but then I'd want to see the next Chapter Oda produces!

4. Vince

Vince

Bounty Points:
    When did fairy tales become theories? Because I just read a fairy tale.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  5. Warlord Luffy

Warlord Luffy

Bounty Points:
    Well, if she did become a boy and traveled to Wano, she would have had a good 8-10 years of time to train there.

I am not sure if everyone in the new world is following all the Wanted Posters. Kinemon didn't even know about the Strawhats, so chances are that the Shogun doesn't know about them either. And therefor doesn't know about Zoro or how he looks now.

I can imagine if they encounter eachother, that the Shogun (who might be Kuina), will then recognize his sword.
    Just imagine them fighting, and after Zoro lost(yes, I expect him to lose) .. "That would be the 2002nd time". And then she leaves him alive.

After that Zoro will get his power up. He will overcome his childhood drama and then finally win his fight.
    There was this image that many considered of foreshadowing Zoro's death in Wano.

http://orojackson.com/threads/the-death-of-zoro-chapter-944-odas-foreshadowing.9086/
    [​IMG]

But I believe that this image does not foreshadow his death.
    That tombstone stands for Kuina. You see that zombie trying to come out of his grave?
    It symbolizes that someone who is supposedly dead, is not dead.

That zombie hanging out with Zoro also could hint that the supposedly dead person is actually one of his close friends. :eek:
    Actually quite a few zombies on that cover page hint to Kuina. The one on the right, running away with a sword? That sword kinda resembles the Wado Ichimonji, which then also hints to Kuina, who took the sword to fight with Zoro back then.

Now lets add up numbers.

Tombstone 1: (December = 12)
    so we get 12 + 20 + 944 = 976

Tombstone 2:
    944. So now we are at 976 + 944 = 1920.

Franky's left shoulder:
    7 + 37 = 44.

Franky's right shoulder:

So what do we get..
    1920 + 44 + 37 = 2001. The amount of fights between Kuina and Zoro. :cool:
    We could also add the 1 from "One" Piece, to get to 2002, which would be their 2002nd fight, as I predicted earlier.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  6. Treeko D James

Treeko D James

Bounty Points:
    100% ganna happen, I can tell:peace::corasmile:

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  7. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    Kuina's not a bitch...

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  8. StevieV

StevieV

Bounty Points:
    Maybe Ivankov saw some serious potential in Kuina, and had something to do with her "accident"?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 7, 2016 ---
    I could definitely go with this, although Zoro would then have to beat Kuina and Mihawk. I don't know if Oda would be able to provide closure for all of that within the next 10 years!

Treeko D James and 8787NO3Monet like this.
  9. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    @Warlord Luffy did you read this thread :)? It's a bit similar to yours except @Kurohebi doesn’t suggest that Kuina is now the Shogun. I'm part of the people who believe Kuina is dead, and I can't see her doing something as evil as allying herself with Kaido anyway ^^' but, like @izaya said, I thought the Shogun was actually already a Wano person, isn't he like a military general? I don't know if a foreigner would have the right to become a Shogun, although the contrary was not clearly stated either :/

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  10. Ivan Zonder

Ivan Zonder

Bounty Points:
    So...the shogun of wano...is a transgender?:eek:

8787NO3Monet and Treeko D James like this.
  11. Warlord Luffy

Warlord Luffy

Bounty Points:
    Hm, you are right, that theory seems quite similiar. They also mention that Tashigi and Kuina might be sisters.
    Since Tashigi is really clumsy, she probably wasn't allowed to join the dojo, so Zoro never met her. The person who fell down the stairs was then probably Tashigi. She was also the one who was lying there with her face covered.

Her father probably gave her to the marines, because he couldn't cure her amnesia. Or something like that.
    Imo him looking sad infront of Kuina's grave, is just him thinking about his daughters and if he made a mistake by dispelling Kuina or not.

And that just gives even more reasons why Kuina has to show up in Wano.
    Smoker and Tashigi will most likely also be in Wano, so Kuina (the shogun) will be the perfect closure for Tashigi's past.
    I expect Kuina to mock her sister for her clumsiness and to reveal their past to her. Someone gotta reveal it at some point anyway.

Kuina's father might originally be from Wano, so Kuina wouldn't be considered a foreigner. And with all her time in the dojo, she should have the experience to recruit and train new warriors. All her experience might make her a great millitary general. We still don't know the motives of the Shogun for killing Lord Oden. For all we know, it could also have been to protect Wano from Kaido.

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  12. Azazel

Azazel Big Mom Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    I seriously doubt this is going to happen...

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  13. izaya

izaya

Bounty Points:
    IDK it's far fetched ofc but I feel like he wouldn't stand for gender discrimination so maybe. I definitely don't think she's a man now though that would be insulting to her and her relationship with Zoro.

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  14. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Interesting theory to say the least. I do agree though that she might be in Wano, but I doubt that she is the Shogun.

8787NO3Monet likes this.
  15. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    That's some crazy idea you got there, mate! xD

I doubt it...DOUBT IT, I SAY! But it was a nice read anyways... xD

16. Kuroh

Kuroh

Bounty Points:
    I did find it interesting that the numbers summed up to 2001 :). If Kuina is in Wano and will see Zoro she will recognize him, since now everyone is Marimo and have 3 swords :p

But honestly I do not think that she is shogun. I think shogun needs to be from powerful family or a clan and Kuina is pretty much no one. She came from outside even if her father was from Wano.

Something tells me that Kuina may be alive. We all thought that Sabo was dead. Even though we saw her dead body, it is possible that she is alive, because it is One Piece.

17. speednut

speednut

Bounty Points:
    I really hope Oda let Kuina stay dead, it would ruin Zoro's character if she's still alive. I don't think Oda would troll the fans like that, this is not Naruto, Bleach or Fairy Tail

Treacle, Patryipe and Treeko D James like this.
  18. KevinMarkRoy

KevinMarkRoy

Bounty Points:
    I doubt it but it will be awesome to see zoro vs kuina again :D.

19. Gambia's Grandma

Gambia's Grandma

Bounty Points:
    Wano is based on traditional Japan no way a women is the shogun. Kinimon even made references to how the women in wano are treated (as did her dad Koshiro) and there's no way they'd let her be shogun plus she's have to be straight up evil and this would mess up Zoros entire dream to becom the strongest cause she couldn't. My bets on the person who actually killed her (for her sword) is the shogun and will recognize her sword that Zoro now wields and Zoro will get revenge for his childhood friend in his most emotional and important sword fight yet. Cause I still think she died but doubt she died falling down stairs lol

Shanksette likes this.
  20. Warlord Luffy

Warlord Luffy

Bounty Points:
    You are missing the point. She is a man now (Ivankov changed her gender), so no issue becoming shogun.
    Kuina never appeared nice to me. Maybe you are reading a different manga but the only time she showed emotion was when she complained about being a girl to zoro, other than that she has always been a bully. And on top of that, Swordsmen are no nice people. They kill, that is their whole purpose.

Kuina being a boy to become the world greatest swords"man" in no way invalidates the promise she and zoro made.
    They both just agreed that one of them will become the strongest, and that will happen regardless of her (now him) being the shogun.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice