Discussion Kingdom General Discussion

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by Riley Escobar, Nov 19, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar - The Wanderer - Wanted

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Genres: Action, Adventure, Award Winning, Drama, Historical, Martial Arts. Seinen & Slice of Life

Type: Manga (Japanese)

Description: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Xin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Won the 17th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.

Read Here:
    Batoto
    KissManga

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Holy shit Riley did you read it? :D

Nobunaga, Kadis, Zoro and 2 others like this.
  3. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar - The Wanderer - Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Not yet but will be doing so its one of the manga i will be reading soon

Nobunaga, Kadis, Zoro and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Awesome! It has my full approval!

Nobunaga, Kadis and Zoro like this.
  5. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    :eek: Never read it but it sound interesting is it kind of Sengoku Basara

Kadis and Anthony like this.
  6. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    It's the greatest War manga out there :) My current favorite seinen-ish. Yes, above Berserk, Vagabond, Vinland Saga, and all the greats ^_^

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  7. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    Hello this is great, bump.

Kadis, DragonFist, Zoro and 5 others like this.
  8. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    It's the forum bump of love! <3
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 8, 2014 ---
    Latest chapter...... ;-;

See also: More Ribokuuuuuu~ <3

Kadis, Zoro, Dango and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Honestly we have one of the most epic characters saying their last words and giving their shield to the protagonist and you focus on Riboku.

You are lost in Riboku land, my dear.

Nobunaga, Kadis, Zoro and 3 others like this.
  10. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    Yeh agreed with Sammy xD. Riboku is of course awesome but DA DUKKEEEEEEE going out like the hero is was the best for me. Let's see how Houken's arm comes into play soon :eek:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    Nobunaga, Kadis, Zoro and 1 other person like this.
  11. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    XD That was why the tears came first! I didn't want to put in spoilers, but oh well. I really liked the Duke. Not exactly sure how he took out the guy's arm other than break it...perhaps some injury to make it unusable in the future?

Shin now has a glave and a shield...very Greek, imo.

Edit: I can remember weapons, promise.

12. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Well, he basically took out of any future fights as in break it. Similar to how Moubu broke his arm.
    *Foreshadowing* possible Moubu vs Houken hmm? hmm? @Recoilation

But yeah, The Duke called houken out on everything and gave us things we didn't know he can talk about. In 4 chapters, he actually KILLED Riboku if it wasn't for Houken being there. It's a fact that if Houken wasn't there, The Duke would have attacked Riboku and killed him which baffles me.. This is the first time Riboku gets outplayed, and by who? The epitome of what instinctual generals are about :D! Duke talking about how Houken contradicted himself and so on was very amusing to me; we might see even more development for Houken in the future.

And now, Shin has his glaive from Ouki himself, and the shield from The Duke himself.. It's funny how Houken and Riboku are the ones who killed Shin's 2 mentors :p.

13. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    Not necessarily...after all, we haven't actually seen Riboku draw his sword yet, and by all accounts he's supposed to be pretty damn good with it. I don't think he's even vaguely on Houken's level, but he might've given the Duke a run for his money.

The fact that his maneuvers were seen by two instinctual types, to me, just means that he has more room to grow. I think he went the wrong direction with his tactics - instead of creating something so complicated it would be impossible to work it out, perhaps it would have been better to add an additional element that also turned one's instincts against them?

That being said, there's nothing remaining to stop Riboku from pressing forward again, even if Shin does get to the front army first...he's now going to be dealing with a mighty brain with only a combination of his budding instincts and Karyou Ten's planning. I'm not entirely sure how much of a chance they're going to have unless they get some seriously experienced backup. :/

14. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    While the duke called houken out, had the force of knocking him away, tussled with him for a period of time, actually injured him, OVER-POWERED him with one hand, when the hero of Yan couldn't fight Houken for 30 seconds, and when Riboku was actually shown to be SCARED of Houken post-Zhao vs Qin, it is completely safe to say in a fight, Duke vs Riboku would end with Duke winning. Sure Riboku has fight prowess, sure he knocked shin away, but what's so special about that? In fact, the portrayal of their small scuffle showed that in terms of power, they're not too far off from each other, while Shin compared to the Duke, Houken, or Renpa is just unfair. Duke simply patting shin on the back made him fly 30 meters and actually injured his back. So yeah, in my eyes as much as I love Riboku (I love him way more than Duke), he clearly got outplayed by him and was legitimately about to die sooner rather than later if it wasn't for Houken. He even stated that he has never used his sword in a war which tells us he learned martial arts and got scars before becoming a general, now to think that he'd be able to win against the Duke is out of the question, the only possible thing he could've done was escape, which still hinders everything he did and makes Qin pretty much win the war with Riboku so out of his game. Riboku is the mind, while Houken is the muscles. That's the portrayal the mangaka has shown us since their introduction.

15. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    Actually, you bring about a good point (before I get to the rest of that wall)...if Riboku brought Houken with him to counter any General that did follow him, did he actually get out-played? After all, regardless of whether his Ace has lost the use of his arm or not, he has killed off the Duke and the greatest obstacle that was keeping him from moving forward toward the capital.

16. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    As I said, Riboku will never get outplayed (maybe in the far future) because if in tactics he gets outplayed, he simply brings out the big guns AKA Houken. And the big guns overpower everything!

All I'm saying is that it's actually unfair xD. Riboku alone can be vulnerable, but the man secured a clean slate in the form of a bushin which makes him the closest thing to invulnerable. What I was saying is that hypothetically speaking, if Houken wasn't there, things would've went real south for Riboku.

Oh and yeah, never said the outcome doesn't change. Things still go by as first planned even with Houken losing his left arm temporarily. I mentioned all of that to simply talk about things, power-wise, Riboku wouldn't be able to do, at least in the current timeline of the story.

17. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    And all I'm saying is that bringing a big gun to a knife fight is also a strategy. Quite a good one, as it turns out. XD

War isn't fair, and I'm sure attempting to go against Riboku is like trying to beat an Olympic swimmer with floaties on your arms. :p

18. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    I agree. Never disagreed. I'm not stupid to consider Houken not a part of Riboku's daily schedule. He has been since their introduction. As I've said, now to us, "Riboku is the brains, and Houken is the muscles."
    Talking about different scenarios minus Houken. That's the whole purpose of what I mentioned at first xD.

Kadis, Zoro and Dango like this.
  19. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    And the dim bulb brightens...

Without Houken I think he would've had something else up his sleeve in case his maneuver didn't work. One thing I've loved about his mind is that he creates all these amazing strategies and then promptly comes up with another plan of what to do if/when it fails. But you're right - it would not have gone nearly as smoothly as Houken magically appearing. XD

Kadis and Dango like this.
  20. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Yeah that's the thing. It's safe to assume that if not for Houken, his plan of taking over the main city would more or less fail. Live? Probably. Highly plausible. But overcome Duke and take the main city? sssss.. Highly doubt it.

Kadis, Dango and Riven like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice