Discussion Favorite character poll

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Shanksette, Jul 1, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Who's your favorite character?

1. Midoriya Izuku

29 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Todoroki Shouto

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Bakugou Katsuki

23 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. Uraraka Ochako

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. All Might

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Asui Tsuyu

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Tokoyami Fumikage

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. Iida Tenya

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. Aizawa Shouta

9 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Kaminari Denki

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  11. Yaoyorozu Momo

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. Shinsou Hitoshi

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  13. Kendou Itsuka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Ojiro Mashirao

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Kirishima Eijirou

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  16. Jirou Kyouka

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  17. Mineta Minoru

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  18. Hagakure Tooru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Hatsume Mei

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  20. Kouda Kouji

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Sero Hanta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Aoyama Yuuga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Satou Rikidou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. Shouji Mezou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. Ashido Mina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. Present Mic

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  27. Shigaraki Tomura

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  28. Stain

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  29. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  30. Togata Mirio

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  31. Amajiki Tamaki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  32. Nejire Hadou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  33. Chisaki Kai

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  34. Fatgum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  35. Gentle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  36. La Brava

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  37. Gran Torino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  38. Himiko Toga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  39. Dabi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  40. Twice

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  41. All for One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  42. Monoma Neito

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    Okay, here's the place where we redefine who's the best character and who's not! Japan has made its choice, how about Oro Jackson?
    I put the 20 most popular characters in the poll, and added those in class 1-A that weren't there. I also added a few other characters. Tell me if you think I forgot someone important ^^
    Since there are so many lovable characters in BnHA, you're allowed to vote for up to 2 characters :)

nemocard, Chris Mic, Soma and 2 others like this.
  2. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    well, i chose:
    Bakugou as my number one because i love his totally hotheaded persoanlity, it is either all or nothing, and reading some of his dialogue bubbles makes me laugh so much xD i just really really really hope that he doesn't get turned into a villain like sasuke did in Naruto, it's such an obvious plot point that i hope it doesn't happen!
    second i chose:
    All might: because he is the typical number one character that everyone wants to be like, the most powerful, most famous etc etc, however, he has so many floors once you get to know him on a personal level, and the more you get to see of him the more you know he isn't as perfect as first seems!

Soma and Shanksette like this.
  3. Baba

Baba MuuBa <3 Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    I'll say Deku :) This is the first time ever where I like the main character in the series most xD

I love how humble, shy, ambitious and smart he is :p Whereas in most of the shonen animes the MC is always an extrovert or dumb.

4. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    Well since we are only allowed to pick two, I will go with these two:

Shouto Todoroki - Shouto is definitely my favourite out of the students, simply because he's got such an awesome ability and a really cool personality as well.

Toshinori (All Might) - I find it hard not to like Toshinori, because he's such an eccentric character with a badass attitude at the same time.

Now to be honest, I have way more favourite characters than just these two, but for the sake of this thread, I just went with these two.

5. Georgie

Georgie

Bounty Points:
    Is BnHA the abbreviation?
    Bakugou
    HES JUST SO COOL! It's sorta hard to explain but he acts like a bad guy and is a good guy which I find quite interesting.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Soma, Blue Rose and Shanksette like this.
  6. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    You're right, it's an overused trope so I don't think it will happen, plus I don't think it would fit Kacchan's character ^^ he's not nice but he's not evil. And he kinda despises the villains to me.

Haha so accurate :D and when he's clever, he's also evil, like you can't be both nice and clever. At least Deku is like that, a true hero :)!

I know, I have a lot of characters that I love too, but I had to choose a limit :) and two is already twice more than what the Japanese could choose for the Weekly Shounen Jump poll

Yes, it's the abbreviation for Boku no Hero Academia :)

Soma and Josh like this.
  7. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji Dead Or Alive Wanted Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    I like many characters a lot. :eek: The poll allows you to pick only two so i went with All Might and Izuku!

My favorite character would be All Might.

• I love his determination of the Symbol of Peace. He had always so much burden on his shoulders when officially being the Number 1 Hero and he still has a lot but he never let anyone notice how difficult it was sometimes to be the number 1 Hero. He has such a serious injuy, yet he always gave his best in all of his fights so far. Everytime the students had to fight where he could not be present, he always felt so guilty and sad...that shows how much he cares for all of them. And obviously he looks badass as hell. As well his Hero form as his original form looks hella badass. He always tries to put a smile on his face when saving people so everyone would feel secure when being with him. But what i also really liked about All Might is the fact that he did not smile when he saw that the students were in danger at the USJ. Also when fighting the teacher of Tomura, he did not smile. This seriousness was needed, was just on point and so very much epic. Even tho the people saw how he really looks like, he still gave his best and defeated the enemy and that because only one woman from behind was in danger and asking for his help. Not to mention his hilarious comedy moments when for example entering the class room with full speed while saying that he is coming in normally :lmao: :rofl:or when always telling Izuku that he is talking utter nonsense when the latter thinks too much :rofl: :tearsofjoy:All Might is just a full package of epic entertainment!
    Other than my favorite character...i really like some of the others as well.

Aizawa Shouta

• He is so badass. I love his character design. He looks like he gives a crap about his students when in reality he cares so much for his students that he would even sacrifice his life while protecting them. And once he gets in his fighting mode...there is no limit to his badassness. Also he has such a great Quirk. When the Villain Alliance came to the school, Aizawa gave his best and fought all of them bravely. When the Villain Alliance came to the forest, Aizawa again gave his best and fought the Villain's and protected the students. He perfectly figured out the weaknesses of the students and concentrated on making them stronger. He is just a great character.
    Izuku Midoriya

• He has everything in his character. He is the typical cry baby who will be the best one day. The way he always sacrifices himself and always puts his body in danger to save his friends is so great. I felt so damn sad when it was shown that he is Quirkless and i am so happy that he got the Quirk of All Might. Izuku is literally born to be a Hero. A real badass once he is determined to save his friends while using One For All.
    Bakugou Katsuki

• His way of talking is so awesome lmao :lmao: i thought he only talks with some people like this but he also talks with his parents like this and his mom talks with him like this as well :rofl: also he is badass and has a strong Quirk. His character design is great as well and his determination of becoming the best Hero is according to Aizawa the best. When he fought All Might, he gave his best and i never thought he would stand up so many times and would have always an even more impressive attack up his sleeve. I really hope that he will get a lot more screentime, especially with All Might cause he looks up to him a lot.
    Lida Tenya

• He is just awesome. Always taking care of his friend's. He has a Quirk which i like a lot since i like speed based abilities in general. I like how he cares for his friend's but at the same time does not forget that he wants to surpass his rival friend's. Also i love how he looks up to his brother and wants to be like him. I always liked Lida but the moment he decided to face Stain and take revenge for what the latter had done to Lida's brother and especially the way how Lida fought against Stain and how he saved Todoroki made me like him way way more. He looks so badass once he gets serious. His determination to revenge his brother really got me.
    And there more characters i really like but i think that's enough :lmao:

Soma, Blue Rose and Shanksette like this.
  8. Skadi

Skadi

Bounty Points:
    My favorite character is Present Mic, I love the loud fun guys, he kinda reminds me of Apoo a bit.

aaand I think my favorite student is Kirishima.

Chilly Cobra, Soma and Shanksette like this.
  9. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Aw I was the only one who picked Jirou

10. Chilly Cobra

Chilly Cobra

Bounty Points:
    Eraserhead, kirishima and bakugou

11. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Shouto Todoroki and Yaoyorozo Momo are my favorites as of now. They have pretty strong quirks and have cool personalities imo.

12. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Deku is my favorite character. Breaking away from the typical shounen tropes and done in a great way. I love to see him improving all the time and think that he is going to be insane once he graduates.

13. Gintoki

Gintoki

Bounty Points:
    Todoroki is def my fav in this Manga.

Deku comes close as second. I like to finally see a shounen lead that isn't too cliche'd and breaks out of the overused trope.

14. Dazai

Dazai

Bounty Points:
    Why did Hatsume have no votes before I voted her?

15. Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Bounty Points:
    Yay! Bakugou leads!
    I chose him in the first episode. Such an evil aura, great ambition and arrogance guarantees huge character development. And I wasn't wrong.
    I would love him both as protagonist and antagonist beacuse he is clever and powerful.
    And i simply love how impolite is his language comapring to other characters :rofl:

I hope what happened in previous manga arc wasn't his last encounter with dark side :teehee:

16. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    I'm realizing that I didn't actually answer. So as you maybe know, my favorite characters are Aizawa and Bakugou, and it's a bit special because I started liking them before I even noticed, and when it came to my mind that I was really enjoying their appearances, I didn't really understand why the people I liked the most were among the least friendly and nice xD. I think this preference owes a lot to the Fallen Angels' translation.
    Still, let me give you some reasons why I like them:

Aizawa
    Well, I started to like him at chapter 6, because he turned out to not be the cliche mean teacher I first thought he was, he left me with a good impression of someone who's strict but fair, and who sees the potential and flaws of people with a surprising accuracy. Later on, he grew up on me as an excellent teacher who pays attention to his students without favoritism, who keeps a cool head in all situations but can also react quickly in a crisis, he's pretty badass and I like his design. Also, his blasé attitude cracks me up, especially when put in contrast to Present Mic ^^. The USJ arc rocketted him to the top of my favorites list, and he stayed up there until now (special mention to the end-of-term exam arc :teehee:).

Bakugou
    Ok, to be honest, I enjoy reading him because he's just sooo (unvoluntarily) hilarious :lmao:. Whether it's the words that Fallen Angels put in his mouth ("I'm mad fucking calm", "die you bacteria fucks, dieeee!" etc...) or his actions (the festival arc and the workplace experience arc were the summit of hilarity for me, seriously every time Bakugou appeared during this arc, I could hardly breathe, his medal, what Best Jeanist did to his hair, etc...). I also really like his strength, his drive to be the best is as big, if not bigger, than Deku's, and I have some kind of admiration for him. Besides, he's not stupid either, he's a good 1v1 tactician, and I like to root for smart people :D. His character development has been interesting so far, the fact that his personality was one of the most explored probably helped me like him, and I hope he'll keep being awesome for the rest of the series ^^

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  17. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    All heroes are amazing!

18. Putu

Putu Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Deku & Kacchan xD

Shanksette likes this.
  19. El-pachinko

El-pachinko

Bounty Points:
    Tokoyami & tsuyu

Shanksette and Blue Rose like this.
  20. Dudu

Dudu

Bounty Points:
    Well, my favorite might as well be Deku himself. Kid has the biggest balls in the whole series. Is quite clever too. Overall I well written character. He deliver some surprising baddass lines and can stand up against overwhelming odds, the biggest hero indeed (in the making).

The other is probably Todoroki. He is there to be cool, and he delivers it.

And my third is... Uraraka. Love her. I started reading the manga after seeing her somewhere and I found her design so charismatic, sort of like when I first saw kid Goku, I just wanted to read more of it. Her personality is sweet and she is one of the two who rebuilt Deku in what he is becoming (the other obviously being All Might).

Don't understand why Bakugou receiver so much love. He is a huge jerk, although a comic one. But the way he treats Deku annoys me, I keep wanting to see Deku hit him with everything in his arrogant face. Maybe he develops better later on, there's still a handful of chapter for me to read.

Shanksette likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice