Powers & Abilities How fast is Luffy?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Rp4lyf, Sep 14, 2018.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Puck_Owns_All

Puck_Owns_All

Bounty Points:
    kk sounds good ^^
    and you can understand Japanese?! that's awesome :D

2. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Well, to be fair to Holdem, Luffy and Zoro were distracting him with their aura. It's not like he was paying attention all throughout. Brook did the same to Big Mom.

Not. Movement Speed. That's reaction speed. Without FS he couldn't even dodge base Luffy.

Katakuri couldn't even react in time to Ichiji creating an opening for Capone/Caesar to escape through. I'd say Ichiji/Niji are faster in terms of movement speed than Katakuri.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Puck_Owns_All likes this.
  3. Jo_Ndule

Jo_Ndule

Bounty Points:
    katakuri was distracted at that time
    His mind wasn't there

Movement !
    Katakuri was able to catch g2 luffy and hit him with no problem
    He also ran after g4 boundman was catching up
    Is that also FS? FS doesn't make you move fast even if you know the way the person is going
    You need speed to move fast

Katakuri was dancing around sbalman attacks and came close to luffy to hit him
    Snakeman attack are faster than g2
    Yet katakuri moving fast enough to get luffy

That is not FS
    No matter how far you can see in the future
    You need speed to execute your moves

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2018
  4. Ryuarashi

Ryuarashi

Bounty Points:
    Not even sure if it was base Luffy
    completely but I do agree base Luffy is rather fast.

Really wanna see Sanji vs Oven scene animation. Hope it isn't slow motion..

Makes no sense. Doesn't matter if you have future sight if you're not fast enough to react you will still get smacked.

Highly doubt Ichiji is even near the speed of Luffy so of course Katakuri could have reacted to it him. Easily.

Katakuri literally kicked Luffy out of Soru, that is movement speed. You can't just kick someone when their Mid blitz without being fast enough to catch up to them....

Its baffles me that people actually think Kakakutri wasn't as fast as he was portrayed to be.

Buusatan94 likes this.
  5. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    The dude holding O-Kiku was standing 5 feet away from Zoro..... And all Zoro did was slash then guy, then Komijiro scooped her up in his mouth....

Nobody denies Zoro is fast... It's just ridiculous how people can downplay an insane speed feat from Sanji, while at the same time praise a generic speed feat from Zoro to high heaven...

You guys won't even give Sanji the slightest bit of acknowledgement no matter what Oda draws for the guy...

Hades, Levosire, Cpt-Luffy and 6 others like this.
  6. Bogard

Bogard

Bounty Points:
    Luffy was always fast. He is probably one of the fastest high tiers right now(Katakuri is probably the fastest high tier), but that feat didn't prove anything considering his opponents were mere fodder control. The fact Zoro replicated if not exceeded that feat it against an opponent of the same rank, and may even have been more speed oriented judging by her name and also having the extra 350 vision Oda highlighted at the beginning of the chapter shows as much

Geo, Guan_Yu, Szl and 2 others like this.
  7. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    Luffy base mode was not this fast, Sanji and Zoro I understand, but luffy really increased his base mode's speed in the Katakuri fight. Only after taking tama did he use Gear 2nd for redhawk.

8. Garps Tekkai

Garps Tekkai

Bounty Points:
    I personally don't believe in Zenkai boosts or "post boss fights"- growth because of reasons. So yea, imo he did not get considerably faster post Katakuri. Dude was always fast as hell. Feats like speed blitzing Caesar and drugged Hody or dodging that gastanet explosion point blank, already spoke for themselves back then. Add to it that post ts he's able to use Soru without Gear Second. Imo, if as serious, Luffy already could have done the same he did this chapter on FI or DR for example..

And I would consider him very high overall in the combat relevant areas (Short-/Mid distance movement speed and attack speed). His natural high speed goes well along with his great agility. Additionally he can still revert to full body G2. Something he does very rarely or if at all (Caesar and Fujitora fights from out of my head). He can use Soru. Yea, he's good to go.
    From what we have seen, he's in the top 10. For reference, Katakuri or Doffy are easily one of the most agile and fastest characters out of the high tier group. And Luffy could easily hang with them and is arguably even faster.

Careful_Refridgerator likes this.
  9. old sushi

old sushi

Bounty Points:
    It’s always been a clear dynamic between Zoro and Sanji with how they’re emphasized. Zoro is more destructive and Sanji is faster. Luffy at his highest better than both strength and speed but they’re only a few down in my own imo from where the two accel at compared to luffy at his full strength

Careful_Refridgerator and Rider like this.
  10. Rider

Rider

Bounty Points:
    as fast as sanji:D
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 14, 2018 ---
    speed is power...cit Kizaru...xd

11. Bogard

Bogard

Bounty Points:
    I won't say Luffy grew faster but what I like about current Luffy's portrayal is his serious and effectiveness.

Usually at this time of the arc, Oda make Luffy fall for traps that make him look weaker than he actually is but now you can clearly feel Luffy's power even from the little things he do.

He feels like a real high tier, maybe with his recent development(his FS at least) playing a part in it.

As for the off topic nonsense I see around here, I don't even know where to start lol

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Cpt-Luffy, Geo, Sir Xu and 3 others like this.
  12. france95

france95

Bounty Points:
    Luffy is rapidly growing.. I'm starting to believe that he will reach Buggy Level in the next few arcs.. a speed so great to elude causality itself..

On a serious note: I think the monster trio is being portayed with more or less the same speed level. Maybe Sanji is faster, cause blitzed Oven > Holdem without being seen (and also cause Sanji lacks a bit in other sectors wrt Luffy and Zoro)

13. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    ODA REGRESSED LUFFY FROM PRE-TIMESKIP AND IS NOW BRINGING LUFFY BACK TO HOW HE WAS ORIGINALLY. If you compare pre timeskip luffy, he never fucked around and took out the villian fast. Pre timeskip luffy was also serious and calm in fights. Compare Luffy vs Blueno to Luffy vs Doflamingo, he never gave blueno any openings nor did he give Lucci openings like he gave Doflamingo.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  14. GrizzlySama

GrizzlySama

Bounty Points:
    Katakuri in his base form was blitzing and countering g2.
    Katakuri was matching snakeman and also countering.
    Katakuri, who doesn't have forms was keeping up with snakeman which is a combination of the most agile and fast luffy can possibly go in CQC.
    Katakuri is the fastest in OP until we see someone faster.

15. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    And Luffy was dodging him a lot in base without Future Sight to the point Katakuri was stressed out.

16. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    Imo, Luffy is using G2 when he snatch Tama

17. OEKaneki

OEKaneki

Bounty Points:
    Luffy’s the fastest person in the crew and it’s not particularly close.

Guiding Thunder, luffyq1 and VTaichi like this.
  18. Deleted member 12352

Deleted member 12352 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Maybe. But there are no indications he used one. He might have later on when he used Red hawk but most likely this Luffy feat was in base form.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 15, 2018 ---
    Kizaru? Lol.
    Beside there is still a tier above em. They could be easily be faster. Admirals n Yonkou. We have to also consider other Yc1 like Marco..Benn beckman. Marco fought Kizaru in Marineford n was keeping up.
    Aokiji n Akainu. Shanks n Mihawk. Garp n Rayleigh. Dragon.

19. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    He is very fast

Cpt-Luffy likes this.
  20. GrizzlySama

GrizzlySama

Bounty Points:
    We are talking in combat, kizaru's df has a drawback , it takes to for his body to turn into particles before he can actually move.
    Long distance kizaru.
    CQC kizaru.
    BM, kaido and BB are defo not faster than katakuri. Maybe shanks but i dont see how a regular 6ft human without df can move faster than 6m katakuri.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice