Discussion Favourite Kingdom Characters

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by Recoilation, Mar 17, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    This is a discussion thread where you can voice your opinion on what characters in the entire series are your favourites! No restrictions to a certain group/set of characters here, just you naming your favourite all-time bad-asses from this exceptional Manga!

Feel free to change your lists whenever you'd like, and perhaps discuss why it is you changed it. Having 5 chapters a week for sure gives plenty of content to fuel an opinion change!

Please note that there will most likely be spoilers in this thread, so read at your own risk. I'll spoiler tag my own own list to be safe.

I'll start:

Top 5

Kyou Kai
    - My favourite character in the entire series. A bad-ass, strong as hell female character that is well done comes around once in a blue moon, but Kyou Kai just captures that and then some for me. Possessing exceptional strength shown in an epic way (Assassin based style, Fantastic swordplay, Breath/Chi control, the Priestess Dance) as well as being related to the Bushin concept - a direct tie to Houken himself make epicness. I'm so hyped to see her again and hopefully it won't disappoint - and i'm sure it won't disappoint at all. Special mention to her interaction with Shin - always makes me more amused when a reserved character has humour bits like Kyou Kai has had.

2. Tou
    I don't know what it is about him, but ever since Ouki has passed i've been really intrigued by Tou and what he does, and what he's all about. For starters he has a very unique and interesting look - he looks funny yet extremely scary/deadly. I keep pinning a dopey British voice on him but he is far from dopey in skill. I'm sure he's going to continue to have a big role from here on out and so we'll see him expanded on even more, and as well as that his circular sword attacks look so damn beastly. Faru, anyone? A true successor to Ouki for the time being. I underestimated him when Ouki was alive, so i'm extremely happy he got his time to shine... and I don't know, just an emotionless blank-stared man like him running at you with spinning slices would be a sight to see before you pass to the next world.

3. Kanki
    I feel like I need to be hipster and hate this character due to the immense hype (aka mainly @Sammy) that comes from just mentioning his name, but man oh man does he deserve it and then some. He is just awe-inspiring. His initial portrayal in the second Wei clash, particularly his completely ruthlessness and badassery on panel, him outsmarting and taking out the genius of Renpa's Four with ease and then in more recent times with his bold strategy for warfare and highly intriguing dialogue, creates a recipe for a successful character. He has also been seen so far to be untouchable, and he has not shown a single worry.

4. Shin
    Shin, shin, shin. Such an awesome main character - a more violet and aggressive Luffy. His passion and growth in particular shine to me, and as i've said before I unfortunately find it hard to put a protagonist first on a list, or even second, but Shin would easily be there if the above 3 were less spectacular. He's just been a treat to follow, with the standard dumb-ass main character traits coupled with arrogance, he's also shown the ability to grow with his strategising and thinking, although that won't matter too much as he's going to become the Instinctual general god so fuck thinking! Anyway, Shin.

5. Ouki
    The Great General himself was always second on my list but as time went on, he had to slip down unfortunately. The longer a character is dead the more the ongoing ones get to shine, but it's a testament to Ouki that he's still in my top 5 considering the ones below him. Everything about this man was fantastic from start to finish, and his lips were something too. His enormous presence on panel, his continuous interactions with Shin, his backstory with Kyou, the talk with Sei and the duel with Houken. So many memorable moments come to mind straight away, and there are many more i'm missing. Coupled with Tou, they were an amazing duo, and his death scene was fitting for a character such as him.

Who are your favourites? Feel free to post them in any format you like :D.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Can't lie. This turned me on.

I won't post such lovely words on my top list for now, nor am I gonna go crazy with my list amount. I'll stick to 5 for now, but in the future I'll make a much longer, more detailed list.

Sammy's current Top 5

1. Kanki
    2. Kyoukai/Shin (after the last three chapters, Shin went up.)
    3. Ouki/Duke Hyou
    4. Renpa/Karin
    5. Ousen

Fruit D. Evil, meelahi, SMILE and 8 others like this.
  3. Superior Bartolomeo

Superior Bartolomeo

Bounty Points:
    Haha I like both of those lists. But this is my top 5.

Bartolomeo's Top 5!
    1. Kanki
    2. Mou ten
    3. Ouki/Duke
    4. Shin
    5. Mouba

The father and son moment Mouten and Mouba had was heart touching. Mouba just spoke "He will survive." And I was like ;( . Mou ten have rocketed to number 2 for that.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Fruit D. Evil, meelahi, Kadis and 6 others like this.
  4. Takt

Takt Roger Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    1. General Ouki: His sheer presence in the manga automatically made any chapter more epic or at least more enjoyable. Lovely moments like that bath scene with Shin are mixed with terrifying moments like when he faced Houken in the Kyou flashback. He isn't just the Monster Bird of Qin, he's a legend and also a human being (as shown in his flashback). This is the man who, for all intents and purposes, defeated Houken twice. As a duo with Tou, he was priceless and his interactions with Shin were fantastic to boot. This man had a gigantic impact on me and many characters in the manga. A true legend.
    2. General Kanki: Okay, I was ready to hate this guy. I was ready to be cynical, sarcastic and completely indifferent to him as a character, just to piss @Sammy off. But the weight of his sheer personality and his actions just flipped that over and I became a fan. What he did against Wei's strategist was a prelude. What truly sent me on a fangasm was what he did against Sekai. Oh. My. God. What a strategy. What a general. Ruthless, creative and brilliant all at the same time. Lethal combo.
    3. DUKE HYOUUUUUUU: This guy...I mean...well...no. I cannot explain why I love this guy so much. He's just so loveable. He treats battle like a fire! He treats Shin like a son! He beat Riboku's precious little battle waves like it was a piece of cake! He figured out what Houken was in his first meeting with him! He is the embodiment of pure instinct! He helped awaken the General-type in Shin! I mean...just...DUUUKKKE HYOOOOOUUUUU.
    4. Renpa/Shin: First off, Renpa. This man defies the "Two Types of Generals" principle by being both instinctive as well as tactical! What?! And he has the sheer fucking Charisma. Screw Doflamingo, this is charisma. His demeanour with Ouki, with his own troops and retainers (the hugs of power, anyone?) was something else. Now, Shin. He wasn't even in my top 10 before this Sai arc. Now he is. He's been sensational in this arc.
    5. Ousen: I don't usually get excited enough while reading a chapter to exclaim out loud at my screen. Ousen changed that. He is the only character in any manga series that has made me go "WHAT THE FUCK?" out loud at a chapter. Just for that and for how he destroyed Ordo's mind in Kankoku, he is my number 5

Fruit D. Evil, meelahi, SMILE and 8 others like this.
  5. TheCriticalLimit

TheCriticalLimit

Bounty Points:
    1. El Sei
    2. Mou Ten
    3. Kyoukai
    4. Karin
    5. Yotanwa

Yes, I know my list is weird. Lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 18, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 18, 2014 ---
    You might as well make a top ten list if you have eight characters in your top 5 dumb ass LOL.

6. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    I would if I could put the characters in the same rank in different ranks :/..
    That list was half-assed.. I'll post a longer more detailed one later. Speaking of which, POST YOUR TOP 30 LIST, IDIOT.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 18, 2014 ---
    Everyone wanted to piss me off by originally wanting to hate on Kanki. Yo guys. I'm nice. I'm a nice person.

Fruit D. Evil, ewhee~, Kadis and 5 others like this.
  7. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    ooh man i don't need a top 5 cause there can only be one OUKI! :D

8. Sakazuki

Sakazuki

Bounty Points:
    I've only just started reading and am in the first 100 chapters. So this list will continue to change as I progress lol. But for now

1. Ouki

O Monstrous Bird of Qin. This enigma has kept me captivated with his character since he clashed with Shoubunkun in the beginning. At first I thought that his appearance looked like somewhat of a typical type of villain. Dark armor and a sinister disturbing appearance. However when the character completely changed and we realized he wasn't so cut and dry I fell in love with his character. Everytime he appears on a panel I get so excited. It's like this adrenaline rush because I want to see why he is there. Ouki doesn't appear for no reason. I like how he has taken an interest in Shin. I can't wait to see more of him.

2. Duke Hyou

When Duke Hyou first appeared, I was expecting a strategic old man. Well that's the vibe I got from his appearance. However, yet again, I was completely fooled. His epic charge obliterating the Wei troop was too awesome. I had no idea he was the man in the mask and when he donned that mask I thing I stood up from my chair and put a fist in the air lol. Another character I can't wait to see more of.

3. Shin

Shin combines all of the attributes I love in a main protagonist and jumbles them into one character. The depressing backstory, the tragic event, drive to succeed, comedic moments, and of course the most important, badass fighting moments. Shin is awesome in so many different ways. He reminds me of a little bit of Berserk's Guts, Gut's trained himself naturally. No special technique or ability. Just pure instinct and training. Difference is Shin is also a funny character. I love how he interacts with people. It's like Luffy, no common sense and always wanting to fight. I love how he talks to Sei as if nothing, and when he got out of line and talked to Heki. He inspires people, even people of higher rank and strength. I thought BakuKoshin was an asshole with the way he was acting, but when him and Shin became close and led the charge it made everything awesome. I can't wait to see his growth as the series continues and can't wait till the day he becomes a great general under the Heavens.

4. Sei

Sei was never a simple character. It's always been hard to see through his thoughts. Because it's a manga, you can generally tell the direction things will go. For example when he went and got aid from the Mountain tribe. Aside from things like that however it's hard to read him. I know he wants Shin to become great, however he has to wait until Shin works his way up. His back story was really touching as well. You think he is a pampered royal child but his upbringing was just as tragic and difficult, or maybe more so then Shin's. I also think it's awesome that the manga is going to follow the journey of Qin Shi Huang. Qin Shi Huang is a very famous historical Chinese figure and I often wonder how closely the real one acted like our manga counterpart.

Fruit D. Evil, SMILE, Kadis and 6 others like this.
  9. TheCriticalLimit

TheCriticalLimit

Bounty Points:
    Top 30? What do you speak of sir? I am also anticipating your "More detailed" list :)

10. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    My top 5, after reading 200+ chapters so far. :D
    1. Tou
    2. Shin
    3. Kyou Kai
    4. Renpa/Kanki
    5. Ouki
    Feeling lazy to describe each :D

11. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Great list :)! Tou is a beast!

So, can I post your top 30 then? And soon young padawan, soon.

12. TheCriticalLimit

TheCriticalLimit

Bounty Points:
    Lol you can. I don't even have it anymore XD.

13. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Well, imma have to scroll up. Aight.

14. TheCriticalLimit

TheCriticalLimit

Bounty Points:
    I could scroll up in our skype chat, but that's too much work for me. It's the job of a trainee such as yourself.

15. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Certainly. Surviving the Qin-Zhao campaign almost unharmed plus taking the head of Chousou without so much trouble. And that "Bicycle Slash" technique of him was so amazing. :D
    Although, I'm still craving to see more of him.

16. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
    Dat similar list (to mine) :cat:

17. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Ohhh :eek: It's really almost the same, with just different order. :rofl:

18. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Oh you will, it only gets better from here for all characters!

except houken

19. TheCriticalLimit

TheCriticalLimit

Bounty Points:
    Oh, I found my top 30 list. Lol.

1) Ei "Motherfucking" Sei
    2) Mouten
    3) Kyoukai
    4) Karin
    5) Yotanwa
    6) Shin
    7) Kanki
    8) Riboku
    9) Futei
    10) Shika
    11) Shōheikun
    12) Ten
    13) Renpa
    14) Duke Hyou
    15) Ouki
    16) Ousen
    17) Kaine
    18) Rinko
    19) Keisha
    20) Tou
    21) Moubu
    22) Baijo
    23) Ryo
    24) shunshinkun
    25) Mougou
    26) Heki
    27) Bihei
    28) Ko
    29) Sekai
    30) Queen Mother
    31) Shobunkun
    32) Ouhon
    33) Gohoumei
    499) Sei's Brother
    500) Houken

20. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Sei's Brother > Houken? :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice