Discussion Hisoka a sore loser or Chrollo a cheater?

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Just a member, Jun 12, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Who is cheating?

1. Hisoka

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. Chrollo

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. Nobody

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  1. Just a member

Just a member

Bounty Points:
    Or maybe neither of them? XD Just wanted to put/see a bit of a storm here. :p

Do you think Chrollo cheated taking in account all those preparations he made before the fight started of was it a masterplan?

And about Hisoka taking out the spiders, aka preparing the ground for the next fight as he likes the most, is it right to do so or is he just a sore loser?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. Winter G.

Winter G.

Bounty Points:
    Hahahaha. Yeah definitely a storm is brewing. :)

For me, it was a masterplan by Chrollo.
    First of all, Hisoka already knew how Crollo works. That's why he was dying to fight and beat the crap out of Chrollo.
    He knew the planning skills of Crollo beforehand, he has seen it, he's been a part of it for I guess twice or thrice or maybe more than 3 times already so he should have expected a brilliant plan was ready when Chrollo finally said yes to him.

And besides, Chrollo's nen ability is the book as to Hisoka's bungee gum. No cheat there. That is equal. Both nen skill. Too bad only for Hisoka, that book possesses a number of skills against to his bungee gum.
    So that's fair and square for me.

Just really a bad call for Hisoka, I guess he came to realized it too, right after he got phucked up by Chrollo.

And for Hisoka killing the group's members? Hahahaha I called it already a low blow from him, (Yet it was tactical too, but still low blow hahahaha) we dont know if Cortopi already has his skill given back to him by Chrollo, Shalnark doesn't have his antennae too.

So yeah, it was low blow from Hisoka. I kinda like the guy for his demeanor, that didn't change at all. I just got a little disappointed for him being such a sore loser. :)

3. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    I feel neither of them. Chrollo was smart and took precautions. He played it perfectly and it worked out. Hisoka doing what he did is smart as well since it lowers what abilities Chrollo can use. It's pretty much a chest match right now. I'd say Hisoka is currently winning as Chrollo is unaware of what's going on and he's already lost 2 key abilities.

Sunita and Just a member like this.
  4. Surgeon of Death

Surgeon of Death

Bounty Points:
    Hisoka is loser. Because he lose against Chrollo and started to hunt his underlings.
    Chrollo is clever. He made a great tactic against Hisoka.

Chrollo is stronger. Because he can combine every ability on the book with fighting ground.

Thabeast and Just a member like this.
  5. Gearfouuuurtho

Gearfouuuurtho

Bounty Points:
    The odds were definitelY stacked in chrollo's favor, I wouldn't say he cheated though. I think Hisoka would have had a much better chance somewhere where there isnt any other people for chrollo to use. His ability to do that forced Hisoka onto the defensive and essentially won him the fight. It was kind of unfair, but not really cheating.

Just a member and AceOfSpades like this.
  6. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    I don't think you understand the meaning of a sore loser. In no way is Hisoka such. Chrollo if anything was afraid to fight him until after he had stolen abilities from both the troupe and who knows who else. If anything that hints at him being weaker then Hisoka. Hell he needed a crowd of people and copies that would explode to hide behind. It was a cleaver tactic just as it is for Hisoka to go after them. It just so happened he started with the 2 whose ability was used the most. A sore loser is somebody who cries and complains about a loss and looks for any excuse to use. It's not in Hisoka's character to do that. He's evening the playing field and nothing is wrong with that. So unless you wanna call Chrollo a cheater you can't call him a sore loser. As it was supposed to be a 1v1 death match yet almost the entire crowd and ref got involved.

7. ZenZu

ZenZu

Bounty Points:
    Lmao this isn't a a sport we are talking about. This is a deathmatch...Chrollo came prepared Hisoka was an over excited moron. He is extra salty right now, but he did learn his lesson. He's making sure he's picking the time and place this time.

8. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    Poor audience tho
    Getting killed without any good reason
    This is why I always watch games on tele

heyYOU and Just a member like this.
  9. Arthand

Arthand

Bounty Points:
    I think Chrollo cheated because he got help from troupe but Hisoka probably knew it from the beginning and he got cocky thought he could have won which didn't happen.

10. Ivan

Ivan MadVillain

Bounty Points:
    Hisoka gets his jollies off fighting strong and skilled opponents, Both always got something hiding so I'll say neither of them cared who won. Hisoka a sore loser? what series you reading? Killing off the spiders is him provoking Chrollo into another showdown, cause again...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Sunita likes this.
  11. Juwai D. Seele

Juwai D. Seele

Bounty Points:
    Depends on your definitions and perspective of their fight.

I'll say neither.

For Chrollo, he have no reason to fight against Hisoka, and to stake his life on that, so he run around collecting abilities preparing for the fight. But since Hisoka is that insistence for a deathmatch, might as well put a stop to it. Chrollo doesn't have any reason to follow's Hisoka rule of mano-to-mano. Not a cheater, since he's that kind of planning strategist when it comes to fighting. He can fight someone in numbers, with a support helps, or even one-one-one eg. against the Zoldyck. No problem. From his perspective, having three helpers during the fight against Hisoka is normal, and the most efficient in ending the fight i.e. killing Hisoka.

From what I understand, Hisoka accept and doesn't mind Chrollo's fighting style, except he expect it to be totally one-on-one, no helpers at all. The audience which Chrollo controlled is part of his tools, they don't have wills of their own. It's quite obvious, from the duel, there are a lot of disparities, things happened that couldn't if Hisoka is fighting only against one Chrollo. There are signs of obvious external helps, thus Hisoka doesn't enjoy it. His goal is more on gaining pleasure from fighting. So, it's more of a disappointment in not getting the kind of single fight he wants. Hence, he starts killing the Spider's legs. Chrollo only requested help from the fellow members anyway, never outside whom their abilities he'll just steal if required. So, can't see that as being a sore loser. Somehow for me, Hisoka doesn't mind losing if it's one-on-one to Chrollo, but alas... thus we now see Hisoka is setting up the stage so that Chrollo will "agree" to that condition, whether he likes it or not.

From each of their perspectives, not being a cheater nor sore loser in respective. :owo:

Sunita and Bakuyasa like this.
  12. Helheim

Helheim

Bounty Points:
    Hisoka got his ass handed to him because he relies on impulse and instinct. He wanted his opponent to experience they won before he broke them but he bit more than he can chew with Chrollo.

It's his fault he didn't realized how dangerous Chrollo can be if given time while Chrollo knew all along how dangerous his bungee gum is and made preparation for it

13. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    I just read this fight a few minutes ago....wow, just amazing. I couldn't have asked for more. It came out of nowhere, but it didn't matter because once Chrollo was done explaining Sun and Moon, you could just feel the gravity of the situation for hisoka. chrollo is no cheater, Hisoka willingly walked into a death trap, and Chrollo even gave him a chance to back off

14. JioFreed

JioFreed

Bounty Points:
    Here's the thing:
    Hisoka was busy chasing Chrollo and ignoring the rest, he just wanted to play with a new toy.
    While being chased by Hisoka, Chrollo was preparing his plan to get rid of the clown once and for all, this is not cheating, this is usage of the brain lol

As much as i love Hisoka he was a sore loser at the end of that fight, like bitch thought he would have a lot of fun with his new toy, toy ended being more than he could handle.

I think Hisoka killing off the spiders is a strategy he thought in the last minute (literally xD), but i can't help but to think that there is a lot of salt in his actions x')

Hiken_no_Esu and Thabeast like this.
  15. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    Hisoka coming back from the dead felt like some Fairy Tail level BS.

Gotta catch'em all likes this.
  16. KingTabris

KingTabris

Bounty Points:
    Hisokas was dumb he said that himself, let someone like Chrollo prepare, and choose the place of the combat? Really?

About the techniques Chrollo used, I mean, It is his ability. And he never stated he wanted a "mano a mano" or that kind of shit.

Chrollo has an efficient fightin style, he wanted to end that fight asap, and the way he did it was perfect, and humiliating for someone like Hisoka; killing it with mere (explosive) puppets.

JioFreed, Thabeast and HORTLE like this.
  17. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    Chrollo said it himself, 'let me be clear, my chance of victory is 100%'. i think there were three instances where hisoka could have walked away. Of course he wasn't going to, but its not like Chrollo cornered him or forced him to fight. Quite the opposite, honestly.

18. KingTabris

KingTabris

Bounty Points:
    How? If its stated that the nen is stronger after dead.
    If thats bullshit then the PT could have easily kill Kurapika and Chrollo's chain could have dissapeared. But thats not the case.

Another example is Pitou that with just her huge determination, terpsichora was able to attack even with a dead Pitou.

Hisoka gave some pretty simple orders to his nen before he died, contract and retract, both properties of his nen. With that being said and knowing nen still works after death... How is that bullshit?

Cpt-Luffy likes this.
  19. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    i think togashi wanted to deliver on an amazing promise, that these two characters would fight. there was no way chrollo would come to this fight unprepared, based on his character. chrollo was destined to win from the start. and it was destined to be a deathmatch, with how annoying hisoka had been to chrollo, he wanted a chance to kill him and end the annoyance.

but Hisoka just couldn't die at this point in the HxH story. he still has to wait for gon to reach his potential. So Hisoka was for sure going to lose, and it was 100% going to be a deathmatch, but Togashi couldn't kill Hisoka off at this point in the story without pissing off a large part of the fandom.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2018 ---
    i do kinda agree with him, that hisoka surviving smelled of an asspull. its not an asspull because the concept of nen is so flexible, you can make just about anything possible with certain Hatsu's. The job of the mangaka is to keep the story coherent and believable. Hisoka had to lose to Chrollo for it to be believable. Chrollo had to challenge him to a deathmatch for it to be believable. But Hisoka also had to survive so the story can remain coherent (him fighting Gon later on). Hisoka's bungee gum Hatsu had a practical application to keep him alive, I think Togashi did it well.

20. KingTabris

KingTabris

Bounty Points:
    Ik it even look like Chrollo didnt saw Hisoka as someone worth his time.
    He gave Hisoka opportunities to leave but since Hisoka wouldnt go away, Chrollo decided to end it in a fast way.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2018 ---
    Yeah I mean, you cant call asspull something that have a perfect explanation.
    But yeah at the very best you can call it convenient.
    But the way he put Hisoka in deep shit to then pull him out in such magnificent way was amazing. Not many mangakas can do that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2018 ---
    A good hunter (in a fight) is the one that uses everything on his environent at his favor.
    Thats what Chrollo did, and its not cheating.
    We can say Hisoka did the same with Gotoh with the trees.
    If you say Chrollo was cheating cause he used the crowd, then using manipulator abilities is being a cheater?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice