1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Global Military Enlistment - How The New Admirals Were Selected

Marines Stepped Up Their Game'

Share This Page

1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Divvens submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Global Military Enlistment - How The New Admirals Were Selected - Marines Stepped Up Their Game'

Click here to read further...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Momonosuke

Momonosuke

Bounty Points:
    I think fujitora got his devil fruit after joining the marines whatever the enlistment was I think he did not have the fruit before but was seen as 'capable' and given the fruit

the world government with the help of vegapunk has created strong devil fruits that the marines use.

3. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Hmm, quite possible that Vegapunk has something to do with creating strong devil fruits.

I was also thinking that Sentomaru joined the Marines due to the global enlistment.

4. Madonna

Madonna

Bounty Points:
    In very first chapter we saw Coby almost denied when asking to join the marine. Later, he got accepted even though they know his past as a pirate in Alvida's Ship–but that was when Sengoku being a fleet admiral. Knowing Sakazuki, I agree with your statement, there must be more stringent procedures now. It's impossible for those who have a bounty on their heads to join the marine. But there must be some people who working in the shadows. It's possible for them to infiltrate the marine.

There must be a reason why Oda show them both later after post timeskip. Yes, I'm pretty sure they could change the tide of war. The Marineford War was crucial back then, but there must be some territory that no less important than Marineford need to be guard by such people who capable of reaching the ranks of Admiral.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Naito, theUnkemptHerald and Divvens like this.
  5. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Indeed, I'm sure no ex-pirate even if they have no bounty over their head would be allowed to join the Marines. The background checks and stuff must be pretty strict.

And I think Fujitora or Ryoukugu weren't Marines back at the Marineford war time and they joined only after the war (after Akainu became Fleet Admiral).

Naito and theUnkemptHerald like this.
  6. Madonna

Madonna

Bounty Points:
    What they are then? Isn't too fast for them to fill admiral position within two years? even though they had such skill and level of power that has earned them that position?

Anyway, did you know how Chiper Pol were recruited/selected? They has been existed since Gol D Roger's era.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Doflamingo did say that Fujitora was "given the rank of an admiral", so I think just because of their talent/abilities and maybe Akainu trusted them so he promoted them to the level of Admiral.

And I think even the Chiper Pol recruits are done by government, but we saw in the manga cover and also in flashbacks that Chiper Pol members (at least for CP9) were trained from their childhood, so I guess they are "made" into CP agents rather than just simple recruiting.

Naito, theUnkemptHerald and Madonna like this.
  8. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Nice explanation of stuff but somehow i believe this has been going on long before we knew it as CP9 you can consider is a similar thing and maybe this is what the WG supplied the Marine with as with Akoiji leaving and what Jinbei stated on how they made up with the fire power

9. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    CP9 didn't accept anyone into the team, they were trained as kids to become assassins.

I think before it was
    Join Marines -> Start from a low rank -> Keep gaining rank, like how Smoker became a Vice Admiral. But now it's changed so that the strong/talented get a straight higher rank rather than starting from the bottom.

10. Madonna

Madonna

Bounty Points:
    I just remembered that it has been shown from previous story arc and mini arc. If I'm not mistaken it's from Chapter 0 isn't it?

11. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Chapter 0/Episode 0 yes, and also in the CP9 cover story :)

12. natassa

natassa

Bounty Points:
    In my opinion, you have to be a big shot already to have that kind of title. And considering that Akainu gave that title to Fujitora and Ryokugyuu tells that he knew them and believed them. It might have been that they were in training with Akainu at some previous time. They get the title of Admirals because of their feat. Akainu along with Kuzan and Aokiji are offered the position of Vice admirals due to their feats. But the both of them reject entering and working out at open. Maybe they want to work in secret. At that time, the Global enlistment was done by Sengoku or the higher ups.

And now that the Marines have gone awry, since Aokiji left, Akainu has no option but to call back his trusty fellows to take up the position which they first refused. Heck, we dont even know if Ryokugyuu even accepted the position at all. It was just the mention of him getting the rank.

Yes, the background check have to be crucial and to the point. One realtion to any pirate, and you are out. So I think that Fuji and Ryo were part of the marines all along, just in shadows.

13. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Hmm I also thought of Akainu knowing them previously, under Sengoku's command as Fleet Admiral all the Marines spent years and years to get on top, but I think Akainu is more hot-headed and "right to the point" kind of guy. I don't think he'd want to spend years to get diamonds, that's why I think he gave power to people he thought deserved the title and rank.

And we haven't heard of a enlistment before, so Akainu did it the first time presumably.

14. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    This is off the One Piece wiki:

Here's the story to it:

Story
    According to the present form of the tale (dating to the Edo period), Momotarō came to Earth inside a giant peach, which was found floating down a river by an old, childless woman who was washing clothes there. The woman and her husband discovered the child when they tried to open the peach to eat it. The child explained that he had been sent by Heaven to be their son. The couple named him Momotarō, from momo (peach) and tarō (eldest son in the family).

Years later, Momotarō left his parents to fight a band of marauding oni (demons or ogres) on a distant island. En route, Momotarō met and befriended a talking dog, monkey, and pheasant, who agreed to help him in his quest. At the island, Momotarō and his animal friends penetrated the demons' fort and beat the band of demons into surrendering. Momotarō and his new friends returned home with the demons' plundered treasure and the demon chief as a captive. Momotarō and his family lived comfortably from then on.

Momotarō is strongly associated with Okayama, and his tale may have its origins there. The demon island (Onigashima (鬼ヶ島?)) of the story is sometimes associated with Megijima Island, an island in the Seto Inland Sea near Takamatsu, due to the vast manmade caves found on that island.

An variant of the story:

In the very old version of story written in 1753, an old woman who did not have any children brings home a giant peach floating in the stream. When the old woman ate a portion of the peach, she unexpectedly recovered her beauty and youth. Her husband was surprised to find a young, beautiful woman when he came back from work. He did not believe her when she explained that the magical peach restored her youth. He also ate a portion of the peach, and turned young too. A boy was born after they made passionate love that night. They named the boy ‘Taro’, which is a common name for the first sons in Japan. In 1887 (Meiji 20), the story had changed to the baby being born from the peach when it was decided to be published into Japanese textbooks. Influence of Western culture made Japanese society sensitive about sexual issues; therefore causing the government to have strict restraints on the contents of textbooks according to the changed societal norm. It is worth considering the meaning of peach in Japanese culture, which is the symbol of life, sexual relationship and fecundity because the shape of the peach resembles women’s buttocks.

There are a few variants to the story, depending on geographical region. Some say Momotaro floated by in a box, a white peach, or a red peach. Stories from Shikokuand Chugoku region muddy the distinction with characters from another folk story, the Monkey-Crab Battle that Momotaro took with him allies to Oni Island, namely a bee (蜂 hachi?), a crab (蟹 kani?), a mill stone (臼 usu?), a chestnut (栗 kuri?), and cow dung (牛の糞 ushi no hun?). In old days, all these animals and objects were believed to possess spirits and could move by their own will. The cow dung was sometimes given the honorific dono (殿). This was to appease the cow dung spirit, so as it won't move to be under you when you stumble or take a step.[citation needed]

There are variances about the Momotaro’s process of growth; one is that he grew up to meet the expectation of the old couple to a fine boy. Another is that he grew up to be a strong but lazy person who just sleeps all day and does not do anything. It is possible that the Momotaro being a fine boy version is more famous to give lessons to children. Nowadays, Momotaro is one of the most famous characters in Japan, as an ideal model for young kids for his kind-heartedness, bravery, power, and care for his parents.

Grown up Momotaro goes on journey to defeat the demons (oni) when he hears about the demons of the Onigashima (ghost island). In some stories Momotaro volunteered to go help the people by repelling the demons, but in some stories he was forced by the townspeople or others to go on journey. However, regardless of the other variants, the ending of the story is the same. All the stories describe Momotaro defeating the Oni and live happily ever after with the old couple. It has the typical storyline of the good triumphing over the evil, one of the most common themes found in Asian folklore.

15. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I'm making a theory which is based off of this enlistment theory and the recent chapter developments.

16. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    The above is just the story behind the names and etc. but yeah i guess their system of justice must be similar to Absolute Justice just both will have it in separate ways like Blind Justice he will turn his eye away for the moment but then will go after DD and i guess that relates to the other Admiral and Absolute Justice.

theUnkemptHerald and Frosch like this.
  17. God

God

Bounty Points:
    yes this might be it. i also think ryokugyu will face franky

Naito likes this.
  18. stefan999

stefan999

Bounty Points:
    Jinbe on Fishman Island said that Marine is now stronger than ever before. So it means that both of them were in other Goverment structures or they were civilians. So maybe they live in the New World and they give them position with somekind of bonus like they give Shichibukai.

Naito likes this.
  19. SMILE

SMILE

Bounty Points:
    "The New Admirals
    We have seen one of the new Admirals, and heard of the other. Currently, we are not sure how many total Admirals exists within the Marine ranks
    ."

Well wasn't it rather obvious that Doflamingo told us who occupied the remaining admiral positions? He did mention Fujitora and Ryokugyu as admirals, rather regarded as two formidable, venerable beasts in terms of power.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    FrankyG, Brown Sugar and Divvens like this.
  20. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Yea, along with that speech which marked the beginning of the War of Thrones (only 3 admirals were visible in that panel, with Ryokugyu just a silhouette). It's very likely that there are only three admirals. But I personally will be satisfied if all of them are seen together or someone confirms there is only 3 (previously, it was confirmed that there were just 3 admirals). Because who knows to what extent the Marines grew in power due to the enlistment, if they found someone like Fujitora for the admiral position they may have come across similar personalities. I doubt there are more than 4 admirals though, because that would just mean Marines become OP. But with the amount of responsibilities that the admirals have, along with growing threats in the sea - I think 4 + 1 (FA) would be good. But for now its more than likely they are only 3 :p I'll still want confirmation though, just for the sake of being sure xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice