1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

End no more? Law and Newgate

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by L o g i a, Mar 4, 2016.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Okay guys, after my vitriolic rant, which I sincerely apologise for, I'm considering continuity in writing my theories on here as well as or instead of simply making and sharing videos here, as these have a lot more detail, obviously.

A bit of context surrounding this theory is a debate with Zoro fans about who is stronger than whom out of him and Trafalgar Law. I got rather... passionate... shall we say? This is not a topic I'm going to address in this theory, however, I am going to address an argument I proposed that was instantly dismissed. This being the parallels between Trafalgar D. Water Law and Edward Newgate, which are actually very interesting. Of course, this was instantly and disrespectfully dismissed as garbage, hence I'm writing this now to end my legacy here with some dignity, proving I had a point.

Before we begin I would like to say a few things:
    1. If anyone makes a comment ignoring content from the thread that already answers their question or comment, then I will ignore it
    2. If this turns into a stupid Vs thread in the theory section I request the OroJackson staff to delete this thread as it will not belong and people who make it a vs thread will ruin the enjoyment for everyone
    3. If anyone copies this shit, there will be hell to pay
    4. I'm not tolerating abuse after the abuse we ourselves have suffered, even if it's just character bashing or me-bashing
    5. Keep in mind that these parallels are not by any means conclusive, nor are they defining characteristics, they are simply portrayal by Oda that prove Trafalgar Law is still a candidate for Pirate King, even if we know he won't be Pirate King
    Without further ado, the parallels or Trafalgar D. Water Law and Edward Newgate:
    As contextual background, we know that the 'old Generation' of Gol D. Rogers era had three major Pirate Captains all rivalling eachother and two legendary Marines whom would persistently attempt to capture and/or defeat these three Pirate Captains. Namely, these captains are Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King, Edward Newgate and Shiki (second name unknown). Their Marine rivals were Monkey D. Garp and Sengoku. To me, there are several parallels simply in the existence of three major Supernova captains and two Marine rivals of Monkey D. Luffy's generation. This is only strengthened by the obvious parallels between Monkey D. Luffy and Gol D. Roger that do not need any explanation, as they are common knowledge. These three Worst Generation Captains are Monkey D. Luffy, Eustass Kid and Trafalgar D. Water Law whilst their future Marine rivals will be Coby and Smoker. If you deny this, then don't bother reading further. Oda's made this clear enough by the vows of Smoker and Coby to fight and defeat Luffy, and through Smoker's new found rivalry with Law.

http://3.bp.blogspo****m/-8tzWRXY5vOE/UtCV8WWj2SI/AAAAAAAABvk/G1RB88jJMmU/s1600/die_dreisten_drei_by_choparini-d4yivyg.png
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History:
    Law and Whitebeard have some parallels in their history, both past and present, although often differing in when events take place (as I said before, the parallels are more pseudo than exact). First and foremost, both of them have had terminal illness. Law had the Amber Lead syndrome and Newgate had an unspecified disease that kept him on life support. No two characters other than these two in the present storyline, as in, not being flashback-only, have had terminal illness aside from Nami.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Clearly, being isolated as unique characters in that sense, they share a light parallel. Moreover, they both strongly value family. Law's valuation of family is a direct result of losing both Corazon and the deaths of Lami, his mother and father, whereas we know less about Whitebeard. Law cares deeply for family and this is evident in multiple instances. Firstly; he joined the Donquixote Family.
    [​IMG]
    He values his crewmates immensely, similarly to Whitebeard whom calls all of his crewmembers his "sons", not only that, but also his allies too.
    [​IMG]
    They both even have a history of spontaneous recruitment into their respective crews. The evidence lies in Whitebeard openly offering Portgas D. Ace a place on his ship and Law offering Jean Bart a place on his submarine. The only other Pirate crews in the entire Manga to openly recruit people on panel were the Strawhat Pirates and the Blackbeard Pirates, the latter two share parallels. Thus, deriving the parallel between Whitebeard and Law.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not only that, but they have both lost a loved one, whom was the brother of someone else. These being Portgas D. Ace (brother to Monkey D. Luffy and Sabo) and Corazon (brother to Donquixote Doflamingo). Not only that but both Ace and Corazon were killed by the same person who fought against Whitebeard and Law, these being Sakazuki and Donquixote Doflamingo and/or Vergo. Both even died smiling! To accentuate this further, both Whitebeard and Law acted out of vengeance during the Marineford arc and Dressrosa arc, failing to kill them. I know this may seem like a desperate parallel, to me it's only a small one but a parallel nonetheless, it may be significant though, because, yet again, nobody else has lost a Nakam in this exact same fashion.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Characteristics:
    Whitebeard and Law are both master tacticians. Both have displayed immense tactical and strategic ability during the Marineford and Dressrosa/Punk Hazard arcs respectively, although this may not be obvious on first glance. Law has a reputation for strategem already:
    [​IMG]
    Examples of Law's strategic prowess:
    • Striking a deal with Caesar to stay on Punk Hazard, allowing him to destroy SMILEs and outsmarting even Caesar Clown
    • Displacing Doflamingo into deep shit by destroying SAD, which had potential for Kaido to thereafter kill Doffy
    • Masterminded the entire scheme of the Dressrosa arc including destroying the SMILE factory, forcing Doffy to falsely resign, even infiltrating the royal Palace and weakening Doffy as best fit so that Luffy could beat him
    Whitebeard too has a high pedigree for strategem:
    • Destroying the frozen Tsunami outside Marineford to allow an escape route following the involvement of Pacifistas and Sakazuki's Ryuusei Kazan attack on the frozen bay
    • Gaining a geographical vantage point, passing through a choke-point of the bay undetected by the Marines
    • Splitting Marineford in half whilst fighting Sakazuki as to protect his Nakama from further attacks following his impending death
    • Ordering a pincer movement, the most effective way to take out a force in a solitary and defensive position as the Marines were by protecting Marineford
    The two of them don't have characteristics that stop there. Their relationship with their Pirate King counter-part is similar. Luffy and Law have a friendly relationship, albeit still a rivalry, as embodied by their independence from eachother within their alliance and their perfectly matching Bounties worth five hundred million Beli. Whitebeard and Roger have a less known past, but they too were able to be friendly and rivals, as seen by the remarks of Whitebeard being "the only man to draw with Roger as Pirate King". Whitebeard and Roger even sat and drank Sake together. Both Law and Luffy, in conjunction to Whitebeard and Roger, have shown rivalries in power, reputation and similar interpersonal relations as rivalling friends.
    [​IMG]
    Abilities:
    As if the evidence I've already put forward wasn't enough, this section is perhaps the most convincing and powerful. Out of the previous generation, we have seen both Shiki and Whitebeard fight. Whitebeard parallels Law (and visa versa) in terms of fighting style and ability as well as feats.

First and foremost, both of them have similar Paramecia Devil Fruits. Whitebeard has the "power to destroy the world" whilst Law has the "ultimate power", deriving similar connotations of having the strongest Paramecia Devil Fruits.
    [​IMG]

Not only is this the case, but both fruits are used in similar fashion and have similar powers. There are different kinds of Paramecia fruits, that effect the user or the world around the user. Both possess a power that affects only the world around them (without being awakened) and not themselves. There are very few other Paramecias that do this, and these are the only examples in the old and new generation parallels (Shiki can make himself float and Kid can magnetise himself, for example - Yeah, I think Shiki and Kid are also parallels). How are the fruits used in similar fashion? You ask

Well, Whitebeard and Law are examples of Devil Fruit users whom predominantly rely on their powers and use a bladed weapon (Bisento - Whitebeard and Kikoku - Law), perfect examples of this are as seen in the spoiler below this paragraph, as are examples of the incredible long range techniques they both possess.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    http://3.bp.blogspo****m/-2aVOP5zeofs/ULZIWDr74hI/AAAAAAAAD7E/pSBU9aefKw0/s640/One+Piece+Review+Chapter+690+Trafalgar+Law+cut+Punk+Hazard+island+laboratory+EPIC+power.jpg [​IMG]

On top of that, both fruits have defensive capabilities. For instance; Whitebeard can 'crack the air', which, as we've seen with his fight with Kuzan, provides a defensive capability to destroy any oncoming attacks. Likewise, the Ope Ope no Mi provides Law with the ability to either warp out of harms way or to reflect attacks, such as when he reflected bullets fired upon him. Takt, like Whitebeard punching the air, are techniques that serve both purposes, reflecting or delivering attacks unto opponents
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Plus, they both have immense durability feats. A lot of people forget just how durable Law actually is, and it's saddening. But, we know for a fact it took a lot for Whitebeard to die at Marineford
    [​IMG]

As for Law's durability feats? Well, if we take some circumstances surrounding his performances on Punk Hazard and Dressrosa we can see his immense durability. Firstly, he fought against Vergo whilst Vergo was squeezing his heart, Law eventually came out of that fight with only minor bruises, even though he took some immense amounts of damage. Then, we have his performances in Dressrosa, which I will simply show to you through the use of Manga panels as they explain much better than I can through words. If you still don't think Law is durable, then you need to reread the entirety of the New World thus far - keep in mind any use of his Devil Fruit drains his stamina. The amount of damage he receives is ludicrous.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] http://img.***************/m/51/38354222/968572db50d46db50b9b0fe984befa99.png
    http://img.**************/manga/one-piece/713/09.png [​IMG] http://img.***************/cdn/manga/51/2086/13.png
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-4KFT5NUs_E8/UpD9N5mrYYI/AAAAAAAAAYE/F6g3eEV3snk/s1600/16-17.png[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://3.bp.blogspo****m/-p7cxtghEt-w/VJBl6-mmipI/AAAAAAAAHvU/_4jbEs8mZrE/s1600/opch-3.PNG [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That's a lot. Honestly, I doubt even Luffy or Zoro could match that durability. Regardless, insane durability feats lead me to believe Law retains the same characteristic from Whitebeard as demonstrated in Marineford. This is pretty much irrefutable. If you don't think he's going to be as durable as Whitebeard in future, fair enough, but still, you can't ignore that Law has the same characteristic as Newgate does.
    Crew:
    Of course, what's a captain's parallel without his crew? Like with the old generation and the Roger Pirates likely having a monster trio of Roger, Rayleigh and Gaban paralleling that of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji; Law's Heart Pirates also share many similarities with the Whitebeard Pirates that are specifically unique to them and only them.

Tattoos are quite rare in One Piece. Not many people have them. But amongst Pirate crews, there are only five that have mandatory tattoos for their crew members. These are the Arlong Pirates, Sun Pirates, Donquixote Pirates, Whitebeard Pirates and Heart Pirates. This is another link between Law and Whitebeard as they're clearly a part of a very exclusive club
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Heart Pirates Submarine draws similarity to how Whitebeard used the Moby Dick, of course, I'm sceptical about myself, but it's a possibility, given Whitebeard submerged the Moby Dick to travel into the bay of Marineford.

As for crewmates, they bare a lot of resemblances of their own individually, let alone collectively. The format of Whitebeard's crew retains only Male crewmates, we think. Izo is pretty androgynous, but more likely male as a "son" of Whitebeard. Likewise in the Heart Pirates, there is only one female member of the crew as we saw recently in the Zou arc
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The most obvious parallel perhaps is Jean Bart and Diamond Jozu. Both of them are of similar size and muscular somatotype, even having similar fighting styles utilising their brute strength and throwing their weight around. This can be seen when Jean Bart fights against a Pacifista and Jozu throwing the Iceberg at Marineford (of course, there is a disparity in strength, but they have similarities). Oh yeah, their facial appearance is similar too... ugly mothafuckas
    [​IMG]

Bepo shares parallels with Namur of Whitebeard's crew. Why? Well, both of them are not humans. Namur is a fishman whilst Bepo is a Minkman. Both have similar fighting styles using nothing but close combat martial arts, Namur uses Fishman Karate whilst Bepo uses Karate. Both are the only non-human notable crew members. The less obvious parallels are Shachi and Penguin. However, as of the flashbacks on Zou when Jack invades, we see parallels in fighting style. Firstly, Penguin and Jiru both fight with spears/lances, the only two to do so in either crew as far as we're aware. They are both slightly animalistic as Penguin... is called Penguin and wears a hat, Jiru has pig-esque facial features and may or may not be a Mink, it is unclear. As for Shachi, he parallels Thatch. This is because Shachi is the fourth Heart Pirate to be named and introduced formally. Thatch was the Fourth Division Commander of the Whitebeard Pirates. Also, Shachi and Thatches names can be translated into the same name in Japanese Kanji.
    [​IMG]
    Name:
    And lastly their own names. Trafalgar D. Water Law and Edward Newgate... This has a lot of historical references and they're all interlinked and related. Trafalgar is the name of a famous naval battle between the British and French. There is a place in London (UK) called Trafalgar Square, fun fact; there is an inactive prison in Trafalgar Square called Newgate Prison. They're clearly linked. But if that wasn't enough, Newgate Prison was used to imprison war prisoners from the battle of Waterloo (hinted at by Water Law, from Trafalgar's name), another famous naval battle between the British and French.

@Cpt. @minions @Jacheondaeseong @HOLY ONE @poutanko @Vandenreich @sonnua @Jewish Kaizoku @TheMightyAfroPhoenix @vamsi @Mori @ZoroSenpai @Suda @Portgas D. Shanks @Daiki @Xlaw @Syed D. Master @Aikari @Ranjit @Black Leg.Sanji @ozal khan @Gabriel T @Haoshoku @Damy @Alastor @Primordial Sky @Kodomo @Lostfaction @Fushicho Maruko @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @777guy @Supreme Master @Ethan @Sanzen @TheConqueror @Zero Zero No Mi @271 others @Nappa @PoneglyphMasta @Go D. Usopp @MonkeyDVaxen @Saffron Kaizoku @Monkey D Theories @Buggy-sama @inactive @PlatinumRoger @Redache @CrushinDefeat @Whitey Bay @nathanistic @Pedro5822 @Fishman Ibra @TheConqueror @Shion @Kikodg78 @Dreine @MasterD @Luke @Badass D. Zoro @Fishman Ibra @FrankyG @Vinsmoke Mihawk @Admiral Borsalino @Doctor Room @Enel One Piece Theorist @Notorious Game @Pirate king buggy @shadowfire22 @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @kingdoffy @THE DUDE @Pratham @Recoilation @Divvens

2. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    Law being the new-gen WB is obvious but all these similarities you mentioned pretty much makes it a guarantee.

Also, Izo has genitals. There are no female fighters in WB's crew.

HOLY ONE, Crooc, Dreine and 6 others like this.
  3. Doctor Room

Doctor Room

Bounty Points:
    "If anyone copies this shit, there will be hell to pay" - you said it yourself.. shit XD
    jk

Nice connections,from the latest chapter Law didn't seem interested in Raftel and One Piece at all..he had calm face whole the time..just like Whitebeard,he probably doesn't want it..

littlefairy, HOLY ONE, Dreine and 4 others like this.
  4. Black Leg.Sanji

Black Leg.Sanji

Bounty Points:
    I have read this type of theory before
    But this one is much in detail
    And Law is not interested in one piece
    Hmmm
    Nice work bro

5. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    I already see the parallels.
    First my support to the theory without even reading it.
    Comments will come later.

HOLY ONE, Dreine and L o g i a like this.
  6. Saffron Kaizoku

Saffron Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    Yeah man makes sense. Your thread only confirmed it. Coming from London and having visited Trafalgar Square many times.

7. Edward Low

Edward Low

Bounty Points:
    I'm waiting for the day Law, and Luffy decide to have a drink. Law will look up at Luffy, and be like: "Yo homie, remember that shit that happened on Dressrosa?"

Midomaru, HOLY ONE, Dreine and 3 others like this.
  8. Xlaw

Xlaw

Bounty Points:
    I must thank you for explaining Law's durability feats !!

9. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    Edward "Ned" Low(e) sounds interesting enough?
    Whoever refuses the WB/Roger and Law/Luffy parallel ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  10. Edward Low

Edward Low

Bounty Points:
    You rang?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  11. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Excellent Theory! Appreciate the hard work put to this! I have always thought Law and Whitebeard are similar when it comes to DF abilities but alot of things you mentioned I did not know and I think Law and WB parallels are very strong. I think this foreshadows that Law will be a big shot in the future nah a giant shot for sure.

And one other thing I remembered while reading your theory is that WB acted the same way towards Shiki as Law acted towards Kid. Although its a small parallel it still is interesting.
    [​IMG]
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-vAAihCjmA40/VjjQ4fctTVI/AAAAAAABZbs/PSCktLd_PUg/s16000-Ic42/014.jpg
    Both Law and WB say they will beat Shiki/Kid up. Strange huh?

I was wondering if you would do a Kid/Shiki theory although its more obvious than this one :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
    littlefairy, HOLY ONE, Crooc and 4 others like this.
  12. MasterD

MasterD

Bounty Points:
    First thanks for the tag as always appreciate your theories amazing skills you've got here :D the parallel is perfect I'm a big supporter of the parallels between the 3 old captains and the 3 new ones. Kid will fight luffy for sure I'm 100% sure of that
    perfect parallel here with the bounty. Let's not forget that law assisted at Neko and Ina explanation so basically he knows how to get to Raftel just like WB
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 4, 2016 ---
    There are so many evidence showing that the couples of 3 have so many things in common. Kid and Shiki and both mercels crazy pirates, WB and Law are the calm ones the guys that think before doing something and luffy and roger are the carefree ones that enjoy the adventure that want to be free.

littlefairy, HOLY ONE, Dreine and 2 others like this.
  13. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    There are only 2 things I don't agree much in the theory, one is the parallel Garp/Sengoku to Coby/Smoker.
    The parallel there is Garp/Sengoku/Tsuru to Coby/Helmeppo/Tashigi imho.

The other is that I think BigMom comes from the same age as Roger/WB/Shiki.

littlefairy, HOLY ONE, Dreine and 3 others like this.
  14. Deleted member 10103

Bounty Points:
    Indeed. It is very obvoius at this point that these individuals parallel to the new generation.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 4, 2016 ---
    I think Big Mom parallels another supernova, although the parallels are not strong its kind of there

Capone and Big Mom (Current things we know)

Both mafia based (Al Capone and Big Jim : Capone Bege, Big Mom)
    Crewmates treat them as parent. ("Father" to Capone "Mama" to Big Mom)
    Mafia clothing

Things I think in my opinoin:
    Big Mom has a similar fruit to Capone but her DF will be more powerful.

Capone will be the "Big" mafia based individual in Luffy's Era.

littlefairy, HOLY ONE, Dreine and 3 others like this.
  15. THE DUDE

THE DUDE

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the tag man really appreciate it, theres a lot of great stuff in here, I really enjoyed the law durability section.

My only question is, had WB ever shown interest in being PK prior to Roger attaining the title, because If im not mistaken Law said he intended to be PK when he, luffy, and kidd met at the auction house. If im not mistaken about that, then its the only thing i see that would differentiate him from WB as Pops clearly wasnt interested in OP or being PK i believe.

Otherwise i pretty much completely agree on the rest!

Also does this mean you think Law and Luffy will clash at some point? We know Buggy stated that WB was the only man to fight Roger to a draw, and that would be really interesting to see how Luffy-Law fight would play out.
    And would Kidd end up coming around to respecting Law and Luffy? In Chapter 0 we've seen Shiki clearly respected Roger through his outburst at Marineford, and likewise with Pop's when he and Pops spoke openly about Shikis plans without fear of WB ever interfering and exchanged cups in a very civil way.

littlefairy, HOLY ONE, Dreine and 2 others like this.
  16. Cpt.

Cpt.

Bounty Points:
    Great ideas here. Law and Whitebeard had more parallels than I knew about.

I also think Shiki and Kidd parallel. Both personality and fruit abilities (gravity and magnetism are two great forces in physics).

17. Zero Zero No Mi

Zero Zero No Mi

Bounty Points:
    YEAHH !!! Stay in OJ with pleasure !! :yaaa::yaaa:
    Cool to see you again.

good theory, i'm waiting for the Kid/Shiki (even it is obvious).
    But I think there are two people modelling Gol D Roger : Luffy & Teach.

About Garp/Sengoku and Koby/Smoker, i'm still sceptical because Smoker is a lot older than Luffy and Kobby. Sengoku, Roger and Garp had approximatively the same age.

Garp // Kobby ?
    Sengoku // Smoker ?

I think, Sentoumaru could be here too.

Good reading :)
    The thing weird for me is that there was no Yonkos during the time of Roger. I mean, what about Kaido and Big Mom, it looks like they're old, I'm sure they were here during the Roger's time.

HOLY ONE, Dreine and L o g i a like this.
  18. MasterD

MasterD

Bounty Points:
    We can even and Tashigi to the parallel with the other 2 marines. She is very similar to tsuru

HOLY ONE, Dreine, THE DUDE and 2 others like this.
  19. Deleted member 10103

Bounty Points:
    Yeah kind of. The similar facial features and even hair styles. I think Tashigi does parallel to Tsuru now that I look at it.

Also their names start with a T nah jk

20. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    And by the way I expect Law to introduce Luffy to X-Drake as the third ally of the Kaido take-down alliance.
    Law and Drake in Minion island the same day of such a big event is not random.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice