Guild wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Central' started by Kuro, Mar 15, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    Guild wars 2 is coming out mid 2012 and it's a whole new kind of MMORPG.
    I expect it to completely obliterate world of warcrafts rank in the top mmorpg's list.

I have a lot to say about the amazingness of this game, but These videos can say more then my opinion ^^

Top 10 reasons

Race Trailer

Soma, DaniCaridwen, Mae and 2 others like this.
  2. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Guild wars 1 was epic but i think guild wars 2 is totally different thou im waiting for it. i don't think im going to buy the collectors edition but still.

Dango likes this.
  3. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    I just saw this

[​IMG]

kurumu-chan likes this.
  4. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    They finally announced diablo 3 and im waiting more for that so :D im happy about that

5. Rex

Rex

Bounty Points:
    I've applied for the beta version but sadly so have a million other people xDD

6. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Inivtes haven't been send yet so we have to wait

7. Rex

Rex

Bounty Points:
    Still didn't help the anticipation :unsure: But it did give me a little hope :p

8. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    There are a lot of people saying GW2 is better than Diablo 3 :eek:

DaniCaridwen likes this.
  9. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Its a totally diffrent game an people are stupid and hate classic gameplay and love freaking mmo's thou GW2 can be a mmo that i like.
    but one thing for sure they both have things that are better now and that are fucked up

10. Kuro

Kuro

Bounty Points:
    One aspect that I love is that theres no such thing as "grinding" (having to kill 500 of the some monster for some quest just to get like 5% exp?) It think mmo's that'll come after gw2 will follow the new principals they threw into the mmorpg genre. I've been an mmorpg player for a long time, and this is an mmo unlike anything i've ever seen.

I myself think that blizzard (diablo III) is taking waaay to long to release their games. I think diablo III would have been totally amazing if it were released in 2011, but I think it doesn't live up to the standards of 2012. Though blizzard is known to release "perfect games", I'm expecting more from gw2.

11. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Guildwars 2 is only maybe cool for me because you can actauly do something in battles compared to most of the other mmorpgs.

and Diablo 3 has nothing with 2011 and Blizzard takes time because they make quality outside WOW ofc
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2012, Original Post Date: Mar 16, 2012 ---
    Did any one else buy the game?

12. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    So I see this topic has been quite inactive for a while :p so I thought I'd bring some life to it again by posting this:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/...-an-unprecedented-sale-and-double-xp-for-all/

Guild Wars 2 will be at PAX this weekend and for everyone who can't be there they have this very awesome offer where you can buy the game for 75% off ^^ according to my awesome mathematical calculation that would mean that you could buy the game for the awesome price of € 9,99 euro's (and 14,99 for the Digital Deluxe Edition!!!) over here:

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2...ildwars2?_ga=1.125281672.360643656.1415349448

To me 10 euro's doesn't seem like that much if you think about the fact that they are throwing out this massive discount only a few days before the new season (Deluxe edition normally costs 60 euro's...) and the fact that you only need to pay once for the game to play :) all new content is free and there are no monthly payments!!! I actually can't believe these prices XD It is such a great game so to think that I could get it for such a low price... idk ._. I feel like my calculus is a bit off for some reason >,< :'D

Now I know what you are thinking... "Kurumu-chan, since when are you a salesperson at Arena Net? :eek:" Well I'm not :p I'm just really a very big fan of the game :3 *cough*hardcore fangirl :oops:*cough* And having a chance to play with you guys would be awesome! So anyone that is interested please let me know :yaaa:

Also for my fellow GW2 players out there that already own the game: A-net didn't forget you and me either ;) This whole weekend (jan. 24 and 25) there will be a 50% XP boost on all characters! That means that you can finally level your characters again in a reasonable time without having to curse too much about the new leveling system! :D (no that is only me? ok ._.)

I'm currently on the server Gandarra and I will make sure to play a lot this weekend to get my Ranger to lvl 80 :> FINALLY! So if you want to join me please do!!! :lol: I would be really really happy to have someone to play with (>^³^)><(^_^<) <- that is you politely trying to deny me from hugging you to death...

[​IMG] art by Jeffufu on Deviantart

--- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 23, 2015 ---
    Just a small reminder: 40 minutes left till the game goes on sale :)

13. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    DaniCaridwen, Mae and kurumu-chan like this.
  14. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    Since there is not enough posted in this thread yet, I'm going to start giving small updates and summaries on update and patch notes :)

There was a scheduled update on the 10th of march but for now that update has been postponed. The update will bring us different camera angles including 1st person!!! So yay awesome and all that :D only sadly we're going to have to wait for it a bit more :(

As far as the new expansion goes: Not much is clear on the release date but I'll keep you updated ^^ more will follow soon!

15. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    I thought the camera angles were a part of the expension :p

Mae likes this.
  16. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    Nope ^^ they will be added BEFORE the expansion!!! :D Good guy Arena net <3

17. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    than becuase you wanted to post here from the up coming patch you don't need wvwvw map any more for map complition

"You’ll no longer be required to complete the WvW maps in order to receive 100% world completion in the game. The WvW maps will now behave like other maps not required for world completion, such as Heart of the Mists. All vistas, skill points, and points of interest will remain on the maps."

DaniCaridwen and kurumu-chan like this.
  18. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    I'm going to link a page here about some stuff that is soon to come out :) we (me, black and flaminator) already got a sneak peak in game but for those who haven't seen it and want to do so here's the link:

http://dulfy.net/2015/03/16/gw2-upcoming-items-from-march-16-patch/

Bass guitar hype! :p

So as always I'll give a small recap:

• Most importantly with the current changes it is going to become a lot easier to get map completion with the changes that they made with wvw maps not being neccesary for map completion and now with the latest patch incomplete poi's, waypoints and vista's will now display a flashing effect.
    • Also you can now demote yourself within your own guild where as before that was not possible.
    • The critical damage of mordrem wolves has been decreased.
    • A feature to the chat log has been added that now allows people to see who voted to kick who.
    • For anyone playing a necromancer you might want to look into the new patch notes, there are a LOT of changes!
    • Shadow dyes are now available in the gem store, if you want to get one I advise you to change your gold for it at the end of this week but don't wait to long to buy them! They are not here forever, probably just because of the new black lion weapon shadow skins. But if you buy them now with gems they cost a lot less gold than in the black lion trading company :) (depending on the color you choose). For example: the shadow abyss dye will cost you about 20 gold where as on the tradingpost it costs around 200 gold!!! I see a massive inflation wave incoming :p
    ps as with any gem item you can't resell them! So don't buy them in the hope of reselling them and making lots of money$!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  19. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    What is it about necromancer patch note? thingy
    is this what they announced for next patch or last patch?

20. kurumu-chan

kurumu-chan

Bounty Points:
    Most importantly are the changes to the stability that will affect 2 of the necromancers spells: plague and lich form.

Other than that there was a minor bug fix to the leech life (skill 1 in downed state) and there were some other changes to the targeting system that affects the wurm summoning skill of the necromancer together with a few other classes. These classes are:
    Infiltrator's Arrow: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found.
    • Infiltrator's Signet: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
    • Infiltrator's Strike: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found.
    • Shadowstep: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
    • Shadow Escape: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found.
    • Steal: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found.
    • Blink: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
    • Flashing Blade: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found.
    • Judge's Intervention: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
    • Merciful Intervention: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found.
    Lightning Flash: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.

And changes to the necromancer are that before this patch, necromancer's traits would deactivate in downed state (as far as I understand. I might update this later.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice