1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Kaido Can't Have A Dragon Devil Fruit

He doesn't have any fruit. There is only one scenario that would allow it, and it's pretty insane...

Share This Page

1. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    Su Long Bepo submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Kaido Doesn't Have A Dragon Devil Fruit - There is only one possible scenario that would allow it, and it's pretty insane....

Click here to read further...

2. Ivan Zonder

Ivan Zonder

Bounty Points:
    1. The quote from official is this
    [​IMG]

2. Yeah the Admirals can't swim but there are attempts that could help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only one that might not be able to do anything is Akainu , but that is questionable because he didn't have fear approaching Blackbeard's entire crew from a Battleship

Besides in the place where he was fighting there is / are Volcanoes , he might be able to create a new land with their Magma

Aokiji's ability is clearly the most troublesome if Dragon Kaido go to sea , and then Fujitora's and then Kizaru's

Su Long Bepo likes this.
  3. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    I see your point, but I still disagree. Their attacks on Law's submarine was dangerous because none of them would be able to survive in the water that deep if it was destroyed. The devil fruit users would be immobilized, and the others would probably be crushed by the pressure.

Light beams probably wouldn't hurt Kaido very much, seeing as he is nearly invincible. Freezing him would probably end up like Doflamingo or Whitebeard, where they just easily break out of the ice after a few seconds.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. Ivan Zonder

Ivan Zonder

Bounty Points:
    If he is weakened after defeat & chained with SeaStone , injured , and a lof of those light beams hit him then yea i think it'd hurt him because they'd make holes on him
    Whitebeard had Quake that Kuzan mentioned couldn't be frozen , Kaido has ... i don't know .

About Dofla , it's ambigous what caused him to be able to break out of that , but maybe because he could generate strings of his body , maybe because of his Conqueror , maybe because the freezing was just a warning ( the ice layer was thin )
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 28, 2018 ---
    I think going to sky is better than sea .

5. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    This is a false conclusion that many people come to. He was defeated, but doesn't seem to be able to take damage at all. Saying that he was "weakened" or "injured" is definitely a stretch. He has a single "X" shaped scar on his chest, and that's about it. Surely not enough to portray 7 losses. You can't just assume the beams can pierce his skin like it does with humans.

I think he was just incapacitated or immobilized to the point where he wasn't capable of fighting anymore. If he was really utterly defeated in combat that many times, he should have at least a few more scars, just logically speaking.

Regardless, I'm not understanding your argument. Are you trying to say that he has a dragon zoan fruit or do you just think some of my reasoning is faulty?

6. Ivan Zonder

Ivan Zonder

Bounty Points:
    So if he can't be injured or even weakened ... how could he be defeated ?

Also i don't remember Luffy having scar(s) from Kizaru's lasers ( if i recall correctly ) so if he took damage from Kizaru's lasers , the damage could still be healed
    I'm just trying to say Admirals could do some things if he was going to sea

But anyway , if you want to agree to disagree then ok

7. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    That's the million dollar question :lmao: there is some specific weakness that they would have to discover I guess.

I'm saying that the fact that he doesn't have scars in general means that he probably didn't suffer much damage during his 7 losses, which is why I think lasers wouldn't do damage either. People like Shanks, Akainu, and Whitebeard surely would have been able to leave a scar if it was at all possible. Thats my opinion on it anyways

8. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    The simplest retort to this is... If Kaidou has all these powers without a DF... Then he is essentially a new powers system in One Piece all on his own... He is a creature that defies every law of One Piece so far... We know Immortality exists in One Piece and have seen four possible examples in Bonney, Sugar, Law and Marco but those were all Devil fruit... We’ve seen Natural and artificial dragons in Ryuuma’s backstory and Punk Hazard and None of them even come close to what Kaidou is... We even know indestructiblity can be created due to Genetic science like With the Vinsmokes and Big Mom... BUT Everything you’re insunuating breaks every laid out scenario in all of One Piece... We would be nearing 1000 chapters and Oda would be introducing a completely new magic system in Kaidou... Does this look likely to you

9. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    That was a bit of a slippery slope you went on there. You added in immortality, which is something I don't think Kaido has and I didn't even mention it. The artificial dragons don't come close to Kaido, true, but then again they are clearly seen as failures.

As for invincibility, you would have to say it's ENTIRELY based on armament haki alone if he isn't an actual dragon. Sea prism handcuffs would have negated any type of invincibility from a devil fruit, and he would have died from impalement, hanging, or the guillotine. This alone means that invincibility does NOT come from a devil fruit.

Where are you assuming his invincibility comes from?

10. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    Where do you think the Germa’s Natural Iron skin comes from? Where you think Big Mom’s Iron ballon skin as well comes from? One piece already established genetic modification can lead to these things and yet you don’t care about pre-established Power systems... You want there to be completely brand new one yet we can very easily make out the previous ones... Like you even refer to Vegapunk in your theory and still can’t find any connection to the research we know he did since we know he worked with Judge... Anyway, I brought up Immortality because Kaidou is unkillable and the classic definition of immortality is being unkillable... And Kaidou isn’t even invincible as you’re asking... The guy has a scar so I don’t know why you’re using “invincible”

11. Passiopi

Passiopi

Bounty Points:
    Lol at people that think Kaido is immortal.
    I will wait and see those stupid faces when its revealed Kaido is not immortal but just the most durable character.

Su Long Bepo likes this.
  12. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    You talked about indestructibility and immortality separately, so it's only natural to assume you were talking about 2 different things.

Anyways, answer the question directly instead of making a bunch of implications. So are you saying Vegapunk gave Big Mom AND Kaido their extreme durability? (I disregarded the Judge/Vegapunk part because while the vinsmokes are much more durable then regular humans, they are far from being considered invincible.)

As for pre-established "power systems", you aren't the one that gets to take the reins and decide whether or not it's reasonable to introduce more. Blackbeard broke a major one by obtaining 2 devil fruit powers. We used to think the Gorosei were in control of the world, but we recently learned that there is someone even above them. Things will change as the series goes on, that's just how it is.

Yes, genetic modification is an established method of "powering up", but you make it sound like Oda isn't allowed to introduce anything more relating to that. As for what you said about the scar, I use the word invincible for lack of a better term. Someone has clearly damaged his body once, but we have yet to figure out how. As far as the readers know, there is nothing that is known to damage him.

Your analysis just seems very shallow and closed minded. Instead of stating something specific that you disagree with, you're just saying it's impossible for dragons to exist in the one piece world and supporting your argument by talking about genetically modifying hard skin. If Vegapunk really did it that well to anyone, we would be seeing the admirals getting something like that as well.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Passiopi likes this.
  13. ImmaIvanoM

ImmaIvanoM

Bounty Points:
    I didn’t say Vegapunk Modified Big Mom and Kaidou... The story clearly states these Genetic modification experiments predate Vegapunk by hundreds of years even...

I don’t want to respond to you Theory with another theory... That goes no where... And I’m telling you that making up a completely new power system is by far the most out there method of making a theory... If people really wanted to make theories and decided any power system they imagined is fair game then, well, I would generally stop taking one piece theories seriously at that point... This is similar to that theory about their being a time portal in Wano theory that was popular before it was stated that IT WAS SINPLY A DEVIL FRUIT... I just couldn’t even take it seriously at all... People don’t even make any justification about why there should exist a completely new power system... I mean at least justify THAT... But I guess I’ve seen my problem here. I actually decided to comment on this one instead of ignoring it like that Time portal stuff

14. BOCCHI

BOCCHI

Bounty Points:
    "Kaido has the ability to transform into a Dragon" OP ch.922

Kaido has the Dragon DF for sure.... you come up with dragons can change forms and sh** like that as their supernatural power and throw aside that this supernatural thing is exactly what a zoan DF is.

It's nice to make theories and what not, but when it's obviously wrong and very stretchy in imagination is kinda sad to see the likes of you mate to ge5 debunked fast by Oda.

15. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    If Kaido's invincibility and all of his power simply comes from a devil fruit as you are saying, then the sea prism stone clearly negates all of that. How do you suppose he got free from the handcuffs without using devil fruit powers?

You're asking me to justify why I think Kaido is a real dragon, and I'm saying it's because it doesn't make sense for him to have a devil fruit.

And just like Blackbeard gaining 2 powers, it's not really much of a power "system" if it only applies to one person.

You must be very incompetent to use the words of Kinemon, a person who doesn't even know what a devil fruit IS, to rationalize the existence of a dragon devil fruit power.

It might be a SMILE if anything, but I can almost guarantee that it isn't just a dragon zoan devil fruit.

16. BOCCHI

BOCCHI

Bounty Points:
    Smile DFs have been out there for about 2 years while Kaido had his DF for at least 20 years.

Su Long Bepo likes this.
  17. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    Good point, it can not a smile devil fruit. Then I stand by my hypothesis that he is just an actual dragon.

18. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    There are two reasons for which kaido might have the title of Worlds strongest Creature...first because he is a creature i.e. a dragon or something. 2nd He already gave such a title like Worlds strongest Man *and yes it does say Otoko* to WB to hype us into believing that he was the strongest character at that time. But now he has given us kaido who is stronger than WB and so he used Worlds strongest Creature...seibutsu...though it still is weird since kaido is a man too....but maybe since that term is used for humans and not for animal maybe that is excuse oda will make. I think its the combination of all these things.
    Ill copy paste one of my earlier comments about kaido before his reveal and everything..

I have a similar thought..it might not be the main ability but a side effect.
    1. My idea was like it could be that he is like a Chimera since he is Kaido of 100 beast meaning he might have abilities of these different kind of creatures. It is possible he was just a failed expt.
    2. He definitely has something to do with dragon. Reason being Hatred for Dragons. Momonosuke Refusing to fly which showed connection to kaido. And kaidos design itself hints towards it. Also him flying is heavily hinted with him being on a sky island and their surbordinates were asking where he went.
    idk who said it but this has been debunked in the story itself. Kaido was a prisoner in a ship which sunk but was still alive. So he could have survived like how Jack did.

From these points this is my idea. He ate a DF or was a dragon itself. It is possible he was a human once but not anymore so maybe he ate a Dragon DF or something like that or He was a Dragon with a certain power. The power of slime i.e. absorb. Whatever kaido eats he grows and evolves and gets its features and Adaptability.
    For example .. ill give some scenarios.
    1.He was a human who ate the absorb absorb fruit and then ate different things which also involved dragon maybe. When i say dragon think of something like dragon since it would also make sense. Or he ate one from punk Hazard expt... Dont like this scenario since it would make Kaido not a Zoan but a paramecia.
    2. He ate a Zoan fruit like slime or Dragon which gave him the ability of absorb absorb. and later ate dragon if it was slime or something else and others to gain new abilities.
    3. He was already a dragon with the ability who ate Humans, dogs cats etc....or some creature who ate human human fruit of some sort who had absorb kind of ability......very less chances if you ask me but cant deny it.
    4. it is possible he is just a dragon with that ability. but i dont think so....since he seems to talk to BM and WB as if he was younger...and his goals are too stupid to think it is of a dragon which i assume should be 100s of years old. so again chances are low but i do think it is also possible under certain circumstances.

it could be possible some experimentation also added to this creation.

Su Long Bepo likes this.
  19. Su Long Bepo

Su Long Bepo

Bounty Points:
    Don't disregard the fact that you just quoted someone that has no clue what a devil fruit is and used that as evidence to prove Kaido has a devil fruit. There is no explanation as to how he can free himself from Seastone either, or even how he survived his death while wearing sea prism handcuffs.

20. Sakkeru

Sakkeru

Bounty Points:
    I actually back this theory and it is a good hypothesis, I just don't think it's safe for any theory to say that you've ruled out all other options. I think regardless of the source of his power, Vegapunk surely was involved with trying to experiment on whatever his power is. Perhaps Vegapunk gave him his powers, perhaps he tried to mimic his powers, hard to say.

On one hand it seems surely that the way his powers have been referred to are distinctly different than a Zoan, and that such a fruit would be wayyyy overpowered. He has been so hyped up as a uniquely powerful immortal character, and just being another Zoan seems a bit simple considering how he is referred to as a "thing" and known as "100 beast".

On the other hand, we know that we are to see a huge war sometime soon, and it seems reasonable to expect that Blackbeard will show his face. I have seen theories that suggest that just as he stole the Gura Gura, the strongest Paramecia, he would then look to steal the strongest Zoan.

I also found that the recent theory considering Kaidou's suicide attempts to be very convincing, and if he is a naturally immortal dragon he should know the futility of these attempts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice