1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Future Gears: 5th and Reverse

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Sontaran Gaming, May 29, 2015.

Share This Page

?

Do you agree with my Gear predictions?

1. I agree with Gear Fifth

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. I disagree with Gear Fifth

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. I agree with Gear Reverse

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. I disagree with Gear Reverse

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryuma Reborn

Ryuma Reborn Cracker

Bounty Points:
    @Sontaran Gaming Props to you man, this is definitely one of the better Gear theories which is based off many things that we knew about but couldn't connect. I completely agree with your Gear 5 theory and in fact that was one of the conclusions I came to as well and wouldn't mind seeing, where he stimulates his nerves. This also serves as a nice opposite to Gear 4, where as that form was raw power which maximized Armament Haki, Gear 5 could use Kami-e/Luffy's rubber ability with maximized Observation Haki, essentially increasing Luffy's speed and reaction time drastically, allowing him to avoid and react very quickly almost to the point of him seeing into the future.

As for Gear Reverse, I could see that as a possibility and it being his Awakening, however a part of me believes his Awakening will be seperate from that, or perhaps it could even be the culmination of all his Gears simultaneously with the added effect of shapeshifting/transforming objects near to him, similar to what you stated as well as what we saw with Doflamingo.

I planned on making my own Gear Reverse theory but have been kind of busy/lazy :p Essentially I go a different route from you and speculate that in Gear Reverse, Luffy instead loses his rubber properties in exchange for drastically increasing his speed, reflexes, reaction time, density and strength of his skin, bones, and muscles, thereby giving him an insanely powerful form where he cannot use his normal rubber techniques. :)

^ Exactly. A car usually has 6 gears but Reverse is usually included in those 6 Gears, which is why I also believe Gear 5 will be the last "normal" Gear. I mean who wants to see all the way up to Gear 10? :lmao: I wouldn't mind seeing Gear 5 but then seeing Luffy branch out with new forms and techniques.

2. Gear5thAwakening

Gear5thAwakening

Bounty Points:
    Makes sense.

3. Aru

Aru

Bounty Points:
    Interesting ideas you got there... Congratulations on all connections made!

Gear5thAwakening likes this.
  4. First Mate Zoro

First Mate Zoro

Bounty Points:
    Pretty good, but I don't think the awakening luffy will get will be the same as the one doffy had, I think it will be vary different.

5. Trafa D. In

Trafa D. In

Bounty Points:
    I can't agree with your theory on gear 5, how would extending his nervous system heighten his senses? If anything, this would make him slower, because the neural stimuli would take longer to reach his brain.
    I too don't think that there will be a gear reverse, I rather think that he will strengthen his previous gears with his awakening (I think Luffys awakening will work different then Doflas, since their DFs does too - Dofla's creating something while Luffy has a permanently state).
    I do think that there will be gear 5, but rather than it being a state (gear 2/4) I think it will unleash a very, very powerful attack (like gear 3), even stronger than the king kong gun.

Even if it's a cool idea, how would shape shifting, a kami-e or an extending pipe help against a yonko, if he his punches doesn't even scratch them? He should now focus on getting stronger with the things he have, so he doesn't have to go in gear 4 every time someone stronger than Dofla appears. And if this doesn't work, he's got a (upgraded too with awakening?) gear 4 and eventually gear 5 attack.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice