Getting Organized for DBF2

Discussion in 'The Great Pirate Summit' started by Death72, Oct 12, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Try this Brett-kun, so you won't have to install PS anymore. It's more likely an online PS, the features are almost the same. ;)

Anthony, Death72 and Dango like this.
  2. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    :yaaa:Ok will do when I find a computer right now I am on my phone any way thank thank you very much Frosh I appreciate it. :D

Anthony, Death72 and Frosch like this.
  3. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Don't mention it. :D
    It's my pleasure to help everybody here. ;)

Anthony, Death72 and Dango like this.
  4. Rex

Rex

Bounty Points:
    Like I said, I'm willing to do it xD Just email it to me or send it to me via Skype? Since I'm not very active on OJ these days so I won't come across it here ^^'
    In my case that was a long time ago. I'm afraid I've forgotten everything related to GFXing and my drawings are childish ._. I'll try and see if I can get a friend to help me with the wallpaper if I can. But best not to count on that ^^'

Death72, Frosch and Dango like this.
  5. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    You know what...N/M I think I'll just color it with Oil pastel. I'm pretty good at it! I drew a storm at sea with a ship escaping into the bright sunset.
    Scanning it will be messy though...

Dango, Frosch and Death72 like this.
  6. Death72

Death72

Bounty Points:
    BlackChaosNL, Dango and Frosch like this.
  7. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    Good cause I'm kinda in deep water if I don't get these finished Both the speech and the picture are almost done rest assured. But you can blame my sister for getting me into Phoenix Wright at the wrong time...I've been spending too much of my free time playing that...Oh well...At least I beat all 5 games now...(Not including the Edgeworth ones...) Now I can put ALL my brain power into this! Get ready Rex! I'll most likely be posting the speech tomorrow and the Picture later this week.

8. Death72

Death72

Bounty Points:
    Wow, No problem at all. Good Luck with the stuff, @Frosch were you the one that made this possible? I mean you wanted the deadline to be extended :p

Dango and Frosch like this.
  9. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Looks like my prayers was answered. Thanks god. :lol::lol::lol:

Anthony, Dango and Death72 like this.
  10. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    OK speech is done @Rex here it is! If anyone wants to fix it grammatically you're welcome to do so!

We Who Stand

They say in times of hardship people show who they really are. Be they brave warriors, or cowards at heart our actions during these times reveal who we really are. As children we think we know when to run, when to fight, and when to stand our ground. But these things are things only time can teach us. If we don’t experience these things, how can we understand them? How can we honestly say we know of a world we have never seen…How do we know what is right and wrong when we are bound by laws we can never question…what if the laws we’re forced to follow go against our beliefs, our morals, our way of life…what if you just don’t want to follow the strait path of justice led on by a tight leash, collar, and muzzle…and instead seek the freedom to decide for yourself what’s right and what’s wrong…They say the world is shrinking…that there’s nothing left to see. but unless we’ve experienced it firsthand we do not have the right to say the world is small. For once we take our first step out the door and feel the salty air on our face, see the world span out to the horizon and beyond. Our hearts race, our faces light up, and our desires awaken! We become aware of the world and we feel it turn. So we in turn seek to sail it. For the world is part of who we are. We were born into this world to experience it. As we travel seeking individual paths, we follow our dreams to where our wayward heart’s desire. However; this road is not an easy one. It’s plagued with dangerous and frightening things. It is our undying faith in ourselves that gives us the strength we need in the face of danger. It’s because we believe we can overcome any obstacle, sail any storm, and fight any battle, that we can succeed. It’s only when we give into doubt that we truly fall. So we fight, grow, and eventually we overcome. For we are the ones who smile when things are at their bleakest. The ones who charge into the unknown without a trace of fear. The ones who seek freedom without bounds…The ones who live our lives without regret or hesitation. We are pirates…So here we are, at the point of no return, facing a greater challenge than ever before. But even if the road ahead is long and we seem to be on the brink of disaster, we will charge ahead full force and continue on the path that lead us here. For even if we die before our dreams come true, we will not die in sorrow, but with smiles on our faces because we lived the way we wanted…Forever standing tall…
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2014 ---
    @Rex Are you working on the vocals for the speech cause I need to know if you're done! Also some feedback would be nice...

11. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    @Rex @BlackChaosNL @All Pirates, come on! Don't leave Ucha hanging there :D

Also, someone go poke Inshal on skype to come and check. I've poked him countless times and if I can't continue since I am after all a neutral party and the faction members should get their leader here rather than me getting him here >_>

12. Death72

Death72

Bounty Points:
    I'd love to check the grammar @UchaNekome But English isn't my first language so :booo: Also Div-san who is Inshal, I might go Poke him. Wait, Inshal is Captain Rex?

Frosch, Dango and BlackChaosNL like this.
  13. Dango

Dango

Bounty Points:
    Damn I was never good at writing in the first place :(

Frosch and Death72 like this.
  14. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Sorry, yea he is Rex.

15. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    Hey @Rex ! I'm sorry to bother you but I need to know when you've got that speech done...or if you've even started it...Also It would be nice if someone checked the grammar on my speech...I'm a writer but my grammar sucks...It's the curse of only having one spelling class in my lifetime...

16. Rex

Rex

Bounty Points:
    Sorry for being so late! Gah, Here's the spruced up version OTL I tried doing the voice as well but apparently my voice is too calm to give a motivational speech and not readily understandable. I'll keep trying though ^^'

They say in times of hardship people show who they really are. Be they brave warriors or cowards, our actions during such times reveal our true selves. As children we think we know when to run, when to fight, and when to stand our ground. But these things can only be taught by time. If we don’t experience these things first-hand, how can we understand them? How can we honestly say we know of a world we have never seen… How do we know what is right and what is wrong, when we are bound by laws we can never question… [pick up the pace] What if the laws we’re forced to follow, go against our very beliefs, our morals, our way of life! [get angry] What if you just don’t want to follow the straight path of justice! Led on by a tight leash, a collar, and a muzzle. Or like sheep following a shepherd brainlessly. What if you instead seek the freedom to decide for yourself what’s right and what’s wrong! [calm down and take a deep breath] They say the world is shrinking… that there’s nothing left to see. But unless we’ve experienced it for ourselves, we do NOT have the right to say the world is small.

For once [pause] we take our first step out the door, and feel the salty air on our face. See the world span out to the horizon and beyond. Our hearts race, our faces light up, and our desires awaken. We become aware of the world and we feel it turn. [with resolve] So we in turn seek to sail it. For the world is part of who we are. We were born into this world to experience it. [lightheartedly] As we travel seeking our own paths, we follow our dreams to where our wayward heart’s desire. However; [seriously] this road is not an easy one. It’s plagued with dangerous and frightening things. It is our undying faith in ourselves that gives us the strength we need in the face of these dangers. It’s because we believe we can overcome any obstacle, sail any storm, and fight any battle, that we can succeed. It’s only when we give into doubt that we truly fall. [seriously] So we fight, and grow, and eventually we overcome. For we are the ones who smile when things are at their bleakest. The ones who charge into the unknown without a trace of fear. The ones who seek freedom without bounds… The ones who live their lives without regret or hesitation. Here we are, at the point of no return, facing a greater challenge than ever before. But even if the road ahead is long and if we seem to be on the brink of disaster, we will charge ahead full force and continue on the path that led us here. For even if we die before our dreams come true, we will not die in sorrow, but with smiles on our faces because we lived the way we wanted… Forever standing tall… We [pause and then with enthusiasm] are Pirates.

Here's the first para I tried to record, let me know if it sounds alright. There will be basic, amateur editing in the end. So there's a chance it'll get better... maybe.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugwh9nyyb67idg3/Untitled2.wma

Frosch, Divvens and Death72 like this.
  17. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    My Art entry...Title: Final Destination...
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 2, 2014 ---
    This is awesome! Thanks Rex!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Frosch and Rex like this.
  18. Rex

Rex

Bounty Points:
    Yeah... it still sounds dead OTL Can anyone else handle the vocals? ;(

Frosch likes this.
  19. UchaNekome

UchaNekome

Bounty Points:
    Seriously is no one gonna mention anything about the art piece?

Frosch likes this.
  20. Rex

Rex

Bounty Points:
    Ahh sorry! Page didn't load properly last time. Is that paint? :eek: I'd say it's awesome but a pirate flag would be nice. On the mast.... though if it's paint then I guess it's impossible to change so leave it be! better not to mess with it :D is taht the sun or a beam of light teleporting people to far off destinations :lol:

Frosch likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice