Discussion Kingdom General Discussion

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by Char Aznable, Nov 19, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Gol D. Tooth

Gol D. Tooth

Bounty Points:

The Ravages of Times(If you are looking for battle strategies, intelligent characters, and some good action)

This series needs serious discussion threads bc it is a bit confusing (you have to remember a lot of names, their relations with one another, and there is no map to get a good idea about the position of the cities or state) without it you won't pass 70 chapters... but still, this series is really good.. there is a website which has explanation for each chapter for like 20-30 chapters after that there is 2-3 line summary for the remaining chapters iirc.

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    My problem with "The Ravages of Times" is that it is very hard to remember characters name.

I had the same problem with Kingdom at first & I almost dropped it because of that. But it became easier to remember when they switched it to Japanese.

3. edogama

edogama

Bounty Points:
    Zephyr likes this.
  4. Gol D. Tooth

Gol D. Tooth

Bounty Points:
    try this spreadsheet if you have difficulty in remembering the character names and how they look...
    Also, I have started the discussion of the chapters on MAL so if you have any doubts you can ask in that forum if you ever decide to read this series again...
    hope it helps...!!!

Char Aznable and Zephyr like this.
  5. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    I don't know how much it will help but I will give it a try nonetheless. It would have been great if the series had a detailed wiki like OP, Naruto, Bleach or Kingdom.

Thanks for the spreadsheet.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. Gol D. Tooth

Gol D. Tooth

Bounty Points:
    This is a fan-made wiki which you can use but it contains a lot of spoilers so use it carefully. Besides this, there is also another website which contains the recape of tROT chapters volume by volume. The above spreadsheet was attained from this website.

Zephyr likes this.
  7. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    I also have the same problem with @Zephyr when it come to Ravages of time. It requires the reader to know the history.
    It is not noob friendly

Char Aznable and Zephyr like this.
  8. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for all the help. I will definitely check it out.

Gol D. Tooth likes this.
  9. Gol D. Tooth

Gol D. Tooth

Bounty Points:
    Let me tell you I dropped this series twice bc of the same problem. I have read the first 50 or so chapters 3 times.. but now with this spreadsheet and a little help from this website I have got a good grasp of whats happening...
    Believe me, no prior info about China's history is required...

In the end, it all comes down to how much dedicated you are... I like series with intelligent characters and good strategies, so I guess it definitely is my cup of tea.

Fuchsia likes this.
  10. Fuchsia

Fuchsia

Bounty Points:
    Honestly, it's not as hard to read as many people make it out. I myself started the series fresh, with no knowledge of anything Chinese history, granted it took some time to memorize characters and locations, but I did eventually. As Gold said, Ravages is a series that requires dedication, but even so, there are many avenues put in place by members of the Ravages community to help those new to the series, including the Ravages of Time discord server (i'm not sure if i'm allowed to link it here, but it's a quick google search anyway). In the server you'll find a most welcoming community, and with their help you'll likely have little problem progressing with Ravages.

I'm a little behind in Kingdom, I ought to catch up ;(

Zephyr likes this.
  11. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Okay so for some it might be considered spoiler, so I put it in spoiler. I just noticed something about real history and it's important to me

So it's probably the most overlooked ship in the universe but it matters to me. In the real history it's known that <Ei Sei> never named an empress after he unified China and became emperor and no concubines are known. And it brought me to a horrible conclusion that Kou won't live see the unification of China. I've never thought about this but it makes sense and she is the type of character people don't take much into account but when she dies it's extremelly sad because she is so innocent.

And I <knowing it's canon> ship Ei Sei and Kou and like to see them together, as we can see a softer side to Ei Sei. And I admire her dedication to do anything for him <and it might be one day her death cause ;(>

12. Marcusx8

Marcusx8

Bounty Points:
    You do know Sei already has a Son by a different woman. Unfortunately Kou is nothing but another women in the Harem.

13. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Their culture was different - King had children with many women and it wasn't weird. But Kou also saved his life risking her own to reveal factions plot behind scenes. She is the only one of harem women he is shown to spend free time with and show more affection to.

14. jorboku

jorboku

Bounty Points:
    Nooooooo i dont want that to happen.i love both of them so much.why you did this to me

Blue Rose likes this.
  15. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Oi, I'm hurt here too :lmao: The worst thing is I've never considered it and now it makes sense story-wise.

16. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    She is important to him but in the end she gave him a daughter instead of a son. In those times a I think a wifes/womans worth was mainly measured by the number of sons you could bare your husband. So in the grand scheme of things she will be overtaken in importance by other womens. That is unless she puts it up to the king again and she trys to have a son.

17. jorboku

jorboku

Bounty Points:
    Hopefully hara didnt go that way and make a twist.after what ei sei and kou going trough its really unfair to end up like that.beside hara didnt follow to history 100% so finger crossing
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 21, 2018 ---
    After hell kou and her brave friend going trough during rebellion not including shin it would make sei like completlly ass to dump kou like that.that harem woman take a stab in stomach and yet didnt raise a single voice just to rely information about queen mother betrayal to ei sei even in the verge of death refusing operation.thats is a woman to die for

Blue Rose likes this.
  18. Ruffles

Ruffles

Bounty Points:
    The Qin 6 was a "system" made by king Sho to allow his six most trusted generals to wage war freely without centrals intervention. It doesn't have to necessarily be a six generals cap that Sei needs to meet/hold- he may as well appoint the same right to more than six or less than six generals imo. This way everyone will get a piece of the cake (Yotanwa, Tou, Moubu, Ousen, Kyoukai, Shin, Mouten, Ouhon).:catpole:

Unless I've forgotten and there has specifically been mentioned that only 6 generals exactly will be given the rank/title.

19. jorboku

jorboku

Bounty Points:
    Well follow manga logic that there is always replacement but the system remains still unless it reaching the end series.sei did mention to shin about reviving qin six general so i do belive there will be only 6 great general will chosen.kindda like riboku and houken replacing renpa and rinshoujou

20. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Besides the Qin Six, Qin had a tendency of promoting regular generals to Great General Status. People like Moubu, Duke Hou and the GG who died due to poisoning are great examples. Coming back to the question at hand, Kanki could die and Mouten or Ousen is good enough to take up Souheikun position (Minister of right/Chief of Military). That leaves 6 spots for six people.

The Fool likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice