Current Events Future sight showcasing?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Tanveer, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:50 PM.

Share This Page

1. Tanveer

Tanveer

Bounty Points:
    Luffy's actions in chapter 911 was interesting.

What is the possibility that Luffy used future sight here?

This didn't look like a normal use of observation haki. Looked like he knew the bullet was coming and acted accordingly. Normally he would just dodge the bullet.

Also the panels looked much emphasized for fodder cleaning. Did Oda tried to showcase Luffy's upgrades here after the Katakuri battle?

Also it's interesting that Luffy never even let them fired. Almost like after getting shot by Flambe in the mirror world he realized it's better not to let them shoot in the first place. Otherwise why would he even care. He tanks bullets.

2. Thabeast

Thabeast

Bounty Points:
    Sanji did something similar in Dressrosa. Therefore, I don't think it was FS but rather pretty good observation.

Also, if it was FS, you'd think that Oda would have made it more obvious but who knows...

3. Luca

Luca

Bounty Points:
    I want to believe it was very good obvs haki and some future sight.

4. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    I don't know if it was meat as FS demonstration or not but for sure there is emphasis on improved observation haki, the usual Luffy would only dodge the attack to be honest maybe got hit as well . but Luffy was more badass than anytime before at the beginning 0f an arc.
    Luffy was looking in another direction , but he attacked that fodder before he could fire his gun

PurplePandaSage22 likes this.
  5. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    I hope either this arc or in the near future we get more info about "Next Level" haki.
    I still don't fully get the difference between next level CoO and just really good CoO.

6. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    yes

luffy was obviously using CoO in that scene and we know luffy's CoO is strong enough for him to see the future

7. Arthand

Arthand

Bounty Points:
    Sanji did it in Dressrosa so it can't be future sight, seriously just how much everyone hates Sanji in this forums and even discredit Luffy so Sanji won't get any hype.

8. Thabeast

Thabeast

Bounty Points:
    .... What are you on about ?

I don't know how anything in my post is hate towards Sanji... The fact that I don't think that he has FS is apparently hating ? Everyone, even Sanji fans, know that he does not have it... I actually thought I made Sanji look good by mentioning his feat but ok...

9. Juju151111

Juju151111

Bounty Points:
    That was not FS.

10. Shanks You

Shanks You

Bounty Points:
    Which Sanji feat is being referred to here? Luffy didn't dodge any bullets.

Either 1 of 2 things happens.

1) Luffy used long ranged awareness to detect their presence and killing intent and attacked them.

2) luffy used future sight to detect being sniped and hit the guy before he can finish aiming and even make a shot.

11. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Pretty sure he was just able to sense the killing intent that was directed towards him and attacked the dude before he was able to get the shot off.

12. Veku

Veku

Bounty Points:
    Since when can someone feel someone's killing intent?

Atharv likes this.
  13. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Since Luffy is an observation haki user more similar to Fujitora than anybody else in the sense that he can sense people's emotions and he could easily have sensed the killing intent coming off from the shooter.

korona, Cpt-Luffy and BOCCHI like this.
  14. Veku

Veku

Bounty Points:
    Idk, a killing intent is not exactly a emotion, the only reason they wanted to do that, is because it's their territory and they are cruel humans. Or maybe I'm just nitpicking..

Atharv and Guiding Thunder like this.
  15. Reborn

Reborn

Bounty Points:
    This is FS but it's portrayal differ from what we have seen during Luffy vs kata.

and I know someone who did analysis on this..

@playa4321 please enlighten our fellow mates lol

16. playa4321

playa4321

Bounty Points:
    Here my post for the whole FS debate:
    "
    I search the last day some old one piece chapters, I found to scene where happend in the manga.
    One of them is very similar to Luffy current CoO feat, I hope I can explain your guys because why I believe that Luffy use Future sight:
    Chapter 669 when Zoro,Sanji and Brook get attacked by the Yeti cool Brothers:

[​IMG]

Zoro with his CoO didn´t noticed that from the begin, when the Yeti cool brother attack, they noticed that...
    Now probably Sanji(was Nami in this scene) with CoO would dodge that like he did against Katakuri:

[​IMG]

Sanji react in the moment when he get attacked, he dodge that because he feel that with his CoO...
    With their CoO they possible can feel something that is correct but everytime they dodge it but that is it.
    Luffy in this Chapter:

[​IMG]

The different here two the other example with Sanji and Zoro, Luffy already know where the enemy stand and when he attack. Before the enemy attack Luffy already counter him with his own attack, the second scene was the same before the dude shot Luffy kick the beast in the face and the shot was blocked... The same situation we get with Katakuri when Luffy dodge with G2 and Katakuri was already know where Luffy was jump:

[​IMG]

Im not say that Luffy has same lvl FS like Katakuri, but Im sure Luffy gain the Future sight ability after his fight with Katakuri and now
    benefits the ability. Yes he will most like training it more and more to get better control. But in the current chapter we see the ability of Luffy and im happy that Oda don´t nerf it so much.^^

@vikas
    I see your post and scans, but most of the scans are only about dodge and feel something.
    That isn´t what I mean with my post, Luffy was not only dodge some attacks, no he even attack before the enemy use his own attack. Luffy didn´t even watch to them. That is the different to only dodge some attacks.
    Look at this conversation between Luffy and Katakuri:
    [​IMG]

@Sentinel
    You know what I try to explain them right?^^

17. Reborn

Reborn

Bounty Points:
    Once Again Good work :yaaa:

18. Sentinel

Sentinel

Bounty Points:
    Yep, I try to explain that too!

Normally, CoO allows you to see a movement right in the moment (hence Sanji was able to see Katakuri's attack coming and dodged that attack in the right moment) but with FS you can see several seconds in the future and that's why Luffy knew:

1) Where they were standing in that moment
    2) And what they do in that moment

In conclusion to that, Luffy noticed that and attacked them before (!) they could do a move! For example:

[​IMG]

And now we look at the situation: That guy only aimed at Luffy and in the bottom left corner you can see that Luffy already was about to kick that guy.

By the way, Oda wouldn't demonstrate Luffy's CoO in the same way; he already demonstrated Luffy's normal CoO against the pacifista! But this Luffy would not only just see the pacifista's attack right in the moment the current Luffy would see what the pacifista would do in the whole moment (notices Luffy, aimes at him and then it attacks him) and he would attack the pacifista before he even does his move!
    The same case with those guys: Luffy didn't even let their first move (by attacking him) and instead Luffy did the first move against them.

It is very clear that Luffy used FS in that moment. Maybe his FS isn't well developed like Katakuri's (for example reading a whole conversation in the future) but he was using FS in that moment.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 13, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Original Post Date: Jul 13, 2018 at 8:02 PM ---
    Yes, sure it was not... :faceplam:

19. Juju151111

Juju151111

Bounty Points:
    I'm not saying that he doesn't have it, but that wasn't FS. That was just observation. Sanji did the same thing, but he doesn't have stretchy arms.

20. Sentinel

Sentinel

Bounty Points:
    Look above, that was future sight.
    Luffy already demonstrated that against Katakuri and in this chapter he made his first move before those guys could even do something against him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice