1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Hindu Mythology !!

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Heavenly666Demon, Jul 25, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Which one , if possible ?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2016.
  1. Hanumana

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sun Wukong

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. none

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly666Demon

Heavenly666Demon

Bounty Points:
    To be honest , I am fascinated by it all.
    First , we saw Zoro's Asura form (Asura are demons basically) , then we got Nico Robin with all those hands sprouting out (mostly seen in Hindu God and Goddess idols and whatnot) and now recently we saw Sanji father doing a thing called Garuda ( a bird which is some sort of 'vehicle' to one of the Lords).
    Oda has taken quite a few pages outta the Hindu Mythology and why not , it is beautiful.

But now the thing is , there is a possibility of one more myth that could come into play here.
    The name is Monkey God , Hanumana.
    All these theorists of One Piece say that Luffy is gonna become a Monkey King or Sun Wukong, which is from another Chinese myth . Now these are two possibilities that could happen with Luffy after he awakens his Devil Fruit or smth like that.

2. Calico Jack

Calico Jack

Bounty Points:
    Actually Hanuman did not have any ability related to elasticity or rubber (despite that he can change his size), So it may not be possible that Luffy's awakening lead to Hanuman in any way.

santoryu kageoni and Steins;Gate like this.
  3. Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

Bounty Points:
    No, please not.
    I don't want to see another Dragonball. ^^

Too many parallels for my liking. Bad enough Luffy's name is "monkey". :D

4. Treeko D James

Treeko D James

Bounty Points:
    oh come on Dont diss the monkey now :monkey: :smuggrin:

5. Heavenly666Demon

Heavenly666Demon

Bounty Points:
    This Hanuman and Sun Wukong theories , i heard em in the net. But then after the last manga chapter seeing how often Oda uses mythologies I said why not this. It might be true.

6. shadowfire22

shadowfire22

Bounty Points:
    I say zoros asura form relates more to buddhism then hinduism http://orojackson.com/threads/zoro-symbollically-represents-an-asura-from-buddhism.21997/ @Heavenly666Demon

Heavenly666Demon likes this.
  7. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Hanuman is said to be the 'son' of Pawan, the wind God, who is said to have been partly responsible for Hanuman's birth.

Dragon, who controls the winds, is a clear reference to this.

I'm sure that Hanuman had a part to play in inspiring Oda for Luffy and Dragon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2016 ---
    Agreed man.

Even Joy Boy is based on a Hindu King who was born in Kediri, East Java, Indonesia. King Joyoboyo (also known as Jayabaya).

8. Heavenly666Demon

Heavenly666Demon

Bounty Points:
    Yeah , you are right as a matter of fact. Coz when the first we saw his form , the 'soul image' that was formed had hair shape that are mostly seen in Buddhism.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016 ---
    @Saffron Kaizoku
    Man , thank you . I almost forgot that part of Hanuman's father and Luffy's father. Good Job.
    And I didn't knew that part about Joy Boy. Once again , Thnx

Saffron Kaizoku likes this.
  9. santoryu kageoni

santoryu kageoni

Bounty Points:
    It doesn't make too much sense to me.....I mean hanuman was a very pious and devout man towards his master, I dont see luffy following even his dad into battle let alone anyone else, he is more likely a leader. I understand the monkey and supreme strength connection between the two but otherwise its like you can compare him to obama for all you want XD

10. Heavenly666Demon

Heavenly666Demon

Bounty Points:
    Or maybe it's not about inner conscious or how much of their traits match with each other , but about their strength and the name 'Monkey' .
    If Luffy becomes Monkey King or God , then maybe they just need a name for Luffy's technique. Like Zoro's 'Asura' and Jajji's 'Garuda'.

11. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    i stopped being a true hindu a long ass time ago but from what i remember, some of Hanuman's powers were
    • he could stretch his tail(hey, relates to Luffy)
    • he could fly
    • he could manipulate his size(he easily picked up the himalayas)
    tbh i don't thing Oda is inspired from hindu mythology as much as he is buddhist mythology, being as Buddhism is a big thing in Japan, whereas Hinduism is mostly in india(tho i think there are a fuckload of hindus in trinidad, mauritious, and some other islands)

hinduism is to buddhism as judaism is to christianity so a lot of the stuff you see in hinduism can also be seen in buddhism
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016 ---
    Sun Wukong could also use wind powers, so imo he got his inspiration from there rather than hinduism

12. Ravagerblade

Ravagerblade Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    If anything I could see Luffy being somewhat similar to Avalokiteśvara as well.
    Never liked the connection to Sun Wokong myself, it's to much of a cliché to use in writing now. Oda should do something to differentiate himself from others, and that would definetly to distance himself from that Monkey King association.

Back on the first thing though is that it's Compassion and is known for thousand arms and so. lol I don't know much about this stuff so I could be wrong.

13. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    I think Oda is heavily inspired from Hindu mythology.

Joy Boy - who was most likely the King of the AK - is based on a Hindu King of Kediri, East Java from between 800 and 900 years ago in our world.

Let me say it again - the KING of the Ancient Kingdom is based on a Hindu King.

What's more, the Noah is based closer to Manu's origin story than it is to the Genesis Flood Narrative.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Ancient Weapon Poseidon is based on Vishnu's half-man, half-fish avatar: Matsya.

[​IMG]

Let me say it again - one of the Ancient Weapons is based on a Hindu deity.

In Japan, India is revered as a holy place because the Japanese regard India as the birthplace of their culture, of Buddha and more.
    Many Japanese deities are literally copies of Hindu deities. With respect though.

Dragon is based on Taishakuten, a Japanese deity who was based on the Hindu deity Indra.

Like I said, Oda is heavily inspired by Sanatani mythology.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 26, 2016 ---
    Also, Hanuman's spiritual father was literally a Wind god as I said.

That defo links to Dragon, who can control the winds, being the father of Monkey D. Luffy.

It could be a mixture of both Hanuman and Sun Wukong.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Heavenly666Demon likes this.
  14. Heavenly666Demon

Heavenly666Demon

Bounty Points:
    Beautifully described , my man.
    I actually didn't know that there was so much more than meets the eye. You have strengthen my claim.
    Thnx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice