Funimation will cut ties with Crunchyroll, VRV on November 9th

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by RobertoTheOharaSurvivor, Oct 24, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Are you happy with Funimation's decision to move away from Crunchyroll ?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Neutral

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    From Crunchyroll's official statement on their site
    For those that just want a TL;DR
    since nobody posted this news yet I decided to make a thread since it affects the viewing/watching options of One Piece, especially if you pay to watch it legally, even though I am aware that only a small portion of this forum view this section of Oro Jackson

Funimation/Crunchyroll have highlighted that shows like One Piece, My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball Super and all of its episodes will be removed from Crunchyroll's services. And basically if you don't live in North America or the United States, your options of watching anime legally is going to be severely limited.

to read it further:
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/18/17996028/funimation-leaving-crunchyroll-vrv-streaming#comments

https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumto...paign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news

2. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    I voted neutral on the poll. Since I live in Germany this probably doesn't affect me at all. One Piece is not available for legal watching on any streaming site afaik, Funimation does not exist at all either and Crunchyroll has a selection that is so inferior to the US version that it may as well be a totally different anime provider.

Nico Robin likes this.
  3. Robert24

Robert24

Bounty Points:
    I don't watch the One Piece anime anyway since FI due to Toei making it like the stuff that comes out of Magellan's shithole and so that news isn't a big deal to me. Nonetheless, I do agree that it's bad news to those outside NA who want to legally access it. It's fucked up but there's nothing we can do as far as I know.

4. benexworth

benexworth

Bounty Points:
    i can watch on a site called watchcartoons so thats cool with me.

5. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    Is there really nothing for Europe? Poor us.

6. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Not sure about Europe in general but in Germany there really isn't much for anime streaming. Crunchyroll is adding seasonals only and not even all that they get in the US. Netflix is making a good effort but it's still just starting. And yeah besides that there are only some really small companies that want to have more or less the same subscription fee as CR, so no thank you.^^

For One Piece there is nothing afaik. It is airing on German Free TV in German Dub. And it's way behind obviously.^^

Echi, edogama and Nico Robin like this.
  7. DJ_Punk

DJ_Punk

Bounty Points:
    Another reason why I'll never use these streaming services again. I'm not going to have monthly subcriptions set up on multiple sites because I want to catch all the anime I like. I'd be broke af.

Free sites all the way.

8. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    I have both, have since before the partnership, so it really doesn't matter to me if they split.

herasux, Dango, Luna <3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    Actually isn't it a good thing that there is no legal way of watching anime in a country? Because then nobody can blame you because it is unlicensed anyway. If it was licensed then all the anime websites in that country would get taken down and you are not responsible to pay.

10. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    Well I do want to pay for anime if I can though. And besides that, you can watch everything on Crunchyroll for free anyway. Just not in HD and for seasonals one week late.^^

Echi likes this.
  11. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    Personally i download all of the episodes i watch of OP (800+ downloaded), BnHa, and DBS so i can watch it anytime i want in the future and even offline

For me as a college student with little money i can never justify to myself to purchase a membership for a service i can watch on free downloading sites (GoGoAnime/Kissanime) rather than a paid service that might crash (during the last 3 airings of DBS' final episodes the site had crashed for 4-6 hrs and people had to either wait an extended time or just give up and watch it on youtube) or as this news we've just gotten no longer offering certain shows

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  12. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Ugh. I hate paying for 2 shit at once. Sub is better, but Steins Gate/Detective Conan dubs are Funi only.

Even if you have money, you have like 20 subscriptions, and can't keep track of it. Netflix, Funi, Crunchy, Spotify, VIZ, etc... ;(

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  13. Ivan

Ivan

Bounty Points:
    If they end up ravaging CR's database then I'm going back to the the pirate life. I only need 2, maybe streaming services, I'm not paying for another one, I may as well get cable tv.

14. RedNight

RedNight

Bounty Points:
    Same thing in all European Union, But ADN(a french streaming website) got the broadcast right of Whole Cake Arc.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  15. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    But it's only a 2 weeks trial.

16. Raycont

Raycont

Bounty Points:
    No you get 2 weeks free trial for premium but you can always watch for free. At least in Germany.

17. Dango

Dango Donut Man Wanted

Bounty Points:
    I stop using Chronchyroll anyways. I drop my subscription due to it often times crashing and lagging (A waste of money)

So it really doesn't bother me.

I have other anime apps that are better and best of all free.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  18. Herr Krokodil

Herr Krokodil

Bounty Points:
    Voted yes because it never worked when it mattered. I used it to watch simulcasts, but when ever that happened it crashed, defeating purpose of having it.

I mean, that's the only reason I ever used it, and it never worked, so yeah it was a waste of money.

19. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    sports streaming sites are more reliable than crunchyroll is at times, and especially when theres a hype episode of a certain anime it ALMOST ALWAYS CRASHES

Hiken_no_Esu and Herr Krokodil like this.
  20. monkey_d.luffy

monkey_d.luffy

Bounty Points:
    I really wish there was a streaming webiste with all the anime....I dont wanna pay like $10 for netflix another $10 for Crunchyroll and another $10 for Funamation because each and everyone of these streaming webistes lack some anime ..... An anime streaming website with every single anime for $15 a month is every otakus wet dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    Monkey_d.luffy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice