General & Other Harmony: the overarching theme of the Zou, Wano, and Kaido storyline

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Ghidorah Guy, Feb 10, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Rather than clogging up other threads with own my theories, I figure I'll just consolidate everything here. Apologies for potentially sidetracking anyone else's threads with my own ideas, or piggybacking off others' own.

Here I will delve into the connections between the three aforementioned players, and how all the current and forthcoming storylines revolve around the theme of balance, conveyed through:
    • Mankind's relationship with nature
    • How people relate to each other
    • Inner peace

Now, let's get the big elephant out of the room, and I don't mean Zunisha.

KAIDO - THE TRUTH BEHIND THE WORLD'S STRONGEST AND LONELIEST THING

It's first important to understand Kaido's origins and motivations, as he's the key factor driving the plot right now. Don't let Big Mom and the Vinsmokes distract you...the fight with Kaido will cap off the current mega-arc dating all the way back to the Strawhats' adventures on Fishman Island. Kaido in essence represents the central conflict of Season 2 of One Piece. It'll culminate with him.

Before we get to that, first we need to discuss just what Kaido is and what his Devil Fruit may be. After careful consideration of the many possibilities ( Dragon, Chimaera, Artificial Oars...) I've come to the conclusion that Kaido is...a turtle.

Yeah, you heard me. I laughed it off too when someone else brought it up, cracked a joke about Gamera. Hm, wait a sec. Gamera. What does Gamera remind me of....

Long story short, I believe Kaido was inspired by 3 specific sources
    • the Chinese Dragon Turtle and its significance in Feng Shui
    • The Cardinal Guardian Beast, Genbu/the Black Tortoise, and its ties to the Tao
    • Endangered species of turtles currently facing extinction

Firstly, the Dragon Turtle is an obvious variation of the Black Tortoise/Genbu guardian beast of Chinese/Japanese culture. Statues of it are known to promote protection, longevity, and good fortune in Feng Shui circles. I believe Kaido's uncanny "luck" is derived in part from its powers.

http://fengshui.about.com/od/fengshuiwealthcures/qt/Dragon-Turtles-Feng-Shui-Cure.htm

[​IMG]

As for the Black Tortoise itself:

"In ancient China, the tortoise and the serpent were thought to be spiritual creatures symbolizing longevity. The Fujianese custom of building turtle-shaped tombs may have had to do with the desire to place the grave under the influence of the Black Tortoise."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tortoise

Hum. Just so happens Kaido's name can be read as "church" or "temple." And he is sporting a shimenawa, which you'll often find adorning Shinto shrines for the purpose of purification and protective wards...

Consider that quite a few suspect that Kaido is in fact some sort of statue that was somehow brought to life. I happen to agree here.

See @beck 's theory on Kaido or this one here by @TheSey:

http://orojackson.com/threads/kaidou-is-a-shintai.16609/']http://orojackson.com/threads/kaidou-is-a-shintai.16609/

What's more, if you buy into the idea that the four Younko represent the Four Divine Beasts:

• Shanks -> Suzaku the Vermillion Bird
    • Whiteboard -> Seiryuu the Azure Dragon
    • Big Mom -> Byakko the White Tiger Mom? haha

..well, you might have found our Genbu right there in Kaido.

On the topic of real world turtles, I wonder then if Kaido's "Hundred Beast" epithet isn't some reference to Kaido being some uber chimaera or having an army of Zoans, but rather his age. Turtles are renowned for their lengthy lifespans, with some living up to over a century. Kaido the 100 year old Yonko?

It also brings to mind a certain bit of conservational crisis that made the news a few years back concerning some critically endangered turtles in China.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...angtze-giant-softshell-turtle-animal-science/

The Yangtze Giant S0ft-Shelled Turtle is on the cusp of extinction. There currently exist exactly 1 pair in China, with the only 2 other specimen ( two males ) residing in Vietnam, unable to be transported for health concerns. Numerous matings between the Chinese pair have so far yielded zero results.

This tragic story reminds me of the Galapagos tortoise, Lonesome George, who lived to be the last of his kind before dying in recent years, marking the extinction of the Pinta Island Tortoise.

Going back a second to the dragon turtle, it's interesting to note that some statues typically carry a baby turtle on the back of its shell, said to symbolize, "new beginnings, fertility, or excellent descendants luck."

[​IMG]

http://www.anusingh.com/symbolic_fengshui.html

Is this possibly what lies at the core of Kaido's fatalistic despair? The absence of companionship and zero prospects of fathering heirs? Is he in fact alone in the world, owing to his unique origins?

I very much believe so. Much about Kaido's life seems extremely unnatural.

TAO INFLUENCES AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF SCREWING WITH NATURE

Next, consider the link between Kaido, the Black Tortoise, and the revered Taoist deity, Xuan Wu -- a great warrior king who needed to confront his abuses against animal kind before he could ascend to a higher plane of divine existence.

One such telling of the legend goes thusly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuan_Wu_(god)

Another says that Xuan Wu was originally a butcher who had killed many animals unremorsefully. As days passed, he felt remorse for his sins and repented immediately by giving up butchery and retired to a remote mountain for cultivation of the Tao.

One day while he was assisting a woman in labor, while cleaning the woman’s blood stained clothes along a river, the words "Xuan Tian Shang Di" appeared before him. The woman in labor turned out to be a manifestation of the goddess Guan Yin. To redeem his sins, he dug out his own stomach and intestines and washed it in the river. The river turned into a dark, murky water. After a while, it turned into pure water.

Unfortunately, Xuan Wu did indeed lose his own stomach and intestines while he washing them in the river. The Jade Emperor was moved by his sincerity and determination to clear his sins; hence he became an Immortal known with the title of Xuan Tian Shang Ti.

After he became an immortal, his stomach and intestines after absorbing the essences of the earth, it was transformed into a demonic turtle and snake which harmed people and no one could subdue them. Eventually Xuan Wu returned to earth to subdue them and later uses them as his means for transportation.

Hum. Some pretty intriguing details and extrapolations to be drawn here.

(1) We once again come across the prevalent elements of childbirth , immortality, and...turtles.

(2) Intriguing how the monsters of the myth were spawned from the remnants of Xuan Wu. Is Kaido too perhaps a "shadow" of sorts? Some theorize he's the result of experiments to create Oars-like beings. Note again the living statue theory. Regardless, what's important to grasp here is the concept of a diluted, corrupted form of birth. This is a very important piece of the puzzle.

(3) I'm sure everybody's read Chapter 816, yeah? Seemed to placed quite a bit of emphasis on the concept of competing, yet interconnected entities by focusing on the spotlight on the images of the tiger and the dragon ( eternal rivals in Taoist belief ) and the testy relationship between another classic rival pair - the cat and the dog, i.e. Nekomamushi and Inuarashi.

What we have here is a clear allusion to the Tao symbol of Yin/Yang.

Take a gander over at @FalaaY's thread here for more info:

http://orojackson.com/threads/kaidos-true-power-and-his-significance-in-wano.21867/#post-1262252

Understanding of this concept will prove helpful in gaining insight into not just the mysteries surrounding Kaido, but Oda's upcoming plans. More on this later.

(4) Note the parts in bold. A warrior king who felt guilt over his killing of animals? Seeks atonement but unintentionally creates monsters in the process? Very intriguing.

I think this provides a revealing hint as to Kaido's ties to Wanokuni.

MAN AND BEAST: A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE

The above really piqued my interest after reading this great thread by @TheConqueror, detailing the possible link between the Minks and Wano.

http://orojackson.com/threads/the-e...e-during-the-void-century.21791/#post-1258059

As outlined by Conqueror's thread, I'm convinced the Wano samurai ( and possibly Kano as well ) were previously allies of the World Government during the events of the Void Century, having warred with the Mink - themselves allied with the Ancient Kingdom. The Minks' Electro techniques - very effective to swordsmen in particular - is a callback to that past enmity.

I theorize that at the forefront of the human armies was somebody very much like the Tao warrior king, Xuan Wu ( whom we'll refer to as such for the purpose of this thread ).

My general guess as to what transpired ( very broad strokes here )...

Xuan Wu Wu led the Wano/Kano forces to victory, slaughtering the Mink and forcing them into exile. He was hailed a hero, but feelings of regret for the blood on his hands would later come to haunt him. Years of reflection and the pursuit of spiritual enlightenment had quelled his violent character by this point in time. In fact, it was after he'd helped a struggling woman deliver a baby by a river that Xuan Wu finally gained an appreciation for the sanctity of life - all life. To atone for the lives he took, Xuan Wu committed ritual suicide by means of self-disembowlment, aka seppuku.

Is Kaido's prominent scar a recall to such events?

Upon his death, the people of Wano/Kano paid tribute by erecting a monument to house his remains. Furthermore, a statue was crafted in his likeness in homage, to keep watch over his shrine and all of Wano/Kano. Everything was coming up Milhouse...

...until someone decided to "feed" the mythical Dragon Turtle fruit to said statue centuries later for some unknown reason. Wano's past would come back to literally haunt it in the erzatz image of one of its most iconic historical figures, now at the head of a twisted army of animal men. Kaido was Wano's karma made manifest.

With Kaido's origins tied to both the history Zou and Wano/Kano, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that his character isn't just around to break shit; Kaido's very existence point to something being very, very wrong with the world.

Well, DUH. We knew that already. The World Government is corrupt and hiding the truth about the Void Century. Whats new?

Indeed. However, I'm 100% positive that Oda's intent is to point out the the more abstract, metaphysical crises that currently threaten the Strawhats and their allies. Hell it's Oda's commentary on the human race and condition as a whole.

Is it so surprising then that the upcoming storylines will be dealing with evil nazi assassins, the mafia, weapons dealers, WMD's, xenophobia, genocide....that's a curious shitload of horrible things Oda's packing into the plot. S'like he's trying to prove a point.

Humanity is fucked uuuuuuup~~

OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH NATURE

Three fundamental messages Oda conveyed throughout the Zou arc:

(1) Animals rock

Thus far, the Zou arc has served on one level as Oda's glowing tribute to the animal kingdom, exemplified by:

• the majestic, life-nurturing Zunisha
    • the supremely noble, loyal Mink
    • even humble lil Ryuunosuke and Co.
    It doesn't get more obvious.

(2)People suck

On the flip side stands humanity, whose maltreatment of the animal kingdom has likewise been highlighted as we learn more about the Minks, Wano, and Kaido himself.

• The Minks have suffered untold abuse, both at the hands of Jack and likely other humans in the past.
    • Zunisha is sadly the last of his kind, likely due to human predation.
    • I believe Kaido's suffering too is the direct result of twisted human experiments, and yet another nod to to the sad reality of endangered and extinct animals like the Yangztee soft-shelled turtle and Lonesome George.
    • Hell, even the Wano's treatment of Ryuunosuke seemed a bit excessive. Or at the very least, Oda really wanted us to pity the poor things.

No bones about it. Humanity's disrespect for the natural world lies at the root of many of the current problems facing our heroes right now. And therein lies Oda's point.

Consider our reactions to the big reveal about the Minks and their protection of Raizo. Kinda funny how much the impact of the twist hinged on us being blinded by our own cynicism. Some expected a backlash. I thought Pedro would be the one to incite a riot. Shit, I even cast doubt on the damn monkey. This chapter wasn't just meant to highlight the nobility of the Minks; this was a direct critique on human nature. On us, the readers. I think that realization was lost on some. I doubt Oda was being mean-spirited, but he definitely banked on our reactions and structured the plot accordingly.

A stroke of brilliance, but one that kinda forces one to step back and reflect.

Let's also look at Ryuunsouke and his tiger companion. Recall how the tiger and dragon embody the concept of Yin/Yang? What's interesting is how I've seen quite a few take it as some omen of imminent conflict between Dragon and Ishhou, yada yada..in other words, they interpreted it as a sign of conflict at first glance. Here again do we fall prey to our all too human foibles.

Ask yourself this: just what were these two figures doing just a few chapters ago? We saw two docile, charmingly goofy creatures performing back-breaking, some would say quite unreasonable work to the utmost best of their abilities with no complaints, dismissed afterwards in short order by their creators.

A few pages later, and people have forgotten that.

All we now perceive is a tiger and dragon about to tear each apart. For all we know, the tiger just wanted to keep Ryuunsouke company so it wouldn't be lonely. And yet here we are, diminishing their actions, writing them off as mere wild beasts as suits our skewed perceptions. We again fail to see notice what lies beneath the surface. Oda was making a very clear statement by including this scene.

We are out of sync with the natural world. Out of touch, disconnected, callous, call it what you like. Things are screwy.

Thankfully, it's not all a lost cause. Oda offers a glimmer of hope. There are those like the Kougetsu clan who have formed close bonds with the Mink. Remember too that Robin - notorious for her morbid, no-sensense attitude - managed to recognize and appreciate the value of Ryuunosuke's existence, no matter how brief or ridiculous. Humanity is fully capable of co-existing and respecting life in all its many forms. It's gonna take work.

EQUILIBRIUM

We come to the crux of the matter - the absence of harmony in nature, in our relationships with each other, and with ourselves. Here lies the heart of the struggles Luffy and Co. will be facing as they depart from Zou to Cake Island and Wanokuni.

(1) Man and Nature

The Mink have gained the Strawhats' heartfelt admiration. The Kougetsu too have very close ties. What about the rest of Wano/Kano? Further tensions may lie ahead on this path if the other clans decide to get all xenophobic

(2) Man and His Fellows

Just as cat and dog will have to work together before the end -even the Mink aren't perfect - so too will the Strawhat pirates need to overcome their differences if they are to survive.

With a split-up of the crew looming on the horizon, the chances of a rift now hang over the Monster Trio.

• Sanji ran off to deal with his personal issue on his own. I don't see him reacting favorably to outside intervention.
    • Luffy's acting too much on impulse without careful consideration. Both Law and Zoro needed to check at one point. This is not a coincidence.
    • Zoro is losing patience with both.
    They won't be the only one questioning how they interact with the world. The likelihood is that Wano will be forced to reconsider its isolationist policies and xenophobia. Needless to say, family is going be a big topic as well, with Sanji 's troubles at the forefront. Ditto for Big Mom and her daughters, just watch.

(3) Inner Turmoil

I highly suspect Oda will explore these three individuals coming to terms with their own inner struggles as the story unfolds.

• Sanji's well on his way, as he must finally confront and reconcile his dark past and family ties.
    • Luffy may find himself in a position where he'll be obligated to slow down a bit and step up a more responsible leader.
    • We might find Zoro himself questioning the merits of continuing to sail alongside Luffy and Sanji, on top of having to deal with his own family's legacy waiting for him on the shores of Wano. He'll come to realize how inflexible he's becoming. Predicting Sanji will bring up the "selfish" manner in which he confronted Kuma on his own back on Thriller Bark. Expect them to hash out their differences after a short scuffle.

Once our heroes have come to terms with their personal issues ( both external and internal), that is when their paths will begin to converge. The climactic, thematic battle against the unstable Kaido will finally commence. This is what it's all leading up to.

Kaido embodies the complete disruption of the Ying/Yang equation and the peaceful state of the world. When the two are not in alignment, the results are chaos, instability, and deterioration...For one, Kaido's very existence is a perversion of the natural life cycle:
    • Created through unnatural means.
    • Alone in the world, incapable of procreation.
    • Unable to even take his own life, an aberration in itself
    He's a completely corrupted of the Dragon Turtle myth. His vaunted "luck" is a curse. All Kaido has known is misfortune. He will never produce an heir. Longevity? He desires nothing more than to end this miserable existence.

Kaido hates himself and the rest of the world. He's the very antithesis of harmony.

The Strawhats and their allies will counter Kaido and all he symbolizes with an overwhelming display of unity.

• Inuarashai and Nekomamushi will bro-paw
    • Th mink will fight alongside the forces of Wano/Kano.
    • Big Mom will probably call a truce and back up the Strawhat's forces.
    • The reunited Strawhats themselves will once again fight together as a team, echoing their battle with Oars, which in itself foreshadowed this very encounter.

Luffy and Co. will prove that the weak can survive by joining together to topple the strong. Kaido will realize just how weak he himself truly is before it's all over.

This is the Strawhats' final test to see if their crew is worthy enough, both individually and as a team, to join the ranks of the Yonko, and taking that first step towards righting the state ofd their world.

Looking Ahead: the Fifth Guardian Beast

Not everyone may be aware of this, but certain variants of the Four Divine Beasts
    include a fifth member occupying the center - the Yellow Dragon. The other Beasts flank the Yellow Dragon of the Center to support it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Dragon

Hmmm.

Gol D Roger --> Yellow Dragon?

Shhhhh, admittedly a long stretch. The Yonko aren't united at all, much less dedicated to serving Roger's will - Shanks excluded. But then...

Note the Guardian Beasts also typically represent the five elements:

wood - blue dragon
    metal - white tiger
    water - black tortoise
    fire - red bird
    earth - yellow dragon

This is the Chinese version, tho. The yellow dragon is absent in the Japanese version, as the fifth element is 'void,' i.e. emptiness. Hum.

It may just be coincidence or me reaching here, but it does seem to parallel the current state of affairs. The seat of the Pirate King is vacant. One could argue the formation of the Yonko and their chaotic relationship is a direct consequence. Yet another system that is spiraling out of control.

I wonder, did Oda intend the Yonko to emulate the five Guardian Beasts structure? Are they meant to counter the five Elder Stars of the Gorosei?

If so, then perhaps Luffy's destiny is to restore balance to the world in both a literal and metaphysical sense. By the end of One Piece, he'll have become the Pirate King. Like the Yellow( or is it Gold ) Dragon, maybe he'll be supported on all sides by a new roster of Yonko. Rather than compete, they will act as one. The Five Guardians will achieve harmony, and all will be right with the world.

Yin and Yang will once again be balanced

[​IMG]

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Obviously there's still tons of holes ( Why do Kaido/Xuan Wu look similar to Oars ), and Oda could tear all this asunder at any moment, but there it is.

*dies*

Edit 1:

*explodes*

Edit 2:

*combusts*

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 10, 2016 ---
    Edit 4

*Turns into a Hollow*

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Divvens, Joy_Boy, ZoroGilla and 9 others like this.
  2. X. D. Rake

X. D. Rake

Bounty Points:
    I can see that working.

The part about the PK and the Yonkou working along is great, I can imagine some names:
    PK: Luffy

Yonkou: Law, Buggy, Bonney (Will take Big Mom place I got that feeling) and the other name I don´t know, I see Drake, Kidd and Aokiji having potential for being a Yonkou

vamsi likes this.
  3. NovaBounty

NovaBounty

Bounty Points:
    Haha good post mate.. Although I have few questions.
    1) should not whitebeard represent byako the white?? Instead of big mom ? It would make more sense since WB has the WHITE title and has fake mustache Just like tigers has ''mustache'' ( this is the familiar term)

2) whe already have pekoms who has a turtle DF and they would fight against Another Guy with a turtle power ? Sounds à bit répétitive.

3) where BB fit in all this ?

PS: I think too there will be a truce with Big mom:p

vamsi likes this.
  4. vamsi

vamsi

Bounty Points:
    hmm... it took me some time to read it all......
    now then...
    the most important thing is... that we don't know how yonko's restore the balance in the new world..... the only thing we know is they occupy some area for themselves and rule over it... and wages war on other lands.....etc... occupying other things....looking for OP etc....

so in my opinion i only see the bad that might happen if another one joins in the fray........
    if 4 becomes 3 or 2 then it's not gonna be bad... but 4 becoming five will only add calamity rather than bring stability....
    if u r relating it to the mythology... then it can be gorosei other than yonko.....
    and as for luffy... he will definitely fit to be one of the beasts if not the yellow one..... :D

5. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    All true. Big Mom may not be a Tiger Mom but a Dragon Lady.

The main thing that tied Whiteboard to Seiryuu in my mind was his weapon - a bisento. This massive halberd and weapons like it tend to commonly follow a dragon motif and all.

That's kinda like saying Momonosuke's Dragon fruit would spoil the introduction of the true Dragon Man. Kaido's not just any turtle - he's the supersized, mystical version.

Plus, with X Drake likely turning on him, I think it's Oda's way of tipping his hat to these two gents.

[​IMG]

Definitely banking on a Giant Monster/kaiju theme ( as part of an overall Japanorific pop culture theme ) cropping up during the Wano arc. Luffy's King Kong attack alone was a hint of what's to come. Be ready for the possible return of Moriah's giant form and Mecha Franky. Given Oars is related in some way to Wano, we may see Oars III making an appearance as well. We'll probably see a Pteranodon Man ( Rodan ), another SMILEY ( Hedorah the Smog Monster ), and a slew of others in the same vein..

Also, I recommend reading this article that discusses Gamera's connection to Genbu the Black Turtle and other myths.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2006/03/19/why-the-heck-is-gamera-a-turtle/

Points of interest:

• Genbu's connection to the winter seasons and Japan's northernmost island, Hokkaido. Kaido's favorite island?
    • A mythical giant who sets islands adrift. Sounds awfully similar to Continent-puller Oars, no? Another clue to his similarity with Kaido?
    • Said giant would uproot islands by trapping the giant turtles that served as their foundation. Recall that prominent injury on Oars' shoulder area? Signs of a fight?

That last bit segues into another small theory I have on Oars himself.

The more I think about it, the less I buy into this idea that Oars died because he was supposedly too stupid to bring clothes after blundering aimlessly into the land of ice. His relevance to the story is far too significant for such a flimsy backstory. Something's way off.

Little Oars Jr.'s introduction only heightened my doubts. Fierce as he was in battle, Oars III was otherwise extremely brave, a loyal friend, and nowhere near as dumb as his ancestry would suggest. This was a being no less intelligent or reasonable than your average person. I started wondering then if people were wrong about Oars I. His infamous reputation may've been the product of prejudice; or worse, intentional character assassination. For what possible reason, though?

Everything we've come to learn up until now about the world of One Piece is that it's one plagued by the prevalence of conspiracies, lies, and racism; a bulk of humanity governed through a system of oppression, censorship, and propaganda campaigns. Non-human species like the Fishmen have and continue to be subjected to cruel persecution whilst falling victim to continuous defamation of character. Just take the "human-hating" Mink tribe for example.

Conclusion: I think Little Oar's Jr. took after his ancestor in terms of personality; Oars I was likewise a decent person in all likelihood. He died not from an act of stupidity but wounds inflicted by WG forces or some other entity when Oars attempted to save his friends during some incident. Oars ended up carting his friends' ENTIRE ISLAND to safety in the Land of Ice before succumbing to a combination of the freezing temperatures, his wounds, and sheer exhaustion.

Remember that giant turtle the Strawhats came across at one point? This creature's appearance wasn't just another fulfillment of Usopp's lies; I believe it was freed ( not trapped, note Oda's penchant for inverting things ) by Oars, going back to the myth cited in the article. The turtle more or less served the same function as Zunisha before events warranted Oars removing the island from its back, perhaps with the intent of saving both city and beast. Note that said myth correspond with many others similarly related to the idea of a turtle carrying the weight of islands/worlds on its back.

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle

If Oars had any clothing to begin with, it was either destroyed in battle or given up to shield his friends from the elements. With the passage of time, the truth of his noble sacrifice would be buried amidst tales of his rampages, an image tarnished by human cynicism and ignorance, and even a possible smear campaign by WG.

Lurking in the shadows. Plotting. Waiting. Watching events unfold, ready to swoop in and strike after the big players are weakened from all the fighting. Same as he did back on Impel Down and Marineford. Like an oni, Blackbeard has a knack for catching people off guard. Many can attest to that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 13, 2016 ---
    No matter how the series ends, one thing we can be certain of - neither pirates nor marines will be leaving the picture. Good and evil, authority and rebellion, crime and justice, life and death, order and chaos....these fundamental constants are at the core of both human civilization and the overall universe itself.

The central conflict at the heart of One Piece stems from the complete disruption of this balance. Thanks to the machinations of the Celestial Dragons, things on both sides of the spectrum are becoming increasingly volatile, threatening to spiral out of control. Should the situation deteriorate any further, the entire human race ( maybe the entire planet itself ) may very well perish.

Elimination of the Yonko's or the World Government doesn't solve the problem, only temporarily postpones the inevitable. Forcefully removing a piece from the board only ensures another will take its place. Merely glance at the chaos erupting throughout the globe in the wake of Doflamingo and Casear's removal from the underworld trade. Observe the World Government's futile attempts to completely wipe out all traces of the Ancient Kingdom, which threaten to come to light with each passing day and tear down everything they've built. Did Roger's execution put an end to the age of piracy? On the contrary, it inspired a whole new era and set forth the events of the storyline.

The key to righting the world is by re-establishing balance not through the Gorosei's corrupted sense of "order" but by achieving harmony on both ends of the scale. What's needed is change, not destruction. Rather than fight each other, a new generation of Yonko must rally together. A leader must rise to unite them. The New World will stabilize thanks to the power of the Five Guardians and their moral center, Pirate King Luffy. As to the Marines, they'll have to eventually recognize the broken state of the institutions they represent. After much soul-searching, the call for reform will eventually be championed by leaders such as Coby, Smoker, Isshou, Sengoku, Garp, Tsuru, and others. The Marines will finallybreak away from the Gorosei and World Nobles, forming an organization founded on True Justice before series' end. Most important of all, both sides will be bound by mutual understanding and respect in spite of their opposing viewpoints.

That's not to say ALL violence and corruption in the world will cease. There'll still be bad pirates. They'll still be corrupt Marines. Pirates and Marines will continue to clash. Yonko and Marine alike will continue to bicker amongst themselves. Conflict and disagreements will always exist to some extent, after all. But at the very least the world would become a more peaceful, happier place. A world where differences are not just tolerated but celebrated.

A world where a tiger and a dragon don't always have to crouch and hide if they meet. Sometimes, they can simply just enjoy each other's company.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Joy_Boy, vamsi and NovaBounty like this.
  6. NovaBounty

NovaBounty

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for your answers ! I'll check your article ! Although yes Dragon fruit could spoiled kaidou fruit unless if we considere that momo's DF his an artificiel One. Otherwise we'll see his power eventually ! ;)

vamsi likes this.
  7. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    Even if I'm 100% wrong on this, a Dragon Kaido would be no less awesome. His transformation would blow Momo's out of the water by a factor of 1 Godzillion

tabachingching, Joy_Boy and vamsi like this.
  8. vamsi

vamsi

Bounty Points:
    hahaha....
    don't worry too much bro...
    Even if u r wrong it's totally fine....
    you theory isn't bad at all.......

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    tabachingching likes this.
  9. ZoroGilla

ZoroGilla

Bounty Points:
    I find that much of what Eiichiro Oda has been showing through the main antagonists or oppositions have strong, well hidden social commentary which I personally, absolutely find to true. Slaves, puppets, indoctrinated society, propaganda, drugs, more f*cked up drugs created by power hungry people and many others.

10. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    True dat. Much of it is social commentary as seen through the lens of philosophical discourse.

11. ZoroGilla

ZoroGilla

Bounty Points:
    Oda-sensei slowly trying to teach kids and adults whats wrong with the world XD.

vamsi and Ghidorah Guy like this.
  12. Franz Angelo

Franz Angelo

Bounty Points:
    PK working with Yonko sounds like a great idea. Do you think it could also be possible for one of the Yonko to side with Luffy (i'm not referring to being Yonko subordinates but some sort of an alliance) and support him with his plans to become PK? I was thinking that since Yonko's are currently leaders of NW, there are also chances they will endorse someone to be next in line or someone they will place their bets on to be the next PK.

It could happen to Shanks or even BM. I definitely feel negative against Kaido and BB.

What are your thoughts on this?

vamsi likes this.
  13. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    Shanks might be doing just that as we speak. I think he's just trying to keep things stable until Luffy's ready to ascend, like a steward of sorts.

I def think a new generation of Yonko will appear to support Luffy's bid for PK once Kaido and Big Mom are out of the picture. Guys like Law, for instance. It'll be an alliance in the same vein as the Strawhat Grand Fleet; everyone acting of their own free will to carry out Luffy's; yet another seeming contradiction that promotes wonderful camaraderie.

Blackbeard won't even be a Yonko by this point per say. He'll have upgraded to Blackbeard, King ( or Destroyer ) of the Entire Fucking Planet. In his mind anyway.

14. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    After Luffy defeats the Yonkos we don't need a new generation of Yonko supporting Luffy. We need Supernova vs Supernova battles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice