Questions & Mysteries Is Onigashima the Fishman Island equivalent for the "Oni"/"Beasts"?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by SanjiKun, Oct 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    I mean Oars is hundred of years old... and Little Oars is descendant from that Oars meaning that this is at leas more than 500 years old lineage. Yes we can said they where created as a result of giantification by the ancient kingdom or the WG way back in the days... the fact that they resemble demons is no mistake. Sure I could be wrong but it would be pretty dope. Oars die in the land of ice they said. Sure it could be another place but if Onigashima is that winter island we saw people telling Kaido that Doffy got defeated, then the causalities are to many. Again they don't have to be actually demons just as the dwarf where called fairies in dressrosa, they got mistaken by Oni by the people of Wano. they don't have to be a huge clan or anything either as we only seen two members and three possibly with Kaido a hybrid of some sort or a more successful or less succesful experiment...

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 14, 2018 ---
    If I may add this:
    [​IMG]
    The mad warrior that was called the devil himself

Cpt-Luffy and A-Shihi like this.
  2. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    He brings back their leader...i dont think thats the case...the oni just surrenders....
    well here i am still not sure how to put kaido into....i dont want to think him to be a natural existence and onis are natural existence....so i cant say what exactly his race is or what his original race was..it may or may not be oni or any natural race ...i mean no need to call him a thing if that is the case....its like calling minks a thing since they are a different race or fishmen a thing.

3. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    There is no need for them to be onis to be called onis. That simply could be how the wano people see them...

4. Kuroemon

Kuroemon

Bounty Points:
    I feel like Kaido is a non DF user.. just my thought tho

5. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Here's some more evidence. His scrubs in Onigashima all have biological horns like Onis. I thought it was helmets with horns initially, but they legit seem to have horns biologically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cpt-Luffy, kos and SMILE like this.
  6. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    does he has to have a fruit??

Lumenai likes this.
  7. SMILE

SMILE

Bounty Points:
    Or could be both have a df and still be of the Oni race it just would mean his df isn't an Oni mythical zoan.

Cpt-Luffy, King of Hearts and Kejon like this.
  8. kos

kos

Bounty Points:
    ^Isn't the other popular theory that he has Dragon DF.

So an Oni creature with a Dragon DF.

9. Hero_Hat

Hero_Hat

Bounty Points:
    If I'm familiar with Myth. Oni are said to be part Dragon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 14, 2018 ---
    Nice catch. I really hope we see more Oni. I also want to see if there is any female Oni.

10. Kejon

Kejon

Bounty Points:
    Moriah could be a Snakeneck Oni :LUL:

11. FirstCommander

FirstCommander

Bounty Points:
    I dont know if it was you who came up with this speculation but if you did, then great observation

SanjiKun likes this.
  12. Lumenai

Lumenai

Bounty Points:
    Why are some people saying Jack is Half fishman and half human? Fishmen are like half fish half human already? Saying he's Half Fishman & Half Human, is like saying he's 1/4 fish and 3/4 human aint it? O.o

Cpt-Luffy and King of Hearts like this.
  13. Charlotte Horchata

Charlotte Horchata

Bounty Points:
    Many pleasures and gifters also have horns that don't come from a helmet. Those aren't necessarily biological.

The answer is obvious. Would you prefer people to say that Jack is half fishman half Homo sapiens? Fishman aren't humans in the most basic sense of the word, being that members of the species Homo sapiens. I highly doubt they would even be classified as Homo. I don't know where you get the idea of fishmen being half human already, anyways.

There's a possibility, sure, although it would make Kin'emon's mission even more suicidal. Giants are known for their powerful army and you are willing to defeat the strongest creature in the world while he's living in an island full of the strongest race of giants? Even if they're only a few members, maybe it would be too much... But maybe he's already taking that into account, who knows. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to see an island with these giants, and there are many potential links between these characters, but we will have to wait and see.

By the way, if you're interested in Oars's figure, I have a couple of theories about his inspiration in a Japanese legend and how it could be reflected in the story.

14. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    I mean Little Oars was strong but compare to the YC or higher tier characters he was just bug and not much of a deal... Luffy easily dealt with giants before doubt they are a threat to stronger pirates. Just as in Elbaf is the strongest country in the world, Wano has a formidable military that the marines or wg don't approach, but I guess this is something told viewing it from the aspect of normal soldiers and a actual war. winning a war takes more than a strong person, strategy, military might in the sense of weaponry and above all a capable people. Most likely a normal marine would lose to a samurai 7/9 times and to a giant 8/9 times just throwing random numbers nothing factual. So far both giants and Samurais are weaklings compare to the likes of Luffy, Zoro, Law and so on. The chances of taking down Kaido by portrayal is already impossible increasing the danger really has not much on a effect. Yeah lets wait I see, btw i see how can i be totally wrong but there is a possibility and I really like the outcome.

Yeah I am open to any ideas you might have let me know!

Charlotte Horchata likes this.
  15. Charlotte Horchata

Charlotte Horchata

Bounty Points:
    As you said, this is more about having a formidable military than just very strong individuals that can match the likes of Luffy, Zoro, Law, etc. I personally believe that Elbaf and Wano are overrated and they wouldn't be, by no means, an actual threat to the World Government or an Emperor's crew. But they're dangerous against minor troops. If taking down Kaido is already a very difficult goal, adding a strong army full of monstrous giants doesn't seem to be a facilitator.

You can read my ideas in my Theories & Speculations, they're published there. Hope you enjoy them.

16. King of Hearts

King of Hearts

Bounty Points:
    @SanjiKun I agree with your speculation that Onigaishima will be an Island/region of Wano that is inhabited by the Oni race.

However, I disagree that the Oni race and the “Evil Giant” race that Oars and Oars Jr. belong to are one in the same.

The Oni= Those with human features who also happen to possess horns and other Oni-like features such as sharp teeth.

The “Evil Giants”= Creatures with non-human features with varying degrees of skin color and ogre-like features.

The Evil Giant race is far more aligned with being ogres than being related to the likes of Sheepshead and Ginrummy, who are clearly not gigantic but clearly not totally human.

Kaido could certainly be a hybrid of the two given his size and features but the rest of his crew are likely to be what people what consider “Oni”.

The people of Zou made sure to mention their “black horns”, which is clearly meant to distinguish them from normal people.

I honestly don’t get how this can be debated...? The Beasts Pirates are clearly of a different race and they reside on an island/territory called “Oni”gashima. They’re clearly of the “Oni” race.

Cpt-Luffy and SanjiKun like this.
  17. Hero_Hat

Hero_Hat

Bounty Points:
    Oni are Ogres, though. Just the Japanese version of them:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogre

18. Monkey D. Harambe

Monkey D. Harambe

Bounty Points:
    Dellinger is labeled as such. So that is where it began, I think. Plus so far in the series, only Dellinger and Jack are of the Fishmen race that have prominent humanoid characteristics such as (but not limited to) their skin color and them not having webbed fingers. So there it is; half fishmen, half human.

19. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    race in one piece is weird. i still think there will be big revelations about the different species in one piece all being the same. minks, fishmen, and humans are all people/sentient creatures that share the same level of intelligence and mental faculties and also share a common ancestry so they are all basically the same. interspecies mixing just leads to people like dellinger, who show traits of more than one race. we haven't seen how long necks/legs/arms + giants and potentially Oni (if it is actually a race) fit into this equation.

20. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Because of Dellinger.

[​IMG]

;(;(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Eustass D. Shanks and Cpt-Luffy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice