1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Flowing Armament Haki - The Way of the Sword

Taking an in-depth look at the relationship between Flowing Armament Haki and swordsmanship. (945+)

Share This Page

1. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Aloe Vera submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Flowing Armament Haki — The Way of the Sword - Taking an in-depth look at the relationship between Flowing Armament Haki and swordsmanship. (945+)

Click here to read further...

2. lotizzle

lotizzle

Bounty Points:
    Great Theory man! I have A couple of things I disagree with, but the theory is great! I tried to review it and give you 5 stars but I dont have the option to, or I do not know how to.. My bad Lol!

For the things I disagree with,
    There is the Zoro Vs Monet part. Tashigh clearly explained what happened saying
    “She can’t control her own body!!! She’s paralyzed by the knowledge that if he’s used Haki, she would be dead... plus the fear of his overwhelming power!!” Viz

And you also used a translation for the explanation of “Ryuo” here that is really different from Viz to prove a point... it was not stated that Ryuo focus on flow, like you said, it does due to their figthing style and culture, like in Skypea.

Ryuo, like Mantra, is just another name for Haki.

Hyo : “What you called Haki, is known as Ryuo here in Wano, and it means “Flowing Cherry Blossom”. Viz. o

Aloe Vera likes this.
  3. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for bringing this up! I wonder what the name of this new type of Haki is then, since it is clearly different from Hardening. At any rate, I still stand by my theory. This unnamed type of Haki was described by several characters as the ability to choose to cut or not to cut, so most of my points are correct regardless of the terminology I used.

And perhaps you’re right, but then again my Zoro vs. Monet part is based on the fact that Tashigi wouldn’t know if Zoro had used another type of Haki anyway. Oda also made sure not to make Zoro reply... Either way, this is just my take on it, so you’re entirely free to disagree!

Perhaps you cannot review this theory because you haven’t written enough posts :camthinking:

ShadyZoroLurking likes this.
  4. lotizzle

lotizzle

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, you might be right for tashigi! She was not that good with haki, however I would not dismiss what she said because that is nor the first time “fear” is associated with “Haki”. If you remember with cracker, he had a kind of effect around him, like a haki release but Luffy and Nami were not sure, mentioning “fear” as well. So maybe Haki is simply way more complex lool.

The new type of Haki, it is yet to be named but like you said in your theory, it focuses on letting haki flow. I guess zoro mastered the basis already since he is lettting his haki flow to his sword. But what is interesting here is that haki is starting to be define as a energy like chakra for naruto... so do you think some people can have or store “more” haki than others? That would be interesting to see :)

krimsin1 and Aloe Vera like this.
  5. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Yup that’s a possibility, though Haki in One Piece literally represents willpower...

Wouldn’t it be weird to be able to stock and transfer willpower? Either way, we shall see I guess ;)

lotizzle likes this.
  6. Rp4lyf

Rp4lyf

Bounty Points:
    Good thoery, this is what Luffy is learning to how to do.

Aloe Vera likes this.
  7. kiiro94

kiiro94

Bounty Points:
    Some things are not right. For example, Mihawk not cutting Jozu.

Jozu is not a logia kind user, his body is not diamond, he creates diamond as a shield.

So Mihawk has to bypass that durability to hurt him.

Otherwise having the most durable fruit is worthless against haki users, no matter how weak their haki is, they will always will be able to hit Jozu.

8. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker

Bounty Points:
    That's what I meant, Mihawk did not want to cut Jozu, nor anyone for that matter. He wanted to see how well Whitebeard could react to the slash, he wanted to test the water.

This scene was used to emphasise just how overly protective the Whitebeard Pirates are about Whitebeard despite him being an Emperor and the WSM. The underlying message is clearly that Whitebeard's power has decreased.

With that in mind, it seems only natural to speculate that Mihawk could have used FAH. I'm 100% sure that Mihawk is able to cut diamond, which is why I think he chose not to cut Jozu.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 5, 2019, Original Post Date: Jul 5, 2019 ---
    Either way, looks like the manga will answer some questions in the next few weeks about this new type of Armament Haki. Hopefully some of my points will turn out to be right!

Guan_Yu, kiiro94, HA001 and 1 other person like this.
  9. kiiro94

kiiro94

Bounty Points:
    I also think Mihawk can cut diamond, but not at long distance.

And as I mentioned, Jozu is a paramecia, not a logia. His body is not made of Diamond, he produces real diamond around his body as shield, reason that Mihawk's attack should have enough power to cut diamond.

Second, is that Jozu appeared in the last moment to stop it, Mihawk did not see that coming. So it much more like he couldnt bypass Jozu's defense on that time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice