Discussion Is Heki to blame for the loss of half their food supply?

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by BossYimz, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:

Share This Page

?

Is Heki to blame for the loss of half the food supply?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    I say he is not to blame. The reason being, he followed the protocol necessary to secure the food

Reasons why he is not to blame:
    1. Heki planned for the scenario that he might lose the food. He split the food store in 2 locations to prevent the lose of all their food. Ch 540 pg 8
    2. Heki set up a defence formation to protect the food stores.Ch 539 pg 16
    3. Heki positioned the regular army to intercept a large army that could break through the defence formation that was protecting the food stores. Ch 539 pg 17
    4. Heki set up a communication protocol to alarm the entire Heki camp, if an enemy had intruded. Ch 539 pg 17
    5. YTW told Heki that it is not his fault that the food got burnt due to the enemy having underground tunnels. Ch 540 pg 8
    YTW is the commanding officer at her battleground and she said Heki is not to blame coz what happened was out of his control.

So the question is why are the fans blaming Heki, when all the evidence point to him expecting the unexpected and planning for a scenario where their food would be lost and making plans to protect the food?

If you reread chapter 539 and 540, you will see that Heki is competent when it comes to the defence of the food.

The only mistake he did was after the food got burnt, he let his emotions overrule his better judgment and charged the enemy, which resulted in high casualties on his army. However, he is not alone in letting his emotions overrule his better judgement. Kyou kai did it in the previous arc when she tried killing Kanki. Ouhon did it this arc, when he stopped escaping to save the old man. Shin did it this arc when he stopped going to kill Kisui and went for Riboku. Killing Kisui was guaranteed as Kisui was cornered by Shin and Mouten. If he followed through with killing Kisui, Kisui's army morale would have dropped and Riboku would have been forced to stay there and try to salvage Kisui's army morale. Thus he would have had his chance to kill Riboku. 2 bird 1 stone
    Letting emotions cloud their judgement shows that they still have room to grow. That they are not yet ready to shoulder the weight that great general shoulders

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Is Heki responsible for protecting the food? Yes he is. Ousen placed him in charge of ensuring that food gets to YTW and his men.
    2. Is Heki accountable for the actions he takes when protecting the food? Yes he is. Ousen left his in charge of the food thus he will have to answer to Ousen about what steps he took/didn't take when protecting the food
    3. Is Heki to blame for the loss of food? No he is not. Heki took all the steps necessary to protect the food. He followed the protocol thus he can't be blamed for it

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Yea, def. agree on the point that Heki's fault was pretty much letting emotions ruin his judgement after the indicident happened. Even now he looks really discouraged. But I think that'll be a huge part of Heki's growth, similar to how Shin used to be a complete idiot a lot of times before, and now he's wising up. Heki similarly will get that Mougou like calm mentality no matter the situation in my opinion.

LogicoftheVI and BossYimz like this.
  3. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    True that.
    I feel the author will make this arc a turning point for Heki.

So for me, this a turning point for Heki that will either:
    1. Give him character development and make him truly learn what it means to be a general.
    2. Destroy Heki. If he doesn't achieve in this arc, then he will be done for in my opinion
    I think the author will go with first plan.
    The reason I believe this is because, the author has not been giving him an easy time since the beginning. it would not make sense, to give Heki so much screen time, If all he will ever amount to is a punching bag for people then die a dog's death , then it was a waste of screen time. He can't even server as a hype tool coz he has never been presented as a strong person.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    LogicoftheVI and Maggi like this.
  4. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Right, he put in time through various arcs to make sure Heki had some sort of an advancement in character, that was pretty much parrallel to the main character's to be honest.

Though I also want to see 1 particular thing about Heki being expanded on in this arc:

- in the first wei war arc, he took command of cavalry and acted a real leader
    - then in the Ouki war, he was in a huge dire situation if i recall right to buy Shin and Kanou the time to reach Fakuki. And he made sure his troops held their place and etc. Hara went out of his way to highlight Heki's resilience here.
    - Renpa war, he despite being used as a bait, tried to make the best out of the situation as much as he could. So it'd benefit the Qin army.
    - (i'm blurry on heki stuff that happened after xD)
    - and then in this arc again, he's put into a dire situation again.

He's constantly been put into dire situations through various wars, where the main character is involved as well. And Hara maintained highlighting his resilience/determination /focus in the previous arcs.. then I think as you said, this should be the turning point for Heki, where all of the build up he had is now used to turn into making his character more dependable and big time general like.

Also might just be me, but I also feel that heki is sort of the Ussop of the manga. Meaning he represents your typical normal general in the manga, rather than superhumans. Hes working his way up the ranks (despite the jokes on his family being rich and helping and etc), and he continues to do so.

If he does become a Great General, then he'd represent the epitome of the "normal" generals/soldiers of the manga and what they can achieve. Rather than the superhumans like the Qin 6 or the duke.

LogicoftheVI, greenbeard and BossYimz like this.
  5. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    I agree with you.

Mougu and Heki are there to shows average joes that they too can make it to the top just by relying on hard work and perseverance.
    Mougu, left his position in the home state, coz he was made into a laughing stock by losing to Renpa each time. He went to Qin, started from the bottom and managed to crawl his way to the top and became a great general. Typical rags to riches story. When he died, Moubu had a flashback that showed them sleeping on hay which showed the struggle they were in.

Heki has achieved impressive things. It is just that he is overshadowed by the likes of Shin, Kyou kai, Ou hon and Mouten.

Read the post made by Ousen123 in a thread called "Why Heki is a general" in the Kingdom subreddit. He gives a detailed summary of the achievement of Heki. It is a long post, you won't miss it. It is impressive.
    The link is in the spoiler

Maggi, Hi Shin Unit and TheoryKing like this.
  6. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Hi Shin Unit and BossYimz like this.
  7. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    Yes, it is very impressive if you read it.
    When reading the manage we tend to focus on HSU, GHU, GKu achievements and forget the other people.

Maggi likes this.
  8. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    I also would assume it serves a morale boost & recruitment tool as well. Inspiring the normal to become soldiers or inspiring the normal soldiers to try and hard and work their way up, you know the whole "He did it through hardwork despite not being godlike, you can do it too!!"

I mean a person would be more awe inspired to fight in my opinion by hearing that Heki becoming a great general, compared to lets say Mouten who was born with natural abilities into a big time military family.

BossYimz likes this.
  9. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    True that. It is the same when En, a normal lieutenant in HSU, managed to inspire the guys to cross the river.
    Garo was looking down on En coz he is normal, however, after that event, Garo began respecting En

Maggi likes this.
  10. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Completely forgot about the time where he outshined every other unit in the Ousen Army

[​IMG]

BossYimz likes this.
  11. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    True that.
    People tend to forget that Heki is good at what he does coz they focus on other character's acheivements.

If you read what was in the link, you will see that he also lead Moubu's vanguard against Kanmei
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 14, 2018 ---
    A thread should probably be made where we post Heki's feats.

Maggi likes this.
  12. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    @TheoryKing and @BossYimz
    Ok..Ok I gotta give credit when it is due but most of his achievements are by assisting which I guess is a good way to go because without those.. Qin wouldn't be able accomplish what is needed to be done to pull out the win.
    Oh god.. is already been forshaodowed by Shou Hei Kun himself because he said Heki should reach Great general since they had no power to rely on during Sei Kyou's rebellion at the Battle of Drakin Plains.

LogicoftheVI, TheoryKing and BossYimz like this.
  13. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    Yep, Heki will make it to great general.
    BTW, I will be hunting for Heki feats and post them on a Heki feats thread that I will be making.
    If you guys want to help that will be appreciated

LogicoftheVI, Maggi and Hi Shin Unit like this.
  14. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    Perhaps @TheoryKing will assist you.

LogicoftheVI and BossYimz like this.
  15. Pika

Pika

Bounty Points:
    Still his feats aren't shit compared to Shin's so why is he a General when Shin ain't ?
    I understand that Hara wants to keep this "bro" relationship but still...
    You guys realize that Shin , Ou Hon and Mou Ten will be GENERALS AFTER CHAPTER 600 and this dude Heki is a general since 370-390.
    1000M HSU beats Heki army in a battle.

16. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    I made a Heki feats thread.
    So far I posted what he did during coalition.
    Go read it if you want.
    His feats are impressive

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  17. Pika

Pika

Bounty Points:
    I know his feats but they are still nothing compared to Shin's so why is he a general when Shin ain't?

18. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    He achieved more overall that Shin. That is the only explanation.
    We didn't see as much of his as we saw Shin.
    He obviously did stuff of panel that made him a general

LogicoftheVI likes this.
  19. Pika

Pika

Bounty Points:
    This average dude achieved more than SHIN?
    Stop it... He shouldn't been a General before Shin.

20. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    Ok, other than taking out enemy leaders, what has Shin done when it comes to his role as a commander with the exception of the current arc?

Heki as a 3000 man commander was tasked with charging Kanmei's 60000 man army and breaking through Kanmei's formation. He was to do that alone.
    Has the HSU faced such odds alone without the help of any other army or unit. He managed to achieve this and pushed through which allowed Moubu to act.

Heki as a 3000 man commander after Dyuke Hyou's death, took command of HSU (1000 men), Dyuke Hyou's remnants (2000 men) and his own unit (3000 men) and lead them to safety at Sai despite the coalition fighters trying to kill them along the way

Those are 2 examples that show how Heki acted independently, made decisions as a commanding officer and carried them through successfully.

Shin has done a lot of amazing things but they are mainly individual achievements that highlight his martial might. Most of Heki's achievement highlight his ability to lead men. He has not displayed Shin's lvl of martial might, however, when it comes to leadership skill, he has shows a lot more than Shin.

LogicoftheVI, zzdusk and TheoryKing like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice