Manga Chapter Kingdom Chapter 588: Right Wing's Headquarters

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by arara, Feb 7, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter!

1. Blew My Mind

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Great

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  3. Average

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    As I said, it sounded like Shin was asking for permission to me.

Shin should have said "Are you up for it" and "You don't have a problem with it, do you Ten?". But that's just me.

2. Nadeshiko

Nadeshiko

Bounty Points:
    that's the same thing lmao

GUDUman and arara like this.
  3. Alejandro Murrieta

Alejandro Murrieta

Bounty Points:
    Those are just a different wording to convey a same message.

And something like those bound to happen with a translation.

All in all, it's still have a similar meaning.

4. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    Information can only get you so far.

If he has info about Shin then he is bound to have info about OuHon too. Yet he preferred Shin to OuHon.

I think it has something to do with OuKi and Shin inheriting OuKi's glaive. It was hinted before. Anyway I want to know why OuSen is sweet on Shin.

KakumeikaPeri, GUDUman and arara like this.
  5. Gambia's Grandma

Gambia's Grandma

Bounty Points:
    Yeah Ouki and Ousen were I believe cousins and Ouki being the great general he was of the Ou family and giving his glance to Shin says something.

GUDUman, Single and arara like this.
  6. Nadeshiko

Nadeshiko

Bounty Points:
    Parent's tough love. My mom and dad also always being nicer to other kids than me. I think it is something like that :p
    People always gossiping about Ou Hon not being Ou Sen actualy son, but I bet Ou Sen doesn't even care about it. He's so cold and objective he sees men according to what they are and not who they are. Remember that Shin should be ranked higher than Ou Hon even before the war started, but the promotion was trashed because of his skirmish with Kanki-- who I think is one of the man Ou Sen cannot stand. I mean it's clear Shin is better, but the whole Ou Sen army thought Ou Sen would root for the son.

Yeah, they are both cousins. It's kinda funny though, Ou Sen is always the head of the Ou family, and Ou Ki was from the branch family, in this case Ou Ki should serve and follow Ou Sen according to the tradition. But in the army, it was the other way around since Ou Ki ranked much higher than Ou Sen XD

7. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    English is my second language so maybe I am reading it wrong but as I said to me it sounded like Shin was asking for permission or confirmation instead of asking if Ten was up for the job.

Whatever.

8. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    You aren't wrong in thinking that. Shin was asking Ten if she was alright with him taking command. Last thing anybody needs is for the head strategist to be overwhelmed or simply not up for the job. Especially when you consider their situation.

Dragomir, GUDUman, Zephyr and 2 others like this.
  9. jorboku

jorboku

Bounty Points:
    Gyou only had 20 days left food and thats not including ousen army,where he gonna find food to fill 100k soldier.ytw cant helped either because the moment she left ssj will hunt her down.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 8, 2019 ---
    Why ousen didnt taking gyou right after they entering the city.using the moment where ppl panicking and confuse would be lot easier.instead he waiting for 13 days losing lot of good men(even his "son" almost die) and wasting precious food suplly.even if they taking out gyou then what? they still surrounded at enemy teritory and they had no food left remind you.and its not zhao had lost all their general,they still had kisui,batei,bananji,gyoun,chogaryu,ssj,kousonryuu,futei,kaine and riboku not to mention houken.are you ppl think riboku will just sitting on his ass down after ousen taking gyou,his head is on the line here.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. Sleek Assassin

Sleek Assassin

Bounty Points:
    They are securing the south of of Zhoa it seems like to me. If they have control of Gyou and retake Retsubi they have control of the south and less obstacles when trying to take Kantan later.

KakumeikaPeri and arara like this.
  11. JOY D BOY

JOY D BOY

Bounty Points:
    Gyou had 20days worth of food to feed everyone in Gyou including the refugees. When Ousen/Kanki takes Gyou, they don't need to feed anyone from Zhao. Kill the citizens or drive them out and the whole land will be messed up. In that kind of chaos, Riboku won't have the leisure to be attacking the retreating Qin army. And they can have whatever is left of Gyou's supplies before making their final escape while some will remain to really make that Gyou a Qin stronghold.

As for why they didn't capture Gyou immediately they infiltrated. 1) When the refugees were coming, security must have been tight, it wouldn't be wise to make any move then. But lingering this long would make the officials to relax since Gyou seems safe enough. 2) If they had happened to capture Gyou then, they would have been surrounded with no route to escape. Now that YTW had won her field, there is an escape route for them. 3) Ousen must have been adding his talk with SHK to his calculations.

KakumeikaPeri, greenbeard and arara like this.
  12. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Was a nice chapter. The news of Shin having become the commander or the right wing sounds about right. I can already sense the epicness which is gonna follow.

And seems like the long waiting for Ousen's plan to finally start showing its effects is over. I hope, no, infact I'm sure he has got something way more surprsing up his sleeve.

13. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Now it all makes sense why Ousen wasn't showing any ambition to win this battle. Riboku thinks dragging the fight long enough is to Zhao's advantage but in real sense it's the opposite. After this War Ousen will likely be recognized as the one of the true great generals of China for getting one over Riboku.

14. GUDUman

GUDUman

Bounty Points:
    So, KILL NO CITIZEN was just a show, it was REPLACE THE CITIZEN.
    This is the few moments of twist that makes me love kingdom.

So, On sen does not fight where win is not possible is true. Nice, another one hand over Riboku's expectation. But I would like if someway Riboku gets this news and hurry things up.
    Yes he was with him for a long time. He also pointed about the similar things several times.
    Last time when Shin was promoted in the battle to 100o man commander Shin made then follow in different units rather than merging them into one, I think he would do the same this time like hyou unit. I think the problem would be during retreat. If they retreat before defeating Riboku ( I mean Gyou is captured before this battle ends) will Shin accept sacrificing men for retreat like heki was forced to do or will he jump into killing the commanders.
    Gyou is the 2nd largest city in Zhao and with people of 9 city they have food for 7 more days that might be good amount of food if they seize all of them. And Ou sen's men were 10 days in the city already they must have prepared something.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 8, 2019 ---
    It may related to the Ouki's Glavire.
    He is also from the same family.

He said about Locust to Shin after knowing that he was possessing that Glavire and has finally inherited it. May be that is the reason he had high expectation from Shin. He even placed HSU in the middle army back away from enemies, which looked like he meant to use HSU for surprize attack. But after HSU's failure of getting the head of Zhao's Right wing commander and incoming of an instinctual commander in the Zhao's Left wing he appointed them there by saying that he did not expected HSU's chance would come so fast.

All this points shows he had high exception from Shin.
    Moreover, Shin is the only person that taken down an enemy commander in this battle.

There is one more thing that was kept hidden that was the Question of Ou Sen to Shou hei kun be for departing Kanyou. It may be related to these 3 groups.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2019 ---
    I think its Ousen's warriors because i do not expect Kanki's men would not patient for 10 days and do nothing significantly eye catching.
    I expect them to be warriors/solders not just spies.

arara likes this.
  15. jorboku

jorboku

Bounty Points:
    You are right with ytw win they have route to escape but thats is the problem to escape.didnt the whole reason to take gyou is to make it a base for qin to invade zhao.assuming qin take over gyou and ousen and his army retreating to gyou all riboku had to do is following them and encircled them like kanki did.knowing with low food they had no other option to came out.they are still surrounded and outnumbered.ytw could came and help ousen to escape which mean they had to go to retsubi since its the easy route because the other route has been fortified by riboku.that means they had to deal with ssj,kousonryuu,and guardian diety of zhao who is guarding retsubi.even with all odds ousen manage to escape from retsubi if he cant estabilsh the food suplly line from qin to gyou the whole invasion will became fruitless.

arara likes this.
  16. JOY D BOY

JOY D BOY

Bounty Points:
    It's just SSJ and Kousonryuu that are at Retsubi, the guardian diety isn't there.
    For securing Gyou, I wrote this
    Definitely not everyone will leave. The new mountain allies won't leave their lands, and YTW will likely stay with them. Also Kanki will likely remain since his army hasn't been put under much strain. Ousen will likely leave some of his men too but the injured units and those who can't continue will leave.
    I also believe that Ousen's discussion with SHK involves sending another army towards Retsubi with fresh supplies within a certain time frame. If this is the case, then they'll be able to secure that whole region, from Retsubi all the way to Gyou and make it Qin territory.

17. jorboku

jorboku

Bounty Points:
    If there is interference from outside like qin sending more army then i belive ousen could secure the suplly line but that to assume they had more reserve army(it took two years to muster 200k).suplly line must be steady and cant be interupted.like kyokoku hill for example they want to take it because its natural fortress so when they building the defense it would be extreme hard to be captured and also because the postion is between the border but gyou is different.its right in the midlle of zhao heartland.leaving kanki behind is dangerous either because riboku know his weakness.i think ousen must chip away more zhao soldier in order they wont strike back.the other option is if riboku being killed by king before ousen estabilsh the suplly line because like i said the only one at zhao who can turn the table around is riboku.

18. kom5

kom5

Bounty Points:
    Could be one of the best arcs is one of the lamest arcs

arara likes this.
  19. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Final section of the chapter is the most interesting to me honestly. I've been waiting so long for Ousen to have some serious involvement in this battle and here it is coming to the surface. This would also explain his lack of movement on Shukai Plains. It could mean that he's been playing the waiting game for his men in Gyou to gain more numbers and assemble or something of the sort to make their movement. I'd also assume that Kanki is aware of this plan and has just yet to tell his subordinates. Looking forward to seeing how all of this plays out though.

Nice to see Shin becoming the central commander of the right wing as well. My nigga out here making some big gains.

arara likes this.
  20. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Taking Gyou and the Quanrong Mountain forest should provide Qin with a supply route back to Qin. The regions are also big enough and Qin can settle both citizens and Soldiers. Gyou has also been said to be incredibly close to Zhao's capital so it puts the whole of Zhao's nation on the defensive. They will probably have to move the capital more in inwards and with the king being a first class dick its possible he will order the execution of Riboku (he promised it in the manga). If that happens then it's surely game over for Zhao.

arara likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice