Guild wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Central' started by Kuro, Mar 15, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Thndrcist

Thndrcist

Bounty Points:
    Same here. I played GW2 since launched and leveled up 10 characters to 80. I played it until the megaservers roll in. I guess Gandara is not really populated before the launch of megaservers then? Gandara's EU and I believe that population wise, NA have way, way more players. I play on NA Tarnished Coast since launch btw. :D

That is not how I experienced the introduction part on my server. It's always full and some of them are even guests from other servers. I think if I played on a low pop server, I'll like the megaserver more. One of the best recommendation that players pointed out is instead of megaserver, why not just combine low population servers instead, after all, their main concern is some players don't find enough players to play with. I guess ANet thought that megaserver is the next big thing because TESO has one. :lmao:

One more thing that killed GW2 for me is that the megaserver destroyed the community that players built. There's really no point about it anymore other than WvWvW. Organized server key farming, guild events, server community events, and other server community activities are not possible anymore because of the megaserver.

I'm assuming that if GW2 went F2P now, they lost quite a lot of players due to the past and recent changes. :lmao:

2. Kyros

Kyros

Bounty Points:
    @kurumu-chan Is there a class that fares far better than the others when it comes to solo PvE? Doesn't matter if it's newbie-friendly or not, I'd rather start with something that kills things as fast as possible even with the most basic gear

I've been reading some guides but they're a bit old/outdated, so the opinion of a veteran player is most appreciated :eek:

DaniCaridwen likes this.
  3. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    Well it's not called "Guild Wars 2" for no reason, the point is that you can play together with people in pve and no matter what server you are from you can do the things you like together :) I think excluding people just because they are on another server would destroy the community but honestly the community is awesome! And not just in my opinion but it actually got multiple prizes within and outside of the MMO genre ^^

DaniCaridwen likes this.
  4. Thndrcist

Thndrcist

Bounty Points:
    @Kyros
    I haven't played in a long time, but solo PVE that fares better than other classes would be Warrior, Guardian and Ranger.

Warrior and Guardian because of tank and spank. Can't go wrong with these two classes. They both excel in all aspects of the game. PvE, WvWvW, PvP, and group instance. These guys are favorites in all aspects of the game as well.

Ranger because someone will tank for you while you kill them at a distance. :lmao: Excels in PvE and PvP. Debatable in WvWvW and group instance. Best PvE solo-er imo and my favorite class, event though it's pretty gimped in any group content.

DaniCaridwen and Kyros like this.
  5. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    I think the professions are all pretty ballanced, I would personally reccomend you to go for warrior, thief or necromancer if you want to go for power as a starting player. You can also deal a lot of damage with elementalists but they die very easily so unless you run with someone you might have some trouble in certain area's that are highly populated with enemies.

DaniCaridwen and Kyros like this.
  6. Thndrcist

Thndrcist

Bounty Points:
    Guesting was better than the megaserver. :lmao: My opinion would probably be the same as yours if I was playing on your server. Not sure about you if you are playing on my server. Like I said, use the analogy of OroJackson merging with 4Chan. Imagine that.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree because we'll just go back and forth here. Capiche? :D

DaniCaridwen and kurumu-chan like this.
  7. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    To be honest I don't really get that metaphor. I think that not being able to play with people from other servers really limits the fun you can have in this game. You are not really supposed to have a deep bond with your server other than in wvw I think because honestly why would you? The only place where servers matter IS in wvw. To give you a better example: Imagine all the races of tyria being devided, and only asura could go to all different regions. But charr would stay within ascalon and sylvari wouldn't be allowed to leave the grove. That is what it's like, doesn't matter if it's races or servers it's unnatural to leave people out of something. And pve is not even a competable game mode. But I guess I have made my point and so do you, to each their own and I can understand that if you have this "server pride" it's hard to accept that that doesn't work the same way anymore. So I hope you can see past it and still enjoy the game and if not leave it up to the people that can see past it to do enjoy the game :)

DaniCaridwen and Thndrcist like this.
  8. Thndrcist

Thndrcist

Bounty Points:
    Our experience are way too different. Actually, you are supposed to have a bond with your server, not just the WvWvW aspect of it. ANet was encouraging it before the megaservers rolled in, just so you know. If your server was a tight knit community, I doubt you'll enjoy the megaserver that much, especially when the megaserver can't even get the algorithm right or your community outside WvWvW got destroyed. That's how it is on NA, at least.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do leave it to the people who enjoy the megaservers, especially the ones who are in the low pop servers who are or might be feeling left out. I just asked if they get rid of the megaserver because I haven't touched the game in a long time and then it suddenly became a debate. :yaaa:

9. Kyros

Kyros

Bounty Points:
    Only three days into the game but I can already say it's one of the best MMOs I've ever played

Mae, DaniCaridwen and kurumu-chan like this.
  10. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Thats really good to hear :) were you on a paid or on a free account?

11. Kyros

Kyros

Bounty Points:
    Free account, I want to see how the game treats f2p peasants before I consider investing something more than just time into it :p
    Even if I'm either alone or with random people 99% of the time and learn stuff by trial and error, it's been a very enjoyable experience so far

DaniCaridwen likes this.
  12. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Thats nice and you can always add me if you want :)

Mae, DaniCaridwen and Kyros like this.
  13. Kyros

Kyros

Bounty Points:
    How do I do that? The contacts window only allows me to add players using their names, not their codes

Mae and DaniCaridwen like this.
  14. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    yea its Thuza.4738 thats the name you need toe tner there

Mae and DaniCaridwen like this.
  15. Whitey Bay

Whitey Bay

Bounty Points:
    I started GW2 at the start of this month. It looks Neat.

Not played all that much, max lvl guy is at 7-8.

Mae and Deleted member 5199 like this.
  16. Taiga Yang

Taiga Yang

Bounty Points:
    Just started playing this a few weeks back. Really into it too :D

Pros:
    * Very user friendly for an MMO, easily adaptable
    * Extensive character customisation, unlike most MMOs, you can fine-tune every bit and detail into your characters facial features
    * Very good graphics
    * Unique storyline features dependant on character creation/background. This is a first for all the MMO's I've played.

Cons:
    * Introductory gameplay may need more added to it, there were some features that were left out requiring the player to figure it out for themselves
    * Crafting system needs a bit of work. Some zones do not possess all professions plus levelling crafting is way too time consuming.

I would recommend this game nonetheless, still exploring most elements of the gameplay.

Freeze likes this.
  17. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    I was downloading it then I was like nope, I wanna go for Aura Kingdom...
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 15, 2016 ---
    Then I said I am gonna play this year...

18. Flashy Nerd

Flashy Nerd

Bounty Points:
    I started playing it but I'm currently stuck at this one part and I dunno how to continue from that point on. Because I can't get past it I stopped playing :(

Soma likes this.
  19. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    I stopped...

20. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice