1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Fishing for Future Strawhats with the "Ones that Got Away"

presenting a pattern for predicting permanent pirates

Share This Page

1. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    I don't think Hancock gonna join, for me she gonna stay an allie for ever.

What about Gin Rummy of the Kaido's crew ?

It's just little speculation but she has been introduced in Zou's arc without a proper panel like Jack or Sheepshead, maybe she has a low rank among the Beast Pirates but Oda clearly showed 3 characters in the Jack's squad : Jack, Sheepshead and Gin Rummy, why he shows her if she has no importance ?

No panel for her and no devil fruit revealed, it's sure she has a SMILE, possibly a snake power different of Marigold and Sandersonia.

Also the "G" of Gin Rummy is available in the crew even if you pronounce it "J" like Jinbe.

Another thing, Sheespshead (Sheep's head) directly goes to his powers, he has a Sheep Artificial Zoan (and also references the game of the same name).
    Gin Rummy is a reference to the Gin Rammi, but two others things : "Gin" in Japanese means "Silver". And in "Gin Rummy" you have two alcohols : Gin and Rum. I don't know if it matters but just with her name you can find some things.

About her looks, She has pink hair and light blue eyes, + black horns which is quite original in the Women of OP (more than the Hancock looks).

But if not her, I will go for an unknown Kunoichi.

Theo Ries likes this.
  2. tommyl

tommyl

Bounty Points:
    I think it's hannyabal

3. SunnyShipping

SunnyShipping

Bounty Points:
    What a great observation and theory:star:! As for Vivi, Jinbe fits her role. (I'm just going to list them. Some are kind of silly.)
    Vivi got introduced as an enemy in Baroque Works. Jinbe got introduced as a possible enemy connected to Arlong.
    They are loved by the citizens of their home country.
    They were the second leader/vice leader of their gangs.
    They react to Luffy similarly (eyes out/face full of fear/wide mouth).
    They are both blood type F.
    Her partner is Mr.9 and if you don't count Luffy, Jinbe will be the 9th member.
    The SHs and Vivi promised to be friends when they met again, Vivi did not come because she can not and does not want to leave her duties, Jinbe promised to join the SHs when he settles his business.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2017 ---
    Oh another thing, I think the half samurai refers to Momo. He talks from his rear end (he told Usopp that he knew Roger, etc), sticks to things (those things being Robin's and Nami's chests...which is similar to sticking to Luffy's rear), and again, is half a samurai (young boy=half, perhaps a reference to his height). Also, he ate a dragon devil fruit, which is where Luffy found the legs.

Theo Ries likes this.
  4. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    This is really interesting, nice observation. :thumbsup: I agree with most general things you said, you didn't force the issue which is good. Only 2 problems I have with this pattern:

1.) I really don't see Pedro joining. He's got so little focus (that includes both screentime as well as character development), no dream, is quiet and tough like Jinbe who'll definitely join if not killed, and his lifespan is close to its end (unless Mama somehow gives him back his years). All other previous recruits were the focal point of their respective arcs, or at least sharing it equally with other people. Pedro is far, faaaar from that, he doesn't even have anything that comes close to "his own arc".

2.) Was Jinbe foreshadowed? I read the above post with Vivi, but that's kinda forcing it. All the listed foreshadows in the theory were short and accurate-ish, but that doesn't work with Jinbe and Vivi.

Definitely fun to think about this pattern.

Pedro and Jinbe would fit perfectly with the alphabet and syllable patter, damn this is very intriguing. I don't think we can name the missing 2 yet (assumuing this pattern is correct, and also assuming Pedro really ends up joining, which would be a huge surprise), they'll be new characters.

Tho GH could stand for Gastino. :kappa:

Theo Ries likes this.
  5. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    I totally track with all that you've shared here. Those are some of the same issues I've had with it as well. Plus, although I've grown to love Pedro's character, he truly lacks Strawhat material at this point and time. I'll hold out hope for my theory's sake.

One more thing... The Gastino observation is a great one. And though I despise CC, I can't deny Oda's known love for Batman's Joker. (He does have a known dream. Could it be a red herring?)

6. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    It could be a red herring, ja. But CC's huge problem is his past: He's scum, as simple as that. Nami only recently reminded everyone, like 2-3 chapters ago, where she couldn't stop insulting him. Difficult to believe that Oda would add someone like that to crew. He'd bring a lot of tension to the mix.

Theo Ries likes this.
  7. Zoro.Senpai

Zoro.Senpai

Bounty Points:
    The base of your theory is amazing and logical, but you somehow mixed up some examples. Let me know if I am mistaken :)
    1- Vivi and Iceberg.
    Iceberg is not related to the theory, because Luffy did not want him that bad, and he did not go in any sort of adventure with the crew.
    The real foreshadow for Franky was Vivi. Vivi stayed with SH for a loong time, and many people expect her to join the crew, but she didn't. She got the same hair as Franky, so the SH got a blue-haired nakama after all.
    Franky also got a Star on his arms, similar to the 'X' mark that was on Vivi's arm too.

2- The Unicorn and the Tree.
    Those two of thriller park had no strong relation to the SH, and Luffy did not want them that bad too.
    Brook was actually foreshadowed by Luffy earlier when he faced Foxy.
    [​IMG]

But why ? Because at the final fight with Foxy people thought that Luffy will get a new nakama from Foxy (as Davy fight rules imply). But instead of a new nakama, he chose to miss up Foxy's flag.
    Late on, he got an a skeleton ( and hence the skull on his chest above), with afro !

3- Bartolomeo [SPOILERS]
    [​IMG]

For a while fans thought that Barto will join Luffy's crew, but he didn't. He joined the fleet as an independent captain and not as a SH nakama.
    Barto had two 'tusks'.
    He also made the Fish-Man warrior Huck hurt himself, by using his barrier vs. Huck's fishman Karate.

The new member who joined the crew is Jenbi. He also got two tusks, and uses Fishman Karate.

Maybe Barto's green hair foreshadow Monet a bit too (the tattoo on his chest looks like wings too), but it is not clear yet.

4- Kinemon
    Kinemo and the Centaur are actually one thing. Luffy used Kienon's legs to make himself a Centaur. For a while we expected Kinemon and Momo to join the crew, but then later it was revealed they have their own agenda. They later joined the Alliance, but not as a nakama.

I think Luffy will get a new nakama in Wano that will have a Centaur-like ability.

Let me know your thoughts :)
    Thanks !

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Pirate Queen and Theo Ries like this.
  8. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    Haha! I seriously doubt any of my theories will come to fruit, to be honest. With this one, I started with the simple requirement that Luffy asked and they didn't join. From that point, I looked for any potential connection to an existing character. Once the pattern revealed itself (much to my surprise), I decided to post the thing.

(I actually had more fun with this one than my more well known Sanji theory. Reflecting on all this makes me want to get back in the game. Maybe I will after we move to Virginia this summer. It's just a crazy season in my life right now.)

Anyhow, you should make a theory for future Strawhats using foreshadowed features and other clues/Easter eggs. It's reasonably different from mine, so as long as you can establish a pattern with existing members, it's game (and fun to speculate). Let me know if you do it! On a final note, I LOVED the Davy Back fight and keep holding out hope for an epic version against a Yonkou in the New World.

Zoro.Senpai likes this.
  9. Zoro.Senpai

Zoro.Senpai

Bounty Points:
    Thanks and good luck :)

Still I think my notes complete your theory, I can't just make a theory based totally on someone else's :) So please consider adding some of them to your theory, to make it more complete imo :)

Theo Ries likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice